Author Topic: Godspire Needs Change.  (Read 47274 times)

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2005, 05:42:23 AM »
Ok, havent read most of the posts.. Alot of them where the same thing.
Now, Lost? the Rakshasa YELLS "Hey anyone need a lift to the halls" or something along those lines every second and waves his arms.

Now, that aside even if you didnt get a lift its STRIEGHT AHEAD, lol jesus. If you cant make your way there im surprised you negotiated your way through the hole in your T-Shirt// Let alone those 2 holes in your pants, eeek, anyway.

This is partly why I pretty much gave up on NWN1 GodSpire, people think we can pull a mirricle out of our ass and players will be falling off the brim as GodSpire gets overpopulated.
We cant sway people over with server changes.. They have to come and experiance the TRUE GodSpire game play and see what they think themselves.

Like Mo said, This server IS for Advanced players... Though yes, n00bs are indeed welcome but if you dont have a brain, or one that can handle simply getting to the halls
"3 doors.... omg.... I cant handle this.." (2 dont work...........) than you shouldent be in GodSpire at all or even near a PC.

Now, I aint gonna let GodSpire die either, what you see isnt GodSpire dieing. Its GodSpire Goin to sleep.
NWN2 GodSpire WILL rise again, and be the first ground breaking server just like it was back in the day (And even though lacking players is still groundbreaking now).
And if Matt dont come back im goin to the UK for a nad kicking spree.
Ok, there probly and possibly more but that will do, happy dueling, guild waring or whatever. Im goin back to LINEAGE 2 Chronicle 3! (Nah not official, found a NICE server with thousands of people and Official server files : p everything I know of is working yay High Rate/LowRate/Mid Rate)

Later

~Just D
[snapback]26528[/snapback]

If a lot of people say there is a problem then there IS a problem . It's not that simple as you're trying to say .
"Hey anyone need a lift to the halls?" , yeah the rashaka says that . Though I never understood what "lift" meant . I found it with luck . Most of people in GodSpire have limited english ( me included ) , I think you can understand that . It doesn't mean they're dumb or stupid .
Btw , "halls" isn't really a word with the same meaning as "arena" . Hence most of new players don't talk to the rashaka .

Let's say you're a total newb . You come for the first time to GodSpire .
- You land in a boat , in front of you , the sailor ( I think it is the sailor ) . You talk to him and he says nearly nothing interesting apart from the presentation of GodSpire .
- In front of you again an other boat . Vash is standing . You talk to him , he asks you to go to the city . You're noob . You think : "OMG going to the city , I can go to the arena !" . You go . You get lost . You quit .
- Let's say you DON'T talk to vash . You go to where the rashaka stands . "Omg a weirdo asking me to go to the "hall" wtf is he talking about ! I just want to go to the arena !" 2 choice , you still talk to him and go with luck to the arena . Or you don't talk to him . Going to the arena is not that simple . I even get lost ( you might say it's because I am stupid but I guess some other people more clever than me and you got lost again there . )
- You get to the arena . "OMG BIG ZONE !!! WHERE ARE THE DAMN PLAYERS??" 1) You find em and FINALLY plays to the TRUE GodSpire .
2) You don't find them , explore the zone , get lost , quit .

Hence we have few problems for new players :
- Bad location of the rashaka : He should be at the VERY beggining of the map .
- The vocabulary that is too good for people with limited english .
- The location of Vash ; he should be in a zone INSIDE the arena .
- Zone and area aren't displayed in the map making it clear to go through GodSpire .
- An arena which is WAY too big for the number of people that plays on GodSpire atm .
- A better explanation of what zones are . Like updating the sailor for that .

"Now, I aint gonna let GodSpire die either, what you see isnt GodSpire dieing. Its GodSpire Goin to sleep.
NWN2 GodSpire WILL rise again, and be the first ground breaking server just like it was back in the day (And even though lacking players is still groundbreaking now)."

What you're trying to say is that you don't care about GodSpire in nwn 1 and that we just have to wait till nwn 2 ? You just rejected in your post all the players that tried to help , poiting out things that cause problems in the current GodSpire .

« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 08:16:35 AM by Maxou »
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Dark Jimbo

• View Profile
    • http://
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2005, 06:23:58 AM »
If a lot of people say there is a problem then there IS a problem . It's not that simple as you're trying to say .
"Hey anyone need a lift to the halls?" , yeah the rashaka says that . Though I never understood what "lift" meant . I found it with luck . Most of people in GodSpire have limited english ( me included ) , I think you can understand that . It doesn't mean they're dumb or stupid .
Btw , "halls" isn't really a word with the same meaning as "arena" . Hence most of new players don't talk to the rashaka .

Let's say you're a total newb . You come for the first time to GodSpire .
- You land in a boat , in front of you , the sailor ( I think it is the sailor ) . You talk to him and he says nearly nothing interesting apart from the presentation of GodSpire .
- In front of you again an other boat . Vash is standing . You talk to him , he asks you to go to the city . You're noob . You think : "OMG going to the city , I can go to the arena !" . You go . You get lost . You quit .
- Let's say you DON'T talk to vash . You go to where the rashaka stands . "Omg a weirdo asking me to go to the "hall" wtf is he talking about ! I just want to go to the arena !" 2 choice , you still talk to him and go with luck to the arena . Or you don't talk to him . Going to the arena is not that simple . I even get lost ( you might say it's because I am stupid but I guess some other people more clever than me and you got lost again there . )
- You get to the arena . "OMG BIG ZONE !!! WHERE ARE THE DAMN PLAYERS??" 1) You find em and FINALLY plays to the TRUE GodSpire .
2) You don't find them , explore the zone , get lost , quit .

I agree with Max on this, things aren't as 'clear' as they could be. Why make things more difficult ?
Jimbo™

"...its better to ask and not get the answer you want, than to not ask at all..."

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2005, 01:51:48 PM »
I agree with Max on this, things aren't as 'clear' as they could be. Why make things more difficult ?
[snapback]26536[/snapback]
Alot of the problems is easy crap, that even an inexperienced "moron" like myself could fix, GodSpire has alot of unique and comlex scripts etc. and this is just rice and cookies compared to them, in actuality, most problems here, shouldnt even take a day to fix.

EVERY multiplayer game is more than 100x better when there are active people who are there everyday fixing problems, helping people, being as kind as can be, curing diseases, and giving u a damn bowl of chicken noodle soup when you're sick. Honestly, whenever I play L2 Global server, I am just happy to know there are GM's there constantly pointing things out, and repeatly telling you that if you need anything, or have any problems, to pm them. Kinda like if you buy a comp, and they tell you 24/7 quality tech support, and ur comp breaks, you call them up, and they're kind to you, help you and solve your problem. I can guarantee most of these piece companies you buy from, have shit tech support that ask you stupid questions piss you off, and barely solve your problem, if at all.

I guess I should put it bluntly... do I really have to? Yeah I think I do.
"Quality, over quantity." Can't place much more emphasis on that. I almost like being straightforward better, oh well.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 01:53:17 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2005, 02:41:21 PM »
Alot of the problems is easy crap, that even an inexperienced "moron" like myself could fix, GodSpire has alot of unique and comlex scripts etc. and this is just rice and cookies compared to them, in actuality, most problems here, shouldnt even take a day to fix.

EVERY multiplayer game is more than 100x better when there are active people who are there everyday fixing problems, helping people, being as kind as can be, curing diseases, and giving u a damn bowl of chicken noodle soup when you're sick. Honestly, whenever I play L2 Global server, I am just happy to know there are GM's there constantly pointing things out, and repeatly telling you that if you need anything, or have any problems, to pm them. Kinda like if you buy a comp, and they tell you 24/7 quality tech support, and ur comp breaks, you call them up, and they're kind to you, help you and solve your problem. I can guarantee most of these piece companies you buy from, have shit tech support that ask you stupid questions piss you off, and barely solve your problem, if at all.

I guess I should put it bluntly... do I really have to? Yeah I think I do.
"Quality, over quantity." Can't place much more emphasis on that. I almost like being straightforward better, oh well.
[snapback]26543[/snapback]

Please also remember that GodSpire is totally free, where as L2 and other cost cost money to play.  We run GodSpire on our free time and do the best we can.

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2005, 03:43:28 PM »
Lineage 2 can be free, the server Xen is playing on is free.. they are called private servers... :rolleyes:  :blush:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2005, 03:52:01 PM »
Lineage 2 can be free, the server Xen is playing on is free.. they are called private servers... :rolleyes:  :blush:
[snapback]26548[/snapback]

Yes and you obviously don't have 24/7 tech support plus constant new content being developed for these free servers

Offline Hubba

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2005, 04:16:37 PM »
Well, to be honest... there is... :blush:

But don't worry, i don't really like it...

I stick with Godspire anyway... ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 04:17:17 PM by Hubba Bubba »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2005, 06:04:07 PM »
Well, to be honest... there is... :blush:
[snapback]26550[/snapback]

your standards for support and content must be pretty low.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2005, 08:06:15 PM »
in l2 i found a new server the gms there are on everyday and update server as they come out besides fixing bugs and stuff so inst that bad, anyways i still play godspire when i see some1 on, like 5 hours ago im checkin that whos online thingie and its been almost all day empty  :(  i want the full of ppl GodSpire again   :cray:  :cray:  :cray:  :cray:  
and i agree with hell on the rakasa thing, even i think players should appear directly in arena, so "no brain" newbies dont get lost,  its just a lovely pvp arena after all  :P
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 08:08:46 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2005, 07:14:35 AM »
Please also remember that GodSpire is totally free, where as L2 and other cost cost money to play.  We run GodSpire on our free time and do the best we can.
[snapback]26546[/snapback]

Hubba and mercy are supposed to be on daily .
They're DMs . Can't they try to fix the problem in the few time they're on ?
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :

Offline Hubba

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2005, 07:43:10 AM »
Ehm, max? i don't know about you but im on every single day.. not like you who's on for 10 minutes and then leaves again, so you can't even tell if im on daily...

PS: And i think enough people can confirm that i'm on enough...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 07:49:39 AM by Hubba Bubba »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2005, 12:39:32 PM »
Yes, L2 free servers have tech support pretty much throughout the entire day, sometimes a small gap. The GM's are always helpful and always nice. The lagg can be extreme at times, but then again they're hosting a "free" server. And they are constantly working to update and keep things going good. So yeah, Hubba was exactly right about that. Of course they advertise that they need donations etc. but in their case, they do, an nwn server doesnt cost money to host, and the way most money would be spent on it would be if you hired people to keep things up to date and watch for bugs etc etc. But this is what DM's/Sents/Guardians are for, and when it comes to keeping the server up to date, if someone doesnt have that sort of time...Those of us who do, and care would do it free, u wouldnt need to hire anybody.

Not everything that is free is cheap, poor quality, and/or not worth while. There are alot of good people out there that just like to do things to make others happy, and as some people cannot understand this, these are the people I take time out to help them in that task. It is much the same with GodSpire, GodSpire is free, and we love GodSpire, and do whatever we can to keep it alive.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2005, 12:53:48 PM »
And if Matt dont come back im goin to the UK for a nad kicking spree.
[snapback]26528[/snapback]
YOU HEAR THAT TALON!?!?!
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2005, 02:42:04 AM »
Ehm, max? i don't know about you but im on every single day.. not like you who's on for 10 minutes and then leaves again, so you can't even tell if im on daily...

PS: And i think enough people can confirm that i'm on enough...
[snapback]26556[/snapback]

lol hubba , I didn't want to get you offensed :) Don't worry I KNOW you are on daily :P
What I meant is there is DMs that can solve the problem cause they're on daily .

An other solution could ask someone that is good in creating zone to create one , a good one . DMs would just have to check that zone out , add NPC and scripts . ( though I am totally noobs at computer stuff , so I dunnno if you really can do that ) .

Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :

Offline Hubba

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2005, 06:22:47 AM »
We can't just add scripts... i think...  :huh:

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2005, 09:54:53 AM »
@Maxou

The easy way to add scripts and so to the mod, is the toolset. If you for example have ftp acces to the module directory of the server, and can restart the mod, you can add scripts and other things. You also can debug the mod if you notice things that break.

If you don't have acces to it, then you can send someone who can acces the mod, new things. But that person still has to get it in the mod and maybe debug it. So that person should have time, and as far I know, nobody with acces has enough of it right now. It's also not efficient for a load of things, as you have nearly no idea what the internal parts of the mod look like.

-Mel

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2005, 02:08:59 PM »
Can someone condense this thread into one paragraph for me? I'd like to read it but I just don't have time.

I'm using the power rangers to steal bandwidth from 10,000 people in florida.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2005, 02:21:25 PM »
Can someone condense this thread into one paragraph for me? I'd like to read it but I just don't have time.
[snapback]26574[/snapback]

Sure:

Some people don't like the recent changes to GodSpire (specifically those done by Xen) and think it's the reason GodSpire's number of players have dropped. Other people expressed that they liked the changes and the recent drop in players has to do with new games, NWN being "old" and "real life" getting in the way. Mo said he will fix the various problems associated with the new changes as well as those problems introduced by the 1.66 patch.

Other than that people have been posting various ideas on how to "fix" GodSpire.

A note on DMs adding scripts to GodSpire, I have added many scripts as well as altered existing default Bioware scripts for the various custom drinks, monsters and areas I designed. When I create these scripts and objects I pack them into an .erf file and send them off to Mo's FTP site with an explanation of what content I am adding or modifying. I find this to be the best solution so that the job of determining what new content might conflict with existing content is deligated to a single person.

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2005, 09:49:10 PM »
I think we all recognize the truth here is the fact that I no longer play at godspire, therefore the fun is gone.

I'm using the power rangers to steal bandwidth from 10,000 people in florida.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2005, 08:59:37 AM »
About players getting lost I don't find that's the case...if people don't know where to go or are "lost" they shout and they get directions which happens quite often and I like this because it shows they're somewhat compitent and they already feel comfortable asking questions.
If people join and get "lost" and then give up and quit they're attention span is far too short for an adventure style game and don't really care about what the server has to offer.
At some point we'll have a Sentinel at the docks wipin' players asses and serving fruit to them as they enter.

As far as the scripting issues...they don't interfer on a day to day basis with dueling so I could give a hoot cause that's why we're really there is too kill each other and shoot the shit (talk).

A. Duel managers work
B. FREE gear works
C. Travel from docks to Halls work

What are the complaints about?  If you want to get a powdered bum go to Ante's server.

I no longer play at godspire, therefore the fun is gone.

who are you I don't know you

Offline Hubba

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2005, 09:24:10 AM »
It's Cabazon

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2005, 11:12:24 AM »
It's Cabazon
[snapback]26614[/snapback]
You dont remember ABC Cabazon!?! The Orc tank in rainbow armor with a those horrible butterfly wings.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2005, 04:20:15 PM »
You dont remember ABC Cabazon!?! The Orc tank in rainbow armor with a those horrible butterfly wings.
[snapback]26615[/snapback]
How can he remember??  I don't think Meclar was around when Cabazon used to play.
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2005, 05:48:43 PM »
About players getting lost I don't find that's the case...if people don't know where to go or are "lost" they shout and they get directions which happens quite often and I like this because it shows they're somewhat compitent and they already feel comfortable asking questions.
If people join and get "lost" and then give up and quit they're attention span is far too short for an adventure style game and don't really care about what the server has to offer.
At some point we'll have a Sentinel at the docks wipin' players asses and serving fruit to them as they enter.

As far as the scripting issues...they don't interfer on a day to day basis with dueling so I could give a hoot cause that's why we're really there is too kill each other and shoot the shit (talk).

A. Duel managers work
B. FREE gear works
C. Travel from docks to Halls work

What are the complaints about?  If you want to get a powdered bum go to Ante's server.
who are you I don't know you
[snapback]26613[/snapback]
That's a bit judgemental, that's like saying every person alive with depression should be shot because they have difficulty asking a question... arent you kind?

And to say. ABC works then there is no problem is totally wrong, I guess you'll be having fun killing "players" in GodSpire when its empty... oh.. whoops... I forgot there wont be any huh? Whats worse is the three things you mention that work, dont all work... tsk tsk. What? You mean to say you haven't been paying any attention to the countless players trying to get the so called "free equipment," and rather than getting anything, losing everything? And travel from the halls, ya some people do shout, and some people dont, that says absolutely nothing about the player, or his/her attention span, and is assuming quite alot about someone you don't even know, besides the fact that with the server empty so often, shouting doesn't work well, when nobody else is around but other newbies or nobody at all, ya real nice, that will work I'm sure. And it is beyond hypocritical to tell someone to follow the rules, to stop breaking rules, and to follow the rules. How the hell are you supposed to follow rules you dont even know exist? Comeon! Ya, you say free equipment works, but the player loses the rulebooks when getting it, wow that does work well huh? Then they go and break a few rules, and some sentinel tells them to cut it out, too bad they don't know what a sentinel is, or what the duel manager is for, and don't have anywhere to look to read the rules... for me at least I try giving them another copy, but it is unfortunate that you gotta go and drop it on the ground and they gotta pick it up in time before it dissappears... nope, the scripting issues don't interfere on a daily basis... Nope there's no problems... everything is juust fine...

Reality note, there is no possible way without emotes or actual modifications to the game to pat players on the arse and hand them fruit on entry... otherwise those of us who care enough, would have tried that.

And there is absolutely no reason to say anything like that about the Antes server, it is very much the same, only without the problems.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 02:03:55 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2005, 09:20:50 PM »
I think that removing the item level requirements in the config of the server will fix that "getting naked problem" when asking for the generic stuff. I think the GodSpire gear gets removed because a player that isn't 20, or is 21 can't equip the stuff. Also, poeple did effort to make the books better, it isn't logical to remove them... Just a if() to exclude the tags of the books does the job, or better, a function that makes sure they have 1 set of them. Anyway, this thread is just yelling that the module needs some maintenance. And the server some players.

And about the ante server. The only problem I can think about, is that it doesn't runs 24/24 7/7. That it's not that "advanced", what some call it's problem, actually is one of the things that keep it alive, unlike GodSpire.

@Anheg
Armor? How about underwear? ;)

-Mel

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2005, 02:46:03 AM »
OF COURSE I KNOW WHO CABAZON IS it was a joke...

HeLL I didn't care for your response and I don't care for your topic either.  The purposes are served as far as GodSpire is concerned and I find it hard to believe your commitment or sincerity to new players.
Not only have you taken my post out of context but my loyalty to the server.

example:

That's a bit judgemental, that's like saying every person alive with depression should be shot because they have difficulty asking a question... arent you kind

I have played level 20 for a very long time  and from that I have leanred a lot about waiting for a duel...I know what it's like not to have anyone to duel.

Whats worse is the three things you mention that work, dont all work

EVERY time I've gone into GodSpire those 3 things have worked.

that says absolutely nothing about the player, or his/her attention span

Yes it does

besides the fact that with the server empty so often, shouting doesn't work well

If it's empty who's shouting? (tree falls in the forest blah blah blah...If the player had any sense about them they would know if it was worth shouting or not)

You mean to say you haven't been paying any attention to the countless players trying to get the so called "free equipment," and rather than getting anything, losing everything?

I watch who goes for new equipment.  I know the sound very well.  Don't suggest things I said.  The only issues I see are those who try to get certain gear and don't have the feats to get it. example: Barbarian trying to get Strength Gear

And it is beyond hypocritical to tell someone to follow the rules, to stop breaking rules, and to follow the rules. How the hell are you supposed to follow rules you dont even know exist?

There is such a thing as common sense.  What about fair play?  Don't attack people that aren't expecting to be attacked? How about the messages that come up when you enter the server?  They don't need to know what a Sentinel is to behave appropriatley.

player loses the rulebooks when getting it, wow that does work well huh?

As I said above some common sense helps.

for me at least I try giving them another copy, but it is unfortunate that you gotta go and drop it on the ground and they gotta pick it up in time before it dissappears

At this point you should know the rules well enough to recite them without trouble and OBVIOUSLY if you know they don't have a copy then don't treat them as if they did... on top of that I said something about common sense...

otherwise those of us who care enough, would have tried that.

HeLL you're full of it.

Reality note, there is no possible way without emotes or actual modifications to the game to pat players on the arse and hand them fruit on entry...

HeLL you're full of it.  You're taking my post out of context.

And there is absolutely know reason to say anything like that about the Antes server

I'm using their server as an example to say that they will cater to the player and problems of a server. It was not in a negative connotation but as a difference to the style of treatment compared to GodSpire.

And there is absolutely know reason to say anything like that about the Antes server, it is very much the same, only without the problems.

As I said before go play on Ante's

Can't get these qoutes to work...*kicks a sand bag*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 02:55:23 AM by Meclar »

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2005, 05:25:41 AM »
Meclar , I must say I think there IS an area problem . That area problem is added to the amount of problems GodSpire ( and nwn ) currently have .
It's the whole amount of problems that make the number of people playing on GodSpire going down .  

About common sense ... hmm :) I must say that I learned how to shout only 6-7 months ago :D Hence I think noobs ( I mean true noobs ) won't know how to .
Anyway it's normal that when you log in a server for the first time you're lost . Then you need to keep things as simple as they can be .

About that fair play and common sense in an arena , I , and I think most of new people entering a pvp server didn't know about the rules .
When I first entered in GodSpire , I attacked bravely with my lvl 1 sorcerer a lvl 40 :) "GO ARENA SERVER" I thought , I got kicked in the butt , and I needed a sent to tell me to read the rules .

Btw when I first read your words about the ante server , I , too , thought you meant it in a negative connotation . Though I have limited english and I don't understand what "powdered bum" mean so mea culpa :P

Hmm btw , Belog ( and other NPCs ) used to give players sometimes , a partial specific gear ( when you ask him a str gear , he only , as an exemple , gave me armor and shield , nor weapon , boots , etc ) was that fixed?
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2005, 06:56:26 AM »
this topic is stilllllllllll going...

first thing i feel meclars post was pretty spot on i dont see much point of repeating it since noone bothers to read or just automatically disregards any post that isent about "turn GodSpire back to how it was because of the poor noobs" or "GodSpire is dead cause of the new GodSpire" its all complete BS and people are even bringing in past so called problems from the old GodSpire and shoving them onto to the 'new GodSpire'

there are no problems with the server and your pathetic unanswered whines   make me laugh        

((oops i forgot your your pathetic unanswered whines HAVE been answered but i guess you were all to busy crying and throwing mud))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 07:08:29 AM by bus driver »

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2005, 07:50:47 AM »
this topic is stilllllllllll going...

first thing i feel meclars post was pretty spot on i dont see much point of repeating it since noone bothers to read or just automatically disregards any post that isent about "turn GodSpire back to how it was because of the poor noobs" or "GodSpire is dead cause of the new GodSpire" its all complete BS and people are even bringing in past so called problems from the old GodSpire and shoving them onto to the 'new GodSpire'
there are no problems with the server and your pathetic unanswered whines   make me laugh         
((oops i forgot your your pathetic unanswered whines HAVE been answered but i guess you were all to busy crying and throwing mud))
[snapback]26641[/snapback]

OK..........

Sorry , I just tried to keep GodSpire on nwn1 "alive" ... But I guess I'll have to go to other servers to play nwn with a lot of people .

Just close this topic Hell , they won't do anything .
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :

Offline Dark Jimbo

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2005, 08:10:27 AM »
Ok, i been nice but now i'm just getting pissed off, as it seems some people just can't be arsed doing f*** all, and just insult others who offer suggestions, and sometimes vice-versa. It seems there is a clear split here, and to be honest i want no part of it anymore.

:(
Jimbo™

"...its better to ask and not get the answer you want, than to not ask at all..."