Author Topic: Godspire Needs Change.  (Read 46982 times)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2005, 11:58:53 PM »
Dude Elessar, I dont think I ever direct my comments towards you and yet you still have something to say about them. You can stand up for yourself, and I know shade and mel can. They dont need your help. So stop, its really annoying. I was trying to get a point across. Those three sents are the ONLY ones who are on daily. Which is what a sent should do. If she cant do that, then maybe she doesnt need to be a sent. Ugh.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2005, 08:00:55 AM »
You can get through any closed door without needing to open it.
[snapback]26281[/snapback]
Angband has a second way, unique to the map. But I'm sure that isn't important at all, I just mention it as something of the good old days.

-Mel

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2005, 09:38:09 AM »
Dude Elessar, I dont think I ever direct my comments towards you and yet you still have something to say about them. You can stand up for yourself, and I know shade and mel can. They dont need your help. So stop, its really annoying. I was trying to get a point across. Those three sents are the ONLY ones who are on daily. Which is what a sent should do. If she cant do that, then maybe she doesnt need to be a sent. Ugh.
[snapback]26282[/snapback]

I don't see you on daily, maybe you don't deserve to be a sent.

-Elessar

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2005, 02:18:26 PM »
Im not a sent rofl, Im a dm.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2005, 02:19:13 PM »
I don't see you on daily, maybe you don't deserve to be a sent.
-Elessar
[snapback]26298[/snapback]
I dont see you on daily, maybe you don't deserve to be a ***DM***.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2005, 02:42:43 PM »
I hardly ever see you on, and I am on daily. Get on later.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2005, 03:40:37 PM »
I hardly ever see you on, and I am on daily. Get on later.
[snapback]26308[/snapback]

=P i do go on and i come on the forums and check who's online about a dozen times every day, to my knowledge we live in the same time zone, so either you're nocturnal or i should start checking three dozen times a day to see when you're on.

-Elessar

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2005, 05:11:43 PM »
Actually, yea I am nocturnal. The times that I go on godspire are usually during the late night. Day time, I do something called work.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2005, 05:14:34 PM »
Actually, yea I am nocturnal. The times that I go on godspire are usually during the late night. Day time, I do something called work.
[snapback]26310[/snapback]

ya i've heard of it, but usually it doesn't span a time from 9 in the morning untill 9-10(maybe 11) at night...there is also the fact that the average human requires 7-8 hours of sleep =P

-Elessar

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2005, 06:38:18 PM »
O
N

T
O
P
I
C

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2005, 09:14:19 PM »
O
F
F

T
O
P
I
C

D
O
N
E

O
N

T
O
P
I
C

N
O
W

:D

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2005, 09:54:09 PM »
Right now, after playing a bit on the server. There's only 1 real problem I see, that has anything to do with GodSpire dieing. (and not with my personal taste or whatever)

The hall is *hidden*. New players get lost in the city or other places, somethimes 7 poeple are on, 2 in the hall, the rest lost on the map. (I even don't know where) They often just logoff after a while and don't rejoin. I think a layout of the map where you first see the docks then the hall and then all the rest, would do good to the server.

I can't think of other things that can be changed, to higher the amount of players and reduce the boredom. The server is empty because the the old GodSpire players are gone, or play GW or WoW. (I guess those games aren't bad at all) And because new players are getting rare and don't stay long.

But to be honnest, I don't think that the GodSpire nwserver will recover. No matter if things get changed or not. Without some miracle, we'll have to wait till nwn2 or dragon age to see a well running filled up server.

-Mel

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2005, 12:21:53 AM »
as retarded as it sounds....why not just place a conversation on the dock doors that will ask ppl where they want to go (Hall or City) THEN you could tie in that hole Server Vault thing into the city...
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2005, 05:46:31 AM »
Well the main problems are identified then, and that is the fact that areas are skewed about and hard to get to, particulaliry the halls, so basically the new facelift sucks and the old one was better.
The other are just all the little bugs everywhere like the barter window etc. and players not being able to get equipment from some damn bug, and the books disappearing when they get equip, those things.

@Mel, I think the Angband Gates thing is pretty obvious by now, but I think Mo was just stating that you dont even need to do that to get around them... you can just use the door bug.

@Elessar, Mercy and I have similar time zones, only being 1 hr. apart, and we both do the nocturnal thing. And later at night normally I see him on, he isnt on for hrs. at a time normally but he comes on for awhile, normally leaves and comes back on a little later. And I actually agree with him about Shade, not that she isnt cool or anything, just inactive. We all have our times of being inactive, there will be times when I will be inactive for a few weeks, but not for months unless my comp dies.

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2005, 06:22:27 AM »
The new halls is a nice refreashing change and is nicely layed out... just like the rest of the maps i see no problems of how anything is layed out and i think all this talk of maps has been blown far out of proportion. Its easy to find your way to the main halls and from the amount of noobs who are there shows it anit hard to find and for getting lost in the city... come on it isent even a large map and you can easly leave by the way you came in by the docks once you know that nobody is there which wont take long to notice. Oh and another thing i might add just because a lowbie/noob are in other area's doesent mean they are lost .... people do like to explore you know.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 06:23:26 AM by bus driver »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2005, 06:22:46 AM »
@Mel, I think the Angband Gates thing is pretty obvious by now, but I think Mo was just stating that you dont even need to do that to get around them... you can just use the door bug.
[snapback]26319[/snapback]
I think it's offtopic, but ok.. I could as well have said that the l33t haxxor gnoll still says the same things. I replyed to Mo's post, to make that clear (read: to make sure it was clear) that I wasn't talking about bugs, but about things I reconized from the good old GodSpire. Anyway, it's just a detail in one of my posts.

-Mel

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2005, 07:44:04 AM »
I think it's offtopic, but ok.. I could as well have said that the l33t haxxor gnoll still says the same things. I replyed to Mo's post, to make that clear (read: to make sure it was clear) that I wasn't talking about bugs, but about things I reconized from the good old GodSpire. Anyway, it's just a detail in one of my posts.

-Mel
[snapback]26324[/snapback]
lol Mel reread what I said, we know there is another way into there without bugs =D.

All in all, I have done the best I can do, without spending every second living at GodSpire, to keep people coming, and to keep the arses out. I am sure the same goes for Jimbo.

@Bus, it isnt the same man, the old people miss the old halls. Aman is just a waste of space, and the new halls are too big.

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2005, 08:20:05 AM »
Maybe it's a idea to return the server to it's previous state?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2005, 08:50:48 AM »
@Elessar, Mercy and I have similar time zones, only being 1 hr. apart, and we both do the nocturnal thing. And later at night normally I see him on, he isnt on for hrs. at a time normally but he comes on for awhile, normally leaves and comes back on a little later. And I actually agree with him about Shade, not that she isnt cool or anything, just inactive. We all have our times of being inactive, there will be times when I will be inactive for a few weeks, but not for months unless my comp dies.
[snapback]26319[/snapback]

. . .
similar things could be said about most of the other sents as well, you know

@Bus, it isnt the same man, the old people miss the old halls. Aman is just a waste of space, and the new halls are too big.
[snapback]26325[/snapback]

Like the size of the halls at the server I used to run before archepelago, if anyone remembers. its just big.

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2005, 09:36:50 AM »
The problem isn't so much as GodSpire being confusing or poorly laid out maps and areas, so much as there are no more new players to NWN (good players).  GodSpire is an advanced PvP server, not a place for noobs, in fact, in my opinion the learning curve to GodSpire is pretty steep.  This is why you'll see more players on at CM or Anti servers cause these places are more noob friendly, as they have small learning curves.  Normally players "graduate" to GodSpire from other servers.  This isn't happening so much anymore since there is clearly a lack of new talented pvp players on NWN.  Only the moronic bafoon noobish types we are seeing lately.

GodSpire isn't dying, because there are a lot of good players who care a lot about it and won't let it die.  It has always has a very strong community as is evident with this forum.  Do not count on new players to "save" GodSpire.  Unfortunately I do not think this will happen.

Tweaks to the mod won't make any difference.  The best thing to do it keep playing, and perhaps play on some other servers, find good players there, and tell them to try GodSpire out.  That would be the most effective thing to do.
[snapback]26191[/snapback]

I don't agree . I didn't read the whole thread atm , I'll do but here's a post that need to be replied .

"The problem isn't so much as GodSpire being confusing or poorly laid out maps and areas, so much as there are no more new players to NWN (good players).  "
> What do you do if even "advenced players" ( sigh ) from other servers get confused ?

"GodSpire is an advanced PvP server, not a place for noobs, in fact, in my opinion the learning curve to GodSpire is pretty steep."
> Old newbs become good players . And people that once were newbs on a server won't go elsewhere once they grew up in "advanced" players"

"Normally players "graduate" to GodSpire from other servers."
> Some do . But most of them stay on other server . Perhaps they used to do so but now they don't .

"This isn't happening so much anymore since there is clearly a lack of new talented pvp players on NWN.  Only the moronic bafoon noobish types we are seeing lately."
> How can I even reply to that ? New talented pvp players in NWN are still there . But they go on other server . Simple .

"GodSpire isn't dying, because there are a lot of good players who care a lot about it and won't let it die.  It has always has a very strong community as is evident with this forum."
> GodSpire is dying . I am not the only one that feels so . I agree with you on the community but those players are trying to do something and are getting rejected here .

"Tweaks to the mod won't make any difference.  The best thing to do it keep playing, and perhaps play on some other servers, find good players there, and tell them to try GodSpire out.  That would be the most effective thing to do."
> Tweaks on the mod WOULD do difference . Perhaps a more noob friendly attitude hence noobs grew in "advenced players" .

Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Hubba

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2005, 09:38:52 AM »
Whoa.. have you followed a fast course of English in your abscense?

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2005, 09:48:10 AM »
Whoa.. have you followed a fast course of English in your abscense?
[snapback]26331[/snapback]

Nah I read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince .
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Dark Jimbo

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2005, 11:36:06 AM »
I don't agree . I didn't read the whole thread atm , I'll do but here's a post that need to be replied .

"The problem isn't so much as GodSpire being confusing or poorly laid out maps and areas, so much as there are no more new players to NWN (good players). "
> What do you do if even "advenced players" ( sigh ) from other servers get confused ?

"GodSpire is an advanced PvP server, not a place for noobs, in fact, in my opinion the learning curve to GodSpire is pretty steep."
> Old newbs become good players . And people that once were newbs on a server won't go elsewhere once they grew up in "advanced" players"

"Normally players "graduate" to GodSpire from other servers."
> Some do . But most of them stay on other server . Perhaps they used to do so but now they don't .

"This isn't happening so much anymore since there is clearly a lack of new talented pvp players on NWN. Only the moronic bafoon noobish types we are seeing lately."
> How can I even reply to that ? New talented pvp players in NWN are still there . But they go on other server . Simple .

"GodSpire isn't dying, because there are a lot of good players who care a lot about it and won't let it die. It has always has a very strong community as is evident with this forum."
> GodSpire is dying . I am not the only one that feels so . I agree with you on the community but those players are trying to do something and are getting rejected here .

"Tweaks to the mod won't make any difference. The best thing to do it keep playing, and perhaps play on some other servers, find good players there, and tell them to try GodSpire out. That would be the most effective thing to do."
> Tweaks on the mod WOULD do difference . Perhaps a more noob friendly attitude hence noobs grew in "advenced players" .

Exactly!
Damn good post max. :D
Jimbo™

"...its better to ask and not get the answer you want, than to not ask at all..."

Offline Dark Jimbo

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2005, 11:38:39 AM »
Oh and another thing i might add just because a lowbie/noob are in other area's doesent mean they are lost .... people do like to explore you know.

True. But... theres exploring, then theres exploring and getting lost. Size matters.
Jimbo™

"...its better to ask and not get the answer you want, than to not ask at all..."

Offline Hubba

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2005, 11:52:05 AM »
You could also use the edit button next time, Jimbo.. ;)

Offline Crim

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2005, 12:36:46 PM »
I like GodSpire the way it is. Oldies habits die hard. :D
[I'm as perfect as a ragdoll gets.]
Long live the blue glowie buglamps! :]

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2005, 12:57:01 PM »
I think it's offtopic, but ok.. I could as well have said that the l33t haxxor gnoll still says the same things.
[snapback]26324[/snapback]

Oh I see how it is, everyone still waiting for me to add new custom drinks and gnoll sayings eh? I have uncovered the real reason people are upset, HA!

That was a joke of course, imagine the post covered in smilies if that helps.

OFF TOPIC: Mel, you can play GW on Linux if you use a Windows emulator called Cedaga.

ON TOPIC:

Percieved Problem: some players like the old layout that GodSpire used for years. Some people like the new one. The old was better for a pure PvP only sever, the new one is better for a combo server with dungeons, creatures and a city.

There is no real solution to this since it is purely based on opinion and asthetics.

Real Problem: Xen had a lot of new ideas for GodSpire that he didn't bother to test, did a half-assed job on, didn't think through and has no intention of fixing.

Mo has said he will fix those issues when he has more time.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2005, 01:56:04 PM »
Real Problem: Xen had a lot of new ideas for GodSpire that he didn't bother to test, did a half-assed job on, didn't think through and has no intention of fixing.

[snapback]26344[/snapback]
Yeh, i agree with that. And thats kinda the reason for this, him having no intention of fixing, and because of that, still isnt fixed.

@Crim It has changed, been changed for awhile. Show up someday and look for yourself lol, unless someone gets to it first...

Offline Dark Jimbo

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2005, 05:10:41 PM »
You could also use the edit button next time, Jimbo..

I didn't want my post any bigger than it already was, but thats my opinion i guess.
Do i care about post count? Not particularly, so hush. :P
Jimbo™

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2005, 06:36:44 PM »
Nah I read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince .
[snapback]26332[/snapback]
I've read a load of english books, including the one you mention. (in fact, not hard to read that one, it's easy) But my english doesn't gets better, as I only use it on the web (I never talk it in rl or something).
Oh I see how it is, everyone still waiting for me to add new custom drinks and gnoll sayings eh? I have uncovered the real reason people are upset, HA!

That was a joke of course, imagine the post covered in smilies if that helps.

OFF TOPIC: Mel, you can play GW on Linux if you use a Windows emulator called Cedaga.

ON TOPIC:

Percieved Problem: some players like the old layout that GodSpire used for years. Some people like the new one. The old was better for a pure PvP only sever, the new one is better for a combo server with dungeons, creatures and a city.

There is no real solution to this since it is purely based on opinion and asthetics.

[snapback]26344[/snapback]
I love that post, completly agree with it. I would like to add a few things, but I risk to push about all of someone's buttons with it. ;)

Offtopic:
About Cedaga, I'm not a starter with programs to emulate the windows api on linix/unix. Few days ago, because I have too much time right now, I finished half-life a time on hard while running it trough wine (cedaga is based on wine). I just prefer to support (like buy/donate/ect) projects that don't forget a very huge amount of poeple that happen not to run windows. A linux/unix port of GW would also, for sure, reduce the work to get it running.

Anyway, thx for telling. If I ever miss a linux port for GW you may be the one who tells me.

-Mel