Author Topic: Godspire Needs Change.  (Read 46931 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« on: August 03, 2005, 07:45:37 PM »
So here I am, one of the 3 main sents on GodSpire, and few regulars left, posting about recent discussions and problems.

There has been a lack of people on GodSpire, a lack of players in general, and I have been told the same complaints again and again from new players, old players, regulars, and other sents. Previously the lack of players has been thought to be

1. NWN Becoming Boring.
2. New Games Needing To Be Played.
3. Regulars & Sents Not Being Very Nice To People.
4. The Area Change

What about these?

1. So Let's Try To Keep It Interesting.
2. The Inevitable.
3. It Is Easy To Get Frustrated With Randomers/Noobs, So We Should Work On That Right?
4. Many People Dislike This. See Below.

From recent discussion with regulars and other sents, it has been identified that these things aren't the main issue, but a very small part of the problem. New people to GodSpire complain that the rules are too strict and are out of line. This, I do not believe to be true, but I have heard over and over. The new areas and changes to GodSpire, are confusing, pointless, and even annoying.

---Aman: Has no purpose, gets players lost.
---The city: Is unused, gets players lost, and is too far from the halls.
---The Docks: Are a great starting point, the boat to the city gets players lost.
---Angband: Needs to be easier to find and is not recognized as a randoming area, some Identification of this is needed.
---NPC's: Most of them do nothing and get in the way, the others have options such as wings/tails that dont work and need removing, and the new duel manager option needs to be fixed. The booting from an attack is also unnecessary as it may boot new players, who wont come back after that, fighting back is enough. The things they say need to be changed to suit each individual npc, and there are too many of them, they should remain in one place as well. They also need to stop taking rule books from a player when they get new equipment.
---Healing Lights: They should be as they used to be, they aren't often used anymore because no new players know what they are.
---Sentinels&Regulars: The fooling around because of boredom needs to be put at a halt, new players that watch this think it is ok and begin to do so, and when told to stop, do not understand because everyone else was or still is doing so. To fool around, sents and regs should go to Angband to show players that is where it is permitted, a sign would be helpful.
---The Rules: These may need some revising, I dont know, but besides that should also be put as an entry in the journal. Players are often used to seeing the rules in the journal from other servers, plus it makes a sound on entry, as such players often look there to see rules etc. Also a Sign at the entry to the halls saying the rules, whether in the description or when clicked on, or both, is something that may be very helpful, and might even do a better job at getting the players to read them, than the journal, or the books.
---The Library: This place is too hard to get to, nobody ever visits anymore besides myself and the random lost person. It has been expressed that it can still be a valuable area, if it is placed somewhere easy to find and get to. Along with that, some people decide that they will be noobish and take books from the shelves and resubmit them to other shelves or submit it again to the same shelf, duplicates have been in the shelves for months now, if possible a script to prevent a book with the same title from being re-submitted or submitted to other shelves, would solve this problem.
---Hall of Portals: The hall itself, is fine. The city is a bad place to have the portals, nobody goes there, and the people that do, are lost. A good place for the portals would be right in the halls of illuvatar, either having the area in the halls somewhere, or having the portals in a certain area of the halls.
---House of the Bear, Marauders Base & The Smiling Horse inn: It has been said that the house was too small of a base for the Marauders, it has also been said that a different area should be made for the Marauders. In either case two inns are not needed and both are too far off in the halls.
---Spellhold: I cannot think of the name for it, but that matters little. When this area was accessable, it wasnt used, and it has been expressed that it isnt needed.
---Dungeons: It has been said they are too hard, and are only good if you are bored from the server being empty, but since it clearly cannot be done alone, does not work as such. It has also been said it was a fun thing at first, but once gone through is old and doesnt really serve a purpose.
---Angband Gates: In Angband there is an old area with gates etc. this no longer has any purpose and can be removed. But it is my thought, that since some Marauders want a new base, and this is already present, that it could be transformed into a suitable base. Though, this isnt entirely important.
---Map: All areas should have proper map notes identifying the area, and in some cases, a little about them. For example on the map, in the halls, a map note where the door to Angband is saying: "Angband, Randoming Area" or "Angband, Randoming Allowed" etc.
---New Areas: New areas should probably be brought up on LM with a poll, and with feedback for the new area. Then this way the areas can get needed changes and or additions/deletions before it is even created, and even after creation.
---Items: The items being dropped and disappearing is something that I myself like, others may not agree on this. I believe though that the items in barter should not disappear, if getting rid of the script when items are dropped will fix this, then it should be done.

I believe that covers many, general problems, and things that people have brought up, discussed, or mentioned. That certaintly isn't everything, and I am sure I missed some things, but I did my best.

The main factor in all this is competition, GodSpire is losing it's old players, but not gaining any new ones. The Antediluvians Homeworld is doing better, but not by alot, and are losing players to other servers as well. Places like Chaotic World, Antiworld, and even Combat Central are getting more players than GodSpire, and are the main reasons for that. Chaotic World alone gets 40+ players at a time, and Antiworld, although I dont know its capacity, was full earlier today, and that was the reason some of it's players come to us, CC, the last time I checked was in the teens, and even CM has been getting more players than we have, the other day I seen 14 people there, while GodSpire was empty. As such GodSpire needs to keep up with the times, and draw in the crowd, it isnt so much that nwn is boring, with how many players these servers have, it certaintly doesnt appear so. Quoting someone else, "GodSpire is old, and is out of date." This is something that can be fixed, that is why I am here expressing the opinions of people who love GodSpire and dont want it to be empty and hollow like it has this past month.

Although many people have said these things and talked about them, I was asked to be the one to bring them up, and so I am doing so.
These are the expressed opinions of myself, DarkJimbo, other sents who I will not name, out of respect, since they did not know about me creating discussion about this, many regulars, and random new people to GodSpire, or even to the game, who have visited the server and expressed their opinions on it.

Alright, I know this was long, sorry for that, but it couldnt be said in two words. :D
Discuss...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 07:56:31 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Cobra

• MSN Messenger - pizza_boy_11@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 08:23:49 PM »
The Reason Antiworld gets so many players is because to Admins DO SOMETHIGN (no offence to ours) when A GM break breaks a rule they talk to them and the Sents need to not break the rules and there need to be more on all the time thats y there so many ppl and there needs to be rules for sents with the basic one and i myself dont like how th journel is onn in caps. and make the arena smaller with just doors that leads to the places cuz ther is no need for the huge arena and maybe make on OnEnter saysing Press J for Journel and Talk to that guy to get ported to Halls.

No Offence to any1.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 08:26:43 PM by Cobra »

Offline Dark Jimbo

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 08:32:40 PM »
When i first came to GodSpire (which wasn't that long ago, especially compared to you old-timers), GodSpire always had people on, and was rarely empty. Heck, i remember when i first became a sentinal, and had my work cut out when i was on for 4 hours straight, atleast 15 people on, and me as the only sent. Altho it was hard work, and was relieved when i received back up, i still enjoyed the amount of people on and the atmosphere.
  I like GodSpire, i like it alot (just see my online hours), but recently i've noticed a massive fall in players, and a 'bored' atmosphere that has been created. To me it seems GodSpire is dying, and i'm sure other feel the same way. But i think we can fight back, or atleast try. After talking With HeLL, we agreed its time for a change. HeLL's excellent post has most of the basics about what is happening and what can be done changed.
  I'm posting this because at one time GodSpire was all i played, but now its sinking into the sand, and i don't want to see it gone. :(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 08:33:16 PM by Dark Jimbo »
Jimbo™

"...its better to ask and not get the answer you want, than to not ask at all..."

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 08:33:57 PM »
The Reason Antiworld gets so many players is because to Admins DO SOMETHIGN (no offence to ours) when A GM break breaks a rule they talk to them and the Sents need to not break the rules and there need to be more on all the time thats y there so many ppl and there needs to be rules for sents with the basic one and i myself dont like how th journel is onn in caps. and make the arena smaller with just doors that leads to the places cuz ther is no need for the huge arena and maybe make on OnEnter saysing Press J for Journel and Talk to that guy to get ported to Halls.
No Offence to any1.
[snapback]26184[/snapback]
The Sentinels do have a guideline to go by, and they aren't allowed to break rules either. As far as I know there aren't any sentinels abusing their power, if there is, then you should let Mo know, send him a PM. And the reason that few sentinels are on is because nobody else is ever on... I've sat in GodSpire alone for damn near an hr. before hoping someone would come in and attract even more people to come in, but it never happened. There are enough sentinels, just not enough players to give the sentinels any initiative to go on... I mean, would you join an empty server and sit there by yourself?

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 10:31:58 PM »
i think we need to step away from the pvp as the main attraction.  i think GodSpire should be put in as a city this will chang it and make it a little bit less hectic when trying to find somthing as hell said u get lost (it took me 5 days to find angband).  there should be portals to these places or signs so it will be easy to find them.

the rules are there for a reason and arnt strict, ppl just need to know them when they come in so the sents dont have to keep repeating them to players (having a message that says "read rules in inventory and journal" might reduce randoming and keep ppl happy).

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 02:46:29 AM »
The problem isn't so much as GodSpire being confusing or poorly laid out maps and areas, so much as there are no more new players to NWN (good players).  GodSpire is an advanced PvP server, not a place for noobs, in fact, in my opinion the learning curve to GodSpire is pretty steep.  This is why you'll see more players on at CM or Anti servers cause these places are more noob friendly, as they have small learning curves.  Normally players "graduate" to GodSpire from other servers.  This isn't happening so much anymore since there is clearly a lack of new talented pvp players on NWN.  Only the moronic bafoon noobish types we are seeing lately.

GodSpire isn't dying, because there are a lot of good players who care a lot about it and won't let it die.  It has always has a very strong community as is evident with this forum.  Do not count on new players to "save" GodSpire.  Unfortunately I do not think this will happen.

Tweaks to the mod won't make any difference.  The best thing to do it keep playing, and perhaps play on some other servers, find good players there, and tell them to try GodSpire out.  That would be the most effective thing to do.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 02:47:22 AM by Mo »

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 05:25:09 AM »
about those rules....sometimes u need to learn when to let things fly...if there's a group of ppl and late at night and they want to kill each other fine with me...it's only when a lot of others (say +5) join that it should wind down, or if one of the ppl says "stop attacking me"

rules are fine...but should only be enforced when necessary, and don't say "oh go to angband" nobody likes goin there much the Hall is the socializing place in GodSpire -so that's where ppl want to stay.

I get randomed all the time by sents and DMs (glances at Hubba :P) and i don't care; i'm there to have fun.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 06:31:19 AM »
about those rules....sometimes u need to learn when to let things fly...if there's a group of ppl and late at night and they want to kill each other fine with me...it's only when a lot of others (say +5) join that it should wind down, or if one of the ppl says "stop attacking me"

rules are fine...but should only be enforced when necessary, and don't say "oh go to angband" nobody likes goin there much the Hall is the socializing place in GodSpire -so that's where ppl want to stay.

I get randomed all the time by sents and DMs (glances at Hubba :P) and i don't care; i'm there to have fun.
[snapback]26193[/snapback]
I do that all the time, in fact, I give more warnings than most other sents, and try to get them to understand the rules etc. before they go all ecstatic on me... I let the rules fly alot, simple fact is because there truly arent that many people at GodSpire, any time of the day, and really isnt all that much to do... but every now and then... you get the ones that exploit bugs and create mass lagg, from what their doing, "fireworks" etc. thats cool and all, but it hurts fps.
And I rarely tell anyone to go to Angband unless they're spamming spells everywhere and being a nuisance while others try to duel.

@Mo, what you say is quite true, but nonetheless, some of these bugs etc. need to be fixed, and the new area thing, just isnt GodSpire anymore =(

Offline Kellek

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 08:53:51 AM »
The problem is that "legit" PvP is less popular.
People log on to hacker servers, and they see the power, I guess.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 09:01:17 AM »
[snapback]26197[/snapback]

That pretty much goes back to what I said above.

Offline Dark Jimbo

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 09:43:20 AM »
I've been thinking that there is another way for people stay. If alot of players join, and aren't that good, they can nevertheless duel each other, and even win some duels against each other. The trouble is there aren't any new players coming on, so they end up dueling the more experienced players (for example sents), and of course loose alot. This in turn, makes them leave. I don't think of Godspire as a place for 'advanced' PvPers, because if enough new, or inexperienced players are on, then there will always be someone near your skill to duel. You can learn more, with more varied players on, but it just isn't happening.

When i first came to Godspire, i didn't know a thing about PvP, yet i stayed so there must be something i liked about Godspire. I had been on CM, but that was mostly just a random fest, or talking with little actual dueling.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 09:46:40 AM by Dark Jimbo »
Jimbo™

"...its better to ask and not get the answer you want, than to not ask at all..."

Offline Cobra

• MSN Messenger - pizza_boy_11@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 10:09:56 AM »
and i think that if i were a noob who has just joined
and duels a Sent and losses will leave, i also think that.

When i first joined that were 20-25 ppl on at all times and it was noob welcome back then because of so many ppl on and i knew from when i first dueled inn there i would like it but things have changed sence then and godspire hasnt and it needs to be updated to this time not 5-6 months ago.

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 11:30:37 AM »
[snapback]26197[/snapback]

Those servs are feeling death too, its more local vault in general thats feeling it. Check out server vault servs like BoW, Life vs death, anti, badlands, consistently 20+ players not even at peak times, 30-50 even more peak times
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 11:35:36 AM by Cannixxxx »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 11:38:53 AM »
The thing is, a lot of what Hell said in the original post, and what was said in the latter posts are true, although we don't all seem to want to admit it. It's true, the regulars are often a bit harsh when it comes to new players, and this discourages them from coming back, even if they did well fighting other players of their level.

To Hell's Original Post:

1.  The rules probably should be placed in the journal, and the sign idea is also a good idea; however, they do not really need revising the last time I checked, but a quick look over to make sure everything is included would be a good idea.
2.  There are areas that seem vague and have little importance, the city, the area between aman and the halls, spellhold, and that tomb of the vanguard place included.
3.  The NPC's are annoying, loud, and should be removed. It was much better when it was only the quiet Belog I knew when I first came to Godspire.
4.  You have a point about the healing lights. I didn't even understand how to work them when the changes were first implemented. I don't think it's clear to new players that running over them is what makes them work.
5.  The Library is a nice place, and Hell is right that the people who visit it are often lost. It should be moved closer to the halls and more easily accessible. A script to prevent duplicate books would be helpful, if possible.
6.  The inns do indeed seem useless, and if I were a marauder, I'd honestly want something different as my clan's base.
7.  The Dungeons are tricky, and I know I've tried going through them with Khadgar before(Khad, it was you, right?). But they were extremely hard, and we could not find the way to level 2.
8.  Personally, I like the Angband Gates, because they bring back memories of when DE used them for meetings, or just had fun watching other players try and figure out how we got inside. But if the Marauders want it, they should definitely have it. I think it suits them and would give a nice place a good use.
9.  Map notes would definitely help new players and would prevent them from getting lost(hopefully).
10.  Personally I do like the OnUnacquire script, but if it is deleting items in barter, it has to go or be changed.
11.  The Hall of Portals is definitely a nice place, but the thing is, Archepelago and Smithhold aren't up 24/7 like Godspire, so it confuses new players who try to enter the portals and end up no where.  However, it is because of the Hall of Portals that my server received a second-most-amount-of-players online at one time in its History when a new player discovered it, liked it, and then went back to GodSpire shouting for everyone to go there...o.O(The first most was that span of three days or so when GodSpire was down and I put RUNE up all I could so players had a place to play, it was a lot of fun. :lol: )

It's true that competition does draw players there, rather than to GodSpire, partially because they often have more players, and the fact that CM is getting more players after all the Bug's done in the past six months is a bit odd, but is happening anyways(Although the banishment to CM by angelita certainly is a bit rude, and I personally think that it should be removed.).

"Godspire is old and is out of date." This quote is most certainly not true. Godspire maybe old, but it is definitely one of them most advanced servers there is. We have some of the best scripters and builders in all of NWN in our Godspire family, 420, Mo, Xen, Throbble, Talon...(I'm almost positive there are some more, but I can't think of them right now.) Godspire is most certainly one of the best scripted servers out there. Our duel managing system is superb. Our filters are almost flawless. The sent stones and DM tools are perhaps the most efficient tools for good DMing and Sentship there are. Look at our monsters! They are definitely some of the strongest beasts I've seen in all the servers I've been in(This includes one "uber" server that I was in before GodSpire. Honestly, I was such a noob back then that I didn't even know the meaning of "uber".).
Now that that Rant is over...  B)
However, the lack of players does discourage new players from coming. A small drop  occured at the release of World of Warcraft, however, I only know Raven and Zen to be gone because of WoW, but the biggest drop came with the release of Guild Wars. Probably more than half of all the regulars on GodSpire now play GW, and sometimes we forget about Godspire, as evidenced by my own disappearance from GodSpire for a solid two months after GW's release.(ooo, I should remember this next time I have an argument with my neighbor about which of those two games is better!)

It is true that Godspire sents have randomed on occasion, and that regulars seem to random out of boredom at times. I will admit that I think I have randomed more than some new players recently, just because I was bored, and often at Hell's or Hubba's expense. :)

To Jimbo: I whole-heartedly agree with you on this. Godspire was much more active and cheery when I arrived and for a long time after that. As I said before, the releases of WoW and GW(More so GW than WoW) severely lowered our regular activity on GodSpire.

To Mo: It's true, the ammount of new, good players on NWN are lacking, partly because if they go on "uber" servers, they see power, and humans, for whatever reason, are attracted to power(That is probably why I wanted to be a sent a lot a while back.); however, we must remember that good players aren't always born, they are often made. They must be taught and tutored to teach them how to create good characters and how to utilize their characters abilities to the fullest.

However, Mo, the sad truth is, some of Godspire is poorly laid out, and hard to cope with. The city, for example, is rather confusing, and often gets new players lost. When godspire had its recent facelift, it was a very different place in some respects. Quite honestly, I liked Godspire better before its changes.

It's true that Godspire can be considered and advanced server, but only because we seem rather unwelcoming to new players, who, as I said above, need to be taught how to PvP well. Tweaks will only help make Godspire more new-player-friendly.

On another note: When Talon came in the other day, he mentioned that he was the one who created "Xen's Portable Stool". Mo, Xen, if this is true, I ask you to change it. It's slightly disrespectful to leave it as "Xen's Portable Stool" if it should be "Talon's Portable Stool."

Sadly, even with our tight-nit community, Godspire is dieing and dividing. When I met with Talon the other day, he expressed wishes to carry Godspire into Dragon Age, while, to my knowledge, you will be carrying Godspire into NWN2.

-Elessar Telrunya

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 01:00:33 PM »
Naah... ppl just want SH back, that was quality fun :P .... :(

Fat people are harder to kidnap.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 07:15:25 PM »
9 online at GodSpire atm

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 01:09:53 AM »
Since the topic about Ante's forum thread about GodSpire I've spent some time there not only to find out that it has the same things that GodSpire has but to find some other people to play against.  I've gotten bored very quickly there because the lack of competitive duelers.  
As Mo said GodSpire is a very particular, very well aged server that's for people smart enough to read the instructions that come up when you join the server.  And if people were seriously interested in learning how to play pvp NWN the way it was intended then GodSpire is the best place to do that.  I've had countless "students" and still get people who are willing to learn and come back for advice.  GodSpire is as comfortable and enjoyable as it was the first time I came on.

I remember when I first met Kristie Dian over at Newbs Welcome, just when I had regained interest in playing NWN after HotU was released.  One night I came on and sure enough there's a player with regen-unbeatable-a classic "regen whore" and so I say; "ha he's using regen ewww". Five seconds later I got banned.  Apparently he was a DM.  My point is that would never happen on GodSpire. I'm free to say things like that. I might get booted by some extreme case by Tolar yet image if for every time we complained about WoF or Horn we were banned....that's the difference and that's the same today as it was when I first started playing at GodSpire.
That same night I was banned from Newbs Welcome was my first night at GodSpire.

Now of course Newbs Welcome has a bunch of item property restrictions and regen is on the list....

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 02:08:32 AM »
As Mo said GodSpire is a very particular, very well aged server that's for people smart enough to read the instructions that come up when you join the server.  And if people were seriously interested in learning how to play pvp NWN the way it was intended then GodSpire is the best place to do that.  I've had countless "students" and still get people who are willing to learn and come back for advice.  GodSpire is as comfortable and enjoyable as it was the first time I came on.
[snapback]26239[/snapback]

I agree with this statement completely and I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you Meclar.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 09:04:52 AM »
I'm very busy during the day for the next couple weeks. After which I will have a look at the mod and streamline it a bit.

Elessar I really have no knowledge at all about the origins of "Xen's Stools".

When I said GodSpire is an advanced server, I ment that it has a large learning curve. You can not just come to GodSpire, get Belog items and start to excel at pvp. There are a lot of restrictions that require a new player to really spend a lot of time figuring things out. Some people like Jimbo enjoy this, but most new players these days do not. So they go to uber server, buy uber items and duel, simple as that. Uber requires nothing at all but the same set of items on every player.

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2005, 09:12:59 AM »
Since the topic about Ante's forum thread about GodSpire I've spent some time there not only to find out that it has the same things that GodSpire has but to find some other people to play against.  I've gotten bored very quickly there because the lack of competitive duelers. 
As Mo said GodSpire is a very particular, very well aged server that's for people smart enough to read the instructions that come up when you join the server.  And if people were seriously interested in learning how to play pvp NWN the way it was intended then GodSpire is the best place to do that.  I've had countless "students" and still get people who are willing to learn and come back for advice.  GodSpire is as comfortable and enjoyable as it was the first time I came on.

I remember when I first met Kristie Dian over at Newbs Welcome, just when I had regained interest in playing NWN after HotU was released.  One night I came on and sure enough there's a player with regen-unbeatable-a classic "regen whore" and so I say; "ha he's using regen ewww". Five seconds later I got banned.  Apparently he was a DM.  My point is that would never happen on GodSpire. I'm free to say things like that. I might get booted by some extreme case by Tolar yet image if for every time we complained about WoF or Horn we were banned....that's the difference and that's the same today as it was when I first started playing at GodSpire.
That same night I was banned from Newbs Welcome was my first night at GodSpire.

Now of course Newbs Welcome has a bunch of item property restrictions and regen is on the list....
[snapback]26239[/snapback]
Hah!  Newbs Welcome suxx0r, you're the third person I know who's left there and permanently become GodSpire, Delly and Brior were the other two
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 09:13:27 AM »
Well, today we had a few more than usual, got to about 10-12, having 1 sent on all the time helps alot, because when I'm not there, and no other sent is, it normally is empty. And it also helps that Hubba pops in everyday, or almost everyday, thanx hubbs =D.

One main problem: it is really erking when players will come in, level, get items, and then lose their rulebooks from getting the items, and then I cant give them the rulebooks unless I drop them, cuz in barter they disappear =/.

@Mo, ya there are alot of ppl who care about GodSpire and wont let it die, thats why we bring this up =D. Thanx Mo.

@Iceycool, You can make that 4 since I started most of my legit pvp there, and actually I  love the server because it is so newb friendly.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 11:02:53 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 02:26:39 PM »
@Iceycool, You can make that 4 since I started most of my legit pvp there, and actually I love the server because it is so newb friendly.

ahahaha I hope that was sarcastic.

Anyways, I agree, nice post hell. I would come on more if my video card wasn't dead. Or at least I think it is.
GIT-R-DONE!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Shade

• O __ o
    • MSN Messenger - ShaSer_201@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ShadeSerenity
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 03:13:51 PM »
GodSpire is fine there is no real problem there. stop complainin. There is more than 3 main sents dont say thats it. advise is fine but we are all pretty aware that its empty but theres nothing we can do about. u wanna force ppl to play heLL?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 03:36:58 PM »
Do you even play nwn shade? I never see you on godspire at all. So where is your room to be talking about that? The only sents I usually see on godspire, are HeLL, Jimbo and Meclar. And sometimes Shadowfury. Thats about it. I dont pop on often because there is usually no people. But when people are on, I go. But I never ever see you on, so how would you know the status of sents online at godspire?
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 04:15:21 PM »
Do you even play nwn shade? I never see you on godspire at all. So where is your room to be talking about that? The only sents I usually see on godspire, are HeLL, Jimbo and Meclar. And sometimes Shadowfury. Thats about it. I dont pop on often because there is usually no people. But when people are on, I go. But I never ever see you on, so how would you know the status of sents online at godspire?
[snapback]26269[/snapback]
shade was on last night, dope, and she's other things to do too, ye know

-Elessar

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 04:18:38 PM »
shade was on last night, dope, and she's other things to do too, ye know
-Elessar
[snapback]26270[/snapback]
she can't speak for herself?

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 04:31:01 PM »
I dont pop on often because there is usually no people.
[snapback]26269[/snapback]
I guess that many wait to log until there are more poeple they know. But that way it never gets filled of course.

(logged a time, first time since that counter runs)

-Mel

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 04:34:40 PM »
I guess that many wait to log until there are more poeple they know. But that way it never gets filled of course.

(logged a time, first time since that counter runs)

-Mel
[snapback]26272[/snapback]
Well, that certaintly doesnt apply to Jimbo and I, and I doubt it does for Meclar either. We generally go on when ppl are there, and sometimes I go on when NOBODY is there, so people come on, but that's just us for the most part. Even if there is only 1 person I often go on, unless I am busy with rl shizz.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2005, 07:17:44 PM »
Well, the antediluvians server is also empty on moments. But there they don't think it's running bad because of that. If the players would drop in, even if it's empty or if they don't know anyone, I think it will go back upwards with the server. Or at least, it won't fade away faster than the game nwn does.

I miss the old hall, and you have to know where to take the lift to get fast in the new hall. (I'm repeating what others said with that, I bet) For the rest it was ok, and angband still has the same old flaw to get past the gate. :)

And I saw some players I remeber from the old GodSpire, actually, there were more than 10 players on, it's still 8 now. I guess that's not too bad these days.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Godspire Needs Change.
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2005, 09:14:52 PM »
and angband still has the same old flaw to get past the gate. :)

[snapback]26278[/snapback]

You can get through any closed door without needing to open it.

As for the new halls, Xen put a lot of time and effort into it.  It's definitely going to stay.  As I said I will streamline it a bit, and possibly remove the onunaquire item script.