Author Topic: Hellgate: London  (Read 49748 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Hellgate: London
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »
The demo is now available: Hellgate: London Demo

[snapback]38047[/snapback]
I'm waiting to DL it now

1hr30min download *gag*
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 12:51:35 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2007, 02:24:26 PM »
You just blow off his whole post, Anheg. lol

The chronicles of who the fuck cares! Yeah!

If it's MMORPG, I'll just stay away probably, they just really don't suite me.

This Hellgate on the other hand, looking through the website really makes me not want to play it, but what 420 says about it and everything makes it sound fun. Anyway, I'm never too concerned because my comps video card is messed up, and it doesn't have the juice anymore to handle these new games. After my compy upgrade, I'll probably taste test the game, and if it's any good, I may actually buy it. =)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2007, 02:46:26 PM »
Could Flagship be giving us a sneak peak at future expansions?
[attachmentid=1339]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2007, 04:15:26 PM »
I hadn't seen the Dublin poster yet, but otherwise - that's *my* line!

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2007, 05:00:30 PM »
In the demo are just 5 short quest and like 4-5 areas, and you can only choose blademaster or marksman, i got blademaster to lvl 5 and theres no next area after crovad somethin tunnels so i guess thats about it, you can always replay the other areas just reentering the game but its not likely to lvl much past lvl 5, then i started a marksman and theyre really quite different, and there seems to be only like 3-4 different weapons for each class in the demo, well only 11 days to go xD...

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »
In the demo are just 5 short quest and like 4-5 areas, and you can only choose blademaster or marksman, i got blademaster to lvl 5 and theres no next area after crovad somethin tunnels so i guess thats about it, you can always replay the other areas just reentering the game but its not likely to lvl much past lvl 5, then i started a marksman and theyre really quite different, and there seems to be only like 3-4 different weapons for each class in the demo, well only 11 days to go xD...
[snapback]38121[/snapback]

what you mean hellgate london comes in only 11 days....?
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2007, 09:29:23 AM »
Yes its released in 10 days now, October 31. ^^

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2007, 11:45:42 AM »
Yes its released in 10 days now, October 31. ^^
[snapback]38127[/snapback]

lol didn't know it was that fast...

could you post some screens of the demo tyr i wanna see the graphics and some action of that blademaster...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 11:46:41 AM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »
So it is a persistant world (WoW, FFXII) where I can follow someone out of town and kill them immediatly along with being able to kill anyone that I meet while running around an area?
[snapback]37912[/snapback]
Update on the PvP in Hellgate. In addition to PvP arenas and the ability to join with someone to go out of town and PvP you will also be able to join a PvP channel that will let you go into areas full of people just there to PvP.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2007, 04:10:37 PM »
[snapback]38121[/snapback]
Yeah, I got the the Covent Garden Steam Tunnels and it just kinda ends. I also got my blademaster to lvl 5 and stopped.

I did like the game though. It wouldnt replace guild wars for me but it will be a worthy passtime.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 04:12:55 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2007, 07:37:07 PM »
Try the marksman, it really feels like a new game lol, you can change between fps and third person.
The grenade effect looks really cool aswell.

I think hellgate will be my main game because i have been waiting for a decent game with diablo 2 playstyle and rare item drops, but like i said all female faces look really dumb xD, so i guess ill play male this time :P, i like the Leon S. Kennedy haircut my marksman actually looks like him on resident evil 4 ^^.

Edit: FINALLY i managed to preorder the game, and i received the EA email with the confirmed purchase details, damn that too so long, but still i probably wont be able to play on the first release day because of my slow connection, so ill be on around the 2nd day or so, but at least ill be able to play soon :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:10:43 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2007, 01:07:45 PM »
US Beta ends Friday morning, all characters will be wiped. The beta will restart shortly before release so people who don't get HGL on release day can play the beta. Characters created in the "new" beta WILL transfer over to the retail version.
Howdy folks. Just want to give you all a heads-up with a few Beta updates. First, the US Beta will be ending this Friday at 10:00AM PST. This will include a full character wipe. Yeah, I know some of you didn't get to play as long as others, but the final game will be out in the US just a few days later.

That said, some time just before launch (don't have a specific time/date yet), we'll actually be opening the Beta server back up for about a week. "This makes no sense, Kaiser!" Well, maybe not at first, but not everyone will be able to get the game on launch day for various reasons. This way, if you're in the Beta and are still waiting for your game to arrive, you'll still be able to play Hellgate. Also, the characters you create during this time will transfer over into your retail account.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2007, 04:59:31 PM »
Wonder if ill get a beta invite for buying the digital preorder, or it doesnt matter what type of preorder you get?. If i get invited and dl the beta client, when its released do i have to download all over again or it will just update?, because with just 1mb (actually 800kb) connection takes sometime to download big files.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 05:26:39 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2007, 05:17:11 PM »
I ordered online and got a beta invite. took about 3 days to get it. As its so close to the end of it I dunno if you will get one until after we all get rubbed.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2007, 05:19:17 PM »
Like 420 said its maybe after they do the full wipe.

Edit:
"Thank you for ordering on EA Store (US). The date when the product that you Pre-Ordered will be released has been changed. The product listed below will now be available on October 24, 2007".

I just got that email from EA ^^ so guess that solves half of the problem hehe.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 05:26:51 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2007, 01:45:06 PM »
Available on Oct 24? Thats today. The release date is the 31st...right?

Also, could I assume that 420 will Subscribe and found a guild?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:49:50 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2007, 02:41:02 PM »
Available on Oct 24? Thats today. The release date is the 31st...right?

Also, could I assume that 420 will Subscribe and found a guild?
[snapback]38196[/snapback]
The release date for Hellgate, according to EA, Best Buy and Amazon is Oct 30. Mayb e some people are getting it earlier.

As I've stated before, I'll never pay-to-play anything. However, Throbble and I are considering paying the one time founders fee ($150) for a lifetime subscription. No idea if we'll make a guild though.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2007, 03:08:32 PM »
Hellgate is pay to play?

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2007, 03:08:55 PM »
I can dl Hellgate from EA store already, because i bought the digital preorder, its 6.8gb download >_<, so yes its the game lol but maybe it has some kind of lock like a password or serial that i will get on the release date.

Hellgate has an option to play for free and another to pay to play, but on the free one you get less classes and maybe less rares and stuff, surely just like dungeon runners.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 03:10:58 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2007, 03:19:58 PM »
Hellgate is pay to play?
[snapback]38198[/snapback]
You can play online for free like Guildwars or Diablo/Diablo 2 but, if you want to pay a $10/month fee you can become a "subscriber".

Here is what they are planning for subscribers so far:
Subscriber Features

Elite Mode
This is for those players that always feel a game is too easy. The demons are tougher, deal out more damage, move faster, travel in larger groups, and have more champions at the ready. Numerous tweaks to the overall balance and progression of the game make this an extremely challenging mode.

Hardcore
Hardcore mode takes away the various resurrection options. For the gamer that wants the ultimate test, try playing an Elite Hardcore character!

Themed Events and Items
Halloween (October 31 â?? November 4)

* Zombot - A special pet just for All Hallowsâ??, this amalgam of meat and metal is sure to frighten and delight those players that are willing to put in the time to find all the necessary pieces in order to construct him.

* All Hallowâ??s Visage - A Unique Helm that has not only very special properties, but as well a look unlike any other helm in the game. Ghost Rider would be jealous!

* All Hallowâ??s Treats - Delicious and devious, these different candies do everything from temporarily boosting stats to temporarily altering the appearance of the devourer.

* All Hallowsâ?? Quests - There is a pair of special quests available, including one that is repeatable for continuous fun.

* Nemo ~ Master of Festivities - This special NPC can first be found in Covent Garden Station to greet players and send them on their way with quests specifically crafted for the season.

Guild Creation
Buy purchasing a Guild Herald, a character can form a new guild. Characters can only be part of one guild at a time and should a Guild leader decide to abandon their post, they can pass leadership of the Guild to another subscribing guild member.

Extra Character Slots
While everyone gets 3 character slots, subscribers can have a maximum of 24 characters.

Larger Stash
Each characterâ??s storage locker is doubled in size with an extra 6x8 section, making the hoarding of all sorts of goodies that much easier. Packrats rejoice!

Founderâ??s Perks

Name Color

Forum Icon

More to comeâ?¦ (this will be an on-going area, as well)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 06:14:09 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2007, 03:27:22 PM »
Can subscribers play with non-subscribers?

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2007, 05:32:05 PM »
Yeah, i suppose... separate servers would be lame but im suscribing anyways

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »
Can subscribers play with non-subscribers?
[snapback]38202[/snapback]
Yup.

Yeah, i suppose... separate servers would be lame but im suscribing anyways
[snapback]38204[/snapback]
As Throbble pointed out to me: If you're willing to pay for a year and 3 months then that is already $150 so you may as well pay the founder's fee for lifetime subscription. However, that option is only available through pre-order I believe.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 06:16:52 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2007, 10:17:01 PM »
Ok last question.  Does a life time subscription include the game?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2007, 12:40:32 AM »
Ok last question.  Does a life time subscription include the game?
[snapback]38211[/snapback]
Uh, nope, don't think so. So consider it a $200 lifetime subscription with game included.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2007, 09:01:06 AM »
Uh, nope, don't think so. So consider it a $200 lifetime subscription with game included.

[snapback]38213[/snapback]

Thats crazy.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2007, 11:50:20 AM »
Thats crazy...

I hate being stuck with less options than other people and I dont have 200$ for a videogame. Guess Hellgate is not for me.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2007, 12:37:30 PM »
Well, you don't have to buy a subscription to play the whole game free online.

Also, while it sounds expensive as one lump sum, the $150 founder's fee is equivalent to buying 15 months worth of the pay-to-play subscription. So if you think you may play this game longer than a year and 3 months it would cost less to pay the one time fee up front.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2007, 12:47:51 PM »
Well, you don't have to buy a subscription to play the whole game free online.

Also, while it sounds expensive as one lump sum, the $150 founder's fee is equivalent to buying 15 months worth of the pay-to-play subscription. So if you think you may play this game longer than a year and 3 months it would cost less to pay the one time fee up front.

[snapback]38218[/snapback]

Yes except that I don't pay to play games online.  So 2 months would be a little too much.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2007, 03:58:34 PM »
Yes except that I don't pay to play games online.  So 2 months would be a little too much.
[snapback]38219[/snapback]
Well, as you know, Throbble and I are both vehemently against the whole concept of pay-to-play games. We've discussed the issue with gamers and game makers for years and we always came to the same conclusion: We'd rather pay one large, lump sum up front for lifetime access rather than allow our funds to be drained monthly for as long as we want to play the game.

Consider this fictional Diablo 2 scenario. Let's say that when Diablo 2 was announced in the late 90's Blizzard said that it was not financially feasible to host a game as huge and complex as D2 on Battle.net for free. Let's say they decided they would charge $10 a month to play Diablo 2 online.

Now, Throbble and I have been playing D2 online continuously since it was released (2000), for simplicity sake we'll say it's been exactly 7 years to the month. That means each of us would have spent $840 to play Diablo 2 for the past 84 months. Considering this, we would both be happy to slap down $150 a piece up front for lifetime access.

That's the basic argument behind the option of paying the lump sum.

But Hellgate isn't really pay-to-play anyway since the entire single player game is free to play online and there is no restrictions stopping non-subscribers from playing with subscribers.