Author Topic: What is the point?  (Read 36513 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2004, 12:04:09 AM »
theres nothing more to say on this topic except... BRING ON 10ac!!
That's IT!!! I have had it! Everyone knows that 11AC ROXORS 10AC BOXORS!!!!

ARGH!!! I'm going to start a "11AC rules 10AC" thread, then you will all be sorry because after that I will post a "5AC/AB rules everything else!" thread!!!!

*Rips off shirt and starts coloring body with green felt pen*

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2004, 10:14:40 AM »
Talon I think you should relax a bit and let players decide what is fun for them and stop all that crap there. I f I think 20ac is more fun for me than gs then that's all. And if gs is better for you then its all good too. Don't say it doesnt take skills in 20ac. Make a char work on it and come duel me, we shall see if it take skills or not..
Did you actually read my initial post in this thread, or just trying to stir trouble?

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2004, 10:16:16 AM »
Yes I agree Akuma.

So anyway, tell me when your ready Talon.
Ah - I see it was the "stir trouble" option, as youve managed to refer to me twice for no apparent reason whatsoever.
Just proves the mentality of these 20ac children if you ask me......

Offline -=Zen=-

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2004, 01:18:47 PM »
hasnt this topic been made 5 times already..?

Its been started in about 5 other threads before the webiste crashed or whatever.

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
What is the point?
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2004, 08:03:17 PM »
5AC/AB rules everything else!
hell yah back to old school nwn! :D

*Rips off shirt and starts coloring body with green felt pen*
okay you do that.... :blink:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 08:03:58 PM by doofer101 »

[Trust Nobody]Akuma[Enemy]

What is the point?
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2004, 07:55:25 PM »
*thinks 420 has gone crazy* :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2004, 08:16:09 PM »
*thinks 420 has gone crazy* :P
To quote a famous pundit:

"Have I gone insane or have I just gone sane in an insane world?"
- The Tick

OK, back to the topic of this post. "What is the point?"

So, what is the point of this thread?

I think the point is that the "12 AC - 20 AC" forum isn't going to get any constructive strategy discussions or informational threads. The reason for this could be that there isn't any strategy to discuss about 12 - 20 AC builds or duels.

[Trust Nobody]Akuma[Enemy]

What is the point?
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2004, 11:49:57 PM »
there actually is so how bout you GS players waddle back down to your GS section and post there so us 12acers/20acers can have our lil chats about what we do best....

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2004, 01:52:46 AM »
there actually is so how bout you GS players waddle back down to your GS section and post there so us 12acers/20acers can have our lil chats about what we do best....
Once again Akuma you prove my point, thank you.

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2004, 02:50:12 AM »
mouhahaha
isn't Talon the most funny guy!?

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Hottari Hanzo: "Yellow-haired warrior, if you shall encounter God through your path.. God shall be cut!!"[/span]

Beatrix Kido
Member of the ([span style=\'color:red\']D[/span])eadly ([span style=\'color:red\']V[/span])iper ([span style=\'color:red\']A[/span])ssassination ([span style=\'color:red\']S
)quad
Codename: Black Mamba

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2004, 02:52:05 AM »
I don't think you can have more self-centered "i believe I am the God" mentality then Talon is hehe It is so funny to read him:P

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Hottari Hanzo: "Yellow-haired warrior, if you shall encounter God through your path.. God shall be cut!!"[/span]

Beatrix Kido
Member of the ([span style=\'color:red\']D[/span])eadly ([span style=\'color:red\']V[/span])iper ([span style=\'color:red\']A[/span])ssassination ([span style=\'color:red\']S
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2004, 08:13:46 AM »
I don't think you can have more self-centered "i believe I am the God" mentality then Talon is hehe It is so funny to read him:P
Firstly, in my world I am a god.
What I am not is a stupid little kid who is trying yet again to stir arguments.
Also, dont use quotation marks for something that isnt a quotation.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2004, 08:26:46 AM »
Geez man, at 12ac, the biggest amount of skill you guys 'have', is to have a few bard levels and curse song and taunt.
Then if someone uses remove curse, then you bitch about it.

I mean COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How STUPID can you be????

Thats 12ac for you, you can ONLY get your ab high enough to hit someone by using curse song, and taunt. Then you bitch when someones conc is high, or if they use remove curse/restorations/etc.

20 ac doesnt even have that 'luxury' of reducing someones ac to be anywhere near hittable. So black mamba - and yes this is targetted directly at you - you are just a skilless 20 roller. Please feel free to provide your 20ac chars ab/ac ratio so we can ALL have a good chuckle. Or are you of the opinion that more ab makes you more likely to roll a 20, as another famous member of this forum pointed out only a few months ago.....

And AS for your choice of resist, how come when I made a DD I got bitched at for being cheap. Surely you dont see anything wrong with me reducing the damage i would recieve - you are a bunch of resisters after all......

However (Re: 5ab/ac):
hell yah back to old school nwn!
The ruleset we use at godspire is used to enforce that balance that we had at level 20. So we havent really left oldschool nwn, just extended it into level 40.
Although im not a resist fan, having played it for many months when we werent quite sure what we were doing (early days of nwn), I understand that many of you will refuse to progress with the game. So my suggestion to you, is to try the godspire ruleset but (god forbid) allow resist!!! Shock horror!!!
Actually - in all seriousness, thats exactly what you should be doing. I mean, you guys have crazy ass ILR. Level 40 items are ludicrous. At least you would have some of that "sacrifice aspect" you had at level 20.

Not to mention that 12ac-20ac is skilless :D

EL CABAZONO

What is the point?
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2004, 08:55:19 AM »
I have a  20AC AA for when I do local vault RPing.

88 AB, 115 AC = if I were to fight myself it'd be 20s.

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
What is the point?
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2004, 08:34:39 PM »
So my suggestion to you, is to try the godspire ruleset but (god forbid) allow resist!!! Shock horror!!!
actually i did make a mod with nice restrictions that looked like it had potential to be good and balanced but unfortunately we couldn't find a host :(

still looking for one btw if anyone is interested ^_^  

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2004, 10:32:08 AM »
Have no fear everyone.  I will explain this 12-20ac craze and why some like it.

Simple reason...They do not pocess the necessary brain power to  contemplate how to build a 9ac no resist char.

Before all you resist kiddies whine that I am calling you stupid, I am not.
It is my opinion that you are all probably between the ages of 8-16 years old and your heads haven't matured yet to our stage.  Nothing to be ashamed about, I mean we were all that age once...

When you all grow up into good educations and can do basic math such as subtract ABs from ACs, then I will look forward to seeing you all on Godspire.

Have a nice day  :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 10:33:44 AM by Mo, Master of the Arcane »

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2004, 01:32:39 PM »
hehhehehehehehehe talon your so funny:P

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Beatrix Kido
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2004, 01:34:18 PM »
I say you like godspire good, i like 20ac good for me
and now we all shut uip cuz this ain't going nowhere lse then bitching other people's opinion. and yes this is for you talon.

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Beatrix Kido
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2004, 01:39:54 PM »
hehhehehehehehehe talon your so funny:P
I know :D
But thank you anyway :)

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2004, 01:40:26 PM »
I say you like godspire good, i like 20ac good for me
and now we all shut uip cuz this ain't going nowhere lse then bitching other people's opinion. and yes this is for you talon.
Im ot bitching - just pointing out that it was skilless.
Thats a fact, not a flame :)

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2004, 01:44:19 PM »
Oh come on Talon:P

It's so fun argueing with ya hehe
But ya you kinda bitch at ppl hehe
But I knew it would be a matter of minutes until u reply hehe

Let's just say that both of them 9ac and 20ac is good because it suits different ppl. It's the best AC if it suits you so thats y i say 20ac is best and u say 9ac is best.
But plz don't say it doesnt take skills. Yes it doesnt take less skills then 9ac indeed but it still takes skills to make a good char. Don't you agree on this one?:P

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Beatrix Kido
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »
MO, what you said really sucks "Before all you resist kiddies whine that I am calling you stupid, I am not.
It is my opinion that you are all probably between the ages of 8-16 years old and your heads haven't matured yet to our stage. Nothing to be ashamed about, I mean we were all that age once..."

You don't even know my age.. that's very lame of you
Really sad that some ppl can think the way you do..
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 01:47:05 PM by Black Mamba »

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Beatrix Kido
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2004, 02:00:06 PM »
MO, what you said really sucks "Before all you resist kiddies whine that I am calling you stupid, I am not.
It is my opinion that you are all probably between the ages of 8-16 years old and your heads haven't matured yet to our stage. Nothing to be ashamed about, I mean we were all that age once..."

You don't even know my age.. that's very lame of you
Really sad that some ppl can think the way you do..
Heheh what do you mean its' lame?

Ok for the purpose of my study, please inform me as to your age group.
Try and be honest also...

Imagine I am part of some super advanced race who has found an interest in lesser lifeforms and is conducting studies on them.

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2004, 02:09:18 PM »
mmmmmmmmmk
yes as I mentioned before,
it's lame

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Beatrix Kido
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2004, 02:11:48 PM »

Let's just say that both of them 9ac and 20ac is good because it suits different ppl. It's the best AC if it suits you so thats y i say 20ac is best and u say 9ac is best.

Ok let's just get to the point.

20ac suites you because you are an imbecile.

Talon would you like some more brandy?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2004, 02:22:20 PM »
I would enjoy some brandy master mo...and 9 ac is the best, because 20 ac is a no skill involved, all it is, is luck. You just see who can roll the most 20s. ridiculous. morons :) sorry but no offense meant
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2004, 02:24:54 PM »
o god, so many loosers here
nathan u should do something bout this
lol

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Beatrix Kido
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2004, 02:26:29 PM »
*Pours Mercy some brandy*

I don't know about you Mercy but my exposure to these imbeciles seems to be having an adverse effect on my well-being...Do you know of any spell I could fashion to counter-act this effect?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2004, 02:32:58 PM »
o god, so many loosers here
nathan u should do something bout this
lol
What would you like him to do?

Ban all the intelligent members of this forum?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2004, 03:05:46 PM »
It seems that two different points are being argued here.

The first is: Does building, equiping and playing 9AC duelers take more skill than 12-20AC?

One side argues that higher than 9AC doesn't take any skill because of the AB/AC ratio. Many formulas, mathmatical equations and hypothetical circumstances have been described to prove this point.

The other side thinks 9AC, 12AC and 20AC all take skill to play. They have yet to provide any solid evidence.

The second point that is trying to be made, is that the 9AC supporters think the 12-20AC people actually lack intelligence. This is probably caused by the 12-20AC supporters lack of evidence in the first argument.

The 9AC people have provided analysis of item costs, restricted properties and spells, AB/AC comparisons for different builds and a lot of other actual effort to support their point. (unfortunatly much of this data was lost after the site went down)

If some people like 12-20AC that's fine but if they are going to argue that it takes skill they will have to provide some sort of solid mathmatical proof.

EDIT: OH and I still don't see any other threads in the 12-20AC forum that are actually discussing builds, strategy or anything constructive regarding 12-20AC. There is a reason for this I suspect.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 03:09:29 PM by 420 »