Author Topic: What is the point?  (Read 36514 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
What is the point?
« on: June 25, 2004, 10:34:26 AM »
What is the point of 12ac-20ac?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 05:34:56 PM »
Same reason people buy virtual items and characters for Diablo 2 with real money:

They are too lazy to put any thought, effort or skill into the game.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 05:54:45 PM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
What is the point?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 08:42:46 PM »
lol then whats the point of playing if you are gonna be that lazy?

EL CABAZONO

What is the point?
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 08:45:34 PM »
They want to pretend they're "skilled" and that their 20s aren't luck, they get 20s because of the "build"

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
What is the point?
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 09:03:06 PM »
wow thats a sucky excuse don't ya think?

oh and cab i wanna thank you agains for fully explaining to me (yeah i know i'm slow) how to do the dm visual effects and the set appearance...  

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 09:34:13 PM »
I am a 20ac player, and that's not because i'm lazy, thank you for sharing these "opinions"

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Hottari Hanzo: "Yellow-haired warrior, if you shall encounter God through your path.. God shall be cut!!"[/span]

Beatrix Kido
Member of the ([span style=\'color:red\']D[/span])eadly ([span style=\'color:red\']V[/span])iper ([span style=\'color:red\']A[/span])ssassination ([span style=\'color:red\']S
)quad
Codename: Black Mamba

Japanese steel rocks!

EL CABAZONO

What is the point?
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 10:13:49 PM »
I am a 20ac player, and that's not because i'm lazy, thank you for sharing these "opinions"
Then why is it?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 10:25:50 PM »
Hee hee, fished in!!!

I was just trolling when I said that, but when Talon sees this thread I am sure he will be more than happy to explain the 9AC point of view.

The basic logic is, in GodSpire you can make builds with high enough ab to overcome the highest AC possible. This means, you can make non-caster builds that can hit each other on a roll lower than 20 (an automatic hit).

nathan

What is the point?
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 10:29:47 PM »
Same reason people buy virtual items and characters for Diablo 2 with real money:

They are too lazy to put any thought, effort or skill into the game.

The same reison why godspire people use 8 ac, there to lazy. 420, 8 ac, 9 ac, 10 ac, 12 ac and 20 ac, there's no difference, you don't like resist they like resist

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 10:59:29 PM »
Yes exactly.
Well I guess I like 20ac because that's how I learn Nwn. I never played in Sou, I started with Hotu and obviously with 20ac. I've tried 12ac, i even played it for a while but I always return to 20ac. Plus I didn't really approuve when u said it is for lazy ppl because even 20's rule, u still have to think about making a better build then the other. It's not only luck. In 20ac you have to duel the same chars alot so you can actually notice that if you always win, it's because your char build is better. But I do understand your point of view, and yes lower ac and resistance makes it harder to build chars since you have more things to think of into skills and abilities.

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Hottari Hanzo: "Yellow-haired warrior, if you shall encounter God through your path.. God shall be cut!!"[/span]

Beatrix Kido
Member of the ([span style=\'color:red\']D[/span])eadly ([span style=\'color:red\']V[/span])iper ([span style=\'color:red\']A[/span])ssassination ([span style=\'color:red\']S
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Death

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2004, 12:51:57 AM »
Yes exactly.
Well I guess I like 20ac because that's how I learn Nwn. I never played in Sou, I started with Hotu and obviously with 20ac. I've tried 12ac, i even played it for a while but I always return to 20ac. Plus I didn't really approuve when u said it is for lazy ppl because even 20's rule, u still have to think about making a better build then the other. It's not only luck. In 20ac you have to duel the same chars alot so you can actually notice that if you always win, it's because your char build is better. But I do understand your point of view, and yes lower ac and resistance makes it harder to build chars since you have more things to think of into skills and abilities.
20 ac is just who has more attacks per round and dmg pretty much all there is to 20ac  

nathan

What is the point?
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2004, 01:51:50 AM »
I personally think that 20 ac is better than the new 8 ac godspire, but that's just my opinion.

Offline Hydros

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2004, 06:25:47 AM »
errmmmm!

Is it 8 ac instead of 9 now? (FUC*, GOTTA REDO ALL MY EQUIPPMENT ONCE I GRET HOME! :()
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  [span style=\'color:purple\']Billy Cosby[/span]

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
What is the point?
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2004, 08:59:45 AM »
lol hydros!

oh and hydros are you back on the computer yet? Nem and I need to show you Rune and a bunch of other places... :P  

Offline Hydros

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2004, 10:37:05 AM »
No, I will be back tomorrow silly :P... Seriously, is it 8 now? (*CRIES*?)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  [span style=\'color:purple\']Billy Cosby[/span]

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
What is the point?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 11:03:32 AM »
Hee hee, fished in!!!

I was just trolling when I said that, but when Talon sees this thread I am sure he will be more than happy to explain the 9AC point of view.

The basic logic is, in GodSpire you can make builds with high enough ab to overcome the highest AC possible. This means, you can make non-caster builds that can hit each other on a roll lower than 20 (an automatic hit).

Disagree,
If that's the basic logic ... It's not true for all types of char's. GS = balanced pvp for me, as basic logic.
The ac still can be far too high to get hit by anything. Even those aa's whit true strike don't reach it.
There are other ways to get a hit on your oppent on gs, that's the good point.

20 ac is skill too, just not as much as 9ac. 20 rolls isn't 100% luck either. High ac and high ab help, same for a high number of attacks.

And to talk about other things, the dam you do on resist servers is more important than on gs, my gs char wouldn't hurt a fly on a resist server. But the options you have for a good build are so small whit 20ac - 12 ac or resist. That's why 9 is better, I never saw so much diffent build than on gs. And the number of spells that actualy have some effect on the duels are bigger too. Just way more options to use.

It's not only the 9 ac, but also the changes to spells, the restrictions, ect ....  that makes godspire's lvl22 items (9ac) system the best for me.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 02:07:17 PM »
I personally think that 20 ac is better than the new 8 ac godspire, but that's just my opinion.
There isnt a new godspire...
Its still 9ac

nathan

What is the point?
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2004, 02:07:47 PM »
oh... nevermind then lol

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 02:52:42 PM »
dude I've been there, and I think it's 9... don't think my ac got fucked over going into the server, atleast I didn't notice any changes
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2004, 08:16:39 PM »
Hee hee, fished in!!!

Quite possibly the most MORONIC thing about 12ac and 20ac is that they continue to use level 40 items.
As I have said a MILLION times before, you MUST use level 22 items to keep the same balance as level 20 PvP.
This will actually mean that the max ac is 9ac, but that, mathematically speaking, is balanced in AB vs AC terms.
By all means the resisters may use resist if they want - godspire grew out of that phase years ago, but feel free to continue what we started 2 years ago if you must.
The fact that we at godspire (who have been Uber, no ILR, no Restrictions level 20, restricted level 20 (no immunes), resist level 20, non-resist level 20, and now non-resist level 20 and 40) feel we have actually advanced past that stage should not affect anyones decision on a server.
Even if your decision would otherwise be wrong :D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 08:18:25 PM by Talon »

[Trust Nobody]Akuma[Enemy]

What is the point?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2004, 09:53:43 PM »
Thing Is You Godspire Players enjoy your type of PvP We Enjoy Ours They Both Rely on The Same Amount Of Skill But of A Diffrent Kind So Stop Saying Us 12-20acers Arnt Skilled Because i Think I Have Proved In GS That I Can Make a Decent Char For There Sure IT May not Win all Duels But it can put up a fight thank you have a nice day :angry:  

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2004, 10:59:55 PM »
I think this discussion should be over by now and that some ppl should realize that perhaps these 12-20ac players do know it's all about 20s, but still feel that it's fun. yes lvl 22 items is mathematically correct, but it's pretty obvious that they won't turn 12-20ac down when they feel that it's fun.

I did once play 12ac and 20ac (but in 20ac I still used 12 :P), it was easy because I was a mage, but still quite hard to kill those with 1000 hp when I only did around 30 dmg.

It's fine that some ppl play one way whereas other ppl play another way, we can't judge each other for playing the game the wrong way, since it's ourselves creating the way we play the game.

I started playing online with only the items I had gained in nwn (I didn't create items), I only used what I had found while playing. Now I got mad because ppl made their own items, but I can't say they're playing the wrong way now can I?
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
What is the point?
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2004, 12:08:57 AM »
Seriously, is it 8 now? (*CRIES*?)
Of course not.

-Throblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 03:13:22 AM »
I think this discussion should be over by now and that some ppl should realize that perhaps these 12-20ac players do know it's all about 20s, but still feel that it's fun.
Unfortunately, they dont realise its all about luck.
Thats probably the thing that frustrates me most about them :(

Offline -=Zen=-

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2004, 04:02:45 PM »
Have you nerfed shifters again? Because i went in with my Golem shifter guy and his AC was 60, Its normally 101, What is going on here! :0
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 04:06:05 PM by -=Zen=- »

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2004, 04:24:50 PM »
Talon I think you should relax a bit and let players decide what is fun for them and stop all that crap there. I f I think 20ac is more fun for me than gs then that's all. And if gs is better for you then its all good too. Don't say it doesnt take skills in 20ac. Make a char work on it and come duel me, we shall see if it take skills or not..

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Beatrix Kido
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

nathan

What is the point?
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2004, 05:49:35 PM »
I agree! Talon, your in neverwinter nights to have fun arent you? Now I realy know why the resisters hate nonresist, I thougt the reisters started this dislike thing, but I guess it was the nonresisters.

[Trust Nobody]Akuma[Enemy]

What is the point?
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2004, 06:34:28 PM »
only reason ive ever taken a swing at a nonresister was when i kept seeing the spam about how us resisters suck and dont have any skill  :blink:  

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
What is the point?
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2004, 07:14:11 PM »
Yes I agree Akuma.

So anyway, tell me when your ready Talon.

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Beatrix Kido
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
What is the point?
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2004, 09:10:01 PM »
*glances in* LoL you made a whole thread for 12-20 ac

oh well this argument has been going on forever here and no one will ever "win"

the thing is... its a game! purpose: to have fun. i just happened to think 12ac was fun while you guys like 9ac

theres nothing more to say on this topic except... BRING ON 10ac!!  :P  :lol: