Author Topic: Lame?  (Read 9155 times)

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lame?
« on: December 08, 2004, 03:47:24 PM »
i came to the discovery that using autoquicken lvl 3 and haste is bugged using together the dude said that a mage using that has an advantage over a mage not using it..... so in other words it was lame
but max doesn't has it or talon and they beat me not to mention other players too so what is yours opinion???
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Lame?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 04:06:28 PM »
autoquicken doesn't make any mage faster unless he uses the item switching bug, I don't want to tell about that bug since, well item switching bug says it all and I don't think ppl should know such an evil thing >.<

However it doesn't work taking haste on and off on gs anyway.

But no, a mage doesn't gain any advantage by taking those feats if he has haste, if there is infact any advantage then it's a bug.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Lame?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 04:42:09 PM »
Some poeple can tell someone has autoquicken afther a duel. It has a effect on the casting, you have to time your casts different against a mage whit autoquicken, spells get fired earlyer. But it doesn't gives a big advantage like epic doge does. A good caster won't have much problems dueling a mage whit quicken anyway.

It's not that bad in my eyes, my mage is way worse whit it's hide in a mage duel, just ask talon or max :P But if you want to do a clean mageduel, whitout complains, just don't take it, it's a waste of 4 feats on top of it.

Reminds me to script a haste check for arivs.

-Mel
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 04:49:29 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Lame?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 05:41:24 PM »
Reminds me to script a haste check for arivs.
[snapback]12305[/snapback]
Made a check.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Lame?
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 05:55:21 PM »
First spell casted a round with auto-quick is casted a split second faster than without it...not enough to make a big difference.

Quicken feat has really never worked properly anyway...it worked more like it was supposed to pre hotu now it's just messed up.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Lame?
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 06:21:07 PM »
yeah i dont think it really makes a difference, as far as the human eye can tell, they will cast at almost the exact same time if they start at the exact same tiem

-Lord Elessar

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Lame?
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 02:11:42 AM »
Hubba told me it was lame when someone asked if he should take autoquicken .
I asked to mel and mel said it was bugged :P
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Lame?
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 05:06:56 AM »
Hubba told me it was lame when someone asked if he should take autoquicken .
I asked to mel and mel said it was bugged :P
[snapback]12336[/snapback]
It is bugged, it shouldn't affect the spells while hasted. But it still has a effect on it.

-Mel

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Lame?
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 07:26:49 AM »
my 2 cents worth: i haven't noticed a difference with Quicken and Haste nor have i noticed quicken giving me a field advantage in a GS duel (ask any mage i've fought against that wasn't a n00b)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Lame?
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 03:14:21 PM »
Khad, from hour sig now, it seems you just beat summoner. That game is on the original Ps2 box, so you know its old. I beat it a few years ago and that was horrible. I hardely lauphed (game wasnt too bad for its oldness).
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline ViperDE2004

• MSN Messenger - noneofyourfreakinbuisiness@F-U
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lame?
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 03:21:23 PM »
Wow..... you guys.... thats sad. It does speed up your casting by alot. As soon as someone casts mantle i can tell if they have auto quicken or not.  One of my mage has it and i cast fod right before they mantle.  It is lame only when the other person dosent have it.  But if they both have it its just speeds up the duel.

-Viper
Viper, Leader of {Legions of Sages} -(LoS)-

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Lame?
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 03:44:54 PM »
Wow..... you guys.... thats sad. It does speed up your casting by alot. As soon as someone casts mantle i can tell if they have auto quicken or not.  One of my mage has it and i cast fod right before they mantle.  It is lame only when the other person dosent have it.  But if they both have it its just speeds up the duel.

-Viper
[snapback]12423[/snapback]

wow.... viper.... you dumbass. it speeds it up possibly a milisecond. its possible that the person with the mantle had a bit of lag and didnt click fast enough. geez thats the obvious reason.

-Lord Elessar

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • Email
Lame?
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 06:45:26 PM »
Wow..... you guys.... thats sad. It does speed up your casting by alot. As soon as someone casts mantle i can tell if they have auto quicken or not.  One of my mage has it and i cast fod right before they mantle.  It is lame only when the other person dosent have it.  But if they both have it its just speeds up the duel.

-Viper
[snapback]12423[/snapback]

wow.... viper.... you dumbass. it speeds it up possibly a milisecond. its possible that the person with the mantle had a bit of lag and didnt click fast enough. geez thats the obvious reason.

-Lord Elessar
[snapback]12427[/snapback]
very nice, lord, handled well by your good self.

yeash - you wont have any toys left in your pram at this rate :P

to make this post valid - i dont use auto quicken, and the mages i duel against mosty win :S

:)

Offline Raven

• View Profile
    • Email
Lame?
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 07:55:41 PM »
I think when we tested it some time ago we found that having auto quicken 3 and haste allowed you to cast one extra spell every second round or so. I seem to remember talon and nemesis testing it out and coming to that conclusion anyway. Perhaps it has since been fixed in a patch, but I have recently duelled an autoquickened mage and found that they kept getting ahead no matter what I tried. It is particularly annoying when they  cast breach, an offensive spell and remantle in the time it takes you to cast breach and just start casting your own offensive spell :angry2:

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lame?
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2004, 11:14:12 AM »
well that sounds a bit too fast, quick bug fast, the one were they take haste on and off all the time.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Lame?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 06:34:38 PM »
I think when we tested it some time ago we found that having auto quicken 3 and haste allowed you to cast one extra spell every second round or so. I seem to remember talon and nemesis testing it out and coming to that conclusion anyway. Perhaps it has since been fixed in a patch, but I have recently duelled an autoquickened mage and found that they kept getting ahead no matter what I tried. It is particularly annoying when they  cast breach, an offensive spell and remantle in the time it takes you to cast breach and just start casting your own offensive spell :angry2:
[snapback]13143[/snapback]

Yes - Its bugged.
Recovery time after first spell in round is reduced which means the second spell comes out faster.

Offline ViperDE2004

• MSN Messenger - noneofyourfreakinbuisiness@F-U
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lame?
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2004, 10:32:42 PM »
Test before you talk elesar, besides when have you maged dueled before! It does speed. Try casting a mantle at the exact same time youl c its faster.
Viper, Leader of {Legions of Sages} -(LoS)-