Author Topic: 1.64 patch will add Trogs!  (Read 11164 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
1.64 patch will add Trogs!
« on: September 16, 2004, 04:05:28 PM »
http://nwn.bioware.com/builders/creature_p...troglodyte.html

Looks like the 1.64 patch will have toglodytes! Cool, I been waiting for these stinky dudes since the day NWN came out!

When HotU came out, there was a pre-order bonus mod that included the Sea Hag, Bulette and three Troglodyte creature models.

Sea Hag was released last patch, so it looks like we will have to wait until the patch after 1.64 for the Bulette.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 10:43:13 PM by 420 »

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 05:18:32 PM »
Nice, but that does mean CEP people might have a problem since they got one already :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 07:53:46 PM »
Nice, but that does mean CEP people might have a problem since they got one already :P
[snapback]6537[/snapback]

Nah, the CEP people left room for Bioware to add creatures, items, objects, etc. with patches. So you get your choice between the CEP beholder or goblin and the Bioware versions.

Only thing that would screw up the CEP would be new new official expansion.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 08:11:12 PM »
Damn man, Been waiting ta see what 1.64 has instore. Nice scoop 420  ;)

Offline Anarki

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 10:35:30 PM »
That is SO my new skin.
Who needs narrative coherence, or even literacy, anyway? If you can dead-lift 300 pounds, you're the man!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 02:51:50 PM »
D'oh, looks like Bioware is up to their old tricks again.

This Wednesday they posted the Bulette:

http://nwn.bioware.com/builders/creature_p...le_bulette.html

Both the trogs and bulette are to be "released in a future update" but it doesn't say if it will be in the same update. If it is, 1.64 is gonna be a huge patch!

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 05:15:21 PM »

Both the trogs and bulette are to be "released in a future update" but it doesn't say if it will be in the same update. If it is, 1.64 is gonna be a huge patch!

Arrrgh!! We hates them!! Big patches??? They have now respect for us poor shmoes who can't afford high speed internet!!
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 06:46:26 PM »

Arrrgh!! We hates them!! Big patches??? They have now respect for us poor shmoes who can't afford high speed internet!!
[snapback]7016[/snapback]

Well, what if they included both creatures in the next patch and *drum roll*... Three New Skies!!!

That's right, there will be " the crisp Desert Clear sky, the ominous Grassy Storm sky, and the chilly Winter Clear sky."

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 07:19:42 PM »
wow 420 your on a roll good work
kep use posted on bioware's site(i dont go there to often)

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 03:54:01 AM »
420?

You wrote :-

"Only thing that would screw up the CEP would be new new official expansion.

-420"

Which new xp were u referring to?....

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 07:44:30 AM »
no he means if they made a new expansion pack that was completely different and you had to go out to a store to buy it like Neverwinter Nights: Clash of Titans... hey that would be a good title for a user created mod... *goes off thinking of a whole story line and everything so he can work on it as soon as he gets his own copy of nwn*  =D

-Lord Elessar

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 05:18:13 PM »
I think the Trogs just look like a bit of an uglier Kobold =D. Maybe they are a distant relative of the kobold or something? Yes? No? Have no idea. The Bulette looks cool. Wonder if they might add him as like polymorph or shifter skills. Also I love the bio they have on both of them. LoL neither very serious.

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 05:33:42 PM »
anyone try the shifter added with the prestige class hakpak? he can turn into any being he wants to, like if I were on gs I could shift into any player there :D

pretty cool, only get the looks tho, not the abilities
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Raelias

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 05:41:25 PM »
What prestige class hakpak? Did it come with the CEP? Sounds neat =P. But oh ya what I'd also like to address here is a reminder to me or someone else to ask Talon if he knows if the Shifter Script he had to carry over item prop is working. I do not believe it is anymore since the patch or awhile now. Not really sure.

Ahem but to the topic... Trogs are uglier and smellier Kobolds in my opinions. And the Bulettes remind me of Kodo's somewhat.

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 06:05:33 PM »
ugh, the topic on new prestige classes, there are about 30 new, it's a hakpak, but don't add to the nwn orig. mods cuz they update those in patches and it can't if you add the haks to those mods
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Raelias

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2004, 06:13:55 PM »
What topic about the 30 new prestige classes? I saw a topic 420 put up about some new races and all but classes? O.o. What the heck are you talking about? You kind of just spat that out of the blue.

-Raelias

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2004, 06:13:58 PM »
yea plus its a pain the behind to get rid of them. esp since it caused me to crash everytime i started chap 2 of hotu. only wrong way blood. it lets you transform into the race and appearance with that kinda stuff. i think those item props will cary over but remember, you have to use an item and conversation to get to the one you want so thats another pain in the behind.  also if you get any new prestige class hakpak get the psionisist one. IT RULES! =D

-Lord Elessar

PS: link from raven. thankyou raven!  clicky
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 06:15:43 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Raelias

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2004, 06:14:37 PM »
K, what?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 06:14:51 PM by Raelias »

-Raelias

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2004, 06:17:35 PM »
ok I'll try and just send you to this part of the forum prestige classes

there
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Raelias

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2004, 06:29:35 PM »
Ah cool. And nice. Talon will never add most likely just because he will most likely think it will decrease the amount of visitors to GS. Which is really true. All those noobs and all will not understand how to DL the file and not come into GS. And we all love the noobs so much that of course we want them to stay...

-Raelias

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2004, 06:31:01 PM »
when installed you also get to read through what the prestige classes gain, read elemental savant and lich/demi lich, those are uber goober super mages!
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 07:42:39 PM »
For Raelias:

Kobolds and Troglodytes are indeed related:

*Straps on his Lore Cap (which incidentally looks like a "dunce cap")*

The Creator Races

While the deities battled, many intelligent beings arose on Toril. Modern scholars call the five greatest the creator races. The first of these was a saurian race that built an extensive if short-lived civilization. Its survivors eventually became the nagas, lizardfolk, troglodytes, and similar creatures.
-Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3E

So they are one big, happy, cold-blooded family.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 07:44:06 PM by 420 »