Author Topic: Diablo III Info  (Read 30612 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Diablo III Info
« on: September 01, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »
I'll try to keep all my future D3 posts confined to this thread.

Blizzard posted an interesting article detailing the crafting system in Diablo III which includes a video and some high res screenshots showing the inventory system.

Diablo II Crafting System

Remember to turn off the site's music before starting the video. Also, check out the details on the weapons, they include DPS and attack speed calculations. Pretty sweet.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Diablo III Info
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »
Diablo III is going to be so awesome.

The whole artisan thing sounds so bad ass.

Blizzard has had that little hiring message there for years now... and they're located in California, how come you don't work there yet? :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
New article on the health system.

Basically, in D3 potions are rare and expensive and have a cool down so, while they can be used in combat they are not the main source of healing like in Diablo 2. Instead health globes will drop from enemies, grabbing these will autoheal a % of health for the entire party. Champs will drop health globes as they take damage and unique bosses will have some kind of alternate method to get health globes to drop.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »
New article on the health system.

Basically, in D3 potions are rare and expensive and have a cool down so, while they can be used in combat they are not the main source of healing like in Diablo 2. Instead health globes will drop from enemies, grabbing these will autoheal a % of health for the entire party. Champs will drop health globes as they take damage and unique bosses will have some kind of alternate method to get health globes to drop.

Sounds kinda weird.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 02:51:18 PM »
Sounds kinda weird.
I heard in an earlier interview that they decided to go this way in order to replace the potion belt slots with skill slots. So, in addition to the skills you bind to the left and right mouse click you will also be able to activate skills using the number keys.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 02:54:45 PM »
Now it sounds a bit better. :P

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 07:09:14 PM »
YES! No more filling up my belt and stash with full rejuvenation potions!!!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »
Level cap will be 60. Read about it here.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 11:13:22 PM »
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 02:32:14 PM »
Also, here is the writeup on the character and some info about how PvP will work.

Demon Hunter

Diablo III PvP

Demon Hunter
It seems kind of like a cross between a trap assassin and a crossbow amazon. I love the idea of dual-wielding crossbows though, it's hilariously absurd! And that charge skill seems interesting, I think she was passing through demons, sort of like a limited Teleport or non-targeted Dragon Flight.

PvP
I like the fact that it's a separate mode that allows you to use any of your characters (though who in the fuck plays Diablo single player?). It's too bad that 1v1 won't be ranked however, but the team arena idea is pretty cool. No more running back to town like a little girl. I had a couple really nice PvP build in Diablo 2, before "white" items, bugged rune words and other hacks/exploits ruined PvP.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 02:53:01 PM »
(though who in the fuck plays Diablo single player?).
That would be me.

It's too bad that 1v1 won't be ranked however, but the team arena idea is pretty cool. No more running back to town like a little girl.
"Die." "Die." "Time to die."

I had a couple really nice PvP build in Diablo 2, before "white" items, bugged rune words and other hacks/exploits ruined PvP.
Whites and blacks were stupid. Using a hex editor to hack an items color to a different color that looked terrible and ugly, I never got the point of it. Though I did see the use of an inventory full of "crafted" small charms that had a variety of special benefits. =P

Anyway, you actually pvp'd in open for any reason other than non-legit pvp!?

Or did those items make it into closed as well, after I stopped playing? (I stopped playing closed just after patch 1.10, I was too in love with 1.09 to be able to accept the changes. =P)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 02:52:14 AM »
Anyway, you actually pvp'd in open for any reason other than non-legit pvp!?

Or did those items make it into closed as well, after I stopped playing? (I stopped playing closed just after patch 1.10, I was too in love with 1.09 to be able to accept the changes. =P)
I only ever played closed b.net D2 games and yeah, those items made it onto closed somehow.

Here is a collection of interesting official D3 forum posts on GameBanshee that goes into more detail about the Demon Hunter class, charms and crafting. They also talk about dye kits, respecing, discouraging offline play, unique items and gems (there will be 17 levels of gem quality and only the lowest 5 levels will drop from creatures.)

Oh and passive skills have been relegated to a new "traits" category.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 01:03:31 PM »
It was recently announced that Diablo III will require you to have an internet connection in order to play. (Even if you're just playing "single player".)

This has apparently upset a number of fans, which you can read about here: MTV Multiplayer Article

I may have played Diablo single player in the early days but I'm pretty sure I usually played on the "LAN" with throbble (using a 30' serial cable) or online using dial-up. As for Diablo II, by the time throbble and I were "Stress Testing" battle.net with the Diablo II beta we both had the earliest incarnation of Pacbell DSL.

I know throbble's brother played Diablo II single player but that's because he is a park ranger and lives in the middle of a national park. Apparently the satellite internet connection there sucks too much to play online games. Well, that's what he gets for trying to preserve our national treasures.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 09:28:14 PM »
It was recently announced that Diablo III will require you to have an internet connection in order to play. (Even if you're just playing "single player".)

This has apparently upset a number of fans, which you can read about here: MTV Multiplayer Article

I may have played Diablo single player in the early days but I'm pretty sure I usually played on the "LAN" with throbble (using a 30' serial cable) or online using dial-up. As for Diablo II, by the time throbble and I were "Stress Testing" battle.net with the Diablo II beta we both had the earliest incarnation of Pacbell DSL.

I know throbble's brother played Diablo II single player but that's because he is a park ranger and lives in the middle of a national park. Apparently the satellite internet connection there sucks too much to play online games. Well, that's what he gets for trying to preserve our national treasures.

lol, still fucking gay. Shouldn't require internet, I miss the good old days more and more.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 12:03:24 PM »
lol, still fucking gay. Shouldn't require internet, I miss the good old days more and more.

I know it's a pretty stupid requirement.  Lots of game do that these days.  I remember when my Internet went out last year, I was bored, so I figured I'd fire up Dragon Age and play that.  Behold! Since I had DLC installed I couldn't friggin play cause it needed to authenticate against EA EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Well no Internet now means either playing SNES emulator or reading a book.

All this shit does it hurt people who legitimately pay and play the games, it hardly effects the pirates, whom these lame tactics are created to disrupt.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
I know it's a pretty stupid requirement.  Lots of game do that these days.  I remember when my Internet went out last year, I was bored, so I figured I'd fire up Dragon Age and play that.  Behold! Since I had DLC installed I couldn't friggin play cause it needed to authenticate against EA EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Well no Internet now means either playing SNES emulator or reading a book.

All this shit does it hurt people who legitimately pay and play the games, it hardly effects the pirates, whom these lame tactics are created to disrupt.
We should start a revolution.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »
Just got an email from Blizzard saying that the Diablo III beta testing will be starting "soon". (No date given.)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:52:00 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
Just got an email from Blizzard saying that the Diablo III beta testing will be starting "soon". (No date given.)

Blizzard said they'd like to have the game out by the end of the year.  Sounds good to me, though I'll probably be in the middle of Skyrim by then.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »
Blizzard said they'd like to have the game out by the end of the year.  Sounds good to me, though I'll probably be in the middle of Skyrim by then.
Usually though, if they say something like that, I tend to expect it in the beginning or middle of the following year. Especially in the case of Blizzard, where it seems they always made sure their game was "done" before releasing it. Not a bad thing at all, of course.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »
Usually though, if they say something like that, I tend to expect it in the beginning or middle of the following year. Especially in the case of Blizzard, where it seems they always made sure their game was "done" before releasing it. Not a bad thing at all, of course.
I agree with you. Blizzard has enough money to release when they want to release. They usually like to do it around Christmas time for some reason. So, I would expect D3 to be released around the end of 2012. (Assuming the end of the Mayan calender wasn't predicting the end of the world.)

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 07:34:08 PM »
They usually like to do it around Christmas time for some reason.

Christmas Shopping :P
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 12:34:11 PM »
Christmas Shopping :P
Yeah, I figured that, but they are really focused on it unlike other game companies. I think it may have something to do with their name/logo. Especially the "Blizzard North" one, which doesn't actually exist anymore but plays when starting up Diablo 2.

Uh, this one!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 12:46:49 PM »
(Link)

Blizzard has given its firmest indication to date that Diablo 3 is coming to consoles.

While lead designer Josh Mosqueira stopped short of confirming the port out right during a Gamescom press conference today, he stated that the developer "is very, very serious about bringing the Diablo 3 experience to the console."

He added that, as reported earlier this year, Blizzard is currently in the process of recruiting a team to handle a potential console version of the action RPG sequel.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »
Skadoosh (The  url tag seems to be malfunctioning.)
Skadoosh

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 12:51:10 AM by Soul Sojourner »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 12:51:42 AM »
Skadoosh (The  url tag seems to be malfunctioning.)
Skadoosh

Code: [Select]
[url=http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/]Skadoosh[/url]
Worked for me.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 08:50:15 PM »
Diablo III Collector's Edition

The Diablo III: Collector's Edition will be available exclusively at retail on DVD-ROM for Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 and Macintosh. The release date, suggested retail price, and other details for this game will be announced in the months ahead.

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 09:15:28 PM »
$150 USD

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 08:34:06 PM »
Blizzard is giving WoW players who sign a year contract to play WoW a free copy of Diablo 3 when it comes out. Woot.

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 10:28:25 PM »
Blizzard is giving WoW players who sign a year contract to play WoW a free copy of Diablo 3 when it comes out. Woot.

"w00t!" Indeed. :D

Offline KapitaninKatze

• SilberKatze
  • Living Life like we'll all die Tomorrow.
    • MSN Messenger - foxie_kittin@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jenna_benedict704@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Ama Gi Society
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 12:57:29 PM »
Ha, that'd be awesome if I played Wow. But I do not. (Partly cause my laptop could not handle it...since it can't handle AoE Online, and Sims 3{and most likely Sims 2} and also cause it causes too much.)

Soul is really excited for when Diablo III comes out, and when it does...I probably won't be seeing him anywhere else but his computer for a few months at the very least. lol. Maybe in the future I'll play it, after I get a new laptop.