Author Topic: Diablo III Info  (Read 30613 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Diablo III Info
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 01:20:14 PM »
Blizzard is giving WoW players who sign a year contract to play WoW a free copy of Diablo 3 when it comes out. Woot.
They are also giving people who buy the Diablo III Collector's Edition an extra 4 months. So, I guess, if you get the "Annual Pass" (which gives you a free copy of Diablo III) and then buy the Collector's Edition on top of that you get a total of 16 months of WoW.

I so don't give a fuck about WoW, but I'm going to get the DIII Collector's Edition for Throbblefoot so her characters can have those Tyrael wings in-game. I'll just get the standard DIII for myself.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
lol, yeah. But I figure since I would be paying for the year either way that I might as well get something else out of it.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline KapitaninKatze

• SilberKatze
  • Living Life like we'll all die Tomorrow.
    • MSN Messenger - foxie_kittin@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jenna_benedict704@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Ama Gi Society
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 09:56:04 PM »
How much is the Wow + the full year anyways? And then, How much is the 4 months, and of course...Diablo III? My main question is...is it really worth the price? (I guess if you already have WoW it is, but what if..you don't?)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 11:27:27 AM »
If you don't, it's probably not worth it.

The game + all expansions is around 70 bucks. The monthly payment depends on your plan. (I pay every six months.) Overall, my wow bill is 155.88 a year. For me, the price is worth it because I get into the beta, get a free mount (that could cost 25 dollars if for sale.), and Diablo 3. Because either way I would be paying the 155 because I play WoW anyways.

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 11:54:30 AM »
How much is the Wow + the full year anyways? And then, How much is the 4 months, and of course...Diablo III? My main question is...is it really worth the price? (I guess if you already have WoW it is, but what if..you don't?)

It's just a gimmick to slow the bleeding.

C'mon, brand new game; a game we, Diablo Fans, have been waiting for for years. And you just GIVE it away?!

I would NOT recommend doing it if you don't see yourself playing *cough*paying*cough* [for] WoW for at least 12months.

PS: Watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8vRysaOM4&feature=youtu.be

Brought me to find this out about Mists of Pandaria.

http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandaria-talent-calculator#l

WTF, 20 talents (per tree) was STILL too hard?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:26:44 PM by Ivon »
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »
It's just a gimmick to slow the bleeding.

C'mon, brand new game; a game we, Diablo Fans, have been waiting for for years. And you just GIVE it away?!

I would NOT recommend doing it if you don't see yourself playing *cough*paying*cough* [for] WoW for at least 12months.

PS: Watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8vRysaOM4&feature=youtu.be

Brought me to find this out about Mists of Pandaria.

http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandaria-talent-calculator#l

WTF, 20 talents (per tree) was STILL too hard?

Oh shit. I had been seeing shit in guild chat about the talent tree update, but never paid attention to it. That looks retarded...

Offline KapitaninKatze

• SilberKatze
  • Living Life like we'll all die Tomorrow.
    • MSN Messenger - foxie_kittin@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jenna_benedict704@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Ama Gi Society
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 07:12:30 AM »
If you don't, it's probably not worth it.

The game + all expansions is around 70 bucks. The monthly payment depends on your plan. (I pay every six months.) Overall, my wow bill is 155.88 a year. For me, the price is worth it because I get into the beta, get a free mount (that could cost 25 dollars if for sale.), and Diablo 3. Because either way I would be paying the 155 because I play WoW anyways.

Hmm. Now if I had Wow, I would do that. And we probably won't be buying two copies of Diablo III anyways. Probably have one for years and years, and then I MIGHT find it at a garage sale or something for very cheap and get it....Otherwise...I'll be lucky to actually play it. Soul will get it though, and he's been very excited. (He has alot of games on his List, and this one...is probably at the top, or very close to the top)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 09:57:18 AM »

Hmm. Now if I had Wow, I would do that. And we probably won't be buying two copies of Diablo III anyways. Probably have one for years and years, and then I MIGHT find it at a garage sale or something for very cheap and get it....Otherwise...I'll be lucky to actually play it. Soul will get it though, and he's been very excited. (He has alot of games on his List, and this one...is probably at the top, or very close to the top)

That is because D3 will be the best game ever!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 11:16:28 AM »
It is at the top of my list.

Seriously, I can't wait for the new Assassin's Creed: Revelations, I'm so hyped about that shit, nor can I wait for Saints Row the Third, or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3, Mass Effect 3, etc. etc. and so many of them are coming next month.... but seriously, if I had to, I would let them all disappear from reality and never play any them ever just so I could play Diablo 3. That's how "top of my list" it is.

...As long as it doesn't suck. LOL

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »
I've been playing in the Beta and it seems pretty cool.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »
I've been trying to snag a deal preordering the collector's edition, but it isn't happening. I'd buy it at full price if it wasn't out of stock on Newegg. Walmart has it though, so that's most likely where I'll be getting it, since all of the one's on Amazon are over $200 for some reason.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »
What comes with the collector's edition?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 03:27:07 PM »
What comes with the collector's edition?
Consider this, Throbble and I have been playing Diablo 2 since the beta we still have all our original characters (3 full accounts for me 2 for Throbble).

So we should be the first people to jump on the Diablo III Collectors Edition right?

Let's take a look (not including the actual game which is listed first):

DIABLO SKULL AND 4GB USB SOULSTONE (with Diablo II and Diablo II: LoD)
Uh, first, I'm going out to buy an 8GB USB stick for $20 this afternoon and it doesn't come with a big hunk of useless crap (the "base") to take up space on my desk. Also, why would I need another copy of Diablo II?

EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME CONTENT
Here we go! Now we are getting somewhere...

Diablo III - Aesthetic Artifacts
"Call forth glowing angel wings, unfurl an exclusive banner sigil, and dye your armor sets with the Bottled Cloud or Bottled Smoke items."
  • Angel wings... nah, never liked Tyrael (I just don't trust him) and I certainly don't want to look like a Tyrael wanna-be.
  • Banner sigil? Pass, sigils (or any aesthetic content) that must be earned will always be more impressive than the ones that can just be bought.
  • Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke dyes. <- This one is my favorite.  *Sarcasmed!*
    If you look on the dye page the icons and flavor text imply that those two dyes have some kind of added graphic effect. However, Blizzard has confirmed that this isn't the case and the dyes have since been renamed "Pale" and "Rogue".
World of Warcraft - Fetish Shaman Pet
Never had WoW, never will.

StarCraft II - Battle.net Portraits
"Display your status as a hero of the mortal realms with an exclusive army decal and three Diablo-themed Battle.net portraits."
OK, that doesn't make any sense, are they Diablo-themed or StarCraft-themed. One of the portraits looks like an elf from WoW.

BEHIND THE SCENES BLU-RAY/DVD SET
I don't need to see a bunch of greasy, pale geeks explaining how they made the game I'm playing.

THE ART OF DIABLO III & DIABLO III SOUNDTRACK
Because who wouldn't prefer to look at pictures and listen to the soundtrack of a video game instead of playing it.

With the way the new Battle.net is set up Throbble and I don't even need the game DVD. We both already have D3 installed and ready to go the minute the D3 servers come up.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 04:57:31 PM »
Same here, I got it when available. I was just curious. :D

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2012, 05:07:44 PM »
Here is a 30 second TV spot that the folks at Blizzard posted to battle.net:

Diablo III Evil is Back TV Spot

There was also an announcement that there would be a TV commercial for Diablo III during the new Family Guy tonight. Can't find a link to it right now.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »
Saw that commercial on tv this morning. I was talking with my dad while he had the tv on and seen it play.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »
The final "reveal" has been... uh, revealed!

Check out the 6 min 43 sec animated video called "Wrath" on the Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise launch site.

Direct link to YouTube (requires YouTube account)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:31:07 PM by 420 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2012, 09:33:35 AM »
WARNIG: POSSIBLE SPOILER!

No idea what this is, just stumbled on it while waiting for the D3 servers to come back up after a two-hour maintenance (again).
Whimsyshire, Where Dreams Come True (Diablo 3 Cow Level)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2012, 10:13:05 PM »
Well the game's graphics are pretty much broken for me.  Already found a thread with people who own older AMD/ATI cards complaining.  I think AMD is aware of the issue and hopefully (probably not) the 12.5 drivers due out soon will address this.  Video cards should really be sold with expiration dates....

Also I still can't get over how you can't control your character with the keyboard...

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2012, 11:10:57 PM »
Also I still can't get over how you can't control your character with the keyboard...
Guess Throbble, Cuchulann, and I have a bit of an advantage because we never stopped playing Diablo II.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2012, 11:28:05 AM »
I rolled back into the control scheme like I never quit using it.

The *only* thing throwing me off at this point is that both Diablo and NWN have a "show items on ground" type of button, and I am so used to NWN that I get confused when it's not highlighting every object I can interact with and only the items on the ground. I'm usually thinking... "Shit! I forgot this goddamn alt key won't show me where the hidden shit is... bah!"

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2012, 11:56:17 PM »
Guess Throbble, Cuchulann, and I have a bit of an advantage because we never stopped playing Diablo II.

I'm not...I havent' played Diablo since the first game XD

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2012, 03:16:03 AM »

Or anyone's that use to play Lineage II (keyboard control in that sucks)

@SS

Ya, in beta it would highlight all, guess they wanted it "harder" :P

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 03:21:50 AM »
The *only* thing throwing me off at this point is that both Diablo and NWN have a "show items on ground" type of button, and I am so used to NWN that I get confused when it's not highlighting every object I can interact with and only the items on the ground. I'm usually thinking... "Shit! I forgot this goddamn alt key won't show me where the hidden shit is... bah!"

Hehe, I had that problem all the time when switching from D2 to NWN, Is it TAB or ALT? Also I got frustrated by the fact that Diablo did not rotate when I dragged the mouse to the edge of the screen.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2012, 07:22:41 PM »
[Removes Post]

Fuck it. Can't even paste basic ASCII characters here so this will have to do:
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that as of the first 24 hours of Diablo III's release, more than 3.5 million copies had been sold, setting the new all-time record for fastest-selling PC game.

and
As of the first week of the game's availability, that number had already grown to more than 6.3 million.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:29:52 PM by 420 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2012, 10:31:01 AM »
Major game balance patch coming:

Game Design Update (May 28, 2012)

Most of it addresses the nerfs made in the recent hotfix, Diablo III Hotfixes - May (Updated 5/23/12), as well as detailing Blizzard's plans for upcoming hotfixes and patches. There is also some minor info on the upcoming PvP system.

What I found most interesting were the comments on balancing Inferno difficulty, lowering crafting costs, and buffing legendary item mods. (In general, legendary items will be buffed but the changes will not be retroactive so don't worry if a legendary item hasn't dropped for you yet as the older ones will soon be outdated.)

EDIT: Patch 1.02 is being applied right now.

EDIT EDIT: 1.0.2 Patch Notes
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:42:56 PM by 420 »

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2012, 02:03:03 PM »
Wonder if the PVP will be like the dreaded PVP of D2 :o

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2012, 11:59:28 AM »
Patch 1.0.3 Design Preview

Some interesting changes:

Top tier items (iLevel up to 63) will now have a chance to drop in any act in Inferno difficulty. (Previously they only dropped in acts 3 and 4.)

Also, save up your gems people! The costs for upgrading gems will drop dramatically!

Example:
Gem Quality Flawed
Previous Cost 3 Chipped + 500 gold
New Cost 2 Chipped + 10 gold

Gem Quality Flawless Square
Previous Cost 3 Square + 20,000 gold + 2 Tomes
New Cost 2 square + 100 gold + 2 Tomes

Other things include nerfing creatures in Inferno difficulty Acts 2-4, nerfing IAS (Increased Attack Speed item mod), and making repairs on high level items 4x to 6x more expensive (to discourage item farming by continuous death).

Plans for the 1.1 patch include adjusting a number of class skills.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »
Blizzard announced that web based Diablo III "Character Profiles Coming Soon".

Soon we'll be able to discuss builds and brag about our equipment more efficiently.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2012, 11:00:03 AM »
The Official Diablo III Game Guide has been updated with a ton of new information.

Loot-hoarders and demon-slayers, take note: our Diablo III Game Guide on Battle.net has been hit with a volley of new information. Today's update includes:

• a complete roster of all current monster affixes
  • a new game difficulty page. The page includes a chart demonstrating how monster resistances to crowd control scale in higher difficulty levels.
  • information about the difference between dual-wielding and two-handed weapons
  • the hidden workings of Magic Find
  • details on health globe drop rates
  • a list of emotes and commands

Several more videos of (unruned) skills are also available in the skills sections of each class page:
Barbarian

Cleave
Leap
Demon Hunter

Entangling Shot
Monk

Lashing Tail Kick
Witch Doctor

Summon Zombie Dogs
Wizard

Arcane Orb
Wave of Force