<< < (2/22) > >>

Mo:

--- Quote ---(follow your heart! :P)

[snapback]37256[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

...hopeless romantic at work....

:D

420:
Wait, are you in Bosnia or Belgium? If you are in the Belgium, how are the waffles?

I agree with what has been said so far:

If you feel that way do something about it. Don't just sit around stressing yourself out, see if you can get the relationship to go somewhere.

Fling with some jerk from the U.S.? No problem, that will be over soon enough.

Razor Blade:

--- Quote ---Wait, are you in Bosnia or Belgium? If you are in the Belgium, how are the waffles?

I agree with what has been said so far:

If you feel that way do something about it. Don't just sit around stressing yourself out, see if you can get the relationship to go somewhere.

Fling with some jerk from the U.S.? No problem, that will be over soon enough.

[snapback]37261[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

I'm in belgium now, i'm originated from bosnia I go two times in a year to bosnia during summer and during the last weeks of december when it's newyear.

I don't know i don't like waffles....

I will do smt about it, I will when I go back to bosnia, I don't know if it will be possible to go in December now cuz i just graduated and if I find work it won't be possible because I have to save up (save up "vacation days" not money, money I have i'm still working in the restaurant that I had when I was a student) to take a long holiday in the summer....

Soul Sojourner:
I agree with most of the advice here as well, except for these two things:

--- Quote ---*Long distance relationships don't work.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Long distance relationships just dont work.
--- End quote ---
Now, I agree that long distance relationships that are carried on for too long will eventually fail, if there are not enough visits... and they are completely fucked if there's not enough communication. But I do not agree that long distance relationships are bound to fail just because they are long distance, I think they could last for some time, at least, before ultimately ending in failure. But, the failure itself can be prevented, if the relationship can stay sturdy for long enough for you to do something about the distance.

I say this, because I have had a girlfriend for about a year and a quarter of another, living about 650 miles from me (Believe it or not, exactly 666 miles from my house to where she was living, according to google earth), before we did something about the distance, and now she's living with me and we're engaged to get married come April.

So, I think long distance relationships CAN work, just not forever... you have to do something about the distance before it's too late, but it doesn't have to be immediate.

My advice is to call her, right now. Or don't call at all and drop it, like Talon said.

Razor Blade:

--- Quote ---I agree with most of the advice here as well, except for these two things:

--- Quote ---*Long distance relationships don't work.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Long distance relationships just dont work.
--- End quote ---
Now, I agree that long distance relationships that are carried on for too long will eventually fail, if there are not enough visits... and they are completely fucked if there's not enough communication. But I do not agree that long distance relationships are bound to fail just because they are long distance, I think they could last for some time, at least, before ultimately ending in failure. But, the failure itself can be prevented, if the relationship can stay sturdy for long enough for you to do something about the distance.

I say this, because I have had a girlfriend for about a year and a quarter of another, living about 650 miles from me (Believe it or not, exactly 666 miles from my house to where she was living, according to google earth), before we did something about the distance, and now she's living with me and we're engaged to get married come April.

So, I think long distance relationships CAN work, just not forever... you have to do something about the distance before it's too late, but it doesn't have to be immediate.

My advice is to call her, right now. Or don't call at all and drop it, like Talon said.
[snapback]37266[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Yeah see I had this same idea.

Long distance relationships are hard but they aren't impossible I personally think that long distance relationships are more intresting because you both don't see eachother that much and when you do, you tend to spend the time with eachother more intimitly.
It's not the same when you are together with a girl that's close to you, you then see eachother more times and after a time you get the feeling like "been there done that" while when you are together with someone that's living further and when you see eachother it's more of a feeling that you really missed her and can't wait to spend time with her.
Offcourse you can't make this last forever and you do have to do something before it's too late so yeah, but I was planning this.

Allright I didn't call her but I did send her a message ( right after reading Talon's reply and she said that she's happy i didn't forget her :)), I can't call her just to the fact that's really expensive Bosnia is a country that's recovering from a war it's had, while Bosnia is fairly cheap when you are on vacation there, the calls to there are really expensive.
But in due time i'm going to make calls offcourse but for now we are just going to hear from eachother via sms.

And I didn't see anyone say here about the age? I mean for me it's no problem for the age i'm 21 she's 26.
I made peace with it, but I get the feeling that for her that is the problem.
What do you guys think about the age? and any suggestions how I should tell her that it isn't a problem?

BTW congratulations on the engagment Hell!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version