Author Topic: Off Topic Entertainment  (Read 16798 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« on: September 02, 2007, 06:55:04 PM »
I watched elfen lied between veoh and youtube, and for some really odd reason most episodes were spanish dubbed on veoh, theres english dub aswell.
[snapback]37212[/snapback]
I really think you should sign up on Heartless Angel, Tyreal. I think you'd fit right in there, we have alot of stuff about games, anime, and movies. :)

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 07:12:20 PM »
Tyreal
[snapback]37217[/snapback]
After all this time, you still get my name wrong :P... guess you have no reading comprehension at all  :lol: !!

About Chard's site... ill join...  when im not lazy to do so :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 07:15:18 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 10:04:38 PM »
I love it when people jump every time I make a typo, while they are making 10x as many typos, if not more, than myself. And usually half of their typos are just poor spelling and not actual typos.

I wouldn't have bothered saying that if it didn't happen alot to begin with (well, not 'alot' per se, as I don't make too many typos, but when I do make them and they are noticed by someone, it will happen about 90% of the time...).

Alright, well, whatever, I just thought you'd fit in real good there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 10:05:38 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Chard!

Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 01:38:48 AM »
Tyreal... Tyrael... Does it really matter? =D

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 10:02:49 AM »
YES!!!!

A lot of people like hell, seem to have eye problems or something :P

That would be like the 12715274152745 time someone writes Tyreal and i hate it cos it sounds geysh.  :angry:

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 10:07:43 AM »
actually for myself I woudn't count if someone writes my name wrong be it my real name or nickname....

For example Chard spells my nickname as RazorBlade, while it's Razor Blade but wtv not a big of deal right Tyreal?
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 11:01:04 AM »
YES!!!!

A lot of people like hell, seem to have eye problems or something :P

That would be like the 12715274152745 time someone writes Tyreal and i hate it cos it sounds geysh.  :angry:
[snapback]37227[/snapback]

The only problem is that your name is unpronounceable and doesnt seem to have structure in any of the languages I understand.
Its like me saying my name is lkUYLwjlkgdfkgd and expecting you to spell it correctly.

*EDIT*
It appears Tyrael is a character from diablo - and is pronounced "Tear-ial", which could certainly be written as Tyreal, but NOT as Tyrael. Then again, maybe the other characters in diablo couldnt pronounce his name either (or it was a spelling mistake).
By the way the name I mentioned "lkUYLwjlkgdfkgd" is pronounced "his awesomeness"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 11:16:27 AM by Talon »

Chard!

Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 11:31:23 AM »
I just think RazorBlade looks way more awesome then the seperated version. =)

On a random side note: I always felt like calling Talon; Bruce Wayne.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 12:54:57 PM »
*EDIT*
It appears Tyrael is a character from diablo
[snapback]37230[/snapback]
Correct, Tyrael is the angel who, along with Deckard Cain, created the soul stones in order to allow the three Prime Evils (Hate, Terror and Destruction) to permanently manifest in the physical world. They are also responsible for destroying the only defenses the world had against the Prime Evils, the Horodrim mages and the World Stone, source of all magic.

To this day everyone thinks they are the good guys.

Oh and just so this isn't off-topic: Anime sucks.

Chard!

Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 01:25:56 PM »
Don't tempt me into a fanboy frenzy. =)

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
In the Spanish version of Diablo II, its written Tyrael and pronounced Tyrael in the cinematics, so Talon i know you know some spanish so you should know everything is pronounced as its written, theres no odd pronunciations :P.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 05:45:48 PM »
In the Spanish version of Diablo II, its written Tyrael and pronounced Tyrael in the cinematics, so Talon i know you know some spanish so you should know everything is pronounced as its written, theres no odd pronunciations :P.
[snapback]37238[/snapback]

In the english version, the one the game was written in, its pronounced tyreal.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »
In the english version, the one the game was written in, its pronounced tyreal.
[snapback]37241[/snapback]
I was going to make a post when I read his post saying damn near the same thing as yours. You got to it first! :lol:

It's true, Tyr. And every time I look at your name it sounds like "Tyreal" in my head, because I've played Diablo 2 and know how they pronounce it, so it's not surprising I accidentally typed it how it sounds.

Correct, Tyrael is the angel who, along with Deckard Cain, created the soul stones in order to allow the three Prime Evils (Hate, Terror and Destruction) to permanently manifest in the physical world. They are also responsible for destroying the only defenses the world had against the Prime Evils, the Horodrim mages and the World Stone, source of all magic.

To this day everyone thinks they are the good guys.

Oh and just so this isn't off-topic: Anime sucks.

Why did you explain that?

Did you know Mephisto's little revelation in (I think it's the third cinematic, maybe fourth? Been awhile) where he meets in the Zakarum temple place (I think, like I said, it's been awhile) with his younger brothers, is actually a modified version of a revelation from the bible. I remember finding it in the bible once after having played the game for so long... Mephisto's version is better. That was my favorite cinematic.

I just think RazorBlade looks way more awesome then the seperated version. =)

On a random side note: I always felt like calling Talon; Bruce Wayne.
I agree, it does look kinda koolisher that way!

I always think of Bruce something, it's because of his avatar.

P.S. Off-topic discussions spawned from valid ones, rock!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 07:32:47 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 08:27:19 PM »
Yes, its just that the english ppl has that messed up pronunciation :P, its actually written Tyrael in the english version too, but i watched the video of the D2 intro in youtube and they do say somethin like Tyreal/ Tyrial. But well english completely the opposite than spanish.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 08:29:06 PM »
Yes, its just that the english ppl has that messed up pronunciation :P, its actually written Tyrael in the english version too, but i watched the video of the D2 intro in youtube and they do say somethin like Tyreal/ Tyrial. But well english completely the opposite than spanish.
[snapback]37246[/snapback]
English is not the opposite of spanish. It even contains some spanish words, and words that are based off of spanish words! Actually, it has words from many, many, different languages.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 12:37:07 AM »
Hell you dont know shit about spanish so shut up :P, having words from other languages doesnt matter at all, its the whole language structure what matters.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 12:38:38 PM »
Hell you dont know shit about spanish so shut up :P, having words from other languages doesnt matter at all, its the whole language structure what matters.
[snapback]37254[/snapback]
I believe what HeLL was trying to say was that the English language is largely based on Latin, as is Spanish.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 03:20:46 PM »
I believe what HeLL was trying to say was that the English language is largely based on Latin, as is Spanish.

[snapback]37260[/snapback]
Aye, something like that, thank you.

Tyrael, go... fuck a duck! :lol:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 03:21:06 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 08:27:39 PM »
As i said those are only the words... the sentence order are quite the opposite, and the pronunciation is completely different.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 09:34:55 PM »
Well, let me put it this way. You once claimed German was the opposite of Spanish, now English is the opposite of Spanish, but since English isn't German, they both can't be the opposite.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 12:47:12 AM »
the sentence order are quite the opposite
[snapback]37283[/snapback]
Not really, other than adjectives coming after nouns you can pretty much translate a sentence directly between Spanish and English. In fact there are even a few cases in English where the adjective comes after the noun. See below for an example.

Have you ever heard the term "Spanglish"? It's pretty much switching back and forth between Spanish and English while speaking (or in a rap song). I don't think that two languages can be that interchangeable if they were different enough to call "opposite".

From BBC World Service: (Hench the meter/kilometer nonsense.)
    *  The fence around the estate was three metres high, thirty-five kilometres long and one hundred and twenty years old.
    * This place doesnâ??t look very promising, but letâ??s try and find somewhere nice for dinner.
    * I couldnâ??t find anything interesting on the television so I had an early night.
    * Thereâ??s somebody outside who wants to speak to you. Shall I let him in?
    * Nobody present at the meeting was able to offer me any useful advice.
Now I would say that English, which is basically a combination Germanic, Latin and Old French, is very closely related to Spanish as compared to say, a language that uses logograms and a tonal language such as Chinese.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 07:34:45 PM »
Actually, in most schools around here, Spanish classes are the most popular language class, one reason is said to be that students have an easier time understanding the language in comparison to other language programs.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 07:36:12 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 08:53:43 PM »
Not really, other than adjectives coming after nouns you can pretty much translate a sentence directly between Spanish and English. In fact there are even a few cases in English where the adjective comes after the noun. See below for an example.

Have you ever heard the term "Spanglish"? It's pretty much switching back and forth between Spanish and English while speaking (or in a rap song). I don't think that two languages can be that interchangeable if they were different enough to call "opposite".

From BBC World Service: (Hench the meter/kilometer nonsense.)

Now I would say that English, which is basically a combination Germanic, Latin and Old French, is very closely related to Spanish as compared to say, a language that uses logograms and a tonal language such as Chinese.

[snapback]37298[/snapback]

Just because theres a few sentences that are not the opposite doesnt mean there arent, the pronunciation its still completely different ( i still cant understand it properly if its talked fast), after having learned it i would say that english is not any close to spanish, it may have a very few words derived from spanish, but about 80%(or even more) of the words arent any close to their spanish translation nor pronunciation.

Actually, in most schools around here, Spanish classes are the most popular language class, one reason is said to be that students have an easier time understanding the language in comparison to other language programs.
[snapback]37317[/snapback]

Actually i cant be arsed for most of the things you say because about 90% of the times you just reply cos your bored and most of the times you dont really know shit, :P.

Actually german should be way easier to learn than spanish, aswell as english is easier for germans.
I dont know any single german that doesnt know english and i live on a tourist island its like full of germans almost the whole year, and a few more that came to live here.
I worked as a tourist guide last summer and i work on a travel agency now, so ive met a lot of them and since i dont know german i always ask if they know english... none of them has ever said no.

But if you ask a spanish guy if they know english or german like 80% of the answers would be no...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 10:31:31 PM »
They teach English in alot of German schools too, probably most or all of them (that would be my guess), because it's such a popular language that is used internationally.

Actually i cant be arsed for most of the things you say because about 90% of the times you just reply cos your bored and most of the times you dont really know shit
Or it's because you can't understand half of what I say, and don't really know shit yourself. Ahah! :P

Alot of people around here speak both Spanish and English, and tons of people I know personally at least know a portion of the Spanish language... because it's taught alot up here, and we get alot of Mexicans coming up here.

I think I'm seeing a pattern... alot of English speaking people learning spanish because the schools teach it  and it's around alot (and only as an elective believe it or not!), and alot of German speaking people learning English because the schools teach it and it's around alot... wait a minute...

Do you even understand that? No? Ah, I expected as much... your Spanish... English is too hard for you... at least, that's how you say it is. So I can understand why you don't get it... I guess. :lol:

But if you ask a spanish guy if they know english or german like 80% of the answers would be no...
How about asking a Mexican guy? Oh, and can you site the source of those statistics... or is it just confined to the Spanish people you know and/or have asked and base the statistic off of personal experience?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 10:32:22 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 11:37:10 PM »
I said spanish not mexican, mexicans talk is like a mess up of spanish :P, and most surely know english.

And i said it for personal experience, in all the years of school, from the start through the end of it, no1 liked english because it was too hard for them, i though it was only where i live but while studying abroad i found out that was exactly the same, only about 3 people out of 35 would pass english, and then while playing online games only 2 out of 10 could speak english (if they actually try to play on an english server).

And come on, the language teaching in schools suck, everyone can learn that cos its only about 1/4 of the real matter, i know that myself because the english classes were almost the same every year even in the year b4 university, i think most ppl couldnt pass english just because they hated it... just like i hated maths :P.

And i do understand all the crap you say, but its just that your reading comprehension its even worse than my english :P.

Because i didnt say english was hard for me, but for most people is.

This was all your fault because your reading comprehension sucks and you typed my name wrong!!, look what you have done!! :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 01:44:37 AM »
I said spanish not mexican, mexicans talk is like a mess up of spanish, and most surely know english.
[snapback]37327[/snapback]
It's one thing to quote bogus statistics based on your own narrow world-view but it's quite another thing when you start insulting the language of an entire race of people. I'll admit that Mexican Spanish is very different than European Spanish however the same can be said about European French and Canadian French. They may be different dialects but to label one as a "mess up" of the other is just culturally insensitive.

Also, I'm not sure why you assume that most Mexicans speak English. Many of the Mexicans living and working in California don't know any English whatsoever. As for the Germans, I found very few of them spoke any English at all, apart from the merchants, when I was in Stuttgart.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:57:11 AM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 03:11:06 AM »
I said spanish not mexican, mexicans talk is like a mess up of spanish :P, and most surely know english.

And i said it for personal experience, in all the years of school, from the start through the end of it, no1 liked english because it was too hard for them, i though it was only where i live but while studying abroad i found out that was exactly the same, only about 3 people out of 35 would pass english, and then while playing online games only 2 out of 10 could speak english (if they actually try to play on an english server).

And come on, the language teaching in schools suck, everyone can learn that cos its only about 1/4 of the real matter, i know that myself because the english classes were almost the same every year even in the year b4 university, i think most ppl couldnt pass english just because they hated it... just like i hated maths :P.

And i do understand all the crap you say, but its just that your reading comprehension its even worse than my english :P.

Because i didnt say english was hard for me, but for most people is.

This was all your fault because your reading comprehension sucks and you typed my name wrong!!, look what you have done!! :P
[snapback]37327[/snapback]
Uhh...

So... how about these new statistics? How did you come up with those ones? Did you conduct a survey? :lol:

Really? Hmm... Okay, cause, I could have sworn you said something about English being difficult to learn by itself... now it's just because it's not taught properly? Well... that's alot different from it being a difficult transition in language speaking... So all those people actually just hate it and that's why they're not learning it? Or is it because it's hard? What story are you going with now?

You understand the crap I say? Obviously not. I've said nothing about crap, that was you.

You didn't say English was hard for you, huh? Well geeze, you sure made it sound like that was part of the reason you type like shit in previous threads... did you change your mind? Most people, eh? 420 isn't having much trouble, I'm not, ask Mo if he is... How many people are in the world? How many do you consider to be most?

I recommended you join a site, all conflict and/or argumentative discussion thereafter was originally initiated by you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 03:12:07 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 09:41:44 AM »
Theyre all initiated by you, cos youre the most bored and always starting nonsense discussions.

All those reasons are valid, it wasnt taught properly so i learned it myself but unlike others i like english... doesnt mean one reason negates another, you dont know spanish yourself, so you dont even have the right to judge if its easy or hard when youre just sitting your fatty ass in front of the pc talking nonsense stuff and replying to everything just because youre bored, enough said...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 09:45:33 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 02:40:34 PM »
Theyre all initiated by you, cos youre the most bored and always starting nonsense discussions.

All those reasons are valid, it wasnt taught properly so i learned it myself but unlike others i like english... doesnt mean one reason negates another, you dont know spanish yourself, so you dont even have the right to judge if its easy or hard when youre just sitting your fatty ass in front of the pc talking nonsense stuff and replying to everything just because youre bored, enough said...
[snapback]37330[/snapback]
I disagree.
After all this time, you still get my name wrong :P... guess you have no reading comprehension at all  :lol: !!
This looks 100% like a conflict initiated by you. Bitching about a typing error in your name.

It's not that one reason negates the other, it's that you're head's so far up your ass you can't stick to a single story.

I don't have the right? I have the right to do whatever the fuck I want within my own capabilities, no matter what the repurcussions or opinions of others.

If you want to say I have no right to judge that, then you have no right to judge whether or not I have the right. Judgement is human nature, we judge distance, time, quality, and taste, etc; that is our perception. Perception is based on the individual. You may disagree, but that's tough shit; you won't be changing my mind. So you think I talk all nonsense, that's fine, you can think that... but what the fuck are you going to do about it? Keep replying so I can  continue? Wow... smart.  :rolleyes: :lol:

To further your stupidity you continue to attempt the use of an insult on me that somebody else had come up with, obviously unable to think of your own. :lol:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic Entertainment
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 03:33:20 PM »
I have the right to do whatever the fuck I want within my own capabilities, no matter what the repurcussions or opinions of others.
[snapback]37337[/snapback]
Not exactly. For example, contrary to popular belief, driving a motor vehicle on a public road isn't a right, it is a privilege granted by the state government regardless of your capability to do so.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 03:34:58 PM by 420 »