Author Topic: .:Bioshock:.  (Read 15976 times)

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
.:Bioshock:.
« on: August 29, 2007, 11:40:21 AM »
BIO[/span][span style=\'color:blue\']SHOCK

BioShock takes place in an alternate-reality 1950s, in which some segment of humankind nestled itself far underwater in some utopian sea lab. However, the sea lab begins to crumble, even as genetic mutation brings the populace of the place to the brink of extinction, or at least, complete metamorphosis. The object is simple: Escape!

After your plane crashes into icy uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an idealistic society for a hand picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, the idealism is no more. Now the city is littered with corpses, wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors as little girls loot the dead, and genetically mutated citizens ambush you at every turn.

Features:

â?¢  Take control of your world by hacking mechanical devices, commandeering security turrets and crafting unique items critical to your very survival.

â?¢ Upgrade your weapons with ionic gels, explosives and toxins to customize them to the enemy and environment.

â?¢ Genetically modify your body through dozens of Plasmid Stations scattered throughout the city, empowering you with fantastic and often grotesque abilities.

â?¢ Explore a living world powered by Ecological A.I., where the inhabitants have interesting and consequential relationships with one another that impact your gameplay experience.

â?¢ Experience truly next generation graphics that vividly illustrate the forlorn art deco city, highlighted by the most detailed and realistic water effects ever developed in a video game.

â?¢ Make meaningful choices and mature decisions, ultimately culminating in the grand question: do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture...or save them?

Screenshot:
[attachmentid=1275]

Demo:
Click Here

So, who has played this beast? I have to say, for a demo.. I'm exeedingly impressed. The graphics are amazing and the story is very unique. The mixture of 1940's music and exessive violence is fantastic. The water effects are amazing, all in all the game just rocks so far. Few other things I want to blab on about but I would rather not spoil it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 11:43:30 AM by Xen »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 12:55:12 PM »
I should be getting this from Amazon for my birthday (Thanks Throbble!).

The demo is really fun, but be prepared for the 2 gig download. The demo takes you through the beginning of the game, you can get a couple plasmids and a few weapons. The graphics are really incredible.

The only potential problem is that Bioshock uses a form of SecuROM that only allows the game to be installed twice. How they do this however is a fucking mystery to me but I fear it may not run on my computer because it seems to choke on any game using SecuROM.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:51:25 PM »
The only potential problem is that Bioshock uses a form of SecuROM that only allows the game to be installed twice. How they do this however is a fucking mystery to me but I fear it may not run on my computer because it seems to choke on any game using SecuROM.

[snapback]37101[/snapback]

Wow DRM lameness to the max. I'll check the demo out then I'll download the crack from demonoid.  SecuROM my ass.  This crap only hurts people who legitimately buy the stuff.  People who want to pirate it will do so.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 07:52:57 PM by Mo »

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 08:07:02 PM »
People who want to pirate it will do so. [snapback]37105[/snapback]
You can write that on the wall - a poorly-built lock only inconveniences honest people; it never hurts a thief.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »
You can write that on the wall - a poorly-built lock only inconveniences honest people; it never hurts a thief.

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]37106[/snapback]
Hahaha, nice.

Aye, SecuRom is an easy bypass, even without a typical crack.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 09:21:46 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 09:27:06 PM »
Aye, SecuRom is an easy bypass, even without a typical crack.
[snapback]37114[/snapback]

cool, can you guys bypass it then?
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 09:36:11 PM »
[snapback]37116[/snapback]
Didn't I just say that? :lol:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 10:05:16 PM »

Didn't I just say that?
[snapback]37117[/snapback]
I think he was expecting some details.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 10:25:26 PM »
Yeah, I know, I was being an asshole.

Hey, speaking of details...

You got a website or something, Xen. For the actual game, not the demo?

I am considering "obtaining" the game, and if I do, I'd like some requirements and what not. Just hopefully if I did get it and meet the requirements, that my *still* fucked up video card doesn't give me issues.

As for "wanted" details, rather than burning dvd's I trick my computer into thinking I have a dvd in, and play ISO's with a tool called "DAEMON Tools." It has features for bypassing cd security games and shit too, such as SecuROM. Been using it for some time, it's sweet as shit. I've considered making a large topic on a related subject, that may be something to look forward to if I actually do it, I just don't feel like it right now.

Fuck you, I'm playing Morrowind again, leave me alone.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 01:44:40 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 10:30:52 PM »
Bypass it? Hellfire! Can it just be removed with out messing anything up?
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 03:41:56 AM »
Removed without messing anything up? I could click twice and have my installation ready.

You could just download it...

It's only a re-install issue if you uninstall it with the cd, apparently. So you could simply download a crack... however... that's more work than what I'd do.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:42:31 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 08:17:47 AM »
Yeah, I know, I was being an asshole.

Hey, speaking of details...

You got a website or something, Xen. For the actual game, not the demo?

I am concidering "obtaining" the game, and if I do, I'd like some requirements and what not. Just hopefully if I did get it and meet the requirements, that my *still* fucked up video card doesn't give me issues.

As for "wanted" details, rather than burning dvd's I trick my computer into thinking I have a dvd in, and play ISO's with a tool called "DAEMON Tools." It has features for bypassing cd security games and shit too, such as SecuROM. Been using it for some time, it's sweet as shit. I've considered making a large topic on a related subject, that may be something to look forward to if I actually do it, I just don't feel like it right now.

Fuck you, I'm playing Morrowind again, leave me alone.
[snapback]37121[/snapback]

lol I know what Daemon tools is, I use it too it's indeed a sweet device, but I didn't know it can bypass secured dvd's...
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 06:44:13 PM »
Never had a problem with copy protection. Well thats a lie, there was one time, Starforce I believe. But that was easy too.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 07:39:27 PM »
lol I know what Daemon tools is, I use it too it's indeed a sweet device, but I didn't know it can bypass secured dvd's...
[snapback]37129[/snapback]
lol, run it, right click it's icon in the corner, scroll up to "emulation" and it should list:
Safedisc
Securom
Laserlock
RMPS

:D

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 09:23:33 PM »
lol, run it, right click it's icon in the corner, scroll up to "emulation" and it should list:
Safedisc
Securom
Laserlock
RMPS

:D
[snapback]37145[/snapback]

lololololol

sweet!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »
HeLL may be getting a little ahead of himself.

The same pirates who unleashed Tiger Woods 2008 on the illegal torrent scene before the game hit shelves have failed to do the same for one of the strongest contenders for 2007 game of the year. After over a week to hammer away at the copy protection, the PC version of Bioshock has yet to be cracked. The reasons why have stirred up old controversies and revealed what may be the beginning of the end for casual online piracy.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 10:12:49 PM »

[snapback]37149[/snapback]

lol thats funny.  Have you ever met a reverse engineer?  There's probably more people trying to crack these games than people who developed it, plus I can guarantee they are collectively smarter.

Until these games start checksuming every bit via a secure online server using quantum encryption you can be sure this will be cracked in due time.

Here's a funny quote from Demonoid about the game and waiting for the crack:

Posted by Ratio: 0.62Zashik 1 day ago  [ Complain ] [ Send PM ]
I couldn't w8 any longer and bought it for my 360... Fuck that shit, they won:)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 10:17:22 PM by Mo »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 10:22:05 PM »
Well they though the same with starforce... they even offered money to whoever cracked it, it just took a little longer. They found a workaround in just one week or so by unplugging the IDE drives, then it got completely cracked in a month or so, with just a simple crack and no need of unplugging stuff or any extra programs.

So with Biosock you can be sure it will get cracked aswell, give it a few weeks and crackers will find a workaround for sure.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 10:56:42 PM »
So with Biosock you can be sure it will get cracked aswell, give it a few weeks and crackers will find a workaround for sure.
[snapback]37152[/snapback]
By then I will have beaten the game and moved on to the next.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 11:28:57 PM »
SecuRom has already been cracked in different ways... has been for awhile now.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 12:17:12 AM »
I dont really care on single player games anymore anyways.
I do dl a lot of them but i never play them more than a few hours, even after waiting for FFXII for so long here, when i got it i barely played it for a few hours...

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 05:45:52 AM »

[snapback]37149[/snapback]
Baaaahahahahahaha, are they serious with that bull shit? I have it here, cracked. Did it myself and I suck with that kindof thing.

Piracy will ALWAYS exist, but people need to start buying what they like. I use it as a way to try a game before I dish out the dollars. Personaly, I like doing things this way as I dont like buying a game and finding out it wasnt worth a cent.

Chard!

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 08:59:14 AM »
See, this is what game magazines are for.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 11:51:58 AM »
I dont really care on single player games anymore anyways.
I do dl a lot of them but i never play them more than a few hours, even after waiting for FFXII for so long here, when i got it i barely played it for a few hours...
[snapback]37158[/snapback]

huh? FF XII didn't come out for pc I mean FF VIII was the last single player final fantasy game for the PC.

Offcourse you have the MMORPG FF but that's FF IX...

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 06:04:42 PM »
And of course you didnt though that i have a ps2 and FFXII right? or ps2 games dont count as single player? cmon what do you have in your head? xD

I dont have any FF for pc, i have all of them besides FF X-2 for ps and ps2 (from FFVII), oh and i dont have FFXI either, i tried to buy it but since theres no digital download, i couldnt be arsed... since that game is nowhere to be found in the little shop here xD.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 06:10:49 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 06:17:59 PM »
And of course you didnt though that i have a ps2 and FFXII right? or ps2 games dont count as single player? cmon what do you have in your head? xD

I dont have any FF for pc, i have all of them besides FF X-2 for ps and ps2 (from FFVII), oh and i dont have FFXI either, i tried to buy it but since theres no digital download, i couldnt be arsed... since that game is nowhere to be found in the little shop here xD.
[snapback]37171[/snapback]

offcourse i tought of ps2 but i didn't know you could download ps2 games from the internet that would work...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 07:27:19 PM »
Baaaahahahahahaha, are they serious with that bull shit? I have it here, cracked. Did it myself and I suck with that kindof thing.

Piracy will ALWAYS exist, but people need to start buying what they like. I use it as a way to try a game before I dish out the dollars. Personaly, I like doing things this way as I dont like buying a game and finding out it wasnt worth a cent.
[snapback]37159[/snapback]
lmao, no shit man, I agree. It doesn't take long for any software to be cracked if it's popular enough, and it doesn't usually take an expert to do it either, I've witnessed on several accounts people just learning how in the first place in a day or so, just to crack a game, and succeeding.

@420: How is an article about cracking BioShock the same as bypassing SecuRom? I don't recall mentioning anywhere anything about cracking BioShock, though if you'd asked, I'd probably tell you it's probably already been done, or if not, soon to be. The only thing I said that came close, was that "you could just download a crack." Which coincides with my previous statement.

@Chard: I wouldn't trust well the advertising of games nor the reviews/opinions of others (especially those whom you don't know) about games, a game magazine wouldn't cut it for me, I'd have to try it myself, like Xen said.

@Xen: True, it would be better in alot of ways if people just bought their shit... but everything is so over-fucking-priced these days...

@Mo: Aye, and access to cracks is also made pretty easy, especially by sites that say things like: "All cracks etc. provided are made solely for the purpose of creating back up versions of games you legally own." And make you agree to the shit and then let you in knowing damn well the majority of their visitors are there to pirate.

offcourse i tought of ps2 but i didn't know you could download ps2 games from the internet that would work...
Lmfao, seriously? Emulators and ISO's man... =D And... if by chance you can't burn your ISO's... with DAEMON Tools you're all set anyway, you don't need to burn em. =)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 12:54:09 AM »
@420: How is an article about cracking BioShock the same as bypassing SecuRom?
[snapback]37176[/snapback]
Your lack of reading comprehension makes it impossible for me to explain it to you.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 01:02:58 AM »
Bioshock has a very Deus Ex 2 meets Fallout vibe, very, very intriguing. I've been playing it for the last 12 hours or so.
[snapback]37179[/snapback]
I quote myself.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 01:04:14 AM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 02:13:06 AM »
Your lack of reading comprehension makes it impossible for me to explain it to you.

[snapback]37178[/snapback]
Nah, you just can't admit shit. :lol: