Author Topic: .:Bioshock:.  (Read 15971 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
.:Bioshock:.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 03:46:37 AM »
Nah, you just can't admit shit.
[snapback]37181[/snapback]
I can admit that this is off-topic and needs to be culled.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 05:39:58 AM »
offcourse i tought of ps2 but i didn't know you could download ps2 games from the internet that would work...
[snapback]37173[/snapback]

I actually dl ps2 games and play them on the ps2 :P the ps2 emulator sucks still
I use usbextreme, its just an HDD connected to ps2 via usb and you select the games you have on the hdd from a menu using the usbextreme DVD, theres also more ways.
and FFXII does work with that but actually i have it original.

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2007, 06:37:38 AM »
offcourse i tought of ps2 but i didn't know you could download ps2 games from the internet that would work...
Lmfao, seriously? Emulators and ISO's man... =D And... if by chance you can't burn your ISO's... with DAEMON Tools you're all set anyway, you don't need to burn em. =)

Offcourse I know about emulators, but I never have succeded in finding a PS2 emulator and running a FF game on it if you know one you'll have my undying gratidude.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 06:37:59 AM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Chard!

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2007, 08:45:10 AM »
Who the hell plays the newer FF games on emulators anyway? Final Fantasy deserves fucking better! The case is different when it comes to the older FF's though.

On topic: I really wanna play Bioshock but there's no way in hell a Sony-fanboy like me will buy a 360. Running it on my PC is out of the question too. Maybe one day I'll have to be a little more open when it comes to consoles.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2007, 09:48:39 AM »
I can admit that this is off-topic and needs to be culled.

[snapback]37183[/snapback]
Well I guess if you're so worried about being on topic you should stop making off-topic posts then.

I actually dl ps2 games and play them on the ps2 tongue.gif the ps2 emulator sucks still
I use usbextreme, its just an HDD connected to ps2 via usb and you select the games you have on the hdd from a menu using the usbextreme DVD, theres also more ways.
and FFXII does work with that but actually i have it original.
Pretty cool, man.

Offcourse I know about emulators, but I never have succeded in finding a PS2 emulator and running a FF game on it if you know one you'll have my undying gratidude.
Can't help you there. I found a PS 1 and 2 emulator awhile back that was really good, but I didn't use it much because I was too lazy to download the huge ISO files for alot of the games. Look around more, you should be able to find one.

On topic: I really wanna play Bioshock but there's no way in hell a Sony-fanboy like me will buy a 360. Running it on my PC is out of the question too. Maybe one day I'll have to be a little more open when it comes to consoles.
Ha, I usually limit myself to just my comp. So you're less limited than I am in that respect. I have been considering getting BioShock recently, but I recently started playing Morrowind again, and I know if I went and got another game I'd neglect my Morrowind game. ( I tend to leave alot of unfinished games.) So I'll probably wait, but I'm not sure if I can run it or not yet either, we'll see.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 09:48:59 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2007, 11:05:06 AM »
I don't know if it's allowed on this site but if someone gives me permission maybe a mod or someone else dunno, I found a torrent, tested and working it's a crack for bioshock...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 11:05:17 AM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2007, 11:44:09 AM »
[snapback]37186[/snapback]

Try PCSX2 a lot of ps2 games work on it if you have a good pc but dont expect high FPS though

I don't know if it's allowed on this site but if someone gives me permission maybe a mod or someone else dunno, I found a torrent, tested and working it's a crack for bioshock...
[snapback]37192[/snapback]

Dont think you can post that here, but anyways if anyone want to dl it im sure theyll find it anyways, or if some1 actually wants your torrent, you can always tell them through a PM.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2007, 01:06:20 PM »
Dont think you can post that here, [snapback]37194[/snapback]
Bing! Bing! Bing! Someone give that man a prize! Not posting torrents, please!

-Thrbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Chard!

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2007, 01:12:13 PM »
Okay then, Thrbblefoot. =P

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2007, 06:51:47 PM »
Im still waiting for my prize!! :P

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2007, 09:29:10 PM »
lol looks like I'm getting a copy of Bioshock for 50% off.  A friend of mine bought it but is getting rid of it after she found out that AVG thinks it's a rootkit.

2K is shooting themselves in the foot with this crazy DRM bullshit.  Didn't anyone learn from Sony...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2007, 01:42:15 AM »
[snapback]37192[/snapback]
Nope, it's not. Check the site rules it's in there, in case it's been so fucking long you've forgot them all. :lol: (Don't blame you at all. :lol: )

So anyway, you should send that to me... err... I mean you should definitely not send that to anyone and delete it from your own computer, cause ya'know... stuff like that is not morally... erm.. 'correct.' ...or something.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2007, 03:06:04 AM »
Chard, your prize is:
2 dozen plasmids
5 breeding pairs pf gizkas
A single chokobo
The Unique Harlequin Crest

-Throbblefoot
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 03:24:55 AM by Throbblefoot »
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Chard!

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2007, 03:56:28 AM »
Awesome! Thanks! ^___^

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »
lol looks like I'm getting a copy of Bioshock for 50% off.  A friend of mine bought it but is getting rid of it after she found out that AVG thinks it's a rootkit.

2K is shooting themselves in the foot with this crazy DRM bullshit.  Didn't anyone learn from Sony...
[snapback]37201[/snapback]
What's really ironic is that one of the quotes during the load screen says something like:
"Just because they made the system unhackable doesn't mean we aren't going to hack it."

Sounds like the game writers know better than production and marketing. Well, what else is new I guess.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2007, 01:53:31 PM »
Nope, it's not. Check the site rules it's in there, in case it's been so fucking long you've forgot them all. :lol: (Don't blame you at all. :lol: )

So anyway, you should send that to me... err... I mean you should definitely not send that to anyone and delete it from your own computer, cause ya'know... stuff like that is not morally... erm.. 'correct.' ...or something.
[snapback]37204[/snapback]

Ya errr. Send it to me too.  My friend changed her mind and isn't selling it to me!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 07:07:02 PM »
Ya errr. Send it to me too.  My friend changed her mind and isn't selling it to me!
[snapback]37211[/snapback]
Lmfao. :lol:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »
Just finished Bioshock, took me longer than normal because classes just started.

Pretty amazing game over all, the final level "Proving Grounds" is a little frustrating and there was the occasional, but very rare, minor graphic glitch. In fact, I only noticed three in the entire game. Storyline was intriguing, voice actors were compelling and the graphics and sound gave the environment the perfect feel.

The gameplay was pretty linear, even though I had the opportunity to return to earlier levels I didn't see the need since I throughly explored each level before moving on. So that, coupled with the single player aspect, makes me think there isn't a lot of potential for replayability. I may dust it off in a year or two and go through again like DOOM 3 and Quake 4.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:09:25 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2007, 07:01:10 PM »
Anyone want to provide some Requirements for this sucker?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2007, 07:55:12 PM »
Anyone want to provide some Requirements for this sucker?
[snapback]37399[/snapback]
From the back of the box:

Min Requirements:
Internet Required for Activation (That's right kiddies, Bioware started a fad)
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Single Core
RAM: 1GB
Video: Direct X 9.0c compliant w/ 128MB RAM (nVidia 6600/ATI X1300 or better not including ATI X1550)
Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
Space: 8GB

Recommended Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 2GB
Video: DX9: 512MB RAM nVidia 7900 GT or better DX10: nVidia 8600 or better
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi w/ EAX Advanced HD 4.0 or 5.0
Looks like ATI got the shaft in the recommended department.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 07:55:54 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2007, 08:43:47 PM »
Nope, can't play it. Doubted I'd be able to much anyway with my video card being fucked up.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2007, 10:03:42 PM »
From the back of the box:

Looks like ATI got the shaft in the recommended department.

[snapback]37400[/snapback]

Thats what happens when Nvidia pays a little extra for special treatment.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2007, 12:13:43 AM »
For those having problems with the demo link in the original post try 3DGamers: Bioshock Demo

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2007, 09:32:28 AM »
I finally got bioshock, it took a while cos i only have 1MB DSL :P, it has a nice atmosphere and the graphics are really good, the plasmid stuff its cool, but those big daddies are a pain in the ass sometimes >_>, im just around the start, in the neptune port.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2007, 01:01:01 PM »
but those big daddies are a pain in the ass sometimes
[snapback]37502[/snapback]
Electric buckshot was my favorite for dealing with the Big Daddies. Hit them with the Electrojolt to stun and hurt them then switch to electric buckshot or armor piercing rounds (machine gun or pistol). Make sure to shove the shotgun right into their face, up close headshots do huge damage.

Later in the game you'll be able to upgrade your weapons to do more damage.

Also, the research camera is really cool. The first level of research gives you a damage bonus against that particular enemy as well as a hint of what their weaknesses are. The second level of research gives you a unique gene tonic and the third and forth levels give you even bigger damage bonuses. By the end of the game I could take down a Big Daddy with 4 hits from the electric buckshot (fully upgraded shotgun) instead of like 10 hits.

Some other research camera tips:

1. Anything that is an "enemy" can be researched, including turrets, robots and cameras. Make sure to take a picture before hacking these because you can only research them when they are hostile.

2. You can take more than one pic of an enemy but multiple pics of the same enemy get you less research.

3. The "quality" of the picture matters, don't get to close or to far away, try and get the whole body within the outer targeting circle. The circle will spin when you have a high quality (A or B) picture. Pictures below C quality don't get developed.

4. Freeze enemies when they are attacking or jumping, then take a pic. This will allow you to get a high quality "action" shot which is worth more research.

5. Multiple enemies in a single shot get you big bonuses.

6. You can take pictures of dead enemies for a small amount of research.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 01:10:04 PM by 420 »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »
bought the game today (Yes I buy games off wich I think that deserve it like Bioshock, so the good games :D)

Anyway game looks pretty nice, it's fucking awesome when playing it in a dark room and having your earphones hehe awesome looks good so far.

Unfortunatly i'm playing the game on low-med settings but it still looks pretty amazing.