Author Topic: Is LM Going Downhill?  (Read 26229 times)

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« on: June 01, 2007, 07:49:38 PM »
Here's my current:

[attachmentid=1194]
[snapback]35425[/snapback]

Is that your brother?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 07:51:17 PM by Talon »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 11:36:23 PM »
Is that your brother?
[snapback]35508[/snapback]
The woman next to me in that picture is my amazingly beautiful girlfriend, Jenna.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 11:40:04 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 01:55:38 AM »
Is that your brother?

This is funny

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 08:07:37 PM »
This is funny
[snapback]35510[/snapback]
You're remedial, and that's funny too. :lol:

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 11:10:51 PM »
You're remedial, and that's funny too. :lol:
[snapback]35515[/snapback]
As the old saying goes, Laughter is the best medicine.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 08:26:27 AM »
The woman next to me in that picture is my amazingly beautiful girlfriend, Jenna.
[snapback]35509[/snapback]

Whoaaa - I honestly thought for a moment it was like an eddie murphy movie, where you were playing multiple roles in shot! I was even about to make a joke about the wig before i realised it must be her real hair. Thank god I didn't - it would have been quite rude of me!

Anyone ever say you guys look alike? Kinda like a dog and its owner.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 08:27:38 AM by Talon »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 07:49:41 PM »
Whoaaa - I honestly thought for a moment it was like an eddie murphy movie, where you were playing multiple roles in shot!
I don't see you as an honest person. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

I was even about to make a joke about the wig before i realised it must be her real hair.
Her hair is blonde, it's died black. The die did look a bit off, I'd agree. Neither her mother nor myself really liked it black.

Thank god I didn't - it would have been quite rude of me!
You mentioned it nonetheless, I hardly see how mentioning it rather than joking about it makes it any different.

Anyone ever say you guys look alike?
Nobody has ever said we look alike. Then again, most people who we have shown our pictures have seen more than just a blurry picture of us together. Apart from the blonde hair blue eyes thing, we don't look that closely alike.

I'll post another desktop screenie, with the wallpaper I usually have set. I like this picture of her. ^^
[attachmentid=1201]

Kinda like a dog and its owner.
I take that comparison as false. I take the comparison in general as being false as well; I do not think dogs and humans look alike.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 07:51:26 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 08:07:33 PM »
Watch out - she's got the angles!

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 12:02:21 PM »
HAHAHA WHO DOES QTHAT HAHA

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 03:23:42 PM »
As for your similarity to your girlfriend, even with my basic photoshop compositing skills I can see that the similarity is uncanny:

[attachmentid=1206]

Obviously dogs and their owners dont look exactly alike, but there can be a resemblance (link)

In fact, some peoples resemblance to animals is almost spooky:

[attachmentid=1207]

I rest my case

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 03:32:37 PM by Talon »

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 03:33:53 PM »
My god - that miss piggy composite truly owns!
Even if I do say so myself :)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 03:48:40 PM »
I think Talon is just noticing a fairly common occurrence in America. It's probably just more noticeable to people who come from geographic locations with a lot of genetic diversity, like Europe or the UK.

There is a reason we always joke about hillbillies marrying their cousins (or worse) and if you visit any fairly small town in America you will find that the majority of the population share many physical traits.

It's quite disconcerting to go visit my distant relatives who have lived for generations in one tiny little town, be it in Maine, Idaho or Oregon. They all look alike, and I don't mean just my relatives, but they all look alike, everyone in the goddamn town!

I was fortunate that my grandparents all escaped their genetic doom by joining the army. Unfortunately this also means I don't resemble any of my relatives.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 04:00:40 PM »
Is she a very close cousin hell?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:03:40 PM by Talon »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 08:04:20 PM »
Actually, her family line descends back to the queen of England, I'm not sure which. Though from her fathers side I think it's rather mixed, as for me, my fathers side goes back to Germany mostly, my last name is German, her last name is English. Though on my mothers side, there's alot of native american, irish, and a god awful amount of everything else.

My aunt has traced part of my family line on my mothers side back quite some ways. She has alot of things that are hereditary that are not good, while I have very few... I can't even think of any I have.

So, why are we on the topic of my girlfriend and me again? I already know why, but answer away anyway.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 09:48:27 PM »
I insult people because this is the internet and I think it's funny as fuck. That, and when someone is extremely stupid...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 11:58:41 PM »
LOL nice one Talon xD
[snapback]35551[/snapback]
Hmm, you are predictable after all, Talon.

I seen it as him trying to play my role on me to either possibly upset me and make me see how it "feels" or to make me understand some point and "teach" me by doing what I do to me. However, there's nothing to teach and this is the internet. Were he to try and teach me something as simple as the golden rule, that would come out in failure, and eye for an eye is a method I know too well to miss it. It's simple, if you think what I am doing is anything negative, you've just stooped to my level, and even beyond it in my opinion.

There is a slight difference between the situations however, while I am insulting people directly about stupid shit, or debating/arguing on a subject (usually the case) while the other participant resorts to flaming, you're attacking a loved one who's not here to defend themselves, I had thought about bringing it up and considering it a form of cowardice, but hey, I thought the simple replies showing the lack of affect was a little more entertaining. That, and I know her, nobody else here does, so why on earth would I let it bother me? That's like trying to insult me through bashing my mother, it just doesn't work. :lol:

I knew full well by posting the second image I was giving you more fuel, and that was intentional to see how far you'd take it. I caught on the second you decided to seize an opportunity where I posted something remotely personal, I'm not that blind. :)

To be honest, to the very first thing you said, my reply was going to be "Fuck you." But then I changed it because it seemed to make it look like I was mad about it. I also updated my girlfriend on every post in this thread, not because it matters, but because I wasn't going to let her be talked about behind her back while I knew about it. Don't be concerned though, she didn't take offense either, I told her the reason behind it. :D

And holy fuck, Tyrael, got enough goddamn icons!?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:00:20 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 07:58:02 AM »
To be honest, to the very first thing you said, my reply was going to be "Fuck you."
[snapback]35552[/snapback]

Im glad it had the desired effect. I also respect your self control in this instance.

Just remember that the insults you continually throw at people could be taken in exactly the same way.

For example, attacking tyrael every time he makes a post is tantamount to bullying. Maybe you should take that into consideration before you push that submit button.

God alone knows why you were made a moderator in what used to be a civil community - im actually ashamed that the godspire name is attached to some of the threads in this forum.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 08:18:43 AM »
God alone knows why you were made a moderator in what used to be a civil community - im actually ashamed that the godspire name is attached to some of the threads in this forum.
[snapback]35560[/snapback]

I guess that's flattering.  I'd classify this board as civil.  Maybe people have gotten a little bored at time though.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 10:22:20 AM »
I guess that's flattering.  I'd classify this board as civil.  Maybe people have gotten a little bored at time though.
[snapback]35561[/snapback]

Yes, you've done a good job - its just that certain members have either forgotten or just ognore part of the original GS philosophy.

The very reason we had exponentially timed bans on GS was to educate people to be good to one another - right down to the obligatory 'gf' even if the fight sucked ass.

It was this that attracted the right kind of people to GS, and made it what is was. If people didnt like it, they would either leave of their own accord and go to a lesser server, or just break the rules, in which case they would get temp bans until they accepted our way,

Personally, I dont think that randoming (to use the nwn term) should be allowed on this forum.
You may consider that a form of censorship, but I think its simply a case of keeping a sense of decorum that this forum has been severly lacking of late.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:32:17 AM by Talon »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
Yes, you've done a good job - its just that certain members have either forgotten or just ognore part of the original GS philosophy.

The very reason we had exponentially timed bans on GS was to educate people to be good to one another - right down to the obligatory 'gf' even if the fight sucked ass.

It was this that attracted the right kind of people to GS, and made it what is was. If people didnt like it, they would either leave of their own accord and go to a lesser server, or just break the rules, in which case they would get temp bans until they accepted our way,

Personally, I dont think that randoming (to use the nwn term) should be allowed on this forum.
You may consider that a form of censorship, but I think its simply a case of keeping a sense of decorum that this forum has been severly lacking of late.
[snapback]35563[/snapback]

I agree people should respect each other here above all.  However it's come to the point where I can not tell whether people are joking around with each other or are being plain mean.  Since everyone here now each other very well, I pretty much default to the fun and games mentality when reading some of these things.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 11:57:35 AM by Mo »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 12:45:22 PM »
Time to split this topic off into a "Is LM Going Downhill?" thread. Where are the moderators on this forum!?!?

I don't think the problem is that people are being intentionally mean to one another. Thoughtless? yes. Jerks? yes. Cruel? Sometimes (oh wait, I guess that is "intentionally mean").

The main problem is a lack of respect for people that we all feel we've known for a long time. Sort of like how a person can talk shit about their own mother but get upset when other people do it. I think we just take it for granted that civility should be implied because we've all been on GS together.

For instance, I never use emotes and this causes a lot of problems for me on various forums. Especially the CEP forum where I am generally considered the meanest, rudest member of the CEP because I don't preface my posts with 20 different smilies.

That said, HeLL, a moderator on this forum, has made it clear that he likes to try to rile people up when he is bored. In fact, I know of certain people that have squelched all of HeLL's posts because otherwise they would stop visiting this forum alltogether.

However, let me make it clear that I like petty arguments and I enjoy irritating people by inserting non sequiturs and going off on tangents in the middle of an otherwise coherent argument.

So, I guess what I'm saying is: Let's all be a lot more polite to each other you filthy, degenerate fuck heads!!!

EDIT: It could also be that we are all a bit stir crazy because we haven't had a common enemy to jump on in awhile, like Bug Fixx, Nathan or Gwydion.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:47:36 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 05:01:49 PM »
Im glad it had the desired effect. I also respect your self control in this instance.

Just remember that the insults you continually throw at people could be taken in exactly the same way.

For example, attacking tyrael every time he makes a post is tantamount to bullying. Maybe you should take that into consideration before you push that submit button.

[snapback]35560[/snapback]
How did it have the desired effect if it didn't get to me? The "Fuck You" part could have easily been followed with a ":lol:" because I was laughing when I watched the situation unravel.

Anyone can take anything personal you mean. Just my typing the word "fuck" offends people. So someone could take offense to the word "the" if they didn't like it. I don't know about you, but I think simply saying a word or telling someone they type like shit, is not on the same level as attacking their loved ones. They could both easily be taken personal, no doubt about that, but is one of them not more "lethal" than the other is? C'mon, give me a break. In most cases I'm not even insulting anyone, just arguing about something and then THEY resort to flaming me. If you look back at the GunZ debate and others around the board you will see that people have resorted to insulting me, before I have insulted them. In most cases.
Not only that, but 98% of the time I'm just fucking around and don't really care. I can understand Tyrael's posts, for instance, with little error. I just like to toy with him, because that's how I know him. In GS, in my eyes, he was the sentinel who randomed the MOST. Even if asked to stop it had little effect. He didn't seem to think anyone was being serious so he would continue to fuck around. At first I endulged him, then I just began ignoring it most of the time, because it was so often. It didn't really bother me. I only had thought it bad when he did it right in front of new people, and did it alot, as to me, it was setting a bad example. I even remember one time, I am almost certain it was Tyrael and someone else. Cletus maybe? Actually it happened on a few occasions. Where, basically the two got into a sent war and kept dazing, killing, and stoning eachother, relogging and then trying to get the other before they got him first. It was amusing at first, but it got out of hand. I even went to stop it at one point and it took a little effort before they would. I guess they felt the need to get the other, if they had got them last time, or some shit like that. It wasn't so bad that I would say he shouldn't have been a sentinel, just that he was just having fun in an often empty or lightly populated GS and I could understand that. Only reason I tried not to get involved too much or ended randoming eachother quicky by not randoming back, is because I was more about socializing and talking than actually playing. I liked being able to play as well, of course, but socializing was what I liked most and I just didn't get much out of randoming eachother like he and others seemed to. So basically, if you wonder whether or not I think of Tyrael as someone I can fuck around with, then the answer is yes. That is because this is how I know him and I honestly don't give a flying fuck how he types apart from when I really can't understand what he's saying, which does not happen too often. I only actually give it thought to begin with, because my mind likes to correct every single mistake it notices, and when it sees a post like that I can't help but notice it. I make plenty of run-ons so I'm not perfect either. I just mess with him because of what I said. It's how I know Tyrael. As for Elessar, for instance, I don't feel I've ever really gotten along with him and so when we argue, if he resorts to flaming me, it's not like I give a shit. lol.
If you think about it I'm probably the person who gets insulted most on this board, and am insulted far more than I insult others. I'm not sure where your logic comes into play in this instance, but your excuse for doing so yourself does not apply. The point is that I am still here even when a number of people insult me, and not just one individual, I still remain here; I do not take offense to it. This is before and after I have stated many things about it; before and after numerous arguments. I laugh at the attempt. I recognize it as sometimes joking around and sometimes not. Either way, it's still the internet.

Why was I made a moderator? When I was made one I had answered questions for Anheg and some other people who were having problems with things on the board or had questions, and I knew the answers because I have adminned a few IPB boards, and one currently, and know how they work as well as being familiar with alot of features on them most people don't usually use or take note of. Beyond that, I created helpful topics I thought people might be interested in and wanted to promote good discussion as well as good arguments and debates, and I wouldn't mind good flame battles either. I prefer there to be more POSTS. I don't care about post count. Which is why I can rant away in random ranting without a hitch. I personally see RR a little like I do Chaos on RoD. Spam and junk topics everywhere, and when arguments arise it doesn't matter much. Though I appreciate spam posts and topics I also like long posts and informative topics. That, and I active here every single day, quite a few times a day. Whenever I'm home and on my computer I'll check back often to see if anyone has posted anything. Why? Because I like forums, and this is what I do. I also love organization and things to be orderly, but sometimes I prefer chaos and disorder. Why I requested the computer section, the discussion section, and whatnot, is for obvious reasons. I just think there could be better places for certain things, and if I want to create a topic that I don't feel should be buried by spam topics, I can now create it in Discussion. I've made a topic about what threads people would want to see because I am all for posting and all for discussion, and I like coming here and seeing a bunch of posts that I can read and reply to. So the reason I think I was made a moderator was because of those things. Oh yeah, and my willingness to do some of the dirty work that Mo is too lazy to do. :lol:

Time to split this topic off into a "Is LM Going Downhill?" thread. Where are the moderators on this forum!?!?

I don't think the problem is that people are being intentionally mean to one another. Thoughtless? yes. Jerks? yes. Cruel? Sometimes (oh wait, I guess that is "intentionally mean").

The main problem is a lack of respect for people that we all feel we've known for a long time. Sort of like how a person can talk shit about their own mother but get upset when other people do it. I think we just take it for granted that civility should be implied because we've all been on GS together.

For instance, I never use emotes and this causes a lot of problems for me on various forums. Especially the CEP forum where I am generally considered the meanest, rudest member of the CEP because I don't preface my posts with 20 different smilies.

That said, HeLL, a moderator on this forum, has made it clear that he likes to try to rile people up when he is bored. In fact, I know of certain people that have squelched all of HeLL's posts because otherwise they would stop visiting this forum alltogether.

However, let me make it clear that I like petty arguments and I enjoy irritating people by inserting non sequiturs and going off on tangents in the middle of an otherwise coherent argument.

So, I guess what I'm saying is: Let's all be a lot more polite to each other you filthy, degenerate fuck heads!!!

EDIT: It could also be that we are all a bit stir crazy because we haven't had a common enemy to jump on in awhile, like Bug Fixx, Nathan or Gwydion.
Depends. As a moderator I've only looked at duties dealing with organization and topics/posts. I don't moderate spam or rule-breaking. (Except for bots and shit that is completely obvious spam by someone who hasn't been here for very long. For example, if someone joined and made some random topic full of stupid shit. Though, if it were one of the regulars I'd likely do nothing about it.) The reason for this is because, before I was a Moderator censorship was removed, and people basically got away with saying anything and everything with no topics really moderated or anything. The only thing I seen being done was the splitting of topics from time to time when they had gotten really off-topic. So when I was made a moderator, I wasn't going to start attacking everyone's posts for spam or rule-breaking when none of the admins ever do, I wasn't going to do things I thought might be counter-active to the way Mo runs things, and I certaintly wasn't going to become a mod-nazi just because my view of running a forum is different. I was going to do things the way I've seen it done for quite some time now, because that seems to be the way Mo wants it, and I see it as the way Mo wants it, because that's the way Mo does it. If that doesn't make sense to you then go eat shit. I also noticed alot of the first things he had me doing were basically the things that he had been doing, and so if that's the way he wanted to run things, then I respect that. Like I said, I wasn't going to start doing a bunch of shit that none of the admins had been doing, unless I knew they weren't going to be counter-active to the way it has been run. If it was questionable, then I didn't do it. So basically I see myself as a moderator to keep things a little more organized and also because it would put me in the position that people could ask me questions thinking I would know the answers, and since I had the answers before then that would be entirely plausible. I just basically seen myself as still a regular member with the exceptions I noted. Why would I start enforcing rules that I haven't seen enforced in forever unless they were ones I've always seen enforced? (such as no warez) Simply because I am Mo's mod, this is his site, and I wouldn't want to use the power to do things he doesn't want done here. Now, if I repeat myself any more in this giant glob of words, I will go insane... again.

Intentionally mean? Yes. Almost never serious? Yes. :lol: ? Yes?

The lack of respect you could consider as an issue we had in GS while it was up as well, take note of the randoming thing I talked about above. I'm not pointing a finger at Tyrael though, alot of sentinels/DM's/Vanguards did it.

Start using smileys then, crackhead. :lol:

Nah, not really when I'm bored. I just say that, actually I do it whether I'm bored or not. Can't let a perfectly valid argument not exist! <_< Who? Throbble? Elessar? Nah, nevermind, I'm not concerned with who. If it were Throb, I've never seen myself as really getting along with her either, but I do like her, so I apologize. If it were Elessar he can kiss my ass. :lol: See, now, do I really have to say that I am kidding here? :rolleyes:

Oh, I know you do, 420. Maybe I could claim you were my influence and blame it on you. It's 420's fault everyone, see? :lol: No, look, they are fun, you acknowledge that. And I've seen you as just as, if not more, insulting than me on various occasions. At least, in my opinion. So what if you're not bashing another member, but attacking those common enemies or anyone else. Actually, when it came to bug fixx at least, I personally thought you were overdoing it and being overly mean. But, you know, I didn't say shit and played along because I felt that if I disagreed with you, alot of the other members would jump on my ass if you made some post to discredit mine, and you know it's true. But see, back then I actually cared. Now it is a different story. I feel I'm entitled to my opinion and I often say whatever I feel like saying even if I know people will gang up on me and I end up arguing one against two, or three, or four people or more. So yes, 420, I know exactly what you're talking about.

The common enemy thing isn't true, for me anyway, 420. I fuck around with others or argue because I enjoy it. I've done it here and I've done it on other boards. Such as one that I was an admin on for awhile to organize the board and clean things up for the creator, a guy who I bashed all the time, flamed to shit, and got into a million arguments with. He enjoyed them all, just like I did and he did not take offense, but even flamed and argued back. The same went with everyone else on that board. Except for the people who were so very stupid that they couldn't comprehend a sentence. For me, that common enemy thing has no validity, but for the rest of the forum, it might. If that's the case then I'm in an obviously good position for people to be making me become that substitute.

Now does anything else need to be said? Is my post too long? Eh, tough shit. I've written way longer posts than this. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 06:02:25 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 05:36:07 PM »
Start using smileys then, crackhead.
[snapback]35570[/snapback]
I'll compromise. [Insert Appropriate Emoticon Here.]

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »
I'll compromise. [Insert Appropriate Emoticon Here.]

[snapback]35572[/snapback]
:lol:

Don't think you've read my post just yet. I went over the entire thing like I do with alot of posts I make and editted things to make more sense and fix some run-ons. I prefer to give effort for things I want to do better. Though I do it alot more with longer posts than shorter posts, and I don't always do it. :D

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 06:09:50 PM »
In fact, I know of certain people that have squelched all of HeLL's posts because otherwise they would stop visiting this forum alltogether.

[snapback]35565[/snapback]

I generally stop paying attention to a thread once hell posts in it...

Although, to lighten up the mood a wee bit, I applied your technique for really comprehending HeLL's posts in this topic:

ty i [hynii]am shit. it a han[iw]d. its not nd.....

I wonder how that last bit will end...

-Elessar

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »
I generally stop paying attention to a thread once hell posts in it...

Although, to lighten up the mood a wee bit, I applied your technique for really comprehending HeLL's posts in this topic:
ty i [hynii]am shit. it a han[iw]d. its not nd.....
I wonder how that last bit will end...
-Elessar
[snapback]35576[/snapback]
you will see that people have resorted to insulting me, before I have insulted them. In most cases.
I rest my case. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 06:17:49 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 06:49:14 PM »
I only read the first part of hell's looong post and just to say that hell has some reason, its true that i dont care about his comments about my english as he messes with me like i  mess with him, i always keep it to the joke part (notice almost all my posts have smileys :P).

The part i dont really understand is, why should ppl take some comments from a person they dont even know so serious? (yes, i know some ppl do), i mean, its internet, everyone can say whatever they want or act in the way they want, and most of the bad mouth guys that like to insult and/or mess with others its mostly cos their life sucks (if they even have one, that is xD) or no1 pays attention to them in school/job, or they just have no friends and feel bad in some way, so they want to get attention insulting others and acting stupid, theyre overall just sad, so why some ppl even care about them? :o
(this part wasnt directed to you hell, this time :P, just to make that clear b4 you get the wrong idea  and make another long ass post xD)

Its true i ramdomed other sents and friends, but there were never new players around, if there were was either that i knew him or that i didnt notice, not like there were much players i didnt know the last months >_<.

As for the time Cletus and me had that sent fight, you were the ONLY one on besides us, lol, then i think either mercy or hubba logged in and killed both of us. xD

Apart from all that, the ppl that cares about some insults on forums maybe they dont play online games or have a bad time on them xD, from the typical "you suck n00b" to relying on just plain insults and family related insults, besides like it happened to me a lot on gunz, lots of times after i learned good and fast bf (which really took some months), when you kill some ppl in a flash and then they cry like, "get a life noob" or stop hacking you noob ( when ive never hacked on any game) just because they couldnt keep and that pisses them off.

In conclusion, over internet, everything its better if you take most things as jokes xD

(i think thats the longest, or one of the longer posts i ever made >_<, i can already
see hell coming with his corrections :P)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 07:21:03 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 07:19:09 PM »
People have been vulgar to one another for a very long time on GS.  My example would be Tolar.  But at the same time he did become less vulgar.  I point this out in defense of "newer" generation of players starting this vulgarity.

Who's to blame for not monitoring and maintaining a level of civility?  Maybe those in the position of this responsibility should be repremanded themselves or removed.

Is it too late to get it back?

I think not having GS up and not being in the server we've lost a sense of respest for those who have started this community.  Not fighting it out on the server has made us equals on the forums

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 09:18:45 PM »
Not to jump into a viper's nest with both feet, but I gotta say that Talon remarking on other folks' incivility is either hilarious self-parody or remarkable hypocrisy. I mean, dude, you photoshopped Miss Piggy onto Hell's girlfriend's face! Regardless of her looking like Hell or having the MySpace Angles (neither of which were particularly "uncivil" comments), that's just harsh, and was bound to piss Hell off. While I'd always agree that Hell is vitriolic, I have to award some of the credit to Talon for being uncivil, and for inspiring some incivility.

On the other hand (and not to be disrespectful to this girl I've never met), Talon's got the 1337 photoshop skillz.

-Throbblefoot
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:19:13 PM by Throbblefoot »
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 09:19:23 PM »
Let's not get into a "who was the first person to insult who" argument. Then we'd be no better than the world governments and religions.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:19:41 PM by 420 »