Author Topic: Is LM Going Downhill?  (Read 26802 times)

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »
Let's not get into a "who was the first person to insult who" argument. [snapback]35585[/snapback]
I think you mean "the first person to insult whom"  - you cheese-eating surrender-monkey!

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 10:41:45 PM »
I only read the first part of hell's looong post and just to say that hell has some reason, its true that i dont care about his comments about my english as he messes with me like i  mess with him, i always keep it to the joke part (notice almost all my posts have smileys :P).

The part i dont really understand is, why should ppl take some comments from a person they dont even know so serious? (yes, i know some ppl do), i mean, its internet, everyone can say whatever they want or act in the way they want, and most of the bad mouth guys that like to insult and/or mess with others its mostly cos their life sucks (if they even have one, that is xD) or no1 pays attention to them in school/job, or they just have no friends and feel bad in some way, so they want to get attention insulting others and acting stupid, theyre overall just sad, so why some ppl even care about them? :o
(this part wasnt directed to you hell, this time :P, just to make that clear b4 you get the wrong idea  and make another long ass post xD)

Its true i ramdomed other sents and friends, but there were never new players around, if there were was either that i knew him or that i didnt notice, not like there were much players i didnt know the last months >_<.

As for the time Cletus and me had that sent fight, you were the ONLY one on besides us, lol, then i think either mercy or hubba logged in and killed both of us. xD

Apart from all that, the ppl that cares about some insults on forums maybe they dont play online games or have a bad time on them xD, from the typical "you suck n00b" to relying on just plain insults and family related insults, besides like it happened to me a lot on gunz, lots of times after i learned good and fast bf (which really took some months), when you kill some ppl in a flash and then they cry like, "get a life noob" or stop hacking you noob ( when ive never hacked on any game) just because they couldnt keep and that pisses them off.

In conclusion, over internet, everything its better if you take most things as jokes xD

(i think thats the longest, or one of the longer posts i ever made >_<, i can already
see hell coming with his corrections :P)
[snapback]35579[/snapback]
See, Tyrael's got the right idea! :lol:

Well, part of it is true anyhow, Tyrael. I am quite a sad individual, sad as in sorrow, not as in loser. Though that's probably true too! Ha! But I don't make myself feel better by insulting others, nor for attention. My "little miss piggy" keeps me quite happy and I get enough attention to satisfy one hundred people just from her. I knew it wasn't directed toward me, without you saying that anyhow. But clarification never hurts.

Indeed, I defended that viewpoint for you in my post already. I was just making a point.

I know, I remember. But I also remember you two seemingly starting to get annoyed with eachother about it, and it getting a little out of hand, that's why I tried to settle it down, without getting into it too.

I love GunZ partly for that reason. I can really piss some people off by kicking their ass, or doing certain things, and then they talk shit, and then I take it, joke about it, and then rub it in. Really gets on their nerves, ahahaha. :lol:

(You spelled everything wrong, bitch! :lol: )

People have been vulgar to one another for a very long time on GS. My example would be Tolar. But at the same time he did become less vulgar. I point this out in defense of "newer" generation of players starting this vulgarity.

Who's to blame for not monitoring and maintaining a level of civility? Maybe those in the position of this responsibility should be repremanded themselves or removed.

Is it too late to get it back?

I think not having GS up and not being in the server we've lost a sense of respest for those who have started this community. Not fighting it out on the server has made us equals on the forums
Indeed. It's not new at all.

The blame game's always the same and it's always lame.

Get what back? The conflicts that have arisen here between certain people have been here the entire time even when GS was active.

Equals? We're all humans, we were equals at the start.

Not to jump into a viper's nest with both feet, but I gotta say that Talon remarking on other folks' incivility is either hilarious self-parody or remarkable hypocrisy. I mean, dude, you photoshopped Miss Piggy onto Hell's girlfriend's face! Regardless of her looking like Hell or having the MySpace Angles (neither of which were particularly "uncivil" comments), that's just harsh, and was bound to piss Hell off. While I'd always agree that Hell is vitriolic, I have to award some of the credit to Talon for being uncivil, and for inspiring some incivility.
As I said, he stooped to my level and beyond. That is no method for teaching anything.

Let's not get into a "who was the first person to insult who" argument. Then we'd be no better than the world governments and religions.
Previous comment about the blame game stands.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 10:43:46 PM »
HeLL can you record your posts and release an audio file please??

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 10:49:27 PM »
:huh:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 11:08:02 PM »
HeLL can you record your posts and release an audio file please??
[snapback]35591[/snapback]
I was waiting for the CliffsNotes version.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 11:10:05 PM »
I was waiting for the CliffsNotes version.

[snapback]35594[/snapback]

I'm gonna start posting my old school papers, see how he likes those.  Maybe I'll start with my grade 11 essay on time travel.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 11:12:20 PM »
Ever make a post so long it wouldn't let you post it, or cut your post off unfinished?

I have. :lol:

Chard!

Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 09:22:24 AM »
What's wrong with HMH's posts? Even though they're long, the sentence structure makes it very easy to read. And the posts aren't like some boring old school book either.

I'm not trying to be a kiss-ass or anything. It's just... I'm sure you guys aren't to busy to read throught his posts. Show some respect... Even if you think he's an asshole.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:08 AM »
What's wrong with HMH's posts? Even though they're long, the sentence structure makes it very easy to read. And the posts aren't like some boring old school book either.

I'm not trying to be a kiss-ass or anything. It's just... I'm sure you guys aren't to busy to read throught his posts. Show some respect... Even if you think he's an asshole.
[snapback]35599[/snapback]
Thanks, Chard.

Though I realize sometimes my posts can be a little confusing when there are too many commas and I phrase them a little differently. :lol: That's because I tend to automatically put a comma wherever I pause. Also, I'll type it as I'm thinking it, so it's almost like my thoughts put into text, except that my accent causes me to leave out words that truly aren't necessary for someone to understand what I'm saying. Except in text the words I leave out actually do help. That's why I go back and edit my posts all the time. I correct mistakes for myself, and for the reader. That long post should make sense and be easy to read. I think it was at first, but now there should not be a problem at all. :)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 11:28:14 AM »
I'm sure you guys aren't to busy to read throught his posts
[snapback]35599[/snapback]
I took 46 screenshots yesterday of CEP creatures, cropped and resized them, labeled them then linked each image up to its original hak pack location on NWVault.

We lost our master list of content so I have to search for all the original artists, the location of the creature in the appearance.2da, the location of the blueprint and the name of the original model.

And that was just one letter of the alphabet.

So, you tell me if I'm too busy.

Chard!

Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 11:38:59 AM »
You do all that while posting on LM?

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2007, 01:55:55 PM »
Use microsoft sam.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 05:26:30 PM »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Crabazon

• View Profile
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2007, 08:59:45 PM »
Yes

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 01:40:39 AM »
Wow necro post.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2007, 02:19:53 AM »
He's Re-tar-red.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2007, 11:24:08 AM »
He's Re-tar-red.
[snapback]36922[/snapback]

What on earth does that mean?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2007, 03:43:53 PM »
If you can't figure out what it means, or you understand what it's closely representing but not accurately depicting, then I was succcessful.

It was meant to sound retarded by poorly insulting someone. It sounds cool when you say it too! (If you think it sounds retarded then.. *hint hint* *nudge nudge* get it now?) Bwahahahaha!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 03:45:26 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2007, 09:20:43 PM »
(If you think it sounds retarded then.. *hint hint* *nudge nudge* get it now?) Bwahahahaha!
[snapback]36991[/snapback]
A Simpsons quote for every occasion:

"If you have to explain it, it wasn't good chief." -Lou

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2007, 12:12:26 AM »
I don't understand that quote... please explain.

What now? lol.

In any instance there is always another instance in which someone would want/need (depending on perception) an explanation. So nothing (not the concept of nothing, but presence of "no thing") is good, then. Unless you take the quote literally. In which case I did not have to explain, but chose to, and therefore it has no impact on what I said.

In my opinion, if you have to explain it, there's a reason behind it. Not a simple assumption for every instance in general. But then again, I'm just typing all of this because I can, and assume that every individual involved, including myself, doesn't really care.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2007, 05:30:49 AM »
In any instance there is always another instance in which someone would want/need (depending on perception) an explanation.

Unless of course the statement is self explanatory as opposed to nonsensical.
I have provided some randomly selected examples below:

He's Re-tar-red.
Nonsensical

"If you have to explain it, it wasn't good chief." -Lou
Self explanatory

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2007, 02:47:48 PM »
I said in every instance, including that instance, there is always someone/thing who would want/need an explanation. So therefore, nothing (used in the same context as before) is self-explanatory to everything. Try explaining that to a dog.

Don't tell me you're too incapable to grasp a concept as simple as that. :lol:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 05:59:37 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2007, 01:49:27 AM »
I said in every instance, including that instance, there is always someone/thing who would want/need an explanation.
[snapback]37008[/snapback]
"Every instance" and "always" implies an absolute. There is no way that statement can ever be proven true.

So therefore, nothing (used in the same context as before) is self-explanatory to everything.
Again, "nothing" and "everything" imply an impossible, unprovable absolute.

Try explaining that to a dog.
At this point it would probably be easier since the dog would be more receptive to new ideas.

Don't tell me you're too incapable to grasp a concept as simple as that.
I could say the exact same thing about you but I think my post is self-explanatory enough.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2007, 05:29:56 PM »
You guys didn't change a bit.

Good to see everyone is healthy.

-Mel

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »
You guys didn't change a bit.

Good to see everyone is healthy.

-Mel
[snapback]37014[/snapback]

w00t w00t mel is back!!!!

Good to see you too mel!!!

WELCOME BACK  :drinks:
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »
Hi Mel! Nice to hear from you.

And of course we changed, this is a completely different argument than the last one.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2007, 09:44:42 PM »
And of course we changed, this is a completely different argument than the last one. [snapback]37016[/snapback]
No it isn't!

Heya Mel - long time no see - how are you?

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2007, 10:29:13 PM »
"Every instance" and "always" implies an absolute. There is no way that statement can ever be proven true.

Again, "nothing" and "everything" imply an impossible, unprovable absolute.

At this point it would probably be easier since the dog would be more receptive to new ideas.

I could say the exact same thing about you but I think my post is self-explanatory enough.

[snapback]37013[/snapback]
Nothing can be proven true or false. Perception is based on the individual. No implication, only your assumption.

Nothing is proveable, once again. You want to get into perception? Everything exists at the same time that it doesn't. Theories are opinions, opinions are points, facts are false, false things are true. You don't know anything until you know nothing. Arguments are impossible just like everything that is possible is impossible.

Compared to whom? Everyone? I suppose that's your opinion, though I know you mean me, it doesn't matter. As you reject mine as easily as I accept yours without you seeming to understand that I accept yours, but present the material in a form of objection to it, due to my thought that any thought is nothing but a thought, as well as everything else beyond a thought, and therefore cannot and can be understood.

Of course, as a human I feel I should at least try to grasp what I consider this to be "true chaos" with a form of "looking glass" to see some sort of reality. Otherwise, I am fairly certain I could not be sane. So, I make my own opinions as to right and wrong, true or false, despite believing on the exterior, that everything is both true and false and neither.

Sure you could say the exact same thing as me, you have that right, it makes sense to me why you'd think that way, and think that I don't think similiar due to my presenting contradicting material, that is also presented as a disagreement with your own. However, I've never seen a rule anywhere that says you cannot raise points or make arguments against statements/opinions you agree with, and I have especially not heard any rule saying you cannot raise points or make arguments against statements/opinions you agree with as well as disagree with.

Just as you said previously, 420, I could say the exact same thing about you. Assuming that the implication is, in theory, that the statement is making a comparison to me. You may not think I am receptive to new ideas, although I would say this is not true (in non-technical terms), I would also say that you are not for the same reasons, then.

Of course it's different. 420 sees it as an argument, I see it as a misunderstanding. Then again, I see many commonly perceived "arguments" as misunderstandings.

Throbble is right, it isn't different!

Well, yeah it is. But no it's not!

I purposely started this "argument."

On another note: Hello Mel!

In other news... I just got engaged. =D

I think I've summed up my nothingness/everythingness? so I shall allow you to further decide whether or not everything I've said is a joke, or has a deeper meaning. Surely you can handle that? Or perhaps you don't care, that's fine too.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2007, 11:28:35 PM »
On another note: Hello Mel!

In other news... I just got engaged. =D

[snapback]37018[/snapback]

As usual I scanned through your long post and noticed two noteworthy items.

1) Hi Mel

2) Congrats on your engagement !  :drinks:

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is LM Going Downhill?
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2007, 11:59:07 PM »
As usual I scanned through your long post and noticed two noteworthy items.

2) Congrats on your engagement !  :drinks:
[snapback]37020[/snapback]
Thanks! :D