Author Topic: NWN2 Multiplayer.  (Read 15263 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« on: November 05, 2006, 12:44:05 PM »
OK, I think I figured out the problem with connecting to multiplayer games. Everyone please download this "client pack" for my NWN2 mod, put it into your pwc directory (under MyDocuments/Neverwinter Nights2/pwc) and see if you can log in.

Current Client Pack for the Tavern of Doors
Last Updated: April 17, 2007
File: The Tavern of Doors.pwc
.rar version
NWVault Page

Channel: Social
Server: ThrobbleServ
Mod: The Tavern of Doors
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:44:31 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 12:48:55 PM »
Try uploading elsewhere, or send it to me(e-mail, since you don't use IM), I'll try and get it on here.

But first, try zipping or rarring it. As far as I know, you can upload zip files.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 12:50:36 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 12:57:17 PM »
or you could upload it to nwvault, i'm sure that'd work!

and ya, that's really retarded if people *need* a client pack

-elessar

EDIT: Hey, if I get a pvp mod up for whatever, here's the current client pack for it...i'll post if i get it up and visible

-elessar

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 09:42:11 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 01:31:19 PM »
Heh, I suggested the same idea (zip the file) to 420, so when I can pry him off the NWN2 OC, he'll zip up fis client pack and post it.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 01:32:59 PM »
lol

couldn't you just access the files from your compy?

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 01:52:59 PM »
Alright the Tavern of Doors Client Pack is uploaded (check the original post) please see if you can get on. Remember, this is a very early rendition and I haven't done very much work on it, also, Kii'Kann is hostile so watch out for him.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 02:37:30 PM »
lol, this should be interesting, i'll see if i can get on

-Elessar

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 10:04:39 PM »
Alright, folks, my temporary server is officially up and running, although not 24/7 since i can't really do that, but w/e..

Section: Action
Name: 0Archepelag:Temp_Spire

the .pwc you need to join is here

so pop on and level...mind you its not finished, i still need a bunch of scripts and some generic gear, the restrictions will need to be played with and i need to see if any of my old dm stuff works. but for now, enjoy! i'll try and leave it up all tonight

-Elessar
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 10:12:20 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 11:01:43 PM »
Looks like I'm having some trouble updating my mod. I updated to 1.02 and then opened my mod in the toolset and resaved it. That was enough to update it in NWN but now it sees like there is a version mismatch, and my mod is still 1.01.

EDIT: Update on that problem with the version mismatch. Link
Posted 11/07/06 01:15 (GMT) by poninja

I'm not sure how this got missed, but the new update doesn't update the nwn2server.exe so if you try to connect to a dedicated server you get a version mismatch.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:28:04 PM by 420 »

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 02:28:45 PM »
Ya, I was so desperate to get back online to play.. that I attempted to change the version of NWN2 within the registry... and then reinstalling the patch. Of course, this was a huge long shot and I didn't really expect it to work... it fooled the updater and all... up until it spazed out about a weird unknown version of the nwn2main.exe file =P. Well I'm going to reinstall the game... it updates the game one version at a time... so you should be able to uninstall and reinstall to update to 1.01 and not 1.02 and play online again. I'm only doing this because I have a day off from school and I'm bored and hungry for some PvP. Hope some others can join me in Tavern of Doors later for a chat.

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 03:05:17 PM »
ok i'm having weird problems for online atm.

When I click multiplayer en sign in it says that a new version is availabe wan't to download? why yes i click on the yes button it updated fine, i click again on multiplayer button, sign in again same question weird i think but oke then the updater says your game is allready up to date starting game.....
ok... i think i click again on MP again same question this time i click on no, i see some servers online and throbble's is there too i click on it and connect, choose my chr and click on connect and i get thet error message again there was an error loading the module, and yes i have that zip file and yes it's in the right directory.....so what's the problem...?
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 05:01:26 PM »
ok i'm having weird problems for online atm.

When I click multiplayer en sign in it says that a new version is availabe wan't to download? why yes i click on the yes button it updated fine, i click again on multiplayer button, sign in again same question weird i think but oke then the updater says your game is allready up to date starting game.....
ok... i think i click again on MP again same question this time i click on no, i see some servers online and throbble's is there too i click on it and connect, choose my chr and click on connect and i get thet error message again there was an error loading the module, and yes i have that zip file and yes it's in the right directory.....so what's the problem...?
[snapback]32486[/snapback]
420 Editted his post: Link The problem is in the quote he added, it appears you may have to wait for a new patch before you can ever connect.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »
Latest word from Obsidian is that 1.02 was a "hot fix" which was accidently made available through the auto-update system. It has been pulled since and is now being worked on. For those of us that pupdated, we may have to reinstall. No word yet about what the people that patched with the buggy 1.02 are suppose to do.

Obsidian Producer:
Posted 11/07/06 23:36 (GMT) by Darren Monahan

Hi Volion, with any luck, it's shipping today.  We're still having a really tough time reproducing the crashes some of you guys have been seeing. :(

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 08:09:07 PM »
screw them! i'm not reinstalling because of their fuck up! i'm reinstalling if I fuck up!

-Elessar

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 03:38:59 AM »
Latest word from Obsidian is that 1.02 was a "hot fix" which was accidently made available through the auto-update system. It has been pulled since and is now being worked on. For those of us that pupdated, we may have to reinstall. No word yet about what the people that patched with the buggy 1.02 are suppose to do.

Obsidian Producer:
[snapback]32500[/snapback]

Oke I know my auto updated updated the game last night it said update succesful but when I start nwn 2 on the left corner it says V 1.01 ....so WTF??

Thx for the heads up hell, damn obsidian...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 03:40:57 AM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 11:26:29 AM »
Oke I know my auto updated updated the game last night it said update succesful but when I start nwn 2 on the left corner it says V 1.01 ....so WTF??

Thx for the heads up hell, damn obsidian...
[snapback]32513[/snapback]
1.02 was a mistake, it wasn't suppose to be released in the first place so they removed it. All those people that updated are screwed and will either have to reinstall and patch to 1.01 or wait until the end of the month when 1.03 is released.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 12:23:52 PM »
1.02 was a mistake, it wasn't suppose to be released in the first place so they removed it. All those people that updated are screwed and will either have to reinstall and patch to 1.01 or wait until the end of the month when 1.03 is released.

[snapback]32523[/snapback]

I'm assuming it's running under V 1.01 cuz when I start the game on the left corner it says V 1.01....

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 12:01:20 PM »
A new 1.02 has been released and now the nwn2server.exe has been update. The Tavern of Doors is back up. Stop in and say "hi".

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 12:53:40 PM »
My server's back up as well if you need a place to level!

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 09:31:45 PM »
New version of the Tavern of Doors .pwc file is available in the original post!

I will be adding more shortly but for now a new room has been added that will house the leveler, alignment changer, gold maker, etc. Also, the prison plane of Carceri has been added though, without DB functionality bans aren't permanent.

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 10:29:40 PM »
420 did you release that pwc before or after that time I logged in a few days ago? The last time you say me. I believe it was on the 13th at night. Because if you released it before, then you don't need an updated pwc file. I ask because when I joined Tavern of Doors that time it took longer to load and said something about updating the pwc file I think and it did it for me. So we should check this out. I don't think you'll have to update the pwc file every time you make an update like that.

-Raelias
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 10:30:27 PM by Raelias »

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 12:09:55 AM »
Yes you do, if you change any thing in the mod at all, even a different walk path for an npc you have to update the pwc.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »
I ask because when I joined Tavern of Doors that time it took longer to load and said something about updating the pwc file I think and it did it for me. So we should check this out.
[snapback]32648[/snapback]
Very interesting, I'll try this out next time I update the pwc. I think Throbble logged in last night without downloading the new pwc too.

If it's true that once you manually download a pwc it automatically updates when you log in, that would be great!

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 12:31:03 PM »
Well atleast thats what happened on the RP mod Ive been playing on.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 01:59:40 PM »
I still can't enter the freaking module WTF is going on yes i downloaded the latest .pwc file my client is updated to ver 1.02 hell i even unpacked the .pwc file but nothing happens i still get that error "there was a error opening the module"...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 02:00:00 PM by Razor Blade »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 02:01:28 PM »
I still can't enter the freaking module WTF is going on yes i downloaded the latest .pwc file my client is updated to ver 1.02 hell i even unpacked the .pwc file but nothing happens i still get that error "there was a error opening the module"...
[snapback]32658[/snapback]
Where did you put the pwc file?

Make sure it's in the My Documents\Neverwinter Nights2\pwc\ directory.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 02:37:10 PM »
theres no problem on where the pwc is, well at least first time i just had it in the installation folder ( cos mercy told me to put it there :P) and i could enter server no problem, then when i had the toolset problem i uninstalled and searched for every nwn2 thingsto delete them and reinstall so i noticed the pwc folder in my documents and moved it there, so i think as long its in installation directory or in my documents it should work.
if it doesnt, do like i did, uninstall, wipe every nwn2 folders/files you can find after uninstall (less savegames of course :P) then reinstall.
that fixed my toolset problem maybe it fix your pwc problem

edit: i tested it in some other nwn2 related folders and only works on those 2, main nwn2 installation folder (Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2) and the other 420 stated above  :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 02:59:16 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 04:02:29 PM »
Well atleast thats what happened on the RP mod Ive been playing on.
[snapback]32657[/snapback]
what mod?

-Elessar

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 04:46:01 PM »
Where did you put the pwc file?

Make sure it's in the My Documents\Neverwinter Nights2\pwc\ directory.

[snapback]32659[/snapback]

Yes its in my my documents\neverwinter nights 2\pwc and there i putted the .pwc file

do i have to leave it as it is or unzip it??

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Multiplayer.
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 05:21:57 PM »
errr dont tell me you put it in the pwc folder compressed or i will laugh  :rolleyes:
of course you have to unzip it to get the pwc file >_<
*slaps Razor* ^^