Neverwinter Nights 2 > GodSpire 2.0

GodSpire 2.0 Rules!

(1/11) > >>

420:
As we learn more and more about the various aspects of NWN2 that can affect PvP I thought it would be prudent to start a thread for the community's input on how GodSpire 2 should deal with certain rule changes.

--- Quote --- Knockdown Question
Any special attack that uses Discipline as an opposed check is out. There were only two that were not cut: Disarm and Knockdown. There used to be Sap and Called Shot but those are not in the game.

Knockdown and Disarm do not do damage anymore.

Knockdown is an opposed roll of attacker's STR plus (attacker's size - defender's size) * 4 against the the defender's STR or DEX, whichever is higher. +4 stability for dwarves/4-legged animals, is NOT in. Knockdown does not draw AoOs, nor do you need to do a touch attack to initiate it. There is no counter-trip. Improved Knockdown makes the attacker seem one size larger. You can only knockdown a creature one size larger than you or smaller. It uses up one of your attacks in a round.

Disarm draws attacks of opportunity and does no damage. It uses up one of your attacks in the round. The attacker makes an opposed attack roll against the defender modified by (attacker's size - defender's size) * 4, and the relative weapon size * 4. The defender opposes with an attack roll against the attacker modified by his relative weapon size * 4. NWN2 uses a hybrid 3.5/3.0 weapon size system that I'm not going into right now. If the attacker wins, the on-hand item, if any, is dropped on the ground. Improved Disarm does not draw AoOs and puts the on-hand item in the attacker's inventory.

This is as close as it's going to get, folks.

More: They must all be selected individually as feats.

--- End quote ---
Looks like the strength builds are going to get an advantage they didn't have before AND I'm gonna steal all your fucking weapons!

Elessar Telrunya:
Haha! Can you say "Archer Knock-Down for the win!"? Seriously, lets make an archer with some great strength here!

Also another thing that may take some balancing out: Subraces. We may need to do some extra balancing between different subraces, but we'll probably have to wait until we actually get the game to figure out whether or not there is a ton of need for balancing.

-Elessar

420:

--- Quote ---Also another thing that may take some balancing out: Subraces.
[snapback]31074[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Fear my Svirfneblin Warlock!

9d6 Eldritch blast at level 20, unlimited number of casts a day!

Elessar Telrunya:

--- Quote ---Fear my Svirfneblin Warlock!

9d6 Eldritch blast at level 20, unlimited number of casts a day!

[snapback]31075[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Holy crap, can you cite your source there, 420?

-Elessar

420:

--- Quote ---Holy crap, can you cite your source there, 420?
-Elessar
[snapback]31076[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
This is assuming they don't tweak the official rules for "balance" (how I hate that word when used by Devs and not the community).

Warlock on NWN2Wiki

Bioware Forum Warlock Discussion with Dev Reply

Apparently there are various magic items to increase the damage even more but they won't be in NWN2 according to the Dev post.

EDIT: Hmm, but I wonder about the Maximize Spell-like Ability Metamagic Feat (probably won't be in NWN2)

EDIT EDIT:
--- Quote ---Duergar, drow, svirfs, aasimars and tieflings are not capped to any level. They can reach level 20 just like any other race - it just takes them longer.
--- End quote ---
I'm guessing GodSpire 2 will have a level cap for subraces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version