Author Topic: Darkness over Daggerford  (Read 36782 times)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« on: August 16, 2006, 04:43:54 PM »
Well I read up on the new Darkness over Daggerford mod on the vault, formerly up for Prem. Module until they all got scrapped. It apparently is a great mod. You can download it on the vault here : NWVault
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 05:14:25 PM »
Thanks for the info dude, I'll be checking it out. I love nwn mods, just been out of the loop with them lately.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 07:19:40 PM »
Aiiiiiiyeeeeee

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 07:23:19 PM »
downloading...downloading...downloading...PLAYING! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

-Elessar

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 07:32:48 PM »
Aiiiiiiyeeeeee
[snapback]30818[/snapback]
Hey, that's my line! Just without the Y in there.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 07:38:03 PM »
Hey, that's my line! Just without the Y in there.
[snapback]30820[/snapback]

Well then you can't claim it as your line, and i definitely am not paying any royalties!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 07:43:44 PM »
I wonder how it will stack up to Mercy's Daggerford. Heh.

One thing to note, when 1.68 comes out the new cloaks will only be a single color until they release a 1.68 compatable version of Darkness over Daggerford (which they said they will do soon after 1.68 is released).

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 07:44:36 PM by 420 »

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »
Well, there's is alot better! :D I d/led and played it today. Their Daggerford is amazing, and I am currently rebuilding mine. I am seriously thinking about updating to CEP. But I dunno, I would prefer to not do that. *shrugs* Who knows.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 07:58:55 PM »
Mercy, I have had experience in helping with a module (Bloodright: The Blood Royal) and I have played many others, and helped with others, and from my point of view, CEP is good, but you are best off taking what you want from it, rather than using the whole thing. Which means making a custom content package, because it makes less requirements, plus CEP tends to slow things down, and in some cases cause problems.

@Mo: Fucking thief.

Edit: I pointed out Bloodright for a reason, as I did some bug reporting, that's the mod where I learned the effects of CEP the most. So that's why I pointed that one out. =)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 08:00:14 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 08:04:56 PM »
Hmm, I could use you for some bug testing maybe, if you had free time. :P

Off-Topic a bit :

I am having a problem with nwserver. I can run and host mods, but the only way for someone to log on now, is to follow me through buddylist or to have it in their history. Even though you can see it in the server list. Isnt that wierd? Any suggestions?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »
Sure. I'm one of those players that is, not only a perfectionist, but extremely thorough in gameplay, and I often fuck up plots and stuff when playing because I am so thorough I did something or went somewhere somehow before I was supposed to. So it's a pretty good trait for bug testing, but it sucks ass when you're trying to have fun with a finished mod or game. Though I am guessing this is supposed to be an RP server? Not a downloadable mod? If that's the case, then you are better off going with or without CEP and not creating a custom pack, it also makes bug testing a bit different. =)

That fucking problem happens all the time. It pisses me off, I've had it happen myself, and so have other people I know, but I don't know what fixes it!

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 08:40:13 PM »
Damn. Yea its an RP Server, good old rp. lol. Since PvP is dead, I enjoy the rp servers alot. Been meaning on making one since SoU just never have finished it. So hopefully soon it will be done and I can get it up and running!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 08:52:15 PM »
I am having a problem with nwserver. I can run and host mods, but the only way for someone to log on now, is to follow me through buddylist or to have it in their history. Even though you can see it in the server list.
[snapback]30825[/snapback]

GameSpy did something funky a month or so ago so that you now have to foward ports associated with GameSpy (as well as the standard nwserver ones).

I listed the GameSpy ports in this thread.

As for the CEP, I'm currently doing their creature blueprints and I can tell you it looks pretty incredible. I haven't even had time to check out the items/placeables, though I know most of the CODI content made it in to CEP v2. Once, my deadline is up (tomorrow) I'll have more time to check out the rest of the CEP v2 content and play Darkness over Daggerford!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 08:54:51 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 08:54:49 PM »
Surprisingly I actually did that the second time I hosted without knowing I needed too. Haha. Cool.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 10:13:16 PM »
can anyone tell me how to access the damn "World Map" i keep seeing around...?

-Elessar

EDIT: oh and mercy, can you post your server information or account name? i want to come see what you've got if its open

EDIT2: Dude, this worldmap thing is sick. I want to use it.

-Elessar
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 11:13:32 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 01:43:49 AM »
Off-Topic a bit :

I am having a problem with nwserver. I can run and host mods, but the only way for someone to log on now, is to follow me through buddylist or to have it in their history. Even though you can see it in the server list. Isnt that wierd? Any suggestions?
[snapback]30825[/snapback]

Ya i've given up on Lamespy, what a piece of fucking shit.  GS had that problem, it's related to the fact that nwserver uses UDP packets and not TCP (so Talon told me).  Restart your router and server pc.  Should solve it.  As for that port forwarding crap.  I guess you should do that also.  I actually forwarded those ports a couple of weeks ago but GS still doesn't show up in Action. W/e

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »
back on topic: woooo, DoD is great! a little confining until you get past the lockdown, but great!

-Elessar

EDIT: occured to say this after i finished posting.....beware, some of the quests are a little screwy and don't always end properly, but i figure the ones that do aren't the main quests so its alright

-Elessar

EDIT2: is anyone else slightly bugged by the fact that the Temple of Lathandar faces north instead of east?

-Elessar
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 12:17:32 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 12:25:07 PM »
EDIT: occured to say this after i finished posting.....beware, some of the quests are a little screwy and don't always end properly, but i figure the ones that do aren't the main quests so its alright
-Elessar

EDIT2: is anyone else slightly bugged by the fact that the Temple of Lathandar faces north instead of east?

-Elessar
[snapback]30835[/snapback]

Sounds like you have some bugs to report, do it early so the fixes will make it into the 1.68 compatable version!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 02:14:54 PM »
hehe, alright...and now for your viewing pleasure, a few screenies recently taken from Darkness of Daggerford!

1. Elessar catches a view of a waterfall on the trail of some cattle rustlers.
[attachmentid=891]
2. Elessar takes one last look at Castle Exeltis before leaving.Note: The name is blacked out to try and prevent spoiling what happens here if you do it the way I did.
[attachmentid=892]

-Elessar

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 03:00:36 PM »
Bugs? God, i can't even get the module started. NWN crashes when the module is loaded up to about 10%. Bummer.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 03:28:53 PM »
2. Elessar takes one last look at Castle Exeltis before leaving.
[snapback]30837[/snapback]

Cool looking castle! I sent off the CEP creature blueprints this morning and just got back from grocery shopping so I'm gonna check out this mod now. I'll probably be looking for some Gunz action a little later though.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 04:03:13 PM »
nice! have fun! and..because its too cool not to post a picture of, i give you the Darkness of Daggerford world map as far as I've uncovered.  B)
[attachmentid=893]

EDIT: these bad boys need to touch fire and acid, or they come back - oh my!  :o
[attachmentid=894]

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 04:22:09 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 07:56:58 PM »
I have way more upper and center areas than that, but not some of the ones down by the coast. And a few bugs? Holy shit... if I wrote a bug report they would prolly trash it because of the length. lol. My advice if you're going to play this, (actually this goes for almost any module but...) save often. Especially before making big decisions.

Like this one that is irking me because I don't know if the npc will be needed, this farmer dude was going to "bring me back through the forest" but it did nothing and he just stands there not moving and cant talk to him. Argghhhh

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »
nice! have fun! and..because its too cool not to post a picture of, i give you the Darkness of Daggerford world map as far as I've uncovered.  B)

EDIT: these bad boys need to touch fire and acid, or they come back - oh my!  :o

[snapback]30840[/snapback]

Wow that world map looks neat, I hadn't seen it before. It's too bad though, if it had been a Premium Mod we may have gotten the World Map patch at some point.

About the trolls, they have to hit fire AND acid? Not "or"?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 08:59:16 PM »
It's or if I recall.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 10:09:04 PM »
I dunno, I think it's fire and acid...I think last time I only did one they came back...either way, keep acid flasks and alchemists fires with you when you might run into them.

About the map, I mostly went south following where my quests needed me, but my map is much more extended now. I'd get on and get you my current map listings, but I'm stuck in a place later on. I won't say where, in case either of you haven't gotten there yet.

-Elessar

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2006, 10:09:12 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooo anything but Trolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 10:14:02 PM »
About the trolls, they have to hit fire AND acid? Not "or"?

[snapback]30842[/snapback]

Depends on the type of Troll.  For example a Fire Troll is immune to acid and fire.  The Slime Troll secretes acid.  The general rule of thumb is that trolls are weak against fire.  So stick to a fire weapon and you'll be fine.  Just make sure it's not a FIRE TROLL!!!!

*runs*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:14:51 PM by Mo »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2006, 10:27:54 PM »
I dunno, I think it's fire and acid...I think last time I only did one they came back...either way, keep acid flasks and alchemists fires with you when you might run into them.

About the map, I mostly went south following where my quests needed me, but my map is much more extended now. I'd get on and get you my current map listings, but I'm stuck in a place later on. I won't say where, in case either of you haven't gotten there yet.
-Elessar
[snapback]30846[/snapback]
Trust me, I won't have ANY problems. lol. I am playing a rogue, I am hoping for some good rapiers to dual wield, but right now I have a rapier and a short sword. I am using a short sword I found off the corpse of some dude right in the beginning of the mod, does nice fire damage and stuff. I am also in possession of some rag like garments I found in a rather clever hiding place, that does some fire blaze thing on hit, and has unlimited uses of fire weapon. So I'm just dandy. lol.

I will note, that being a rogue in this mod is very, very helpful. And so far I haven't found many things that change your alignment, so you could probably be a paladin and still do B&E. lol. I've only had my alignment change once towards evil for something, and I currently do not even remember what it was, and it was only 1 point too.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Darkness over Daggerford
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2006, 12:00:01 AM »
ya, i think i had about 4 allignment changes and it was all for honoring the paladins code.

being a rogue is definitely a good thing with this module with all the traps and locked items, but paladin is fun. good advice for anyone: play a character with even just a little persuade, i think i had 5 and 2 points of it were from modifiers somewhere.

anyway, i just beat the mod so i've got a few ending pics for you - no spoilers :)

of course, starting with the death of the big baddy! he's fairly easy to kill hack and slash, and theres a gift for beating him for arcane casters or anyone with high use magic item....Too bad i didn't catch it at the time where he's saying "Curse you, Elessar Telr�¹nya! Curse you!"
[attachmentid=897]

of course, right after this, dear old tala - yes, remember her? she gets kidnapped in the first cutscene!- is freed. yay!
[attachmentid=898]

silly orcs. our guns are bigger than yours now.
[attachmentid=895]

THE END!
[attachmentid=896]

well, i'm off to houston tomorrow morning for a wedding, i'll see ya'll again monday, maybe sunday

-Elessar

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 12:00:35 AM by Lord Elessar »