Author Topic: Free Lineage2 Private Server  (Read 23740 times)

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
Free Lineage2 Private Server
« on: July 15, 2006, 07:15:17 PM »
I'm here to tell this community about a fun, high-quality and free MMORPG. The game's called Lineage 2 and it's made by the same company that brought you Guildwars, City of Heroes and City of Villains. On the official servers, it costs $15/mo to play, but thanks to the wonders of open source server emulation, the game can be played for free legally. And in the game, perhaps you guys can make your own clan for your own community.

About the game:
Lineage 2 is an MMORPG, with the races Orc, Elf, Dark Elf, Human and Dwarf. Each races have their own advantages and disadvantages. For example, Dwarves are the money makers of the game and have very high HP, but they have decent attack power and don't get many skills. There is no cross-race competition, people of different races work together, can be of the same clans, alliances, etc.

The game Lineage 2 was released in 2004 - but that does not mean it's old. Every 6 months there are -huge- updates called Chronicles which includes new areas, new equipment, new looks, and so on. This server is on the latest, Chronicle 4. Chronicle 5 will be released soon.

A Dark Elven female running

Character Evolution
The whole thing goes down in the world of Aden. When making your character, you choose your race, and get to customize your character. You also choose between two types of classes (usually, it's Fighter or Mage). You have this very basic class until you hit 20, at which point you can upgrade your class into two choices which have two very different uses. The same happens for level 20-40, because by level 40 you get to choose your next class which goes further into specifics.

Let's use a Dark Elf Mage as an example, until level 20 you get a combination of basic skills you'd get from your next classes, but at level 20 you have to choose whether you want to become a damage dealer or a support character. Let's say at level 20 you chose to be a Dark Wizard which is a damage dealing class. Until 40 you get a combination of two types of skills. By level 40, you have to choose between two classes - a spellhowler, which is purely magic spells and handicaps against the opponent. Another choice in this class evolution besides spellhowler is a Phantom Summoner which relies much less heavily on magic skills, but instead on http://lineage2.ogaming.com/gallery/albums/misc/night.jpg]it's monster summons[/url] to do the damage dealing or tanking (depends on the summon used), while the character attacks in melee form instead of magic spells.

There is a lot more to the class evolution that is too much to include. More about it can be found at the official site which will be linked at the bottom.

A Dark Elf female - a fighter class

PvP, Clans, Wars
Lineage II is a unique game in that the game is really governed by the people who play the game, more specifically the clans. How it works is that, like any other MMORPG, there are clans. Every clan, once having reached level 3, gets a clan crest - which is a small picture icon above your head representing your clan. A clan can have upto thirty members, but there can be several clans in an alliance.

What's unique about the incentive of PvP and Clans is that every now and then there are Castle Sieges. There are a few castles in the land of Aden, and a central castle which governs the whole place called, appropriately, "The Castle of Aden". Each of these castles under the castle of Aden governs a town. The clan that occupies the castle, even, gets full control on the amount of taxes placed on the town - so everytime something is purchased from the town, the tax goes directly to the clan to help fund for better armour/weapons. There are castle seiges one a castle even if it is occupied - this gives a chance for the clan occupying the castle to defend it against other clans who may want it.

The PvP works in a way different than other MMORPGs. In Lineage 2 there is no common enemy to fight (WoW's a big example of this). Clan/individual competition is not uncommon, however. Usually, a person's name above their name will be white - but if a white attacks another white, it turns purple. If a white attacks a purple, he also turns purple. This is not without reason - it's better if a PvP happens when both are white, this is because if a white/purple was to attack a white to the point of killing him without him attacking back, the killer (known as PKer in the game) has his title turned red (called a Chaotic). Somebody who is red remains so for about three deaths per PK, by each death the players Karma comes down. When a player is chaotic, the chances of him losing his armour/weapons and things in his inventory are much more likely to drop, which can be difficult to get back.

A zoom-in of Dark Elves fighting in a castle seige

PvE, Raids and so on
The game's got a lot of group PvE, especially as you go higher level. There are minibosses, raidbosses, and a huge boss for each Chronicle. Raids are essential and fun because bosses tend to drop large quantities of items and adena (in-game currency).

A raid on the first Chronicle's boss, Antharas

Pets
The game is not without it's pets. The way pets work in L2 is unlike WoW where you have to be of a certain class to have a pet that is something other than cosmetic. The starter pet is a http://www.lineage2.com/images/knowledge/summon_3.jpg]Wolf[/url], which is a level 15 pet. Next is a level 35 hatchling[/url ] (baby dragon) - there are three different races of hatchling, one for your classes needs. There's a tank race, a damage dealing race, and one that's middle of the road. When the hatchling is used enough, like a regular game character, it gains XP and levels. Once leveled enough, a hatchling evolves into a [url= <a href='http://www.lineage2.com/images/knowledge/strider.gif' target='_blank'>http://www.lineage2.com/images/knowledge/strider.gif]strider</a>, which can be ridden (which is much faster than running). Once the strider is evolved, it turns into a http://www.lineage2.com/Knowledge/images/summon_wyvern.jpg]wyvern[/url], which is a dragon you can fly. Unlike World of Warcraft's equivalent, the "Gryphon", a wyvern is point-and-click to fly. You go your own route, just point your dragon flies you as you click (for example you can fly to the roof of a church and dismount there).

An Elven female flying a wyvern

Connectivity
If you wish to join us, the fastest way to get in is:

1) Get Flashget [spyware-free], which splits a download from HTTP/FTP into several parts and downloads them simultaneously. This is needed because the official site's download pages is often maxed with users downloading, so flashget will keep retrying until it gets a slot in.

1b) Alternatively (if you wish not to download and use Flashget), you can download it from FilePlanet. If this is the caste, skip step two.

2) Anywhere in your Flashget window, copy-paste this link into it (it will most likely freeze and say "Malloc Disk Space" for a while. This is normal, let it be, it will come out of it). It's best to have to Split Parts set to 10.

3) Download the patch (which can be downloaded at: www.lucidmagic.com/L2patch.exe )to have your client point to our free server.
4) Run your Lineage 2 game and create an account by typing in your desired username and password.

For more information on the game, visit LucidMagic's official site for screenshots, guides, and anything more you'll need.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 03:17:16 PM by nathan »

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 05:20:42 AM »
How busy is your server exactly?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 07:47:55 AM »
Not very busy right now, but we have just exited the "be cautious and look for huge bugs" phase and entered the "spread the word" phase. There's normally always at least a couple people on.

From GS, so far, I play, Nathan, Shade, and Khadgar has popped his head in. Also a friend of mine that popped in GS once in awhile plays, HeLLSpY, or Lord Essence on L2.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 08:40:54 AM »
Not very busy right now, but we have just exited the "be cautious and look for huge bugs" phase and entered the "spread the word" phase. There's normally always at least a couple people on.

From GS, so far, I play, Nathan, Shade, and Khadgar has popped his head in. Also a friend of mine that popped in GS once in awhile plays, HeLLSpY, or Lord Essence on L2.
[snapback]30563[/snapback]

Hehe, well, Shade's already roped me into coming back...see you soon! ^-^' btw, Nathan, you or another admin might want to fix those links that don't look like they have the full tag closed somewhere. it's a bit difficult to read

-Elessar
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 08:42:00 AM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 08:52:52 AM »
Server is down right now, had a MySQL error, seems to be a problem many have experienced. Essence and I have found various ways to possibly fix it, but Nathan is asleep. So the server will be down awhile. -_-

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 09:00:30 AM »
Server is down right now, had a MySQL error, seems to be a problem many have experienced. Essence and I have found various ways to possibly fix it, but Nathan is asleep. So the server will be down awhile. -_-
[snapback]30567[/snapback]
hell, his download link doesn't seem to work, can you fix it? :x

-Elessar

EDIT: nvm, i fixed the link myself after a few tries

« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 09:04:25 AM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 12:01:33 PM »
Be careful if you're downloading the client from fileplanet. I have tried, and so have others, for some reason fileplanets is often corrupt. The official sites download doesn't work, and the regular patcher misses files.

Offline Frank10LR

• MSN Messenger - fralapla@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - frank10lr@yahoo.it
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hackweb.altervista.org
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 12:09:48 PM »
by clicking until downoad starts this link
"If I talk to God I'm religious, if God talks to me I'm crazy"[/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']Ψ ~~~ ₣!gђÃƒÂ¢? !πg 4 Pâ?¬аÃ?©ξ Ỉâ? '$ Ł!κΣ ₣υÃ?©k!πg 4 ٧!Ã?®g!π!â? Ã?Â¥ ~~~ Ψ

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 02:32:34 PM »
hmmm...i've downloaded several times and i just can't get a working one, is there anyway i can take the l2 chronicle 3 and just update/upgrade that to chronicles 4 w/o having to dl the entire ch4? i still have the ch3 stuff(wow) and it's in good condition...

-Elessar

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 03:35:31 PM »
The one Frankie posted should work, it's the official, you have to be violent with it to get it to work sometimes. Maybe check the forums for more info, specifically this thead:
http://lucidmagic.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 08:25:10 PM »
dude, i tried the official one, it was "of unknown type or damaged" =P

-Elessar

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 12:35:39 AM »
That download isnt worth it.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 01:51:38 AM »
The server is back up and working now, we made a fresh start, to help fix a problem, and to end the testing period.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 04:52:09 AM »
Here is an interesting thread on another forum: "GM Spamming"

Response

« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 04:52:37 AM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 10:44:07 AM »
ahh! i fixed it, lol, i coulda done it the whole time, i just needed a newer version of winzip! lol xD anyway, i hope to see you online soon, hell, but first...where do i register an account? I seem to remember registering somewhere other than the L2 official site for the otherone that was hosted before now

-Elessar

EDIT: nvm, i got my answer. but now when i go log back in my password doesn't work  &lt;_&lt;

-Elessar
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 11:23:18 AM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 11:37:34 AM »
Here is an interesting thread on another forum: "GM Spamming"

Response

[snapback]30580[/snapback]
Yes, we took care of that. The end result was the guy who came to make that topic, ended up joining our server. lol

Elessar, make sure you typed it correctly. The loginserver is always laggy as fuck, and if you typed your password in too fast, it may have skipped characters. You may have screwed up the first time, or perhaps you are messing up now. I doubt it is something else, but I'll see if I can get it changed later today if you're still having troubles. If you still can't get it to log you in, try purposely skipping characters in your password, or moving them around a bit.

Example:

killer959: kiler99, kller59, killre959, etc.

I hope that helps.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 09:32:21 PM »
It doesnt let me enter, i type name and pass and good takes me to server screen but then i click on the server that seems to be up (the 2nd) and it just never lets me enter

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 09:35:56 PM »
Join the one named Illona and try spamming it until you join..

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 10:04:27 PM »
It doesnt let me enter, i type name and pass and good takes me to server screen but then i click on the server that seems to be up (the 2nd) and it just never lets me enter
[snapback]30583[/snapback]

atleast you get past the login screen - the login button doesn't work for me!

-Elessar

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 02:21:29 AM »
A question: Do you buy the main package in a shop and then patch it with the C4, or just download the C4 to play, asking this becasue i'm interested and I couldn't see on in a shop or any video games website

Offline Frank10LR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 04:06:01 AM »
U only need to download it to play, look HERE for info.

[span style=\'color:green\']Ψ ~~~ ₣!gђÃƒÂ¢? !πg 4 Pâ?¬аÃ?©ξ Ỉâ? '$ Ł!κΣ ₣υÃ?©k!πg 4 ٧!Ã?®g!π!â? Ã?Â¥ ~~~ Ψ

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 04:16:34 AM »
The Liona server shows down with 9999 ping and even with that its say theres a large amount of users tryin to access the server and my login failed.... err thats a joke right? lol
does anyone actually can enter the server?

Offline Frank10LR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 06:36:47 AM »
yes, but HeLL said that there is only a server, enter in one that not shows 9999 ping

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 06:44:25 AM »
It should work, make sure your firewall is not blocking it. Of them all, there is only one that is the server. The one that has low ping, and doesn't say Down.

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 11:44:03 AM »
Alright thanks, expect to see me in a couple weeks when I get back from the USA

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 06:34:20 PM »
i actually have firewall disabled and it still doesnt let me, the sieghardt server is the only one that shows 222 ping and up but doesnt let me enter either

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 07:43:08 PM »
Dunno what the problem is then, it's got 96 ping to me normally, and logs in fine.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 08:28:17 PM »
i already found the problem and already logged in, was cos i forgot to update the client running lineage II.exe, it doesnt say to update client in the setup page so i though it wasnt needed :P

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2006, 04:41:34 PM »
If anyone is wondering what happened just a few minutes ago, the server crashed, it will be back up shortly. Blame Nathan for not listening to his GM's.

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 01:42:42 PM »
yes, but HeLL said that there is only a server, enter in one that not shows 9999 ping
[snapback]30589[/snapback]
Join the server that has the least ping.