Author Topic: Chards KoV Game  (Read 28289 times)

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« on: June 14, 2006, 04:06:38 PM »
I decided to try and make a game of KoV. A few years ago i was already making games with a program called simply game maker. I forgot some of the basic stuff but i'm reading guides and tutorials just to make a decent Final Fantasy 1 like graphical game of KoV.

I will post here when the game is ready, which will probaly take a very long time. But now some people hopefully have something to look forward too.  :)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 04:10:34 PM »
I decided to try and make a game of KoV. A few years ago i was already making games with a program called simply game maker. I forgot some of the basic stuff but i'm reading guides and tutorials just to make a decent Final Fantasy 1 like graphical game of KoV.

I will post here when the game is ready, which will probaly take a very long time. But now some people hopefully have something to look forward too.  :)
[snapback]29642[/snapback]
You may want to check this out then: http://www.toolkitzone.com/

I've been using it for years and years now.

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 04:15:52 PM »
Oh and for those wondering, the game will obviously be free.

Imagine a platform-like game where you travel in a vast Medievil world as a newbie swordsman. A swordsman that want's to join the kings elite guards, The Knights Of Valar. As the newbie comes in the main city he discovers KoV betrayed the king and are  now known as the "Seekers Of Darkness" (Following a mysterious dark figure.)

The game concept is quite simple... As you progress in areas you get to fight lots of KoV minions and every single KoV member as Bosses.

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:17:43 PM »
You may want to check this out then: http://www.toolkitzone.com/

I've been using it for years and years now.
[snapback]29644[/snapback]

Wow thanks! This stuff is usefull!

Ser Red Ronnet Connington

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »
Oh and for those wondering, the game will obviously be free.

Imagine a platform-like game where you travel in a vast Medievil world as a newbie swordsman. A swordsman that want's to join the kings elite guards, The Knights Of Valar. As the newbie comes in the main city he discovers KoV betrayed the king and are  now known as the "Seekers Of Darkness" (Following a mysterious dark figure.)

The game concept is quite simple... As you progress in areas you get to fight lots of KoV minions and every single KoV member as Bosses.
[snapback]29647[/snapback]

Tee Hee Tee Hee!

Do i get to be the final boss.. the ultimate, the undefeatable Ser Red Ronnet Connington? The "mysterious dark figure"?

Mwuuuhahahahahahahohohohohahaha!

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 04:22:57 PM »
Tee Hee Tee Hee!

Do i get to be the final boss.. the ultimate, the undefeatable Ser Red Ronnet Connington? The "mysterious dark figure"?

Mwuuuhahahahahahahohohohohahaha!
[snapback]29649[/snapback]

AAAAh! You... Yes you are... But now everybody knows who the "mysterious dark figure " is. Well i could always mess around with the story and give you the "Old Dojo Trainer guy" roll.  :P

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 04:28:42 PM »
AAAAh! You... Yes you are... But now everybody knows who the "mysterious dark figure " is. Well i could always mess around with the story and give you the "Old Dojo Trainer guy" roll.  :P
[snapback]29650[/snapback]

Lol i want to be the mysterious dark figure.. and while ur at it, why dont u make me a god to?

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 04:29:17 PM »
Lol i want to be the mysterious dark figure.. and while ur at it, why dont u make me a god to?
[snapback]29652[/snapback]

A God can't be a mysterious dark figure.  :P

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 04:30:03 PM »
A God can't be a mysterious dark figure.  :P
[snapback]29653[/snapback]

Yes a god can.. and why do u reply so quickly? lets keep this ontopic though
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:30:27 PM by Ser Red Ronnet Connington »

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
    • http://
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 04:30:23 PM »
Just don't forget me wtih my PM bard [Try and hit 107 ac you newby swordsman! muhahaha!]

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 04:31:09 PM »
Oh and i need you to post or pm me a list of how you would rank the KoV members. So i can see in what order you fight them in the game. Like from the decent duelers to the very good duelers.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:40:31 PM by Ser Red Ronnet Connington »

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 04:31:35 PM »
Just don't forget me wtih my PM bard [Try and hit 107 ac you newby swordsman! muhahaha!]
[snapback]29655[/snapback]

Being a god il just strike u down with a lightning bolt.. eh :D
Lets no turn this into an Im session.. come to Epic arena.. im killing noobs in 12 ac
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:32:36 PM by Ser Red Ronnet Connington »

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
    • http://
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 04:32:17 PM »
Not if it reqiures a ref save, I have evasion! lol

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 04:34:53 PM »
It would also be very usefull for me if the KoV members post a pic of their favorite outfit and weapon. So i can recreate that in the game.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 04:39:09 PM »
Lookin good Chard, if you need any tips with the toolset, I MIGHT be able to help ya. But don't get your hopes up, I have not used it in months, and every project I started I gave up on, just don't have the drive.

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 04:39:19 PM »
If any other member here that isn't in KoV and wants to be in this game, don't be afraid to ask.

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 04:40:57 PM »
Lookin good Chard, if you need any tips with the toolset, I MIGHT be able to help ya. But don't get your hopes up, I have not used it in months, and every project I started I gave up on, just don't have the drive.
[snapback]29662[/snapback]

Okay, i'll ask you if i need help. That program is new to me so i'll probaly need help if im gonna use that.

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 04:40:58 PM »
Oh and i need you to post or pm me a list of how you would rank the KoV members. So i can see in what order you fight them in the game. Like from the decent duelers to the very good duelers.
[snapback]29657[/snapback]

Lol i get to rank the duelers.. in the clan, well i wont include myself..

Overall rank including mages, melee, ranged, and success with odd builds id have to say:
Ixi
Sonicle
Hydros
Grug
Pennymarket
Miqqo
Massiah
Dante
Spirt
Chard
Willsywest
KWZ

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 04:43:09 PM »

Overall rank including mages, melee, ranged, and success with odd builds id have to say:
Ixi
Sonicle
Hydros
Grug
Pennymarket
Miqqo
Massiah
Dante
Spirt
Chard
Willsywest
KWZ
[snapback]29665[/snapback]

Thanks ... wow Ixi is gonna be hard to beat. But he's nothing compared to the "mysterious dark figure".
 :vampire:

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 04:44:42 PM »
Okay, i'll ask you if i need help. That program is new to me so i'll probaly need help if im gonna use that.
[snapback]29664[/snapback]
I assure you it is very good, and look around the site. They have TONS of recources, I don't think you'll even have to draw one tile on your own. Don't be afraid to ask me something, but also don't be afraid to look for yourself, if I remember the help files were very good, and the community is active and very helpful. And uhh, if you want to make things real good, you're going to need to do some scripting with it's RPG code, there are guides and such available, as well as prewritten scripts.

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 04:48:15 PM »
I assure you it is very good, and look around the site. They have TONS of recources, I don't think you'll even have to draw one tile on your own. Don't be afraid to ask me something, but also don't be afraid to look for yourself, if I remember the help files were very good, and the community is active and very helpful. And uhh, if you want to make things real good, you're going to need to do some scripting with it's RPG code, there are guides and such available, as well as prewritten scripts.
[snapback]29667[/snapback]

I have never seen this before. I looked for RPG makers for hours but i only found programs for which you need to pay. I never made an RPG before (that's why i used to make platform games to begin with.) so im very excited!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 04:53:18 PM »
They do have a version you can pay for, it has some extra features, but isn't that much better. What you really pay for with the other version is for the license to actually sell your game. And if I remember correctly, it didn't cost all that much either, and was basically for paying off some of the expenses to offer something like this free.

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 04:55:13 PM »
I just took a closer look on toolkitzone.com and i have to say thanks again HeLL! This is what i have been looking for for ages.

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 04:57:48 PM »

Ixi
Sonicle
Hydros
Grug
Pennymarket
Miqqo
Massiah
Dante
Spirt
Chard
Willsywest
KWZ
[snapback]29665[/snapback]

Do u think these are fair ?:D

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 04:58:49 PM »
Do u think these are fair ?:D
[snapback]29672[/snapback]

Yup, im looking forward to killing myself in the game rofl.  :lol:

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 06:23:29 PM »
Another free game construction tool: Adventure Game Studio

These seem to be more along the lines of Monkey Island and the ilk.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 01:26:41 AM »
Another free game construction tool: Adventure Game Studio

These seem to be more along the lines of Monkey Island and the ilk.

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]29678[/snapback]

Wow cool. :o  Thanks Throbble! I loved the Monkey Island series.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 02:43:42 AM »
Any time - Glad to be of service!

-Throbble "El Pollo Diablo" Foot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Psycho

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 07:11:41 AM »
Yeah Chard! nice idea  and if you got some time left would you please include me in the game :D

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 07:12:25 AM »
Yeah Chard! nice idea  and if you got some time left would you please include me in the game :D
[snapback]29753[/snapback]

Sure, just tell me what you wan't to look like and what kind of weapons you use.