Author Topic: Next GodSpire Creature?  (Read 27502 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »
GO JOE FIXIT!!!!! W00T!

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2005, 04:20:14 AM »
About the Demilich : she's way to predictible , she can be circled just timing :
Mantle , dispell ( she dispells you ) , isaacs ( she mantles up ) , mantle ( she uses an offensive spell ) then dispell , etc .

And somtimes I got her to use her sling but sometimes not , and she never used any epics on me .
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2005, 01:37:32 PM »
About the Demilich : she's way to predictible , she can be circled just timing :
Mantle , dispell ( she dispells you ) , isaacs ( she mantles up ) , mantle ( she uses an offensive spell ) then dispell , etc .

And somtimes I got her to use her sling but sometimes not , and she never used any epics on me .
[snapback]22812[/snapback]

The epic spells are set to trigger when your life is down to a certain point, below 250 HP I think. Thanks for the analysis of the AI though I will work to improve it.

Would you suggest a slightly randomized AI where sometimes it will skip mantle to cast an offensive spell after it dispels?

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2005, 01:54:19 PM »
I think it should be able to dodge when you cast a groud dispell :D
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2005, 03:40:42 AM »
The epic spells are set to trigger when your life is down to a certain point, below 250 HP I think. Thanks for the analysis of the AI though I will work to improve it.

Would you suggest a slightly randomized AI where sometimes it will skip mantle to cast an offensive spell after it dispels?

[snapback]22829[/snapback]

Not randomizing the AI but ... ( I dunno if it's possible , I am a total noob at computer stuff ) making the AI more ... defensive , using her massive hp to protect her like : both of the caster and the demilich are unmantled , instead of going for an offensive spell like she usually does , making her wait a bit seeing if the human caster mantles up ( then she mantle OR dispell if she has like 100 hp more than the hp of the human caster ) , if the human caster uses an offensive spell she uses one too because it will hit .
Btw some ground spell would be good like fire cloud and the black tentacle thing :)

A question : Should I say "it" instead of "she" :D ?
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2005, 12:34:30 PM »
A question : Should I say "it" instead of "she" :D ?
[snapback]22892[/snapback]

Good ideas up there, I'll work on it. You can call it whatever you want, Demiliches are too ancient to really be affected by whatever gender they once were.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2005, 05:42:03 PM »
Two New Monster for You![/span]
Finally got around to finishing off these 2 creatures while I was away. One is a new boss!

[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']Ephemeral Shadowswyft[/span][/span] [span style=\'color:red\']Boss![/span]
Outsider
[attachmentid=451]

Look out behind you 420!
[attachmentid=452]

The Ephemeral Shadowswyft is possibly the deadliest assassin in all the planes. No one knows how many exist or if it is a unique entity. Shrowded in darkness, silence and secrets, it is an enigma even to the other inhabitants of the Plane of Shadow.

[span style=\'color:blue\']Combat[/span]

Aura of Silence (Su): The Ephemeral Shadowswyft is constantly under the effects of Silence (as the spell). This is a Supernatural ability that can be suppressed or reactivated as a free action.

Self Concealment (Su): Because of the Ephemeral Shadowswyft's quasi-incorporeal nature all melee and ranged attacks made against it have a 50% miss chance.

Hide in Plain Sight: The Ephemeral Shadowswyft can use the Hide skill even while being observed.

Sneak Attack: Extra damage dealt to targets that are flat-footed, flanked or can't see the attacker.

Death Attack: Chance that a sneak attack will paralyze.

[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'color:blue\']Spellstitched Alhoon[/span]

Undead
[attachmentid=453]

How to remove your opponent's brain in 3 easy steps:

1. Stun your opponent with a mind blast.
[attachmentid=454]

2. Wrap tenticals around helpless opponent's head.
[attachmentid=455]

3. Suck out brain, drop mindless husk. If anyone is still alive, repeat process.
[attachmentid=456]

Spellstitched Alhoons are the paragon of lichdom for Mind Flayers. In addition to the incredible power they gain from becomming a lich, they are further fortified with arcane power through the magical runes carved into their bodies. All intelligent beings fear the Spellstitched Alhoon, even other Illithids.

[span style=\'color:blue\']Combat

Undead Properties: Spellstitched Alhoons are immune to mind affecting spells/effects, disease, poison, Critical Hits, Death Magic, Sneak Attacks and Negative Energy Damage.

Lich Properties: Spellstitched Alhoons are immune to Cold and Electricity damage.

Spellstitched Properties: The runes covering the Spellstitched Alhoon's body give it Spell Resistance (50 SR) as well as unleashing a Lesser Missle Storm on anyone that physically attacks it.

Mind Blast (Sp): The Spellstitched Alhoon can release 2 types of psionic mind blast to stun opponents. The first is the standard cone attack employed by all Mind Flayers. The Second is a 10' radius mind blast centered on the Spellstitched Alhoon. Both types of psionic attack have a DC 70.

Extract (Ex): A Spellstitched Alhoon can automatically extract the brain of a helpless target within melee range, killing it instantly.

Weakening Touch (Su): A Spellstitched Alhoon can drain strength with it's touch.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 09:01:12 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2005, 07:33:50 PM »
I think I am actually quite scared.......

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2005, 08:14:59 PM »
everything is possible even to beat those creatures (can't wait) though i have to agree with mo that i'm a bit scared too :unsure:
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Dark Jimbo

• View Profile
    • http://
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2005, 08:23:47 PM »
Well, from personal experience, the Ephemeral Shadowswyft is NOT nice to play hide and seak with...
Jimbo™

"...its better to ask and not get the answer you want, than to not ask at all..."

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2005, 10:50:10 PM »
Soon I'll add an Arena Area where you can spawn the various GodSpire creatures to battle with.

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2005, 09:05:22 AM »
We ought to make a small adventuring area in GS not including the dungeon. GS capable builds only and there will be 1 creature at a time with increasing difficulty.

~Celestial
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Next GodSpire Creature?
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2005, 10:03:18 AM »
It is official... we will have war one day with our own AI's... unless of course some damn bacteria/virus whipes 90% of the human race off the planet, leaving the last 10% to die from simpler diseases... the inevitable...