Author Topic: Europeans Sents  (Read 18611 times)

Offline AngelsWings

• MSN Messenger - angelswings9@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« on: July 14, 2004, 08:43:43 AM »
This morning (European Time) i had gone in GS and people groaned whit me because i was the first sent there in all day.... :o
I think we need more europeans sents.....
In this period a lot of europeans sents are disappeared (Sev, Pang, Anymouse is gone in the army)
Me, Melisa, Talon and Raven arent enought..... :(    (im sorry if i forgot someone)

In the afternoon (when in america is morning) there are usually 2 or 3 sents and thats ok    :D  
Angel - Amra [/span]
[span style=\'color:orange\']�?�§�?�§TSoGS�?�§�?�§

-Melisa: "mm"

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 10:47:28 AM »
Well, I would usually be on in the morning and afternoon during European time, but my internet time is down to 10 hours a month. Because I lost my job, but Ill be getting my main internet back soon.  
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Boo

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 02:47:18 PM »
I have begged to b sent for soooo long and nothing has happend :P.. Im from europe and i'd love to b sent
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 02:48:31 PM by Boo »
Sweden isn't so bad. We have IKEA..And..IKEA[/color]

Offline AngelsWings

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 03:22:10 PM »
For Mo,
I had a idea.....say me what do u think.....
Me, Melisa, Talon and Raven will observe someone who usually is in GS in europeans morning and we will talking about him like new sents...... i think we realy need 1.....or 2 maybe.    :rolleyes:
Are u agree Mo?

U are the leader of sents yet, right?   :huh:

Thx
Angel - Amra [/span]

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 04:04:58 PM »
I have begged to b sent for soooo long and nothing has happend :P.. Im from europe and i'd love to b sent
How long have you been playing on Godspire?  I only ask because the idea of "for so long.." is very subjective.

I've played on Godspire for about 2 years now, and I honestly don't think I've met you in game yet.  I know people who have been playing for almost as long as I have that have professed interest in being a sentinel that still aren't.

I'm glad to see that so many people are interested in helping enforce the rules of Godspire, it shows that the community that's being fostered there is one that the majority of the player population agrees with.  Unfortunately, in the eyes of people that have been here for a long time, someone who's been playing a month or two and asks to be a sent has not been "asking for a long time."

There are rare exceptions, but generally you will need to be very well known by the people who make these decisions.  Posting here is a good way to accomplish that, but don't be surprised if your request to become a sentinel is ignored.  This is a very subjective matter, you may have been playing on Godspire since you bought NWN, but that doesn't necessarily mean its been long enough to catch the eye of someone able to grant sentinel powers.

Now this is *not* directed at you specifically Boo, only the first two paragraphs really, because I've noticed you have become extremely active in the community, and was just a bit curious since I don't believe I've met you yet.  

As for the rest of what I've said, that is more in response to the dozens of posts by people asking to be a sent.  People I don't know.  I am obviously not the authority on this matter, but I can say that I play a lot, and I've played for awhile.  It always throws me off when I run into someone I haven't met that seems convinced they're the next sentinel.
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Offline Ludo

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 04:19:56 PM »
I am on at European mornings and pretty much the whole evening.. oh wait I forgot I am not a sent.

-Ludo
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 04:20:12 PM by Ludo »

Offline AngelsWings

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 04:21:58 PM »
i became a sent after 4 months but i saw people became sents in 3 weeks.....lol
i hope for you Boo, but i dont meet u a lot of times in GS   :o  strange u are very activi here on LM   :D  
Angel - Amra [/span]

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Europeans Sents
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 04:41:57 PM »
I'm not that much online (just 2-4 hours a day now) like I used to be (6-... hours) because a job. Maximum time I may work this year is 1 month so I'll be more online soon.

(I know I sit too long behind my computer a day, but I just love you all ^_^ )  

Offline AngelsWings

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 04:53:56 PM »
np Melisa    :D
i know that u love your sents job (and i think u prefer it than ur real job  ;) ) .
2-4 hours a day are a lot,  i usually play in GS for 2 or 3 a day....
This is the problem: we cant stay all day online   :o
Please Mo help us........lol
Angel - Amra [/span]

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 05:15:49 PM »
I will look to add more Sents once the Sent roster has been updated and the rank system in place.  Hopefully this won't be long.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 05:22:08 PM »
And just so you other sentinals know, I am also the leader of the sentinals, :) just so you know. Unless things have changed of which I havent been notified. But we do need European sents, and we will be looking for them. ( And no offense Boo, but maybe the begging is why you havent become a sent.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 05:22:51 PM by Mercy »
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Europeans Sents
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 05:23:15 PM »
I don't ask new sents. Maybe pang can be replaced by someone else because he don't shows up at all. But more sents than now isn't needed. Most of the frequent players on GS do punish rulebreakers too if there are not sents (even when there are sents, but well). In 90% of the times I need to handle rulebreakers I don't use my rune but other things a normal player can have too. I use the freeze if it's useless to try more or when there is no other way (spammers and so), it's more like a ban till they rejoin or get unfreezed that cutscene-freeze.  

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 08:41:37 PM »
I will look to add more Sents once the Sent roster has been updated and the rank system in place.  Hopefully this won't be long.
I am sorry to have kept it so long
I have had a lot of issues in my RL to deal with at the moment. and GS has had to take second place. Those of you who know me IRL will understand the circumstance at the moment, and trust that you will pass my regards to the community, and expect a resolve within the next 2 weeks.

Talon

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2004, 11:29:18 PM »
I will look to add more Sents once the Sent roster has been updated and the rank system in place.  Hopefully this won't be long.
I am sorry to have kept it so long
I have had a lot of issues in my RL to deal with at the moment. and GS has had to take second place. Those of you who know me IRL will understand the circumstance at the moment, and trust that you will pass my regards to the community, and expect a resolve within the next 2 weeks.

Talon
Np no need to apologize

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 12:39:38 PM »
I dont know why but there has been a decline of sents in gs
Why this is i dont know and could the sents plz be more observent
If u need a new sent im here in the eurpoean mornings and evenings and the american mornings where i havent seen many sents from 0-1

Offline AngelsWings

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 01:20:46 PM »
What do you mean whit a "rank system"?
Sents will have ranks?

Angel - Amra [/span]

Offline Lord_Aiden

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 04:51:03 PM »
I dont know why but there has been a decline of sents in gs
There are more sents now than there have ever been at any point in Godspire.. this is no "decline in sents."

Why this is i dont know and could the sents plz be more observent

One of the reasons sents aren't noticing some of the more malicious randomers, is these people KNOW what the yellow lights mean.  They commit thier infractions out of view of sents, or wait specifically until a sentinel is in a duel and therefore distracted.

If you see a randomer let someone know, I've quit in the middle of many duels to deal with a randomer.. that's part of being a sent.  But if I'm fighting someone my attention probably isn't going to be on the other side of the arena.

If the police only caught criminals who commited crimes in front of them, there wouldn't be too many criminals caught... you have to actually report this stuff... and that doesn't include chasing the person all over the arena.

If I see 4 people running around hitting some guy that's not fighting back (as often happens with a randomer), that means I have four randomers to stone.

Send me a tell instead if I'm on.. it's easy to do, /tp "Lord_Aiden" will send a tell to me regardless of what character I'm on.  Other sentinels I would encourage to also post your account names, can make reporting a "criminal" easier.
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2004, 02:07:50 PM »
Theres a problem in the morning, america's time
No sents and tones of randoming
I do my best in the morning to stop it and somtimes it works
But there are the lvl 40 randomers that i cant stop
So if u can get a sent in the mornings or make me a sent because i am there in the mornings and try to stop the randomers
So eather way plz help

Offline Anarki

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2004, 03:46:13 PM »
Send me a tell instead if I'm on.. it's easy to do, /tp "Lord_Aiden" will send a tell to me regardless of what character I'm on.  Other sentinels I would encourage to also post your account names, can make reporting a "criminal" easier.

Although sents have the power to deal with randomers, lamers etc...we can't do anything if don't know what's going on. Best thing a player could do is to come to us and report the person who commited the crime..however that itself isn't exactly full-proof either.

I mean say player A. dislikes player B., for whatever reason.....so player A comes over to a sent and complains that player B. is randoming...we (sents) would have no way of telling if player A. was lying -- and we certainly don't have the time to go questioning every player in the area of the crime.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 03:46:50 PM by Anarki »
Who needs narrative coherence, or even literacy, anyway? If you can dead-lift 300 pounds, you're the man!

Offline Lord_Aiden

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2004, 04:50:04 PM »
I mean say player A. dislikes player B., for whatever reason.....so player A comes over to a sent and complains that player B. is randoming...we (sents) would have no way of telling if player A. was lying -- and we certainly don't have the time to go questioning every player in the area of the crime.
That's very true.. which is where it lies in the judgement of the sentinel.  Most of the time I'll respond with "Ok, I'll keep an eye on that person," although that's very dependant on the person.  If someone reports a person to me, and the person doing the reporting is someone I trust, and know to be an upstanding member of the community, I'm likely to take thier word on it, but usually won't resort in a stoning immediately.

If, however, I go to speak with the alleged randomer and they start running away.. that's usually an indication of guilt.  That person will be stoned for a few seconds, released, and spoken with.  If after being released they continue to run around instead of listening.. they stay stoned... I really don't like talking to myself.

I, and I believe most other sents as well, have a method for dealing with almost any situation, but this requires that players who are randomed/griefed on by another player make us aware of the situation if we don't notice it.

-David Eddings

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Europeans Sents
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2004, 10:04:22 PM »
Firstly::'(WAAAAA!!! I wish sev, anymouse and pang didn't have to join the army!!!:'(

Secondly: Maverik, you are absolutly right about america's morning hours having a bit of a lack of sents as I have posted about it before now. It is impossible for talon to be able to have atleast a sent on every waking moment of the day.

Thirdly: As Nem and Mo have told me many times already, they will appoint more sents when a need for more comes to be; Boo, you are my friend and i'll tell you now that repeatedly saying that you wish to be a sent doesnt help so please (no offense but,) knock it off. Trust me I know; I have wished to be a sent since about april/may.

Fourthly(is that a word? :huh: ): Talon and everyone else who has mentioned this you are absolutely right; randomers do tend to know that the people with yellow lights around them are sents so they tend to random away from them. They do not realize however that some of the non-sents are very well connected and could call up a sent to stop a randomer very quickly so this would be a good thing to use as an advantage. Also the sent lights do not show up if a sent is hiding; If sents are on and just feel like patroling it would prob be best to use a hider so you can watch out for randomers without them watching out for you.

Lord Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2004, 10:19:57 PM »
Also the sent lights do not show up if a sent is hiding; If sents are on and just feel like patroling it would prob be best to use a hider so you can watch out for randomers without them watching out for you.

Unfortunatly on GodSpire you must be hostile to make hide work.

However, I usually hang out in the Farm or the House of the Bear and tell players I know to message me if they need a Sentinel.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Europeans Sents
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2004, 10:21:20 PM »
really? wow; since when has it been that way? boy i missed alot when i was at camp

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2004, 01:50:24 AM »
The lights can be a pain in the @#$ but if we dont have them people dont know who we are.

There's only one austrilan sent ....Me (And Bus in NZ)
So what about more aust sents?

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Europeans Sents
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2004, 02:40:20 AM »
The lights can be a pain in the @#$ but if we dont have them people dont know who we are.

It's just because poeple know that you're sent whit those lights, that I play whitout them somethimes. You catch may more rulebreakers then. Only those crashes are irritating, I takes longer to join whitout lights.

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2004, 04:04:01 AM »

It's just because poeple know that you're sent whit those lights, that I play whitout them somethimes. You catch may more rulebreakers then. Only those crashes are irritating, I takes longer to join whitout lights.
How do u get in without the lights?

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen

Offline AngelsWings

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2004, 05:36:48 AM »
Firstly::'(WAAAAA!!! I wish sev, anymouse and pang didn't have to join the army!!!:'(

I was talking about Anymause.....indeed i dont see him yet after the day when he said me it
i dunno where are Sev and Pang  

Angel - Amra [/span]

Offline AngelsWings

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2004, 05:42:27 AM »
I think Melisa changes her CD-Keys
Angel - Amra [/span]

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Europeans Sents
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2004, 07:37:04 AM »
I also think Melisa changes her CD-Keys. :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Europeans Sents
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2004, 05:14:24 PM »
I also think Melisa changes her CD-Keys. :P
One of the custom drinks will also remove the lights but I'm not saying which one!