Author Topic: 9ac vs 12-20ac  (Read 12817 times)

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« on: July 13, 2004, 05:27:08 PM »
Although I fully support the mathematical arguments, and truly believe Godspire is the most fully balanced PvP server in NWN, I am ready to "put my money where my mouth is."  Give me your 12-20 ac server name and location, the restrictions, if any, for that server, and wait for me to come and wipe the server clean.

There is in fact ONE build that would offer the highest advantage in that situation, and I'm ready to bring it to prove this point.

Resist/no resist.. doesn't matter.. I see resistance as a matter of preference.. I prefer no resist because the duels don't last as long.. but I *do* see skill in setting up your weapons damage to overcome a resist, instead of just tossing damage on as you feel.

AC however is not a matter of preference, it IS a matter of skill.

You give me your server, I'll come in and see how I do.. If I win the duel, you bring a character to Godspire and we'll see how you do.

This is an open challenge to any 12-20ac advocate.

**EDIT**

Don't start any flamewars here please.. I want this to be an open forum for server information so we can actually have a bit more tangible evidence of skill levels.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 05:28:43 PM by Lord_Aiden »
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 11:14:07 PM »
I'd gladly duel you, but I think 9ac is better anyway
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Lord_Aiden

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 11:33:08 PM »
Notice I said "Give me your 12-20 ac server name and location, the restrictions, if any, for that server"

Can't fight if I can't find ya =)
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 04:58:28 AM »
but I *do* see skill in setting up your weapons damage to overcome a resist, instead of just tossing damage on as you feel.
You will find that they will use a sufficient amount of resist which will effectively just block out that damage type.
As they use level 40 items, it is VERY easy to cover EVERY type of damage bonus with resistances.
I cant understand why they dont just remove the other damage types in their 2das, but there you go - that would require some common sense...
The only way you are going to hurt them is with physical damage - BUT BE WARNED - IF YOU USE A CHAR WITH DAMAGE REDUCTION (DWARVEN DEFENDER, BARBARIAN, ETC) THEY WILL CALL YOU "LAME".
I believe they ban/nerf epic ward for the same reason.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 01:22:15 PM »
Well, I have been to a 12 ac server, havent seen any 20 ac servers...I had some fun with talon in the 12 ac servers. :P
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 02:50:09 PM »
well aiden, I've played 12ac and 20ac (using 12 tho :P), and telling you to come to atomic or something like that could easily give us a chance for a fight.

anyway I don't think we'd get the 12ac experience when using mages at all, because when it all is about in resist and whereas I don't use it on 12ac, I'd say I'd make u run out of spells and take u down that way.

Mages vs melee on 12ac also blows because melees can't hit and the mages usually just FoD 'em.

ofcourse we could try a melee fight, but I however don't want to play for 30 mins.
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline AngelsWings

• MSN Messenger - angelswings9@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 02:57:43 PM »
I think 12 AC servers are stupids and annoying....
Every duel is a 20 roller match and when u hit u do a little damage cause the resistence    :blink:
I used dispell and they called me "LAME", why? its a normal spell.... they said to put it on items because u can put a CD (14-16-18...) but it depend by a 1 roll.  
I invited them to follow me in a real PvP like GS, but when i said "no resistence on items" they offend me and GS (a noobs server for them....  :angry:  )

9 AC is the best    :D  
Angel - Amra [/span]
[span style=\'color:orange\']�?�§�?�§TSoGS�?�§�?�§

-Melisa: "mm"

Offline Lord_Aiden

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 04:09:14 PM »
I'm not planning on bringing a mage at all, I think the idea of a 12-20 ac mage vs. mage is rediculous, and doesn't show the differences in restrictions at all.

Now, Atomic Chicken, i've heard a lot about.  Resist server? what properties are disallowed?  Item level restriction?  banned feats/spells?

I am not walking in there and then suddenly discovering something taht damages my build or a property I am without that everyone else uses.  I need to know this stuff up front.

And most importantly *WHERE* is it?  There are a lot of servers out there, and it would be helpful to at least know what category it's in.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 04:13:23 PM by Lord_Aiden »

-David Eddings

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 06:19:21 PM »
Atomic Chicken is a 12ac server under Arena

lvl 40 items allowed
Resist and stuff like that (no dmg reduct, they also hate that if in feats). As us they hate ED
To fill up the free space on the 40 items... don't bother

but that's pretty much it

105 ac is an almost immunity against all AA's, but some have more than 85ab
anyways that's all
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 08:46:23 PM »
There is in fact 2 startegies to resist 12ac playing, so i made 2 chars.
One is a Pale Master- Monk - with remove curse and concealment. Vs - the standard player type
Other is a high Damager reduction, high str char. - vs others who may just get lucky vs your concealment/dispel strategy (i.e bollox).

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 11:26:00 PM »
Well no one seems to have answered this challenge...how strange...

Offline _-Tetra-_

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 12:02:09 AM »
Character name: Tetra             ((Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?§) Tetra Ã????Ã????TÃ???? LÃ???Ã??Ã?£Ã???Ã??Ã?±FÃ???Ã??Ã?«Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¥R),
                        Appollyon       ((Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?§) Apollyon Ã????Ã????TÃ???? LÃ???Ã??Ã?£Ã???Ã??Ã?±FÃ???Ã??Ã?«Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¥R),

Servers: Temple of seasons or atomic chicken, sometimes Combat central.

Ac Catagory: (+12) (+20)

Restrictions: Like you say for godspire, go into the server and find them out yourself.

Btw, i wont  duel lame shit like Epic dodge.

Offline Lord_Aiden

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 03:34:45 AM »
Restrictions: Like you say for godspire, go into the server and find them out yourself.

I've never said that for Godspire.. in fact pinned at the top of the GS forum is every stripped property and restriction we enforce.. we encourage people to come in prepared.. not with a character that is disallowed.

-David Eddings

[Trust Nobody]Akuma[Enemy]

9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2004, 10:19:44 PM »
i accept CT)AkumA(something similer) TOS Moonlight Combat Atomic And so Forth

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 07:46:59 AM »
Umm - theres a sticky in the forum. Talk about attitude.....

Offline _-Tetra-_

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2004, 09:13:32 AM »
when i asked what the restrictions were someone told me to log onto the server. and this was before you had the sticky, geez talk about attitude -.-

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2004, 12:49:05 PM »
when i asked what the restrictions were someone told me to log onto the server. and this was before you had the sticky, geez talk about attitude -.-
Weve always had at least 1 thread with the restrictions on.
We may have had to recreate it 4 times thus far, but its always been there.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2004, 03:41:38 AM »
Btw, i wont  duel lame shit like Epic dodge.
Ed users get flagged on gs, big flag btw, you know the other has ed before you accept a duel. Anyway, ed is really no problem on gs.

Offline The Avenger

• View Profile
    • Email
9ac vs 12-20ac
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 10:25:08 PM »
Avenger

Whatever server :D  
Alexander The Great
Achilles The Unkillable
Arthur The King
Avenger The Immortal

The A students of Everything