Author Topic: Flame Arrow  (Read 8440 times)

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Flame Arrow
« on: November 29, 2004, 01:12:18 AM »
I was dueling Maxou at Arivs and it appears he may have discovered a bug.  So here's what happened.  I had my spell mantle on when Maxou casted flame arrow (I think the empowered version) and it just went right through my mantle.  No wait, let me say that again.  It kinda ate up my mantle.  When it hit, the mantle went away and I took dmg from the spell.  Is that how it's supposed to work?  I wouldn't think so.  I thought my mantle was supposed to have absorbed all the arrows and I wouldn't take any damage at all.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 01:13:00 AM by iceycool56 »
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Flame Arrow
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 01:16:51 AM »
I was dueling Maxou at Arivs and it appears he may have discovered a bug.  So here's what happened.  I had my spell mantle on when Maxou casted flame arrow (I think the empowered version) and it just went right through my mantle.  No wait, let me say that again.  It kinda ate up my mantle.  When it hit, the mantle went away and I took dmg from the spell.  Is that how it's supposed to work?  I wouldn't think so.  I thought my mantle was supposed to have absorbed all the arrows and I wouldn't take any damage at all.
[snapback]11684[/snapback]

Atm that's not really like that . You didn't take the whole dmg on flame arror ( at lvl 28 >> 84 dmg with reflex save ok ) but only 24 dmg . I think each arrow counts for one spells lvl 4 that's why u did mantle 5 of fire arrow but not the last 2 one and ur mantle disappeared .
That was kinda fun :) I saw u taking dmg I was like .... whoa I have insane timing ph33r me :D
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flame Arrow
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 09:45:04 AM »
i think the bug is that the script thinks every arrow is one spell, and FIre Arrow fires like 10 (?) arrows, so it counts as 10 spells...... I THINK! i dont know much about these things

Hubba

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flame Arrow
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 10:13:09 AM »
Flame arrow and  isaacs missile storm (lesser and greater), both have same effect on a mantle. After like 3 or 4 spells a mantle will falter depending on how strong a mantle you've cast. This bug is a very old one and has been fixed very often, tho ppl usually forget taking care of flame arrow since it's not used very often (reflex save).

If we use isaacs lesser missile storm it hits 10 times. In this case it hasn't been made as 1 spells that does 60 dmg, it's 10 missiles each doing 6 dmg, so it'll eat up the mantle. The spell isn't supposed to do that and I'm guessing mel has taken care of lesser isaacs, but forgotten about flame arrow.

Lightning ball probably has the same effect, but I don't know that for sure.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Flame Arrow
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 11:36:02 AM »
Flame arrow and  isaacs missile storm (lesser and greater), both have same effect on a mantle. After like 3 or 4 spells a mantle will falter depending on how strong a mantle you've cast. This bug is a very old one and has been fixed very often, tho ppl usually forget taking care of flame arrow since it's not used very often (reflex save).

If we use isaacs lesser missile storm it hits 10 times. In this case it hasn't been made as 1 spells that does 60 dmg, it's 10 missiles each doing 6 dmg, so it'll eat up the mantle. The spell isn't supposed to do that and I'm guessing mel has taken care of lesser isaacs, but forgotten about flame arrow.

Lightning ball probably has the same effect, but I don't know that for sure.
[snapback]12377[/snapback]
I don't know why flame arrows was messed and not isaac's. But isaacs is completly different from flame arrows.. It's fixed now I don't bother about it.

I need to change things for isaac's now, I try a monk sr fix.
Isaac's, firebrand, ball lighting all use the same main script, they just call it whit different variables.

-Mel
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 11:38:40 AM by Tea-cup »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Flame Arrow
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 11:50:24 AM »
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// GZ: Moved SR check out of loop to have 1 check per target
//     not one check per missile, which would rip spell mantels apart
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comes out of the code of the missle storms and like. They just forgot to do the same for flame arrows. The code makes that there gets a fake spell fired when the spell is resisted, and just 1 in this case to eat the level it should from the mantle. (resisted for the code is mantles/immume/spellresist) Flame arrow used the loop, if it was resisted or not, which eats a load of levels from a mantle.
This is also the reazon you see only 1 missle when you cast firebrand/ball lighting/isaac's at a person whit a spellmantle.

-Mel