Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
HELP!
« on: December 06, 2004, 11:54:28 AM »
basically i've done most of the simple scripting, now comes the fun part (the Major Quest)

-i need an If Evil wins script*
 -several quests involving finding an item then then using it to destroy another item
-once all the "Good" items have been destroyed Lyrasia will be blasted with multiple hellballs in a scinema event
-after which spawn multiple evil creatures(i'll make those) and have them start fighting my guards
-i am also to summon all players with a Lawful Good, Neutral Good, and Chaotic Good to my castle, and brief them on the events that have transpired, at which point there task of destroying the evil in Lyrasia will be given

-i need an If Good wins script*
 -basically everything in the above script but this time the players complete the quests in the specified time and SAVE THE WORLD...or do they ;-)

*both scripts have to allow for the other align to make a comeback
((this is a work in progress, as i think of the stuff i'll add to this))
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 12:34:32 PM »
And the question is?
Asking that someone to write the whole script only whit the info you gived there is like asking a duck to breath fire or something... If anyone wants to do it to start whit.

Could you make it more clear or ask less at once?
Like how the items should destroy a other, does a player carry the item, or does it has to be a item to target something whit, or is it whit putting it in a container, or ... ?

-Mel

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
HELP!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 11:25:04 PM »
sorry, i need to Dream Walk (don't ask) to get a better mind set

basically it'll work like this:

players of the Evil align(including Lawful Evil) will quest to find the items which i have yet to make so if you start just put something like: EvilItem_#
i'm not really sure on how to make quest scripts...so thats prolly the biggest thing i need just a Quest Templet that i can work from. from there i can hopefully work on it and make up the rest of the minor scripting

a wee taste of what's instore for you mortals:

Good will need to find and recover items of old, that once were created by the Dwemer to defend against the Void's evil. after many centuries those items have been lost to time. now the forces of evil are once again gaining strength, it is up to you to find these items and return them to Lyrasia for study; in hopes of closing the Pit of Eternity forever...should the forces of evil triumph all of Tirisfal will be doomed.

Evil will need to find and recover the 5 rune stones of Gul'dan and those are to be placed in the Temple of Draenor in a pentagram shape to basically destroy my protective barrier i have which will then cause all players to be warped to there respective places (Evil: Temple of Draenor, Good: Khadgar's Fortress) i really need to know if i can script it to load a new module...or perhaps jump to a different server (both servers would be under the same IP) the new areas would be the lands devastated and blighted...zombies and other evil crap fighting my guards. at this point Good has a chance to make a comeback-should they fail my fortress will fall and you all will run for you lives to the secret chamber and be teleported to a place(to be made)then you'll have another chance to thort evil, but evil will also be trying to do the same, there will be an epic battle with all the evil-aligned players with their leader(PC or NPC...not sure yet) and good-aligned players with myself as the leader. should good loose that battle, evil will have a chance to finish off Azura at her temple(which'll be a pain, trust me) should the evil kill her, that's it.....or is it? this module i plan to have a never ending quest(mainly cause i'll keep adding new lands that need to be conquered or freed)

*and yes, i love WarCraft and Morrowind :P ...and yes WON'T THIS BE FUN TO SCRIPT  <_< *

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
HELP!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 09:39:59 AM »
For quest you need to make journal entry's or something like it. You can use the journal editor for that and use functions like AddJournalQuestEntry() and RemoveJournalQuestEntry() . To set player to the evil or good team and adding the journal entry's I would use a localint on the player and making a while loop trough all PC's to add the player to the right party and set him to dislike all players form the opposite party. The script should be triggered each time someone joins the game.

You can also use a menu when you join to chose your party. (evil to evil and good to good and neutral can choose their side, some servers use this setup)

For the items I also would use a while loop to check if all items are in right position. Can do that by getting the distance between the items and waypoints or object you place in the shape you want. Whit a check that each waypoint only can have 1 item close to it whit a right tag.

Loading a other mod is perfectly possible whit StartNewModule(string sModuleName). Players won't have to select a char, the current char gets loaded, it's the way gs/arivs reload too.

Having a npc as leader in a battle looks me quite hard. You'll need to have/make a good AI script or it will be "dull" :P Better worry about the other things first.

-Mel
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 09:41:11 AM by Tea-cup »

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
HELP!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 03:24:34 PM »
ookay, i understood "For" and "-Mel" (j/k) well that does help a lot to know that i don't have to make up a huge as script for the quest \o/

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
HELP!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 03:41:19 PM »
ookay, i understood "For" and "-Mel" (j/k) well that does help a lot to know that i don't have to make up a huge as script for the quest \o/
[snapback]12286[/snapback]
The hard part on the quest scripts is that you have more than 1 player questing and you have to check every case that possible can happen. It's not like a gate or duel manager that's isolated for 1 or 2 players.

-Mel