Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 4887 times)

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
World of Warcraft
« on: December 04, 2004, 11:13:16 PM »
I read the revie won gamespot which gave it a 9.5 and was almost flawless in its review. This game looks to be a major revolution in online gaming. No surprise i guess.

Seems ot have broken all the barriers in relation to nature of online playing experience, so as to appeal to a much wider audience than ur average camper in EQ1.

The day when everyone will play an mmorpg and live 50% of their life online does not seem far off.

The games graphics are truly outstanding. Just the screenshots alone are quite step eyond what you get in daoc or guildwars :/ ... Hard to go past this one.

ANybody here have any opinions? I know its pay per month, but I really think this game opens the door to the general public to play online all the time.... (there are others which have been mentione din these forums - but the way they built the reward and xp system is very well tuned).

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
World of Warcraft
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 03:47:54 PM »
Well since you mentioned the graphics :P

I just think that it's a too easy escape from a load of work to make them cartoon like. I don't mind that they keep up the WC spirit with the same colours and such, but if you want stunning graphics then GW, EQ2 and FF (the mmorpg) are way ahead.

Especially EQ2 has super graphics and I also read that they have 700k voice dialouges set up, made by real actors (not some joe smoe).... lots of work. WoW, that's what I'm choosing tho I just can't say no to it :P
However I have to say that EQ2, it looks more mature then WoW.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.