Author Topic: This whole "sexism" thing...  (Read 19111 times)

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
    • http://
This whole "sexism" thing...
« on: November 30, 2004, 10:01:15 PM »
We've all been taught that sexism is wrong, racism is wrong, communism is wrong, etc. But is saying these things, saying anything in fact, really wrong? Our society has been brainwashed to the extreme. You people are too absorbed by what the media tells you that you have forgotten how to think for yourselves. Take the USA for example, its supposed to be a democracy right? But in a true democracy people are allowed to say anything they please, not what certain people allow them to say. So using that logic people should be able to speak their mind, it doesn?t matter if you disagree because that is what freedom of speech is: allowing people to say things that you strongly disagree with. You can censor people all you want but you cant ignore things that are happening around us every day.

I?m not saying that I agree that sexism is right, just that I believe that people who think the opposite have the right to speak their mind. Nathan, I can understand why you don?t want some of these things said on your forum, but not allowing people to say these things is just as bad, if not worse than the topics themselves. I?m tired of seeing topic after topic turn into ?thats fucking sexist stfu...? what these people should do instead is argue their point in a mature manner, and maybe they will sway the other person into seeing their point of view, or even become convinced that their point of view is in fact wrong. This will not happen however, if the admins keep closing threads and banning members for their opinions. Refer to rule #3 please.
3. Respect the opinions and wishes of others, they are as entitled to them as you are.

The plague that is sexism/racism etc.. will never go away if not confronted. Its like a battle with cancer, if you ignore it will worsen, but if you catch it early and treat it, it can be overcome. So lets stop this silly censorship and have informed discussions minus the dumbasses who just spam to get attention.

THANK YOU

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 10:57:50 PM »
No one is closing any threads.  Members who got themselves banned deserve it.  One thing that will not be tolerated for very long on this forum is racism and hatemongering.  Gladiator wished he were buried next to Hitler.  Sorry Doofer but he's not welcomed around here anymore...and he earned it.  If you disagree with me then please say so.

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 11:02:34 PM »
I wasn't refering to any one person actually. Its just something that I have been noticing happening here too often...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 11:02:50 PM by doofer101 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 11:06:26 PM »
Well only 2 members are currently banned.  Glad and Left Shoe

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 11:07:54 PM »
sorry that should have been either banned or threatened to be banned :P

my point still remains the same

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 06:09:59 AM »
to be fair, although there is free speech, this forum is run by people and those people have the power to control what is said. to be fair, if people came into your house and started spouting racist sentiment, you would kick them out! its not much different here.

if those people in your house wanted to be racist (etc) then they can go elsewhere to do it.

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 03:13:12 PM »
There is nothing wrong with communism... I noticed you saying that.   Communism as we know it is not true communism, that is communism-gone-wrong (not past stage 2) where the government gets powerhungry and turns it into a "communistic" dicatorship.    True communism is quite a great concept, if humans didn't suck so much.  Read up on marxism/communism/whatever if you care to know more.

I'm using the power rangers to steal bandwidth from 10,000 people in florida.

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 06:29:14 PM »
to be fair, although there is free speech, this forum is run by people and those people have the power to control what is said. to be fair, if people came into your house and started spouting racist sentiment, you would kick them out! its not much different here.

if those people in your house wanted to be racist (etc) then they can go elsewhere to do it.
True enough, but this is a forum where people are posting opinion, I'm just asking Nathan to reconsider some of the rules.
There is nothing wrong with communism... I noticed you saying that.   Communism as we know it is not true communism, that is communism-gone-wrong (not past stage 2) where the government gets powerhungry and turns it into a "communistic" dicatorship.    True communism is quite a great concept, if humans didn't suck so much.  Read up on marxism/communism/whatever if you care to know more.
If you look closely I said that people were brainwashed into this kind of thinking by the media! People in the states are extremely paranoid about communism. I did not state that it was a good or bad thing, just using it as an example.

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 07:02:13 PM »
You mean people in the states WERE paranoid about it. Pre 1989.

Now the blind-hate is focused on Islamic people.

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 12:15:27 AM »
i just dont get this blind hate thing against the islamic people

they're really cool people!
they have amazing food (that's mega cool) and the food is a bit like lebanese food? its really tasty
and also - they r a very cool calm and collected people when i chat to them and they have really strong inner beliefs - and they act on them!

g bush is just overreacting - so what about a couple a thousand (3-4k) stiffs who are overrich overripe and due to be slaughtered anyway?

whats a few thousand more or less slobby yucky ny brash icky polluting humans on the earth anyway? get real.!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 07:50:27 AM »
But is saying these things, saying anything in fact, really wrong? Our society has been brainwashed to the extreme. You people are too absorbed by what the media tells you that you have forgotten how to think for yourselves.
[snapback]11775[/snapback]
What is wrong is usually something that would guilty the conscience, and has some morals behind it. So sexism is wrong because it degrades women. Communism as we know it is wrong because it is more of a despotism. etc. etc. etc.
The plague that is sexism/racism etc.. will never go away if not confronted. Its like a battle with cancer, if you ignore it will worsen, but if you catch it early and treat it, it can be overcome.
Wise words. What you have said is true about this, and I think we should all have this bit of wisdom instilled in us.

There is nothing wrong with communism... I noticed you saying that.   Communism as we know it is not true communism, that is communism-gone-wrong (not past stage 2) where the government gets powerhungry and turns it into a "communistic" dicatorship.    True communism is quite a great concept, if humans didn't suck so much.  Read up on marxism/communism/whatever if you care to know more.
[snapback]11810[/snapback]
You're right. My literature teacher once explained the true concept of communism and the one example of true communism in all of human history: the monks in the monestaries. True communism is where everything produced is equally shared with everyone within the society.

-Lord Elessar

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 02:30:16 PM »
You mean people in the states WERE paranoid about it. Pre 1989.

Now the blind-hate is focused on Islamic people.
[snapback]11815[/snapback]

You may not realize that there is blind hate the other way as well.

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 03:18:26 PM »
You mean I love them so much I hate them?

There are MUCH less of them that hate us, and they have a REASON to hate us.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 04:15:09 PM »
You mean I love them so much I hate them?

There are MUCH less of them that hate us, and they have a REASON to hate us.
[snapback]11871[/snapback]

"You hate us?"
*think to self*  there must be something wrong with me...why would they hate me?

They hate you because you like to listen to rock and hip hop....they hate you because you let women vote and hold important social positions....they hate you  because you do not consider Mohamed a prophet...they hate you because you are secular....

If this is not blind hatered then i dunno what is...if you want them to stop hating you then you better fix the above "problems" with your culture.

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 06:00:39 PM »
Or maybe they hate you because you stereotype them, bomb their countries, and aide their sworn enemy.

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 07:32:30 PM »
Or maybe they hate you because you stereotype them, bomb their countries, and aide their sworn enemy.
[snapback]11879[/snapback]

Are you talking out of your ass or your mouth?  They stereotype us just as much if not more!

Then again, you'd rather the terrorist supported candidate win so they can kill more of us because he doesn't know which is his left hand he flops around so much.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 07:33:48 PM by BzK »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 09:50:16 PM »
[snapback]11879[/snapback]

Whatever...I'm not gonna attempt to educate you on how the real world works cause you're clearly a lost cause.  Bomb their country? Guess they never bombed your country.
I'm not stereotyping anyone.  I know many arabs and muslims and Islam is a great faith.  I am obviously talking about extremists fundamentalist since it is these people who *hate* you...It is these people who murder when someone speak their mind (ie. Van Gogh)...they kill people who don't agree with them and then threaten the rest with terror...These people follow and believe in bastard version of Islam, not fit for the 21th century....You don't seem to understand this and think it's all your fault that you are hated...when it's simply because you dont believe in what they believe in.  Last year a Jewish high school in Montreal was firebombed...did these children do anything wrong?  Has Canada bombed any Islamic countries recently??? Hell no...I don't even think we have any bombs up here....Anyway that didn't stop some stupid teenaged extremist to throw molotov cocktails into the school's library...His reason? Retaliation of Israel's assassination of a the head of a terrorist organization....Like those kids and their school books really had anything to do with it....

Cab ..you have no idea what your talking about...and I hope that no one who actually reads your self-hating ignorant trash will actually start questioning themselves or their country. Open your eyes.

Ps. who is this "sworn enemy"??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 10:00:42 PM by Mo »

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 10:04:52 PM »
EH..... how did we start talking about this? :blink:

Sher Reyer

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2004, 10:07:08 PM »
We've all been taught that sexism is wrong, racism is wrong, communism is wrong, etc. But is saying these things, saying anything in fact, really wrong? Our society has been brainwashed to the extreme. You people are too absorbed by what the media tells you that you have forgotten how to think for yourselves. Take the USA for example, its supposed to be a democracy right? But in a true democracy people are allowed to say anything they please, not what certain people allow them to say. So using that logic people should be able to speak their mind, it doesn?t matter if you disagree because that is what freedom of speech is: allowing people to say things that you strongly disagree with. You can censor people all you want but you cant ignore things that are happening around us every day.

I?m not saying that I agree that sexism is right, just that I believe that people who think the opposite have the right to speak their mind. Nathan, I can understand why you don?t want some of these things said on your forum, but not allowing people to say these things is just as bad, if not worse than the topics themselves. I?m tired of seeing topic after topic turn into ?thats fucking sexist stfu...? what these people should do instead is argue their point in a mature manner, and maybe they will sway the other person into seeing their point of view, or even become convinced that their point of view is in fact wrong. This will not happen however, if the admins keep closing threads and banning members for their opinions. Refer to rule #3 please.
3. Respect the opinions and wishes of others, they are as entitled to them as you are.

The plague that is sexism/racism etc.. will never go away if not confronted. Its like a battle with cancer, if you ignore it will worsen, but if you catch it early and treat it, it can be overcome. So lets stop this silly censorship and have informed discussions minus the dumbasses who just spam to get attention.

THANK YOU

ok, you think sexisism is right? you guys caused my favorite admin to leave this forum because of those stupid fucking topics you guys posted, and now your saying not the inforce it

end if diccusion, next person who posts somthing that's racist or sexist will be suspended for one day, and every time you do it again it'll double ---

kinda like the gs banning system

Sher Reyer

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2004, 10:08:31 PM »

[snapback]11787[/snapback]

words of wisdom, thanks james

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2004, 10:09:26 PM »
If Throbble left for the reason you're stating that  is a pretty shitty reason...I read every questionable post and they hardly warrented an admin leaving...
Plus it's her job to make sure nothing sexist or hateful gets posted...she abandoned that job?  Pretty lame excuse.  imo

Sher Reyer

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004, 10:11:29 PM »
"The plague that is sexism/racism etc.. will never go away if not confronted. Its like a battle with cancer, if you ignore it will worsen, but if you catch it early and treat it, it can be overcome.
"

right if you leave it there it will get worse
if we leave these posts on this board, then everyone will thnk they can do it, this board would be cuprupted if so many people did that
we can't stop it, no, but we can treat cancer, same thing with this site

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004, 10:13:03 PM »
Well the forum is not sick ...so chill out

There are no sexist or racist comments here.  It's in your imagination.

Sher Reyer

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 10:15:54 PM »
If Throbble left for the reason you're stating that  is a pretty shitty reason...I read every questionable post and they hardly warrented an admin leaving...
Plus it's her job to make sure nothing sexist or hateful gets posted...she abandoned that job?  Pretty lame excuse.  imo
[snapback]11885[/snapback]

no, i don't truly know it for a fact, that's just waht i think.. either that or she's on a trip ...
it's not a lame excuse ---

ok so basically what your saying doofer is let these people state there opinions? and your saying let us be racist, use slang terms such as nigg** and c*ink and call people stupid jews and make fun of christen people? is that how you want tihs board to be?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 10:17:04 PM by SubZer0 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2004, 10:17:23 PM »
Well if you don't know why she hasn't been around lately then I would recommend not claiming to know the reason...otherwise you'll just spread the disease of misinformation all over the place.  Enough people already suffer from that.

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2004, 10:20:09 PM »
ok so basically what your saying doofer is let these people state there opinions? and your saying let us be racist, use slang terms such as nigg** and c*ink and call people stupid jews and make fun of christen people? is that how you want tihs board to be?
Ok, you're missing the main point. Its okay in a mature, thoughtful discussion.

Also, we call this chinese kid at school chink all the time, but hes our friend and he doesn't care, he actually likes it.

Sher Reyer

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2004, 10:27:07 PM »
right but your missing the point, the point is some people don't like it and some do, that kid at school does and I don't, we will not remove the racisim rule, end of dicussion ----

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2004, 10:27:17 PM »
Ok, you're missing the main point. Its okay in a mature, thoughtful discussion.

Also, we call this chinese kid at school chink all the time, but hes our friend and he doesn't care, he actually likes it.
[snapback]11890[/snapback]

Wasn't sure if I should bother a reply to that comment...but here goes.

You say he likes it?  Ok maybe...why not go into a Chinese restaurant and call people that?  What do you think about that?  Well pretend this forum is a restaurant and you don't know the people who are reading your posts...why would you want to offend someone for no good reason?

This is why there are rules here

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2004, 10:44:25 PM »
No... I'm saying that people who are you're friends its okay to say to. I wouldn't dream of calling a stranger anything like that...

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 10:46:52 PM »
No... I'm saying that people who are you're friends its okay to say to. I wouldn't dream of calling a stranger anything like that...
[snapback]11893[/snapback]

Then don't spout it out in a public forum.  Somebody might take offense to it.  Simple as that.  Same with racism sexism and whatever the hell else.