Author Topic: Where I've Been  (Read 6088 times)

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Where I've Been
« on: July 06, 2004, 02:39:54 AM »
Ok, I've been gone for awhile.. but here's why:

Entering Nantahala Falls:

Hitting the first little bump:

Gets a bit more wild:

We hit the middle of the rapid:

And made it through safe:

I'm the guy in the back steering the raft there (with the sunglasses), got a few friends along.  Whole river was class 4 and 5 rapids, the one we're on here is a low-end class 4... almost a class 3, there was a guy on the banks snapping pictures though, so we were able to get a couple of them (he ran a little photoshop just so people could have action shots of thier trips).

But yeah.. so that's where i've been for awhile =P

EDIT:
Just realized how big these are.. i'm going to resize them as soon as i find what i did with my image editing software.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 02:42:17 AM by Lord_Aiden »
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
Where I've Been
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 03:50:34 AM »
looks like fun anyway welcom back :lol:

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • Email
Where I've Been
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 06:21:01 AM »
where are the nantahala falls looks really nice makes me feel like swiming

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Where I've Been
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 07:48:42 AM »
bus why would anyone want to swim in RAGPIDS? lol
Looks like a ton of fun!
See you on gs!

Offline -=Zen=-

• View Profile
    • Email
Where I've Been
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 09:08:11 AM »
Noone likes swimming with ragpigs, Elessar, But that still looks fun, Aiden.  

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where I've Been
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 02:44:25 PM »
A lot of people don't LIKE to swim in rapids... but they go swimmin anyway =)  Nantahala falls is on the Nantahala river.. runs just west of Cherokee Indian Reservation in the Smokey Mountain National park.. through eastern Tenessee and Western North Carolina... think we mighta hit up part of Georgia there too.

If you're interested in the trip there are tons of places that can set you up with a quick rafting trip down the falls and surrounding rapids in the Cherokee area.. when we stopped for lunch one day there were like 30 whitewater rafting places in a town called Bryson City off of Highway 19/74W.. in NC.

We're gonna do it again next June or July, probably with Kayaks this time though.
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn