Author Topic: All Gs Sentinels Please Read.  (Read 6504 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
All Gs Sentinels Please Read.
« on: July 05, 2004, 07:07:50 PM »
1. It is never acceptable for a sentinel to exploit a known bug in a duel. If your opponent is exploiting a bug, you have the power to freeze them and explain the rules. That is why you are a Sentinel.

2. Do not argue with DMs when they try to enforce the above rule.

Thank you for your time,

Offline Anarki

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 08:01:46 PM »
You know what...I gotta say something.

For the past 3-4 months (and a total of 2 years on NvN) I've been playing on GS, I havent broke one rule..not one! I've got one of the cleanest records of any player. I've never abused my sentinal powers, nor have I abused any bug (I don't even use shadow spells!).

I'm a well known person, who constantly goes out of his way to educate others, and to explain the mechanics of the game to those who don't understand them. In other words, I'm the nicest guy you'll find on Godspire, and if anyone disagrees with that I challenge you to speak here.

So I make one mistake...ONE mistake outta months of clean playing...and I get booted, Then I get bann warning, then I get a warning that my sent powers will be taken away. Here's the funny part...I begin to TALK to a DM, and the guy says

...in a great big, thundering, ego voice

*Thou shall not even speak to a DM or thy are not worthy to play on this server*

...then 420 enters and boots me.

I've NEVER had a conflict with ANY of the original DMS, so what does that tell you about these new DMs?

The original DMs (the ones that I know of) and I are very close, I've chatted with them on many occasions. (Yes this means a player actually SPOKE to DM *Gasp*)they know me, and they know that tho sometimes I can be a jerk, I follow the rules -- and always uphold the law.

Now these new guys running the server, are strutting around with thier noses turned upright, with inflated egos....using whatever excuse they can to boot well known, respectable players whom never violated any rules and are GS's highest defenders.

I'll most likely become banned for speaking here...God knows I can't speak on Godspire, so where else can I go?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 08:47:14 PM by Anarki »
Who needs narrative coherence, or even literacy, anyway? If you can dead-lift 300 pounds, you're the man!

EL CABAZONO

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 09:55:15 PM »
Just curious - who are the "new" DMs, and who are the "old" DMs?   I'm new to GS myself, so I can't tell the difference.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 09:56:05 PM »
Well you definately do have a clean record on your 3-4 months of playing on GS.
But i think you should exclude that 2 years part, if you know what I mean.
First off 420's comment wasn't explictly directed at you.  Second off I am sure there are some parts missing from the story, or were you really booted and ban threatened for just casting greater ruin twice?  Did you say anything to a DM that might be considered inappropriate?

But you must remember,  Sents are supposed to be setting the example for the rest of the GS players.

That is their reason for being.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 09:56:35 PM by Mo, Master of the Arcane »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 10:09:21 PM »
Oh and a note to the DMs:

Sents are not stupid noobs.  They have heads with brains, so there is no reason to ever boot a Sent.  If you have a disagreement with one I recommend talking with them.  I also recommend doing that in Tells or taking the Sent aside.

Public "humiliations" (for lack of a better term) is not a good idea, because it sends the other players the wrong impression about that particular sent and the sents in general.  I don't need new Sent trashing threads starting up.  Also, I definately don't need to hear about what happend in Anarki's case fom player gossip.  Please inform me of any disagreements or other problems.  

In summary:  If you have a problem with a Sent please discuss the matter in private.  There is no reason to boot a sent.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 10:10:12 PM by Mo, Master of the Arcane »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 10:12:24 PM »
Just curious - who are the "new" DMs, and who are the "old" DMs?   I'm new to GS myself, so I can't tell the difference.
No reason to need to tell the difference.

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 02:22:49 AM »
I am a bit curious though as I've been gone for a bit, have there been additions to the DM ranks recently?
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 08:03:13 AM »
all i heard of this was that anarki used greater ruin twice and then had a bit of a disagreement with a newer dm

recently i've only seen one newer dm unless it was an older, funner dm with a new dm char. I had a bit of a disagreement with her cuz she kept changin her appearance; it really annoyed me. but i left before i got myself into real trouble. it was later at night anyways(for me) so i was prob just tired.

if that dm reads this i just wanna say sry bout that. i was tired and it just annoyed me, thats all.

Lord Elessar