Author Topic: I'm depressed...  (Read 20523 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2004, 06:05:18 PM »
Ban him. ;)

(( Edit: By the way...Anyone seen Aiden lately? Just wondered...I haven't seen his posts for awhile."
[snapback]10292[/snapback]

Well lol

Mel sorry...I have no choice here:

I fail to see how you can possibly misunderstand "Ban him ;)"  for "Ban ME!!"

Next point,

It seems that Elessars threads are now re-opened.  When i return from dinner I would be more than happy to post replies to them.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2004, 06:06:35 PM »
Ok I think you've incorrectly responded to everything.  Spamming means posted a topic or reply that clearly has nothing to do with anything.  So random integers fit that model quite perfectly. 

More over you are wrong about the rules.  I will not repeat this again.  The author of the rules has stated that spamming is allowed in Random Ranting.  So spamming is allowed here and there can be no debate on this fact until Sher says otherwise.  If you want to ban Elessar go ahead though i wouldn't do that.  If he is trying to make a point, you are clearly repressing that point.  Which is not fair.

You say you locked those threads not only because you believe they are spam.  Please enlighten me as to the other reasons.
[snapback]10333[/snapback]
The author of the rules has stated that spamming is allowed in Random Ranting and you can get banned for it. Whit what you say, Cab is a nice spammer, but I think there's a huge difference between his random topics and ellesars. And ellesar try's to make a point, read how this topic is called : 'I'm depressed..., and bored beyond belief...' Now please reply to that instead how you can't get what sher said.

-Mel
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 06:11:28 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2004, 06:09:55 PM »
Ban him. ;)

(( Edit: By the way...Anyone seen Aiden lately? Just wondered...I haven't seen his posts for awhile."

Well lol

Next point,

It seems that Elessars threads are now re-opened.  When i return from dinner I would be more than happy to post replies to them.
[snapback]10337[/snapback]
I think you left out a few post under that 1 that and above it that have more to do whit him getting banned. You're picking 1 thing out of it's context.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2004, 06:13:30 PM »
Quote from: Tea-cup,Nov 11 2004, 03:06 PM
Ok I think you've incorrectly responded to everything.  Spamming means posted a topic or reply that clearly has nothing to do with anything.  So random integers fit that model quite perfectly.  

More over you are wrong about the rules.  I will not repeat this again.  The author of the rules has stated that spamming is allowed in Random Ranting.  So spamming is allowed here and there can be no debate on this fact until Sher says otherwise.  If you want to ban Elessar go ahead though i wouldn't do that.  If he is trying to make a point, you are clearly repressing that point.  Which is not fair.

You say you locked those threads not only because you believe they are spam.  Please enlighten me as to the other reasons.
[snapback]10333[/snapback]
The author of the rules has stated that spamming is allowed in Random Ranting and you can get banned for it. Whit what you say, Cab is a nice spammer, but I think there's a huge difference between his random topics and ellesars. And ellesar try's to make a point, read how this topic is called : 'I'm depressed..., and bored beyond belief...' Now please reply to that instead how you can't get what sher said.

-Mel
[snapback]10338[/snapback]
[/quote]

What you are saying makes no sense.

If you can get banned for it then either Ban Elessar or not..you have chosen not.  Good chioce.

All I am saying here is that LOCKING his topics were wrong.  A point I am going to stop making here because
1) Elessars threads are now reopened so I declare this a victory for all us who like making useless comments here and there!
2) You've conceeded that you were wrong to lock them because you have ceased to defend locking the threads instead trying to draw focus to "reasons to ban Elessar" which is not being discussed here.

I bid you all i fond farewell for now!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 06:14:08 PM by Mo »

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2004, 06:15:15 PM »
Elessar posted 1 thread with complete gibberish, and 2 threads with the same kind of "word game" or whatever... that's spam.  Random Ranting or not... it wasn't MADE to spam in.

And Mo, you're forgetting that mods/admins *are* allowed to yell at the person who is doing the spamming even if its in Random Ranting... :closedeyes:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 06:17:52 PM by BzK »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2004, 06:19:36 PM »
Ban him. ;)

Well lol

Next point,

[snapback]10337[/snapback]
I think you left out a few post under that 1 that and above it that have more to do whit him getting banned. You're picking 1 thing out of it's context.

-Mel
[snapback]10339[/snapback]

Ok i've read those 2 posts you are referring to.  I am sorry but I do not see where he is asking to be banned.  The fact is Admins don't like him cause he isnt serious and likes to make stupid jokes.  They don't hurt anyone (please correct me if I am wrong) He hasn't written anything that can be classified as malicious or hateful (again please correct me if I am wrong).

I again call for an unbanning of Zen!
You say you were giving him another chance but you took that chance away from him for absolutely no reason.  He said nothing in this thread but make light of the fact that Admins would like to see him banned.  Grow a sense of humor and move on.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2004, 06:29:41 PM »
Can I crack soon?
[snapback]10271[/snapback]
Eugipe! Elessar est fatuus. Abdera verbosus. Ellesar non potest gladium stringere. Ego est immortalis.  :D That last two comments have nothing to do with anythign but i felt like i needed to add it :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 06:31:48 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline BzK

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2004, 06:36:02 PM »
Ok i've read those 2 posts you are referring to.  I am sorry but I do not see where he is asking to be banned.  The fact is Admins don't like him cause he isnt serious and likes to make stupid jokes.  They don't hurt anyone (please correct me if I am wrong) He hasn't written anything that can be classified as malicious or hateful (again please correct me if I am wrong).

Let's see...

1. spamming non-random ranting forums
2. harassing Elessar for no reason whatsoever
3. making new accounts to evade bans
4. logging in another PC to avoid bans

I think that's more than enough reason for a ban. :closedeyes:

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2004, 06:42:40 PM »
It's completely incorrect to say "Admins don't like him cause he isnt serious and likes to make stupid jokes."  For one thing, it assumes we all have the same motivations, and I can assure you that subzero, mel, and I have very different motivations.

Reasons Zen is disliked by people, not just admins:
 - He spams.
 - He likes to push peoples buttons then complain about the results.
 - He repeatedly used inappropriate content in his sig.
 - When banned, he tried to get around it by creating new accounts. Funny that Angelita doubles your ban length for similar behavior on GS.

And finally, these words from subzero:
LOL, i just ip band him, now he can't get on at all
[snapback]9387[/snapback]
If Sub sees fit to lift the IP ban, I'm sure Zen will make a fifth account.

-Throbblefoot

"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2004, 07:16:34 PM »
*looks around really nervously because of his explanation that he is sure everyone will explode over and yell at me a lot* :unsure:

:unsure: well.... this one i was stating that i was a bit depressed and was hopign someone would say something the make me feel happier.

:unsure: about the "nonsense" ones*looks at them and tries to see if there is any means of escaping incase the attack* were just codes. i was bored so i put up three coded messages that were for decoding. i wanted people to try and crack them :unsure:  for the fun of it. like that game mastermind. the one with numbers, i'll hint that you need to look at a telephone to figure out. the word ones have to do with anag- oops i nearly let it out. just... one of them is by word and the other is done by phrase.*hears someone unsheath a dagger and makes a mad dash for the nearest door*

-Lord Elessar

PS: *leaves note on door, "SORRY!"*
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 07:23:30 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2004, 07:57:58 PM »
why was he depressed again?

did he break up with his gf?
is his schoolwork boring?
does he have too many pimples?

for the last one i would recommend plastic surgery. worked wonders for me! im now a whole new me!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2004, 08:01:38 PM »
why was he depressed again?

did he break up with his gf?
is his schoolwork boring?
does he have too many pimples?

for the last one i would recommend plastic surgery. worked wonders for me! im now a whole new me!
[snapback]10351[/snapback]

erm no, my bro is holding my nwn disks hostage and i cant do a dam thing about it.

-Lord Elessar

PS: he's been holding them since early september

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2004, 08:05:09 PM »
And Mo, you're forgetting that mods/admins *are* allowed to yell at the person who is doing the spamming even if its in Random Ranting... :closedeyes:
[snapback]10341[/snapback]

Nope. Yell at him all you want. No need to lock his threads.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2004, 08:12:45 PM »
Somethimes I say to myself, I think too much. Now this is the first time in a long time I say, I didn't think enough. But sadly, how more you think how less you feel. They don't go together. And in comparison whit my rl, this online 'shit' like what this topic is now, is a hell. Shouldn't be like that. But it's like it anyway, so I'm going to stay more in rl. And do what I like: learning about, finding, making and watching things.

Quote, Throbblefoot, Nov 12 2004:
"He likes to push peoples buttons then complain about the results" [snapback]10345[/snapback]
──► Nice.

Ah, I think I actualy didn't get what elessars post were.
No need to leave a "sorry" on your door. Better do somthing whit mine.
Still don't get the numbers. It's a bit like this to me:ژقﭖﮓﮊژقژﮓﮊىقژىﮓﮊقﭖژﮓﮊىﭖﮓﮊژقﭖ

-Mel

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2004, 09:39:16 PM »
lolz what a read!

okay first of all i must start by saying zen does not deserve to be banned just for that. if you're giving him a fresh chance forget about what he did in the past and judge him for what he is doing now. his posts on this thread are not worthy of banning.

second, random ranting has always been for spamming. if you're going to hand out bans for spamming here then allow it to raise post count again. if someone continues to create mulitiple topics then its okay to lock them, and ask them to keep it to one thread. elessar prolly should have condensed his three topics into one, but maybe he felt that they were better seperate.

i dont see any harm with what either elessar or zen or anyone else is doing so just let it go

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2004, 02:29:05 AM »
were just codes. i was bored so i put up three coded messages that were for decoding. i wanted people to try and crack them for the fun of it. like that game mastermind. the one with numbers, i'll hint that you need to look at a telephone to figure out. the word ones have to do with anag- oops i nearly let it out. just... one of them is by word and the other is done by phrase.
[snapback]10349[/snapback]

Do not apologize Lord Elessar, you have done nothing wrong.

You posted some great word puzzles (ie coded messages) that I would like a chance to decode.

Offline BzK

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2004, 06:29:24 AM »
The point is that he didn't need to put them in separate topics... they could all be in one, whether they were getting closed or not isn't the problem.  When the first got closed Elessar should have sent a PM to Mel about it.

7. Don't complain about each other, the mods, or the admins in a thread. If you have a problem, let an admin know. It's the quickest path to results.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2004, 07:00:47 AM »
The point is that he didn't need to put them in separate topics... they could all be in one, whether they were getting closed or not isn't the problem.

I dont see why it hould make a difference if he used 1 topic or 10. They were each different puzzles.
I actually enjoyed them.
Much better than them stupid story games we tolerated for so long

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2004, 07:15:45 AM »
lolz what a read!

okay first of all i must start by saying zen does not deserve to be banned just for that. if you're giving him a fresh chance forget about what he did in the past and judge him for what he is doing now. his posts on this thread are not worthy of banning.

second, random ranting has always been for spamming. if you're going to hand out bans for spamming here then allow it to raise post count again. if someone continues to create mulitiple topics then its okay to lock them, and ask them to keep it to one thread. elessar prolly should have condensed his three topics into one, but maybe he felt that they were better seperate.

i dont see any harm with what either elessar or zen or anyone else is doing so just let it go
[snapback]10369[/snapback]
Like I said in this post : [snapback]10359[/snapback] I shouldn't have closed them, and if don't see that I said sorry in that post, I'll say it here again. I'm sorry. And about Zen, I very clear said that he shouldn't do 1 thing wrong or he would be banned again. He knew it and somewhat enjoyed to break the forum rules (whit elessar) again. I regret I unbanned him.
The point is that he didn't need to put them in separate topics... they could all be in one, whether they were getting closed or not isn't the problem.  When the first got closed Elessar should have sent a PM to Mel about it.

7. Don't complain about each other, the mods, or the admins in a thread. If you have a problem, let an admin know. It's the quickest path to results.
[snapback]10384[/snapback]
Nah. Saying it was a puzzel whould have helped. But I closed them when I didn't see the point, I should look a bit better.

-Mel

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2004, 08:41:41 AM »
The point is that he didn't need to put them in separate topics... they could all be in one, whether they were getting closed or not isn't the problem.  When the first got closed Elessar should have sent a PM to Mel about it.

[snapback]10384[/snapback]

actually i didnt even realized she had closed them until a bit after she had. im at fault here too. i shoulda told in plane english that they were codes you had to figure out.

btw if you go to bored.-oops. dam i nearly blurted it out again. dont even think about what i just said! :rolleyes: lol

-Lord Elessar

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm depressed...
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2004, 11:13:34 AM »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
I'm depressed...
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2004, 11:15:21 AM »
I woiuld like this thread closed too, please.

-Lord Elessar