Author Topic: big member list  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
big member list
« on: November 10, 2004, 08:48:41 PM »
I just read all the stuff at teh bottom of the main LM forum screen, and i saw that there are a huge number of memebers but i only know of a handfull that I have actualy seen post anything...does everyone have 5 names for what? (admiting that i have 2, but i cant delete the one i dont use)
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

SubZer0

big member list
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 10:24:10 PM »
a lot of people just veiw the board and don't post, there's only a few people with more than one name

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
big member list
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 11:37:06 PM »
does everyone have 5 names for what? (admiting that i have 2, but i cant delete the one i dont use)
I think it's a combination of factors. Zen has three or four at least. I have a test account I made eons ago. Nathan, Cab, and Talon have all made multiple acoounts, though some of those have been deleted.

But as subzero said, there are people who read without posting, lurkers as they say. My brother lurked here for awhile, so I kow they're out there. And then there are people who made accounts and then disappeared (Like Lord Aiden).

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
big member list
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 02:55:17 AM »
lurking is a net profession. i don't think they should be called lurkers since that word has a negative connotation. i bet girls dont like lurkers.

i think mos tof them are 9-2 yos taking the opportunity to learn from the rest of us sinc ein 10 yrs time they will rule the web to an extent.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
big member list
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 04:06:53 AM »
lurking is a net profession. i don't think they should be called lurkers since that word has a negative connotation. i bet girls dont like lurkers.
Sorry, you're wrong on both counts:
 - Lurking has no negative connotation. Most of the smart folks lurk.
 - "Girls" lurk, too. What is up with these generalizations you keep making?

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
big member list
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 07:31:01 AM »
its odd- people generalize things a lot. like how a lot of people refer to God as a "he". but anywho there are very few things that women cant do that men can and vica versa(example is men produce sperm, or women get pregnant, those are things unique to one gender.)

-Lord Elessar

EDIT: sorry that was prob a bad example(but we're doing reproduction in science class and we just went over meiosis two days ago.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 07:32:14 AM by Lord Elessar »