Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Rune
« on: November 10, 2004, 12:35:07 PM »
i sent shadow(iceycool56) a copy of rune. i dunno if he's gotten it up yet(sometimes it doesnt show up on internet :( cuz my bro is downloading the wow beta thingy right now or sumthing os i cant go on my account. anywho i'll prob get on tomorow morning.

-Lord Elessar
[snapback]10126[/snapback]

After Ginny sent me Rune, I tried to put it up to see if it worked.  I ran NWServer and I could see it on my LAN but not the internet.  It wasn't until I talked to Talon that the problem was with the router I had in the house.  I needed Port Forwarding.  Now that I know I can run Rune on the internet, I'm going to learn to script and work on DE's private server.  I'm probably gonna change a few things around like makin the Arena smaller cuz it is HUGE.  So now that I have Rune, if any DE member wants to take a look at it or the clan needs a private meeting, just ask me to run it.  I'll also try to send Nem a copy of the version I have so that he can put Rune up too if I'm not around.
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline iceycool56

• View Profile
    • Email
Rune
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 09:44:56 AM »
atm, GS isn't up so I put Rune up since none of the other servers besides Throbbleserv is up.  It has the same item restrictions as GS, but the scripting still needs work.  Everyone is welcome to come.  I set a max of 20 ppl in hopes it won't lag too much.  I'm running on a cable connection.  I hope my computer doesn't crash while I'm gone...  :unsure:
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline vexyy

• View Profile
Rune
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 10:38:28 AM »
Thats awesome but ine thing i cant join :/ mb u do server for nwn ?? also ppls wihtout sou cant join  :glare:

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rune
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 11:57:53 AM »
well gs is all version compatible server, so since that's up again all the sou'ers can go there :P
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Rune
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 01:47:37 PM »
atm, GS isn't up so I put Rune up since none of the other servers besides Throbbleserv is up.  It has the same item restrictions as GS, but the scripting still needs work.  Everyone is welcome to come.  I set a max of 20 ppl in hopes it won't lag too much.  I'm running on a cable connection.  I hope my computer doesn't crash while I'm gone...  :unsure:
[snapback]10486[/snapback]
Can also check arivs, scripts are all set like on gs, including spells like dispels, hellball, horn, harm. Also has a truesee fix. Some poeple that are sent on gs are sent on it too + bus and maxou. raven and 420 are added as dm's. Couldn't get other poeple their cdkeys yet. It only requires the origenal game + patch 1.64

Only drawback is that it needs to change ip once a day.

-Mel

Offline iceycool56

• View Profile
    • Email
Rune
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 12:54:16 AM »
I'm sorry, Rune isn't up and probably won't be for a long time.  I've used Toolset before but that was only for making a small area to hold my items and such.  It's gonna take some time for me to figure out all the scripts that are currently on there and to make out any new ones.  Apparently I screwed up by using a version of the Toolset that made it mandatory to have both expansions (SoU and HotU) in order to log in to Rune.  Now I need to install a version of Toolset so I can edit Rune and make it available for all versions.
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Nemesis

• View Profile
    • Email
Rune
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 03:32:57 AM »
Me and Elessar hjad one that was comp for all vers. But I dunno what happed to them and what Elessar did with his.

Offline iceycool56

• View Profile
    • Email
Rune
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 06:39:52 AM »
At the time when Elessar sent me Rune, it was all ver. compat. but after opening it up with the toolset, I made the mistake of clicking on the option of making it necessary to have both expansions.  I gotta figure out a way to fix it.
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Rune
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 07:43:53 AM »
sorry about that i forgot to tell you how to make it all ver compatable(i didnt bother to read cuz it was too big) lol you shoulda just told me and i woulda been able to tell you in an instant.

open up leto and go into the advanced editor. you open up the open rune's module.ifo file in it and you'll see on about the fifth line down

expansion pack  ....    3

change the 3 to a 0 and it'll be all ver compatable. BUT! you must remember this! DO NOT USE ANY TILESETS THAT ARE NOT FROM THE ORIGANAL NWN! if someone who didnt have hotu entered an area with a hotu tileset, they'd crash. the same goes for people who dont have sou and walk into a sou tileset. also any placebles that came from sou will be invisible to someone who doesnt have sou and placebles that came from hotu will be invisible to players that dont have sou.  :)

cheers!
Lord Elessar

Offline iceycool56

• View Profile
    • Email
Rune
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 10:36:46 AM »
sorry about that i forgot to tell you how to make it all ver compatable(i didnt bother to read cuz it was too big) lol you shoulda just told me and i woulda been able to tell you in an instant.

open up leto and go into the advanced editor. you open up the open rune's module.ifo file in it and you'll see on about the fifth line down

change the 3 to a 0 and it'll be all ver compatable. BUT! you must remember this! DO NOT USE ANY TILESETS THAT ARE NOT FROM THE ORIGANAL NWN! if someone who didnt have hotu entered an area with a hotu tileset, they'd crash. the same goes for people who dont have sou and walk into a sou tileset. also any placebles that came from sou will be invisible to someone who doesnt have sou and placebles that came from hotu will be invisible to players that dont have sou.  :)

cheers!
Lord Elessar
[snapback]10782[/snapback]

Elessar, you r0xx0r  B) .
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Rune
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 10:42:32 AM »

cheers!
Lord Elessar
[snapback]10782[/snapback]

Elessar, you r0xx0r  B) .
[snapback]10823[/snapback]

^_^

-Lord Elessar