Author Topic: What do we want in nwn2  (Read 8441 times)

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
What do we want in nwn2
« on: November 07, 2004, 12:28:08 AM »
ok here is my short wish list

- totally random, open ended oc - like GTA except that even if ur a hopeless dweeb on the keyboard u can still puruse a nice career. totally random quests, maps and storyline too of course. (in GTA im such a hopeless dweeb i cant get past mission 3...)
- some combat should be executed with special keyboard combo presses. not all, cos it will probably lag. DnD online beta already has this.
- must retain total customisability with toolset and be open source like nwn 1.

ps - off topic - btw, is it ok to start a lucid magic torrent site? cos then i could host torrents for all the nwn isoz and dnd pdf manuals... can't hos tin UK tho have to get server in nice IP friendly country - like um....  slovenia i think. (i might start a new thread for htis one). plus also all te rpg isoz like ragnarok and lineage 2 etc..

EDIT: oooo check out bus's rpely to my post, he has this HUGE blank space in it.. wonder why..... hmm.....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 04:11:30 AM by gashmo »

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
What do we want in nwn2
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 01:39:40 AM »
i hope it has the q w e a s d movement keys like in nwn

(will nwn 2 have epic levels?????)

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
What do we want in nwn2
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 09:21:59 AM »
In nwn there is a main quest and a few side quests. I'd really like some HARD side quest which if you did it you'd get some bonus in the long run. Tough quests that test your mind, your brain and your head! :P

nwn was too easy...
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
What do we want in nwn2
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 09:34:39 AM »
I personally never played the actually NWN games. I'm an online feller. But I think some things I would like in NWN2 would be...

1. To have reduced amount of crashes/bugs in NWN2 as a whole. I know it is hard to make a game like NWN without them but guys... TRY YOUR DANG BEST.

2. New classes. Maybe also a revamping of the prestige classes or maybe Sub-Classes. Like when you pick Barbarian there could be Regular and like 2 or 3 other types that get minor decreases and increases.

3. New feats of course. To keep the game fresh. And Also some balancing of the old feats that some people say are lame like Epic Dodge.

4. New spells. Well now I'm starting to sound a bit repetitive. But about the same as above. Spells like WoF could be changed by giving it maybe a casting time or takes longer for blind to kick in.... or even a saving throw. But if saving throw I think should limit it to like half-blind if they save or something...

5. New races. Yay! Now the basic races we have now are cool. But to have new races like the Brownies and Wemics that were featured in the CEP would be neat. Also maybe a small evolution branch from Kobolds or something ; ).

6. A well developed fighting system still based of DnD. I don't want them to change the basic fighting ways of 1d20 dices and the such. Even though I heard they weren't... it would be killer of them to. (maybe make the dice more dependable I don't know)

7. An updated look of clothing! w00t Yes I said it. I think they should of all the old parts of clothing with an added bunch of more. Maybe take out some of the less popular peices... but I don't know. And more robes and stuff. Add the stuff from CEP and more like it. Would be good. (Also fix hoods on races heads)

8. New weapons and other items. Have the old ones but have new ones also but with workable feats like in the CEP for all to use. Also maybe new armors and stuff. Maybe delve deeper into the class specific clothes like the Sequencer Robes and Lich Lyrics for Bards.

Now I know I probably just stated the obvious. Duh. But those are the things I would want added to NWN2 and if you want I can go into MORE detail later LOL.

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What do we want in nwn2
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 01:11:42 PM »
Welll, I can't imagine that Obsidian Entertainment (formerly Black Isle) will put the time anf effort in the NWN 2 that Bioware put into NWN.

For one thing, Bioware just invented a revolutionary new way to continue to support, upgrade and add content to NWN with their Premium Content.

If, Obsidian decides to make NWN 2 a toolset-based game for builders and it isn't 100% backward compatable with NWN mods then they will simply be competing products. People will have to decide if they want to continue buidling new mods and maintaining old ones with onld NWN or if they want to abandon years of upgrade, content and user community contributions to start from scratch with NWN2.

My hope is that NWN 2 is simply a HUGE expansion pack for NWN that, like HotU, will add upgraded graphics as an trade for higher system requirments. That way we just have to convert our mods to NWN 2.

If Obsidian isn't going to put the effort in making this a true toolset builders game thats fully compatable with NWN, then I hope they don't include a toolset at all and simply make it a really good single/multiplayer adventure with a brand new graphics engine.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 02:20:16 AM by 420 »

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
What do we want in nwn2
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 12:38:40 AM »
That  Premium Content link you gave 420 is great!
I am glad to see there is a growing avenue for skilled mod builders to earn some income from their efforts. Each module could sell just like a DnD module!

On thread topic - i think 420 made a really good point that NWN 1 should be preserved if it isn't going to be expanded properly via toolset. However, I think NWN 2 has to have a good fps type view like DUngeon Seige plus possibly mortal kombat style combo move controls cos this may be some of the other online rpgs are heading..
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 12:41:59 AM by gashmo »

Offline Raelias

• View Profile
    • Email
What do we want in nwn2
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 05:12:59 PM »
Now I agree with 420 cept for I think that instead of not bothering with the toolset, they should. Cause like... to just make one big mod or some junk game and NWN2 would ruin it. I didn't even play that "old" NWN's main adventure thing. But I agree with just a huge expansion pack. Or they need to make such a big drastic change somehow that is just so good that people would rather remake. LoL. Or just make it compatible so that you can upgrade each section or the module in a whole to work with NWN1 which would be nice.

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
What do we want in nwn2
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 05:30:41 PM »
well it's said that bioware is working with obsidain trying to get this toolset in to nwn2, so I don't think that should be a prob
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Raelias

• View Profile
    • Email
What do we want in nwn2
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 05:39:27 PM »
Ya on that one website. Have they really that site with any new info lately? I forget the sites name. Someone set up a link.

But hopefully you will be able to convert from NWN1 to NWN2 through the toolset. But it could be stupid and just an extremely advanced form of what we know now. Someone should post on that forum site about this...

-Raelias

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
What do we want in nwn2
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 05:46:44 PM »
well the forum is www.obsidianentertainment.com then you go into the nwn2 forum.
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Raelias

• View Profile
    • Email
What do we want in nwn2
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 05:55:28 PM »
K thanks. If I decide to be not lazy enough I may bring this issue up on the forums and put a post up. But most likely I will come to the conclusion of utter laziness like I normally do.

-Raelias