Author Topic: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
« on: November 06, 2004, 07:24:47 PM »
Muhahaha! Finally it lives! IT LIVES! The release date for WoW has now been set to November 23. w00t. Just though I'd update you people who don't check the worldofwarcraft.com regularly like I do. LoL and by "you people" I DO mean lucidmagic posters. Yes.... Can't wait till the game comes out. Also after the Final Stress Test, which should be happening in a few days, Open Beta will be out for everyone. I suggest you check back regularly for when the Open Beta begins and try to DL a copy. w00t. Can't wait.  B)

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 08:41:25 PM »
lm posters means me too and I knew that!!

tho I thought it was for europeans first cuz the north amercicans are running a, or going to, open betatest.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 09:56:50 PM »
I never got the point of Pay-to-Play, which is what WoW is I believe.

The basic idea is this:

I give Blizzard $50 and I take home a CD and fill up a few gigs of space on my hard drive. Now, even though gigs of my hard drive are being taken up with data I already paid for, I can't access it until I pay more?

Then I keep paying until I get tired of the game or the financial drain and I stop paying and playing. At this point I may have invested hundreds of dollars into this game, only to have my account closed and a completely useless piece of software (since there are no single player options with this type of game).

I just can't see the logic behind pay-to-play games. If someone who has played Everquest or DaoC or any others, explain to me how it is worth the money you hemorrhage and if it has convinced you to play more pay-to-play games.

Thanks,

PS I presonally would have loved a Wolrd of Starcraft game, I probably would have considered paying to play it but I'm not sure I would ahve gone through with it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 09:59:32 PM by 420 »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 01:36:31 AM »
B Net has never been pay to play..wtf is up with that. If it was, i would have never gotten Starcraft a few years ago. Butt heads figured out i didnt have a real key code :angry2:
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 04:05:42 AM »
it is true Battlenet and Blizzard games D2 and Wc3 are all free to play online. I guess WoW will be free online too?

But the thing which is bad about blizzard is that they always change the rule sof the game and delete your character or its items without asking. And they do this because as soon as you build a nice strong charcater, they will deliberately nerf it so that you play even more. I hate that.

The key with nwn is that all your stuff is yours - ezxcept when nwn goes and puts out a patch - wish they would stop patching.

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 08:57:49 AM »
the reason WoW is pay to play and W3/D2 aren't is because blizzard has to keep up several servers for us to play on, and it costs money. Then they ofcourse make the fee more then the cost so that they end up with an overflow of cash.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 09:24:40 AM »
That Blood, and they have to pay the salaries of the, in some words, "DM's" who are going to run WoW. See WoW is a MMORPG which consists of several large servers that are capable of holding thousands upon thousands of people. It takes money just to keep those up and running but on top of it, there is going to be a group of people who design and create and upload new quests, items, and ideas into the game on a regular basis to try not to make the game get old for you. But like 420 said why would you want to waste you money on a game you will probably stop playing in a few years. I suppose the answer is that if you look at the amount of money your paying... 12$ a month. It's only like... not eating once or twice or even three times less in a month depending on what your budget is on food. 144$ a year... hmm to pay that much would have to depend on the game. Though me myself, I have been a great fan of Blizzard and especially the Warcraft History and games they have developed. I have gotten much positive feedback about the game from a few of my friends who have been in Closed BETA and the Stress Tests that have been performed by Blizzard to get the game top notch. Now I will come to my conclusion whether to buy the game or not on November 22. And if I decide yes... then I will be in Wally World on November 23rd =).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 09:25:00 AM by Raelias »

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."