Author Topic: complaints  (Read 9004 times)

SubZer0

complaints
« on: November 03, 2004, 09:10:53 PM »
I got a few complaints that the mods here have been tampering with other peoples posts IF I CATCH ANY MODERATORS PLAYING WITH OTHER PEOPLES POSTS THEY WILL BE KICKED OFF THE MODERATION SQUAD... and please admins, don't tamper with other peoples posts either... two people said there not comming bakc because of that

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 11:50:14 PM »
Can you define "tampering"?

As I recall, you asked Throbblefoot to delete Zen's sig earlier today. Was that tampering or is it only tampering when you don't tell an admin to do it first?

Too tell the truth, if Zen isn't comming back, it's better for the forum anyway. Oh, and if Crane was one of those people, thank God, we didn't need him spewing his vile abuse here either.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
complaints
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 07:14:18 AM »
I think nathan means editing the posts itself. Don't think it goes about zen either.

If warning doesn't help and something goes to far or breaks a lot of rules, and you don't want to edit posts/acounts, I guess we better move, close or delete the topic. Or ban the one that is causing problems.

Anyway, any punishment will be disliked by the poeple that are affected by it. It just has to be done in some situations. But editing others post/acount for 'fun' is bad.

-Mel

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 08:28:38 AM »
If you tell someone not to tamper with posts, then tell them what to edit, and what not to...
that way no fights are started...

~Celestial
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 10:12:08 AM »
don't allow ppl to talk about politics. Mostly, no cussing :P
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
complaints
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 01:13:42 PM »
People who post while angry and use inappropriate language cannot turn around and complain the a mod/admin edited the bits that were offensive. If you read the agreement when you made your account, you may have noted that we reserve the right to modify or delete content.

My advice for people who don't like the political discussions is to not read them.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Pang

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 01:50:24 PM »
Why should a moderator change a post anyway .......

He either finds the post accepteble or not, a thing between it is just some opinion of you, at least that's my opinion bout that(Still follow me?)

If you don't wanne have a nice site go to Forum

Did you know, that when it snows, my eyes become light and the light that you shine can't be seen.

Look at my eyes meeeeeeeeeeen (He miro :D)

SubZer0

complaints
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 05:07:48 PM »
People who post while angry and use inappropriate language cannot turn around and complain the a mod/admin edited the bits that were offensive. If you read the agreement when you made your account, you may have noted that we reserve the right to modify or delete content.

My advice for people who don't like the political discussions is to not read them.

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]9215[/snapback]

420, did you see Zens picture in his signature? that wasnt right... there was a rule broken in his profile which was racisism, which will get you a automatic ban
i ment to include don't tamper unless you have a valad reison...
i was told the posts were being tamperd with for NO reison
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 05:11:05 PM by SubZer0 »

Offline c r a n e_osl

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 02:24:54 AM »
Can you define "tampering"?

. Oh, and if Crane was one of those people, thank God, we didn't need him spewing his vile abuse here either.

[snapback]9169[/snapback]

First let me start by saying I dont normally "spew" vile and in fact I am as soft and cuddly and harmless as a kitten. I only "spew/curse" when extremely agitated as the situation I had with 420 on that one thread when I felt I got thrashed and attacked for simply responding and posting my thoughts on his thread.

Secondly yes my posts were directly tampered with with even the wording being changed around to make my posts seem ridiculous. This led me to stop posting on LM altogather since if this was the style of moderation, I want nothing of it.

Lastly, Nathan has assured me he has restored order and hence I am proud to say I read/post here again.

/C r a n e<><

C r a n e_Leader of The Necriss and proud member of The Mauraders.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 12:36:12 PM »

Secondly yes my posts were directly tampered with with even the wording being changed around to make my posts seem ridiculous. This led me to stop posting on LM altogather since if this was the style of moderation, I want nothing of it.

Lastly, Nathan has assured me he has restored order and hence I am proud to say I read/post here again.

[snapback]9315[/snapback]

The wording didn't need to be changed around to make your posts seem ridiculous.

"restored order" eh? That's funny, because Throbblefoot (the admin who changed your post) is still an admin here and has the authority to assign new mods now.

Not only that, but Nathan offered me an admin possition last night. Which, if I had accepted, would have resulted in certain people being permanently banned from these forums.

Offline c r a n e_osl

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 01:28:52 PM »
The wording didn't need to be changed around to make your posts seem ridiculous.

I dont know what keeps drawing me back to respond to your idiocy? Sheer morbid curiosity? Or the fact that I pity you?[/span].

Not only that, but Nathan offered me an admin possition last night. Which, if I had accepted, would have resulted in certain people being permanently banned from these forums.

[span style=\'color:blue\']

Again your veiled threats just amplify your stupidity. I dont care that I seem to irk you by revealing how dumb you really are and how you attack others for no apperant reason. You are the classic example of what type of person you DO NOT want moderating forums for the following reasons;

*You attack people unwarranted, threaten to punish them on forums and servers alike.

*You think you cannot be second guessed. And if someone dares have a different opinion than you, you browbeat and harass.

Please take the example of Moderators and Administrators on this forum (i.e Nathan, Toki, etc..) who can actually moderate soberly and rationally and not act like the local bully who smashes everyone (funny, this is the same complaint people have of some of the administrators on GS).

Its called abuse of power.

/C r a n e<><[/color]

Offline Pang

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 01:35:13 PM »
Where is the love dumdidumdum

Kinda mis the good old chat without flame times :P.

Always been this or uh did someone screw it.

The past is over give a second chance and change I would say. Otherwise nothing goes good at one point  :unsure:  Uh that last sentance kinda wasn't making sense anymore I guess, a well gotta go now and hope you guys know what to say to each other now :D

Did you know, that when it snows, my eyes become light and the light that you shine can't be seen.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 03:08:15 PM »

Again your veiled threats just amplify your stupidity.

[snapback]9354[/snapback]

Hmm, not sure what your talking about Crane.

"veiled threats"? Sounds like you are paranoid. It would explain why you thought it was I who altered your posts originally, even though I'm not a Mod or Admin.

I have only ever threatened you openly, though I don't know why you always resort to name calling. Seems like someone who has to lower themselves to name calling doesn't have any right to call other people stupid.

You still have a smack down comming from me if you ever bother to show your face on GodSpire again. Don't think I didn't see your post about me on the PK-HQ forums.

*Starts tuning up the old Kobold Catapult.*

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I will take that LM Admin. possition after all...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 03:09:44 PM by 420 »

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
complaints
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004, 03:08:36 PM »
Crane: if you don't break the rules, then you have nothing to worry about. But you need to stop posting when you're angry (as you admitted to having done on the occassion in question).

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Pang

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 03:21:54 PM »
Ey I got a post between this post too man don't ignore then  :o

Bah gonna talk to my pc then you guys not even listend  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline c r a n e_osl

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 04:37:37 PM »

True Trobble true.

And "420" I have been going on GS almost everyday in the past week, a couple of times I saw you on with your 40 Monk ROFL. Please, duel me anytime you want but I wont be surprised if you pull out every cheap trick in the book to put down this old salty dog^^

/C r a n e<><

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 07:07:24 PM »

And "420" I have been going on GS almost everyday in the past week, a couple of times I saw you on with your 40 Monk ROFL. Please, duel me anytime you want but I wont be surprised if you pull out every cheap trick in the book to put down this old salty dog
[snapback]9378[/snapback]

Oh, I think I see the misunderstanding here!

Allow me to clarify:

1. I don't duel people I don't like.

2. When I said you have a smack down comming, I mean you have at least one ban comming plus some additional DM style torment.

Hope that cleared things up.

Oh, and what sort of "cheap tricks" do you expect from a level 40 monk anyway? High SR? Huge stunning fist DC? Hmm, doesn't sound like you know too much about NWN characters and duler builds, but don't look for help from me.

Offline c r a n e_osl

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2004, 11:05:43 PM »

Again you drag me out to respond. Could you just die already? Or perhaps go play in traffic...or better yet wet your feet in the shower then stick a fork in the toaster.

Ban me for one single minute on GS and I will never play there again and I will tell the handfull of guys I know still play there to refrain from playing there due to a typing primate known as '420'.

I dont know NWN builds? LOL I invented most of the popular builds out right now and I played NWN-Online as an Alpha Tester.

But why give pearls to pigs? Do me a favor Nathan and lock this thread already bud.

/C r a n e<><

« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 11:07:26 PM by c r a n e_osl »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 11:48:38 PM »
1. I don't duel people I don't like.

[snapback]9414[/snapback]
Some one likes me :D You just made my day

Again you drag me out to respond. Could you just die already? Or perhaps go play in traffic...or better yet wet your feet in the shower then stick a fork in the toaster.

Ban me for one single minute on GS and I will never play there again and I will tell the handfull of guys I know still play there to refrain from playing there due to a typing primate known as '420'.

I dont know NWN builds? LOL I invented most of the popular builds out right now and I played NWN-Online as an Alpha Tester.

But why give pearls to pigs? Do me a favor Nathan and lock this thread already bud.

/C r a n e<><

Someone jsut needs a big hug
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
complaints
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2004, 12:35:40 PM »

[/span]
[snapback]9429[/snapback]

Is that a promise? I tell you what, why don't you do that now and save me effort.

I invented most of the popular builds out right now and I played NWN-Online as an Alpha Tester.
[/span]

Yeah, I have never heard anyone claim that before... so, you came up with all the most popular level 40 builds during the NWN beta when level 20 was maxed? That is amazing!

Do me a favor Nathan and lock this thread already bud.
[/color]

Pfft, you don't get off that easily.

Oh, and Crane, don't get all bent out of shape because I "altered your post" here, I just quoted them like that for ease of reading.