Author Topic: CM and bans.  (Read 12768 times)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
CM and bans.
« on: October 11, 2004, 02:05:27 PM »
so I have a permanent ban from a server I didn't do anything on.... lol

I and there's me trying to get into the 100k items pvp.... everythings seems cool enough... next morning: banned

>:(
[snapback]8739[/snapback]
I hear a lot of players saying they get banned whitout knowing from CM, I dunno how those guys manage it, to ban a load of players whitout them knowing why...
Anyone has any idea?
And pls don't post something like 'CM suxx', that makes no sence. I want to hear, best of someone who plays there, what they want from players. Maybe they have a site/forum?

Just a little bit  :huh: all those bans...  

ps: Did post this here because it doesn't fits in the gs forum and would have been off-topic.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 02:12:42 PM »
Call me paranoid... wait, WHAT did you just call me?

My theory is that CM (and a few other PvP servers) boot GS regulars on sight. However, how they decide that someone is a GS regular is anyones guess.

*Make aluminum foil hat to block out their probe signal!*

Offline Shade

• O __ o
    • MSN Messenger - ShaSer_201@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ShadeSerenity
    • View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 02:35:55 PM »
haha yea ^.^ i get booted all the time if i have TSoGS written in my name :P but circus maximus is the only place i'm banned at.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
CM and bans.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 02:45:14 PM »
ya i got banned from cm cuz of my de tag lol. they can see that too. i think they run off like nwserver or something and just hit ban ip then boot w/o ever refreshing any bans. but cm is the only i been to anyway

-Lord Elessar

PS: it is true btw, CM does suck.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
CM and bans.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 03:39:27 PM »
The thing that irritates me is that it look like that the poeple who run the CM server don't want to talk about it. I did see some CM players whit the 1.64 update. They weren't bad. Just .. silent.

It's like, I don't see why it's needed to be like this.

And pls don't post something like 'CM suxx', that makes no sence.
PS: it is true btw, CM does suck.
Elessar... you want me to draw a picture to explain that sentence I wrote? And one for this sentence too..?..
 :blink:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 03:46:45 PM »
you want me to draw a picture to explain that sentence I wrote? And one for this sentence too..?..
[snapback]8779[/snapback]

Ugh! Don't diagram any sentences, they make my brain bone hurt!

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 04:05:30 PM »
The dm at circus maximus has some kind of issue with GS being more popular than his server.

As such, he bans anyone from GS who decides to log on there, and has threatened his own players with a ban if they ever go to GS.

The guy even has a character in his mod called "gary gayspire", who simply says something along the lines of "ooohhh....duuuuhhh.. i have such a boring and unimaginative server..... duhh....." when you click on it.

I believe he would be described as a relation to Wisto. Brother, I believe.....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 04:06:39 PM by Talon »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
CM and bans.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 04:24:56 PM »
As such, he bans anyone from GS who decides to log on there, and has threatened his own players with a ban if they ever go to GS.
That can explain why they were so silent on gs. And I think that way of acting to your own players and those from 'the enemy's server' won't increase the popularity of the server.

Now if it's so, .. it's just sad ..  :(

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
CM and bans.
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 04:33:47 PM »
lol sorry mel, but its true. i mean even Rune is better than CM

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
CM and bans.
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 04:49:36 PM »
Anyone ever read Watership Down? Remember the part when they go to Efrafa - the warren where they disfigure the rabbits to keep track of them and no one is allowed to leave? Well, it sounds like CM has General Woundwort on their hands.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 05:15:58 PM »
I got back in there today, pretty cool cuz I own them all =D

ofcourse this one guys had resist and a load of dmg reduct, so even tho I kept hitting him I did 0dmg.... lol
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2004, 07:00:20 PM »
Well I decided to check out CM cuz I have never seen it before. I made all new equipment for Jimmy James and was able to hang out for about an hour before I was booted/banned.

Obviously someone recognized my account since I rarely use the character and I removed all references to GodSpire. (My items all have "GS" in the name)

However, in the hour I was there I quietly walked around and here is what I saw:

-Rules state that 100,000 is the max value limit for items, 12 AC max and 10 AB max. But, 100,000 allows only 7AC and 8 AB max... not sure what they are thinking.

-Lots of players with names like "Sex 4 Cash" spanking one another in "the Sauna"

-No dueling! Just lots of randoming each other with spells.

-A hell of a lot of broken scripts, they should rename the server "<UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN>"

-Lots of "fun" little commands you can use to amuse yourself for about 10 seconds.

I would have had more to report, but I was unceremoniously booted/banned while reading my journal. They tell you a few times to read your journal, but don't because apparently it is a bannable offense.

Now, I won't say the server "sucks" but I don't know how else to describe the above in one word.

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2004, 07:03:46 PM »
it's fun when your ab is higher then your ac lol

I think total immunity is kinda lame tho
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2004, 07:04:33 PM »
Well I decided to check out CM cuz I have never seen it before. I made all new equipment for Jimmy James and was able to hang out for about an hour before I was booted/banned.

Obviously someone recognized my account since I rarely use the character and I removed all references to GodSpire. (My items all have "GS" in the name)

However, in the hour I was there I quietly walked around and here is what I saw:

-Rules state that 100,000 is the max value limit for items, 12 AC max and 10 AB max. But, 100,000 allows only 7AC and 8 AB max... not sure what they are thinking.

-Lots of players with names like "Sex 4 Cash" spanking one another in "the Sauna"

-No dueling! Just lots of randoming each other with spells.

-A hell of a lot of broken scripts, they should rename the server "<UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN>"

-Lots of "fun" little commands you can use to amuse yourself for about 10 seconds.

I would have had more to report, but I was unceremoniously booted/banned while reading my journal. They tell you a few times to read your journal, but don't because apparently it is a bannable offense.

Now, I won't say the server "sucks" but I don't know how else to describe the above in one word.

[snapback]8804[/snapback]

commands like "/fly" and such, those were nice
and I did notice a lot of randoming and they don't do anything about it other than chase the person around
the place isn't really great because the dominant builds appear to be weapon masters and epic mages
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
CM and bans.
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »
no i believe that is how they "duel". they dont have anything to manage the duels, plus the comands have to be within a certin distance of some npc and they have a book entitled how to get banned (lol) which lacks their worst reason for banning people, you cnat go to or be from godspire. :rolleyes:

-Lord Elessar

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2004, 07:40:29 PM »
they have a little duel manager, both click on each other, then say sg, and one say go.

you'd c it on every other server then gs I'm sure
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
CM and bans.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2004, 07:42:07 PM »
pffft. how lame, even i could come up with that

Offline iceycool56

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2004, 07:46:32 PM »
Their duel manager is real bad.  After a certain amount of time, even when both players are still going at it, the duel just automatically ends for no reason.   :angry:
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2004, 08:25:48 PM »
then you are too slow.... HAHA
elessar, why don't you send them a duel manager then? they hate gs so that version won't do, lets get yours then.

I've been playing on all the "big" arena servers and all just have the nice system called sg. is it too hard to handle that gs is the only server with super scripters.
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
CM and bans.
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2004, 08:27:37 PM »
probably. the system is extremely complex

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
CM and bans.
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2004, 05:34:44 AM »
um the boot /ban by CM probably has nothing to do with GS actually..

long before i came to gs. i was booted and banned from CM regularly. 2 example occasions :-

1) Turned up with a character named "President Bush" - Booted and banned within 3 minutes . Had not spoken to anybody or interacted with anything. Had merely walked around for about 2 minutes...

2) Turned up with an immune build. had items stripped. Was walking around looking at the rules. left of my own accord (had not psoken to or intereacted with anything). They ip banned me after i left. When i tried to get back in I found out i was banned.

(The only time i wasnt banned was when i turned up with a Level 1 wiazrd in default items and walked around acting noobish)

The dms at CM are power freaks. I guess they r a bit like GS dms, they have their own territory and preferences. CM's DMs are a bit worse because i think a lot of them are 12-14 yos. You see, at the same time that CM was popular, a lot of their players also played at Babba Lou. And those Babba Lou players were the most egotistical, evil, bunch centered on using exploits and faction dmwars. These same players insisted on gettign dm items, pking players and claiming it was a "legit" weapon.

SubZer0

CM and bans.
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2004, 10:44:09 PM »
The dm at circus maximus has some kind of issue with GS being more popular than his server.

The guy even has a character in his mod called "gary gayspire", who simply says something along the lines of "ooohhh....duuuuhhh.. i have such a boring and unimaginative server..... duhh....." when you click on it.

I believe he would be described as a relation to Wisto. Brother, I believe.....
[snapback]8784[/snapback]

hah, i was ban there a loong time ago for no reison, i remember

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2004, 08:22:57 AM »
And those Babba Lou players were the most egotistical, evil, bunch centered on using exploits and faction dmwars. These same players insisted on gettign dm items, pking players and claiming it was a "legit" weapon.
[snapback]8861[/snapback]

Eh hem. I played a Bubba Lou, as i knew the owner, and i'm not tainted...
At least not in my mind :P

End lesson: Don't judge a book by its cover, and then judge the whole library.

~Celestial
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 08:23:43 AM by Celestial1 »
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline ViperDE2004

• MSN Messenger - noneofyourfreakinbuisiness@F-U
    • View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2004, 03:25:31 PM »
Ya. I got banned to. Funny i went there randomed like crazy.  They didnt do anything.  Then i said i was with gs and they should come c what its like. BOOM.  BAN.  what ever, that server dosent even come close to the scripting on gs.  WHOHOOO GO GODSPIRE!!!

-Viper
Viper, Leader of {Legions of Sages} -(LoS)-

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2004, 04:52:20 PM »
randoming is allowed on cm, they just really don't like gs. when ppl ask me which server I'm from I just say I'm from the no no server :P
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2004, 06:05:24 PM »
LoL I've gone to CM twice in my life time. One time after a convo with a 12ac buddy of mine from the ol' days, he told me how "great" CM was. So I was like... I'll go check it out. Well I spent about 10 mins in there walking around and decided it ripped hard. So I left. The second time I caught myself there was when I was bored and GS was down and I decided to go in and kill everyone in CM. Amazingly I did not get banned which I thought odd at the time. But I guess I see how I didn't get banned now. After I had killed atleast every once I left that server... Personally I dislike CM intensely and just hearing what they do to GS members makes me dislike it even more. I mean Hey... I'll never hate it. But I can intensely dislike it.

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2004, 06:19:39 PM »
I'm gonna stop going there because there's nothing to do. it's more boring then any other server I've ever been to. They stand around doing some emotes and don't talk about anything...... and they use resist :(
If they didn't my 6 ts would be enough for a dragon, they're easily kd'ed muhahha
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline iceycool56

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 11:30:08 PM »
I love how low their discipline is because their item lvl restriction is 100,000.  Really, what were they thinkin!?
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2004, 12:06:51 AM »
it's not balanced, it's like some mages do on gs, have a gear of items for each type of opponent, go to war unprepared fuckers!
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Zaron

• MSN Messenger - Zaronn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
CM and bans.
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2004, 03:19:25 AM »
Hey Raelias, could you send me the rest of the movie clip ye got as pic? :P