Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Bugs
« on: October 08, 2004, 12:49:55 PM »
So this one guy came up to me and randomed my mage and since i'm allowed one kill, i go get my AA and decide to kill him.  well everytime i shoot an arrow, somehow "wail of the banshee" gets casted.  not only that, but the guy who randomed me had some items that got through the filter.  like, he was able to do 100+ damage with a longsword w/o crits.  i also think he had immunity to death magic and damage resists but i can't say for sure if he buffed himself.

*Edit*  ok, i figured out it wasn't me cuz when i started shooting other ppl (with their permission of course) it didn't cast the spell so it was the guy who had illegal items.  couldn't get his login cuz he didn't say anything
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 12:58:29 PM by iceycool56 »
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 01:17:11 PM »
*Edit*  ok, i figured out it wasn't me cuz when i started shooting other ppl (with their permission of course) it didn't cast the spell so it was the guy who had illegal items. 
[snapback]8493[/snapback]

Assuming it wasn't a problem with the new patch and the filter, it sounds like someone killed him so he could bypass the item filter. Those people just need to be booted or stoned by a sent.

Sounds like his armor had the "OnHit: Cast Spell: Wail of the Banshee" item property. That sneaky little punk!

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Bugs
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 02:48:56 PM »
Evryday poeple get trought the filter whitout even wanting/knowing it. I think it can go over 10 different poeple a day that get in whit level 40 or other illigal things, the number of players that freeze is way higher too. Making them plot would on the moment they enter for the first time would already be a half fix because they always are freezed and need to be killed first. But ther's a lot to do whit that new patch, like the ground dispel that works like a targeted dispel but then weaker. Other word, impossible to dispel higher level caster spells and effects like wof. It does unbalance things.

Lot of work .. and it looks like only 1 is doing that all, shouldn't be like that ...  :(

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Bugs
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 06:22:43 PM »
So this one guy came up to me and randomed my mage and since i'm allowed one kill, i go get my AA and decide to kill him.
[snapback]8493[/snapback]

i thought you weren't aloud to random anyone no matter what

-Lord Elessar

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Bugs
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 06:55:20 PM »
I'd say Iceycool's case is borderline: relogging with a different character to get vengence might be nearly indistiguishable from randoming. I'd advise against it if you don't want to get admonished/stoned/banned.

But, that aside, the rule is: if someone attacks you randomly, you can kill them ONCE. If they random you agian, you can kill them again. BUT, you can't kill anyone for attacking someone else, and if you kill them more times than they random you, you;re randoming.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Bugs
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 08:59:48 PM »
I'd say Iceycool's case is borderline: relogging with a different character to get vengence might be nearly indistiguishable from randoming. I'd advise against it if you don't want to get admonished/stoned/banned.

But, that aside, the rule is: if someone attacks you randomly, you can kill them ONCE. If they random you agian, you can kill them again. BUT, you can't kill anyone for attacking someone else, and if you kill them more times than they random you, you;re randoming.

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]8512[/snapback]

ok so thats the rule, but remember its not a good idea to get the vengeance once if there are alot of people on because it can lead to misunderstandings etc.

-Lord Elessar

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 09:56:55 PM »
so u cant help somone who is being randomed :blink:

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 10:48:03 PM »
[snapback]8526[/snapback]

It's really none of your business if someone is randoming unless they attack you.  If we're not sents or DM's it's not our responsibility to stop them.  You might argue that morally I should do something, and I do too.  I just tell them to stop.  If they're randoming like crazy and just won't stop, I'll go to the randomer thread and post the login there.

As for having my vengeance upon the guy who randomed me, I normally wouldn't even take my one free kill that I have the right to.  If there's a sent or DM, I wouldn't even kill him unless it was because the character really sucked and was killed by auto-attack.  I wouldn't want someone who doesn't know me to glance over and mistake me for being the randomer and then get dazed, stoned or, worse, banned for it.  But since there was no one around and I had witnesses to back me up that will say I got randomed, I had the right to kill the person . :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 10:49:07 PM by iceycool56 »
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 10:54:11 PM »

now i doubt this is goin go over with the DMs but my philosphy is that if there aren't any Sents or DMs on and ppl are randoming it is you duty to become the police until a Sent or DM come on, even if that means constantly killing ppl.
  -sorry, but that's how i feel; and it does work
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Bugs
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 01:36:07 AM »
It works til I ban you for it. Sorry,  banning vigilantes works.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Bugs
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 06:51:58 AM »

now i doubt this is goin go over with the DMs but my philosphy is that if there aren't any Sents or DMs on and ppl are randoming it is you duty to become the police until a Sent or DM come on, even if that means constantly killing ppl.
  -sorry, but that's how i feel; and it does work
[snapback]8528[/snapback]
If you disable/kill them, give a bit explenation, doesn't has to be very much, and wait to see what they do afther, and just do it again if they do it again, it's no problem if no dm and sent is on. But if you do it, make it's acceptable. Not leaving them stunned for hours or killing them time afher time if hey didn't do something between 2 kills. If you're not sure if you may handle. Just don't do it.
If a sent or dm is on, just get their attention to the problem, but don't play sent yourself then.

It might be a bit boring to bore off a rulebreaker, but it works. I know that this kind of job isn't fun. Somethimes it's about the only thing I do on gs for days.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Bugs
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 04:11:12 PM »
To stay ontopic -BugS-
-Server and Clients crash more (yay!)
-Undeath's ethereal foe gives ac, good point is, it stacks ... (another yay!)
-1/20 change to dispel whit a ground dispel. Wof is even getting better. And forget to dispel anything as non-sorc, non-wizard. Unbalance all gs builds. (you know the drill)

Seems like they fixed the clairty/tasha's bug, they did something :)
( and I did double post ... )

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 05:46:33 PM »
It works til I ban you for it. Sorry,  banning vigilantes works.

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]8542[/snapback]

don't worry, i'll ONLY do it when there are no DMs or Sents on and it gets really bad(i.e. a FFA) and i always stop once DM or Sent comes in and i tell them that there's been a lot of randoming going on

*also notes that many of these ppl are also listed in the Official Randoming Thread*

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 05:57:16 PM »
the undeaths eternal foe spell has always given 4ac, I haven't checked if it stacked in 1.62, but the thing is that it stacks up to 7ac, 2 spells, and it has to have something to do with it being based on some ac type that only stacks to 7

the dispells have just been made to work properly, you can't say it's wrong when they fix spells to work the way they're supposed to be.

if you need to know the changes then download the text document on the changes. (actually I think you get that when updating)
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Bugs
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2004, 06:30:54 PM »
the undeaths eternal foe spell has always given 4ac, I haven't checked if it stacked in 1.62, but the thing is that it stacks up to 7ac, 2 spells, and it has to have something to do with it being based on some ac type that only stacks to 7

the dispells have just been made to work properly, you can't say it's wrong when they fix spells to work the way they're supposed to be.

if you need to know the changes then download the text document on the changes. (actually I think you get that when updating)
[snapback]8601[/snapback]
The dispel complety unbalance the classes, that's the point, it needs a fix. Just like undeath's eteral foe needs a fix. Like it's now it will reduce the variance of builds on the gs server. At least in my opinion.

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2004, 07:48:35 PM »
that's true. in 20s the dispells were perfectly balanced, but now a cleric caster can't touch a mage without casting a serious amount of spells.

I believe that for 40s there ought to be better dispells *looks at those that own books*
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2004, 11:40:53 PM »

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]8512[/snapback]
Ok, i loged on one day and there was a lvl 40 PKing all hte lvl 20s he could and they couldnt do anything about it. I killed him quite a few times because he wouldnt stop. He did not attack me first but i beleive i did the correct thing.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2004, 12:22:38 AM »
but the thing is that it stacks up to 7ac, 2 spells, and it has to have something to do with it being based on some ac type that only stacks to 7
[snapback]8601[/snapback]

Dodge

9 (boots) + 4 (haste) + 7 (2 UEF spells) = +20 (max you can add to a single AC type)

Keep in mind this negates the "Dodge" feat.

-420 Master of AC

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2004, 07:28:34 PM »
ofcourse, hehe

well the thing to ask then would be, why the hell don't I get my 20 ac from epic mage armour >:(

when UEF stacks TWICE, it's just mean to only give up 5ac
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2004, 09:03:15 PM »
well the thing to ask then would be, why the hell don't I get my 20 ac from epic mage armour >:(

when UEF stacks TWICE, it's just mean to only give up 5ac
[snapback]8667[/snapback]

Dodge is the only armor type that stacks from different sources in NWN.

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2004, 09:36:50 PM »
question: does the dodge AC (i.e. from Dodge and Mobility) actually show up in AC: ##  or do you have to add it in mentally (is wondering if he should take these feats in a few characters)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2004, 11:17:09 PM »
question: does the dodge AC (i.e. from Dodge and Mobility) actually show up in AC: ##  or do you have to add it in mentally (is wondering if he should take these feats in a few characters)
[snapback]8678[/snapback]

Since the AC from the Dodge and Mobility (and various other) feats are circumstantial, they will never show up on the character sheet's Attack Bonus.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2004, 05:26:35 AM »
question: does the dodge AC (i.e. from Dodge and Mobility) actually show up in AC: ##  or do you have to add it in mentally (is wondering if he should take these feats in a few characters)
[snapback]8678[/snapback]

Since the AC from the Dodge and Mobility (and various other) feats are circumstantial, they will never show up on the character sheet's Attack Bonus.

[snapback]8692[/snapback]

Or even on their armour class :D

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2004, 06:57:26 AM »
Have you been drinking again, 420?  :P

And ya, AC is a pretty tricky subject, hehe

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Bugs
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2004, 01:39:49 PM »
Or even on their armour class :D
[snapback]8703[/snapback]

D'oh! Yeah, what he said!

BzK: Looking around at all the empty bottles this morning, I can only assume, "yes".