Author Topic: Ban List Update  (Read 8629 times)

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Ban List Update
« on: October 06, 2004, 07:34:57 AM »
Unfortunately, someone took it into their hands to stack up bans on certain players.

Although some people can get right up your nose, and you may want to ban them until next year, we have this procedure for a reason.

I have removed the bans on the 2 players that were stacked: mystic_godspire and rabid_22.

They will probably fid themselves able to log back in now with their ban counter set at the correct amount.

A cutscened player in the farm is causing you NO grief at all.

So:

DO NOT STACK BANS IN FUTURE.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Ban List Update
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 03:52:19 PM »
[snapback]8272[/snapback]

Couple weeks back I stacked banned 2 people by accident (only one extra ban each I think). The problem I had was that after I banned the first guy, while Angelita was on her way to whack him I tried to ban the other guy and Angelita disappeared and reappeared next to me. Then I tried to ban the first guy again before the Angelita whacked the second guy. The problem is, I think they each got an extra ban because the bans still counted even though they weren't actually booted from the server!!!!

Is there any way to prevent this? Luckily it was only an extra hour, but people with more total bans would have harsher penalties from an accidental stack ban.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Ban List Update
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 04:00:57 PM »
I was there when those two got their bans lol. The Rabid_22 deserved a stack ban. For the fact that he has caused nothing but trouble since he came to godspire. And Mystic_Godspire did deserve a ban or two but not such a heinous amount :). IMO.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Raven

• View Profile
    • Email
Ban List Update
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 06:08:08 AM »
I didn't even know how to stack ban until I read 420's post :D I'm such a n00b

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Ban List Update
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 06:59:15 AM »

Couple weeks back I stacked banned 2 people by accident (only one extra ban each I think). The problem I had was that after I banned the first guy, while Angelita was on her way to whack him I tried to ban the other guy and Angelita disappeared and reappeared next to me. Then I tried to ban the first guy again before the Angelita whacked the second guy. The problem is, I think they each got an extra ban because the bans still counted even though they weren't actually booted from the server!!!!

Is there any way to prevent this? Luckily it was only an extra hour, but people with more total bans would have harsher penalties from an accidental stack ban.

[snapback]8305[/snapback]

Heh - we all make that mistake :D
What i mean is intentionally stacking 6+ bans on someone within the space of 30 seconds.
But yeah, its easy enough to fix, but im not making any changes until the new mod.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 06:59:57 AM by Talon »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Ban List Update
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 10:52:22 AM »
Did give someone a second ban (first was of 420) afther I talked 30 mins whit him. He did act like 'I get it.. I won't do it again', look what he said afther I disappeared. Now that's really asking for it, seeing his message before it he actualy asked for it himself. (the other 1 talking is a clanmate that was banned too) This isn't wrong to do, isn't it?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Ban List Update
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 12:57:38 PM »
(the other 1 talking is a clanmate that was banned too) This isn't wrong to do, isn't it?
[snapback]8368[/snapback]

I usually ban people who are trying to encourage others to cheat/hack/random. Bad influences shouldn't be allowed to spread their vile ideas.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Ban List Update
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 01:49:51 PM »
Plus, it's Brujah, and they are notorious trouble-causers, IMHO. I don't let repeat offenders slide too often.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ban List Update
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 01:54:13 PM »
Plus, it's Brujah, and they are notorious trouble-causers, IMHO. I don't let repeat offenders slide too often.

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]8384[/snapback]

Yeah like getting all tough when they got kicked out of the House of the Bear throne room before that clan battle :glare:

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Ban List Update
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 04:15:15 PM »
I dont like them (as if my opinion mattered) but they have lasted a lot longer than any other newb clan has. Normaly they die off in 1 week, i think its been maybe 2 lol

Is there any way a DM can tell me how may bans i have? Over the entire time iv been in GS i have only been banned twice. The last one didnt last long at all so im just wondering if the first one was deleted.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ban List Update
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2004, 04:19:56 PM »
good idea ;)
how many do I have :)

just to check if I only have 1 or if the 1Ã???? year old one still counts :rolleyes:
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Ban List Update
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2004, 06:47:01 PM »
I dont like them (as if my opinion mattered) but they have lasted a lot longer than any other newb clan has. Normaly they die off in 1 week, i think its been maybe 2 lol

Is there any way a DM can tell me how may bans i have? Over the entire time iv been in GS i have only been banned twice. The last one didnt last long at all so im just wondering if the first one was deleted.
[snapback]8426[/snapback]
Or talon tells you, or you ask for a other ban (then the dm see the number) <--- I know you don't want it :D
Anyway, it's also perfect possible to play on gs whitout getting 1 single ban :P

Btw, I didn't want to hit on the brujah clan, it was just to fastest second ban I ever did/wanted on someone. Just replyed on:

So:

Because I did take away the cutscene to talk and banned not long afther (40minutes) it for 'misbehaving'.

Offline Shildows_Nwn

• ICQ Messenger - 97
    • MSN Messenger - Rabid_Penguins22@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ban List Update
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 07:23:04 AM »
Unfortunately, someone took it into their hands to stack up bans on certain players.

Although some people can get right up your nose, and you may want to ban them until next year, we have this procedure for a reason.

I have removed the bans on the 2 players that were stacked: mystic_godspire and rabid_22.

They will probably fid themselves able to log back in now with their ban counter set at the correct amount.

So:

REally?! so i cann play?!
sweet! Thanks! :rolleyes:
Today on animal planet, we look at the common Idiot.
Symtoms:
Unlucky (Getting stung by bees)
Unwanted (or Banned)
Aimlessly doing many things ( Eg: Running around)

I have done all these things in the last week.
But i am also a talented idiot
I am a nerd in english and Socials.
And i am a good artist for my age.
I am Shildows.
My real name is undisclosed.
I am just new to Neverwinter nights and D&D
So dont go thinking i am a total retard just beacuse i am a n00b at Nwn.
I am good at soccer as well.
I have mastered Call of Duty.
I could pwn you at COD.
You know it.
[SIZE=14]DONT PUT THE MAGIC HAT ON FROSTY'S HEAD!
HE'LL COME TO LIVE AND KILL US

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ban List Update
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 11:20:09 AM »
Anyway, it's also perfect possible to play on gs whitout getting 1 single ban :P

refering to me? :P :ninja:
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.