Author Topic: Xen's Experiment....  (Read 19154 times)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Xen's Experiment....
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2004, 05:14:59 PM »
This whole topic is a joke, if you take out what you call 'lame/cheap', it will be replaced by other things that are 'lame/cheap' until you have nothing left. Almost evrything imageable that actualy can kill a other pc is 'lame/cheap'. For example, aa whit taunt and bardsong, or cleric/monk/sd, horn + dev crit, spamming sov ( and not only cleric do that, druids are spellspammers ), bladebarier ( it has no refex save for no damage if you have improved evasion, can be spammed too ) , monk sr ( bugged ), hellball, shades, epicdoge, spamming horn, bard song + digre + high lvl bard, silence, hips, spellslot mage vs mage lamers, low lvl mages whit insane amounts of hp from rdd or so, taunting mage vs mage,... i can keep going, maybe a harperscout is a class that can't be used in a lame way. Not even talking about the differnet opinions about what is lame/cheap and what is not ...

No wof, no hips, maybe even not ts and so, what the hell is the difference between gs and any other 20 ac resist or uber server???? There you have 1 perfect build type whit most ab/ac/hp/dam and all make that build(copy-time), you're all hoping you'll be the 'one' whit that perfect build and never lose? All will have it will all be dump luckfights and no building or idea's at all..... (how about all being dm and killing/freezing each other whit the sent rune? It's a bit the same and really looks real fun, really, ..., ..., bah) GS is balanced pvp, that also means you have strong and weak points, and i'm terrible sorry if it's that high ab aa, or horn/deva freak or hips user or whatever that picks on a weak point in you're flawed build, that is required to talk about balanced pvp ....

If you want a fair fight, duel someone who can give you it. Why it always has the be forced to behave? It's as sad as those rules that need to be writen down somewhere because those randomers/spammer/idiots/whatever can't behave.

I'm still wondering what I'm doing on a pvp server ... I wish gs was rpg or had somthing else than pvp.

Sorry I'm such a bitch last days but my mood is below zero, sorry :(

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Xen's Experiment....
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2004, 05:27:13 PM »
hey since hiding is considered lame then why not just make true seeing work as it says in the description again? invis and hiding spotted instantly, fixes one prob. If too much to take then lets say, true seeing can only be cast as a spell, then in some cases the hiders have it their way and in other cases they're done for.

Hellball, seriously, when I use it when making a server it knocks me down, it's gotta be a server script, could just be removed. (guess why I didn't use hellball when I came back to gs during hotu)

If you lose to a spammer, SoV Blades horn, whatever.... tell them they're spamming and then play again and kick their ass, it's legal but lame so there's no way of stopping them.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Xen's Experiment....
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2004, 07:41:35 PM »
Wow, some people seem to be hypersensitive to a topic that doesn't exist.

This topic is not about changing rules in GS or what is considered cheap, so there is no need to get all defensive.

This topic is about a group of people who can get together and duel with certain restrictions above and beyond standard GS rules. It is just like any other "guild", a group of like minded people hanging out and still able to be in other clans.

If you had bothered to read the entire thread you would see that most of the issues with "cheap" tactics will be solved by a patch or by dueling in a different area.

If you want to start a new topic about why your opinion differs from the group that this thread was created to form, then I suggest you do that. Don't start flaming people that are trying to put together a fun group project. If you don't aggree, you don't have to participate.

I, for one, would like to try it out, so if anyone wants to duel me in The Farm, just ask!

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
Xen's Experiment....
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2004, 06:25:51 AM »
Im glad you get it dude, LoL.
I myself have no idea were this topic was goin..

Indeed it was a lil group, Basicly, We decided to start a fighting style. You dont have to obay all the time, Go back to the way you were at any time. We just decided to fight without any dissabling spells, buffs only, And offensive spells (Damage only) Dispell is also fine.

Simply an idea to make duels more interesting, Nothing more, I wasnt suggesting changing the rules of GS that would be stupid.

-Xen

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Xen's Experiment....
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2004, 12:46:23 PM »
Lack of variety in builds

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Xen's Experiment....
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2004, 01:57:17 PM »
Lack of variety in builds
[snapback]7969[/snapback]
Lack of content in posts.....

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Shildows_Nwn

• ICQ Messenger - 97
    • MSN Messenger - Rabid_Penguins22@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Xen's Experiment....
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2004, 03:56:14 AM »
Bioware made this game for the things to be used, not banned.
Cheap chars are there to be beaten by skill chars.
Skilled chars are there to be beaten by cheap chars.
It easy to kill cheap ones, you just gotta find a way.
and aborting dules and banning spells means your just running away from the problem, and not just acceping it.
If there were no cheap characters, where do n00bs go to find a way to make a good char?. Cheap feats and spells are to make newbie chars find a way around them and have even better ways of killing the opponent.

Running away is not the answer to your unbeatable problems. :angry2:

If you dont know what i mean by unbeatable, i mean like if you have a deformity, there is no way around it,  and if would make it worse just trying to tackle it, just fess up and accept it. ( not saying that all of you have deformitys) <_<
Today on animal planet, we look at the common Idiot.
Symtoms:
Unlucky (Getting stung by bees)
Unwanted (or Banned)
Aimlessly doing many things ( Eg: Running around)

I have done all these things in the last week.
But i am also a talented idiot
I am a nerd in english and Socials.
And i am a good artist for my age.
I am Shildows.
My real name is undisclosed.
I am just new to Neverwinter nights and D&D
So dont go thinking i am a total retard just beacuse i am a n00b at Nwn.
I am good at soccer as well.
I have mastered Call of Duty.
I could pwn you at COD.
You know it.
[SIZE=14]DONT PUT THE MAGIC HAT ON FROSTY'S HEAD!
HE'LL COME TO LIVE AND KILL US

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Xen's Experiment....
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2004, 01:17:26 PM »
Cheap chars are there to be beaten by skill chars.
Skilled chars are there to be beaten by cheap chars.
[snapback]8029[/snapback]

Will someone PLEASE ban this ass-hole from posting for awhile? Not only is he posting his opinions about "cheap" tactics to the wrong topic, but as you can see in the above quote, he isn't actually saying anything. Talk about lack of content.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
Xen's Experiment....
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »
If nwn wasnt so full of fuck ups it wouldent need banned spells, nwn was not created for pvp and as a result we have spells and properties that collied with any proper pvp rule set that could be set.

99.9% of pvp servers ban Imunitys... What is the difference? Resists a compleatly RP they were never or will never be for pvp.

They were created to add a better RP value to the game, for example;

The only way to survive the Fire dragons breath is buy wearing a [span style=\'color:yellow\']Fire resistant[/span] set of scale mail.

But you cannot use your fire brand because it is [span style=\'color:yellow\'] imune to fire[/span], so your Ice blade is the best choice.

Okay, possibly a poor example. But I think you see my point..
And yes, I have banned Sildows once allready, 420 ask throbble if I am not around, I accept her judment and yours.

Anyway im to tired to debate the ill placed discussion on resists and imunitys and spell casting items in a topic were it was not intended,
And before you say it, Spell casting items were created also to bring better role play by offering enchanted items with "Special powers" to make the game more colourfull and interesting, not for pvp yet again.

-Xen