Author Topic: Smith Hold  (Read 4925 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Smith Hold
« on: September 03, 2004, 12:09:36 AM »
Hey everyone, just wanted to provide some details on Smith Hold (the semi-persistant mod that Throbbleserv hosts)

First, we call it semi-persistant because we don't have a dedicated server, it's actually run on Throbblefoots bad-ass computer when it isn't being used for something else.

When visiting Smith Hold keep this in mind:

1. Almost everything has a unique description, so always "examine" things. (right-click and choose the eye)

2. The NPCs are all in character and the DMs have RPG chars also, so feel free to be in character or out of character, but please respect those visitors wishing to be in character.

3. Most NPCs have very long dialog, take your time and chat with everyone. In fact there is so much text in the dialogs and the descriptions that you won't see it all unless you spend hours and hours or come back later! Also, we are constantly adding new dialog so some people you talked to before may have new things to say next time.

4. In addition to the gold maker (free gold!), the stores in Smith Hold sell many of the items from the toolset's "Standard" items list and even some from the Official Campaigns! (NWN, SoU, HotU) If you wish to see any items added to the stores just let us know.

5. The arena has a duel manager dispenser, use it!

6. Every area has map notes, use them!

7. Seriously, examine everything, it was a lot of work to type all that shit.

8. If you think we are harsh on GS to people who break the rules, you haven't seen anything yet. I have scripted some very nasty things for people who don't behave in Smith Hold.

9. If you want to do the quest, speak with the King, he can be found in Fumesmith Hall.

Hope to see you there, I will bring the server up for the day on 9/3/04 around 10 AM PST. 6 PM GMT.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 12:22:34 AM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Smith Hold
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 07:54:24 AM »
9. If you want to do the quest, speak with the King, he can be found in Fumesmith Hall.
lol i thought the quest started with speaking with the queen lol.... or can you start with either? lol

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Smith Hold
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 12:22:17 PM »
lol i thought the quest started with speaking with the queen lol.... or can you start with either? lol
Well, the first Journal update you get about the quest can be given by a few different people, including the Queen. But you can just skip that and go right to the King.

However the quest doesn't begin until you speak to the King and accept the quest from the Archmage.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 12:22:50 PM by 420 »

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Smith Hold
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 05:38:36 PM »
when the number of players on gs is low I sometimes wanna come, but there's a password on a lot of the time :(

DEX is kinda getting old because I just got a ton of prestige classes and nothing can match up to that :P

(One thought, would it be possible to add those prestige classes to throbbleserv? it's kinda kewl)
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Smith Hold
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 05:45:41 PM »
No, not possible. Smith Hold is a clean server: no hakpacks required. That's one of the main principles of the design.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Smith Hold
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 05:51:28 PM »
when the number of players on gs is low I sometimes wanna come, but there's a password on a lot of the time :(
If the mod Throbbleserv is running is "Smith Hold" and it is passworded, it means I'm testing some new content. If I can work out the bugs I bring it up without a password later that day.

If the mod is "Demon", sorry about that, Throbble and I are playing through it right now and it is just so cool!