Author Topic: Morrowind - Dead?  (Read 6944 times)

Offline MageRender

• MSN Messenger - MageRender
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MagusSyndicate.com
    • Email
Morrowind - Dead?
« on: September 02, 2004, 10:02:15 PM »
I thought a long time ago(and still) that the best RPG was Morrowind. Period. It took me about 2 and half months to compete (4 if you include its 2 expansions, which I am sure I forgot many sidequests). But something has occurred as of late and is forcing me to lose precious sleep... the creators, Bethesda Studios, have announced more or less, that a sequel/expansion is coming out soon for this game. If you check out their website elderscrolls.com, you will find a splash counter... a counter to what you ask? Some announcement is my guess -- the announcement of a Morrowind Sequel.

Perhaps some of you have played this epic, which is famous for its groundbreaking free style gameplay (monstrous sized world), its graphics, and above all: its immersive game play which will literally take you months to complete. So I ask you now -- get this game. Play this game. And experience Morrowind!

For the record it came out about 3, maybe 5 years ago. The graphics are still up to date and rumors have leaked out from the developement that the game runs on an engine similiar to Half Life 2 -- but built from scratch.

So do yourself a favor... PLAY IT before the "Elder Scrolls X" comes out!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 10:04:11 PM by MageRender »

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Morrowind - Dead?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 10:03:39 PM »
Here's a Morrowind question for you:
Do you have to run everywhere to keep your run skills up to par?

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline MageRender

• MSN Messenger - MageRender
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MagusSyndicate.com
    • Email
Morrowind - Dead?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 10:13:13 PM »
Forgot to mention, the game name is supposedly running along the lines of

ElderScrolls IV: Oblivion
Began developement sometime in 2003.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 10:39:16 PM by MageRender »

EL CABAZONO

Morrowind - Dead?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 10:30:13 PM »
For athletic skill, yeah - you have to run. or swim. swimming's faster.

That game was too tempting to "exploit" things (non-console) such as jumping up and down stairs to get 100 acobatics in 30  minutes.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Morrowind - Dead?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 11:40:36 PM »
Well, I played Daggerfall which was the Elder Scrolls 2 and it sucked! I kept falling through the tileset into a void!

But what really sucked was that if you didn't constantly run/jump everywhere your skills would atrophie and you would lose skill points!!!

Screw any game that takes your experience/abilities away!

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
    • http://
Morrowind - Dead?
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 06:15:27 PM »
While morrowind was definitely one of the great games i have played, i still have to say baldur's gate 2 ownz all rpgs. nuff said.

glad to hear they are making a sequel thou :)  

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Morrowind - Dead?
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 07:06:01 PM »
While morrowind was definitely one of the great games i have played, i still have to say baldur's gate 2 ownz all rpgs. nuff said.

glad to hear they are making a sequel thou :)
Baldur's Gate 2 was nothing compared to Planescape: Torment! The best RPG ever made. In fact, the game is 15 years old now and the fan base just released a new patch for it last month! Seriously, people still play this game all the time.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
Morrowind - Dead?
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 09:50:14 AM »
Morrowind is far from dead, People still play it, As some small portion of proof here is a mod that has been in developtment for years now and is nearing completion, Absolutly amazing Wizards Islands Episode 1 and 2 (2 Develpoment started)

Look at the Graphica section... enough said realy..

Xen.