Other > Computer stuff

Alienware Area-51

<< < (2/4) > >>

Soul Sojourner:

--- Quote from: Illutian on September 01, 2014, 02:49:45 PM ---I hear AlienWare makes your FPS go up to 200FPS constant.

--- End quote ---
I read that as: "I hear AlienWare makes your Fucking Pile of Shit go up to 200 Fucking Pieces of Shit constantly.

--- Quote from: 420 on September 01, 2014, 10:58:35 PM ---Always, but the shape of the case was what I found most interesting about the article I linked. I wonder how long before Antec designs something similar.

--- End quote ---
I personally don't care much about the shape of the case as long as I have ample room to work in it, good airflow, and it's not so fucked up that it won't fit on my desk or is a hazard/self-hazard. For example, if it had sharp metal spikes sticking out of it, that would be awesome, but I'd be worried about myself, my daughter, or someone else being stabbed. Now, if I was bowser, shredder, or some other spikey villian, well...

Mo:
Dunno about this particular case.  I like how it's a desktop.  I've moved away from towers myself and prefer everything up on desks.  But this Alienware looks like it would have bad airflow and this is a problem with all Alienware stuff.  Too much heat really reduces the lifetime of the system.  I don't see any fans on the outside of this thing (at a glance).

420:

--- Quote from: Mo on September 02, 2014, 02:09:09 PM ---Dunno about this particular case.  I like how it's a desktop.  I've moved away from towers myself and prefer everything up on desks.  But this Alienware looks like it would have bad airflow and this is a problem with all Alienware stuff.  Too much heat really reduces the lifetime of the system.  I don't see any fans on the outside of this thing (at a glance).

--- End quote ---
Hmm, the article link no longer works, but it mentioned that the case was designed specifically to maximize airflow and cooling by channeling hot air out through the most direct route. I had to buy an extra fan for my tower recently because it needed the extra fan (which did not come with the case) in order to make the angular airflow work.

Soul Sojourner:
They aren't the most beautiful cases, but I'm otherwise pretty damn loyal to Lian Li.

420:

--- Quote from: Soul Sojourner on September 02, 2014, 06:58:35 PM ---They aren't the most beautiful cases, but I'm otherwise pretty damn loyal to Lian Li.

--- End quote ---
Interesting variety of cases. What do you prefer?

The square one with the handle is interesting. Portable desktop! I can manage that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version