Author Topic: Letter of Resignation  (Read 10050 times)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« on: August 31, 2004, 04:27:17 PM »
I do not wish to be the leader of the sentinels of godspire any longer, nor do I wish to be one at all. I have removed myself from the list. I am tired of what I have become. If any of you remember me from before my time as leader and further back before that. I was never what I am now. I'm not leaving godspire, for that I could never do. But until I can figure out whats wrong with my attitude, and why Im so mean. I do not want the power that I so blatantly abuse. See you guys around, have fun always. Thats what we are here for.  
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 05:00:35 PM »
pfft, please spare me, Tolar makes you look like fucking Santa Claus! I can't believe you're going to dump the whole Sentinel load in Mo's lap, now that is what I call mean.

I don't know where this is comming from, just yesterday Talon and I were discussing how much fun it is having Mercy around. From what I have seen you are active as a leader of TSoGS and a fair Sentinel. I have have yet to see you abuse your Sentinel powers or your possition as co-leader of the TSoGS.

Don't make me come to your house!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 05:02:07 PM by 420 »

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 09:58:55 PM »
Well I actually talked to Mo before I decided to do all this, and he agreed with me that it is for the best. Trust me on the fact that I dont want to do this, but I dont want to be thought of as an asshole, or anything worse. I am just seeing this in myself at the moment. If anyone doesnt think that then I would enjoy your company at the moment. I would like to hear your opinion on me lol. Thanks.

Offline Shade

• O __ o
    • MSN Messenger - ShaSer_201@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ShadeSerenity
    • View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 10:40:37 PM »
i am really sad that u r quittin but also kinda happy:( i guess u were being a little mean but i still lurbed ya. i will still always ask u for advice and lend u my stone >.> awww i'm gonna miss not seein ur sparkles T.T

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 11:45:19 PM »
i will still always ask u for advice and lend u my stone
uh, I think what Shade means is "i will still always ask u for advice and not openly admit to breaking any of the Sentinel rules."

Anyway, since your open to opinions, I will open up my big, burlap "Opinion Sack"...

I think being introspective is great and I am always up for a little self exploration. (I will destroy anyone that calls me a "hippy")  Then again I'm part Native American (or whatever the fuck they are calling us now) and I have always been partial to taking a bunch of hallucinogenic substances and exploring my inner being. Preferably in a "sweat lodge".

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat... no, wait, that wasn't my point. DAMMIT!

Let me try this again, discover yourself, good, find out who you are, or better yet, shape yourself into what you want to be. This may sound like one of those feel-good-about-yourself-while-giving-us-all-your-money seminars but I am serious.

Well, mostly, anyway, I don't think you have to quit your clan and the TSoGS to make a "fresh start".

Every day is a new day, there is no reason why you can't come on with your Sent stone and clan tags tomorrow and just act differently. You may have the occasional relapse in attitude true, but consider this:

If it is the sent stone/clan tags that are making you act in a way you don't want, starting over by quitting both then eventually rejoining will by just like repeating the old pattern that got you to this point in the first place.

Just for emphasis I will repeat that I find nothing wrong with your attitude or behavior on GodSpire.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 12:01:23 AM »
Maybe you are right, I dont want to quit the TSoGS or marauders either. But now its to late, and I might as well explore now. The taking of hallucinogens have already started taking place, and yes in "sweat lodge" that is the only way.

But you know, you are right. Becoming the old me again is going to bring me right back to this place. Everyone gets in a bad mood at times. I just have been getting in one alot recently, just the stresses of life. Maybe if I stopped quitting smoking every week I wouldnt be so grumpy. And yes I do quit every week, but by Monday Im smoking again. Thanks for the advice 420, it is always appreciated.  

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 12:11:22 AM »
*wonder if mercy is gonno change her name to mercy, dark elf of mirkwood*

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 12:18:56 AM »
*wonder if mercy is gonno change her name to mercy, dark elf of mirkwood*
*wonders if Bus knows Mercy is a guy*

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 12:38:24 AM »
Mercy,

I'm not one to respond to the "that's it I'm done but pay attention to me" posts, but your post struck me as different from those in a few ways:
1. You aren't leaving, you're trying to redefine your relationship to GS.
2. Your aren't some whiny shit looking for people to say "no don't leave we love you!"
3. You've always been really nice to me, even when I was "a nobody."
4. You're a great Sent - the kind where I know I don't need to be on if you're there.

So because of the above, I ask you to consider the below:
1. Do what you need to.
2. Remember your contribution helps to keep GS the shining citadel we know and love.
3. Some of us think you aren't mean -  I've never seen you snub someone you didn't know. That's more than I can say for a lot of the GS community.
4. Quit smoking. Seriously, man. DO IT! Think about it this way: it isn't enough to want to want to quit; you actually have to want to quit. And if you don't, quit torturing yourself and try to cut back.

-Throbblefoot

"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 01:04:22 AM »
mercys old old name was something liek mercy, dark elf of mirkwood .....and i use to own him  :D

(bah yea yea mercys a guy i know i know

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 08:27:03 AM »
But until I can figure out whats wrong with my attitude, and why Im so mean. I do not want the power that I so blatantly abuse.

Becoming the old me again is going to bring me right back to this place.
I'm happy to read this, really great you say it. And well, sorry that I was a bit unfriendly to you, just didn't like that you couldn't give some respect to some players. And if you're a hard working sent it really helps to take a break and think a bit if you're doing fine. Just take a good break and come back as new :)

note: bus can't you just keep your big, large, enormously huge mouth for a moment, pls :P

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 11:07:50 AM »
Thank you for the kind words throbby :). They mean alot to me, we always had fun together :P. My time will go faster through this, I am not worried anymore. I know now that it was the right decision because of the responses everyone has given me. I am going to take this time off to duel and get back on top of my character building skills. Once I am ready to return, I will talk to Mo and the DM family. If all is well with them, then I will return.

And Mel, I want to give you a special thanks for your response, because of the way I treated you was just plain rude. I let the power go to my head for a bit, and jelt that you owed me something, when you didnt. I expected more out of people and didnt pay attention to what they were. Thanks.

Oh and Bus is was Mercy the Lost One, and you never pwned her :P.

Offline Shade

• O __ o
    • MSN Messenger - ShaSer_201@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ShadeSerenity
    • View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004, 09:56:48 AM »
uh, I think what Shade means is "i will still always ask u for advice and not openly admit to breaking any of the Sentinel rules."

ya... i ment that o.O

mercy, it isn't to late :'( cooommmeee baaaacccckk its never to late! ur a good sentinel! bah!
and ur char is fine! he always kills me! ahhhh.
You can do what you want, if u think u need to quit and start over then i will help you along the way and i will wait untill untill u come back to the Sentinels to help kik but.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 10:03:39 AM by Shade »

Offline Dissolution

• View Profile
    • Email
Letter of Resignation
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 05:25:21 AM »
Uh.. i never really knew you, just know u from stoning me and.. orc thingy that bus came up and i made world wide :P ... but other than that, GS needs good sentinels, even if rude.. they must uphold law

Thats the point of sentinels, is it not? They are DM helpers so they should keep the rules intact, not make friends and go frollick in a garden of flowers. The only thing u need, is a attitude adjustment.. not to discover yourself

Theres my 2 cents..
Angband is Dissolution's territory.... beware

A man walks up to a whorehouse and finds a sign "Out to Lunch, go F*k yourself."

He goes accross the street to another whorehouse and finds the same sign "Out to Lunch, beat it!"

Poor guy got no action that night... this is dedicated to Bus.

Hehe