Other > Computer stuff

graphics card issues

<< < (2/2)

Elessar Telrunya:
Got an interesting new problem: My DVI-D ports don't seem to be transmitting display data to my monitor. I have one on my graphics card and on my mobo, but neither will work. I finally got a display back by using the D-Sub port. I already swapped out the cable, so I know that's not the problem. Any ideas?

edit: also, this was a pretty spontaneous problem. I haven't introduced any new parts lately. I finished watching a movie one night, shut down, and the next morning my display wasn't working.

420:

--- Quote from: Elessar Telrunya on June 24, 2014, 10:26:01 PM ---Got an interesting new problem: My DVI-D ports don't seem to be transmitting display data to my monitor. I have one on my graphics card and on my mobo, but neither will work. I finally got a display back by using the D-Sub port. I already swapped out the cable, so I know that's not the problem. Any ideas?

edit: also, this was a pretty spontaneous problem. I haven't introduced any new parts lately. I finished watching a movie one night, shut down, and the next morning my display wasn't working.

--- End quote ---
So, all the hardware/software worked one day and not the next without any updates? I would first think it was a hardware problem (video or otherwise).

Soul Sojourner:
I had the exact same shit happen to me awhile back. Watched some shit, everything was good, went to bed, woke up, turned shit back on, no display. For me, using the other port solved my issue though.

Was there a thunderstorm? (:O)

If not, my idea would be disconnect monitor from everything, blow out it's ports with a can of air or w/e and leave it sit for at least 30 minutes, but if you got other things to do, leave it as long as you're willing to and then re-connect, see what happens.

I once had a tv do some wonky shit due to, presumably, static electricity. Stopped working, and couldn't get it to display shit, tried again and again day after day but nothing, so I unplugged that shit, left it for a day, plugged it back in and it worked. *shrug*

As a bonus, I'd do the same to your comp, no power for a bit. Might reset something. Computers are fickle that way.

Elessar Telrunya:
Yeah pretty sudden. We've had a bunch of thunderstorms lately, but I don't think we had any that night. I'm actually wondering if the problem is the monitor's port. I'll see if any of the above helps...

Mo:
I'm guessing it worked then stopped working?  Or did it never work? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version