Author Topic: Sever Exploit  (Read 7478 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Sever Exploit
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:13:43 PM »
The legendary 1-handed sword Sever has an interesting property called "Slain enemies rest in pieces." which gibs a monster when it is killed by the sword. Now, apparently, the way this property works is that it does a massive amount of damage on a killing blow to ensure that the body of the monster explodes.

Some brilliant freak did some testing and posted his results to the Diablo 3 forum.

He figured out that you can use Sever in combination with the Demon Hunter's Marked for Death/Grim Reaper skill and the Monk's Exploding Palm and Wave of Light skills to deal out a huge amount of damage (400-900 million) to a large group of monsters. I suspect it works with other AoE skill damage as well.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sever Exploit
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:18:40 AM »
I totally thought you fucked up when I read this topic title. I thought you had meant to type "server exploit" until I saw you mention the name of the sword in your post. Haha.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 06:25:05 PM »
I totally thought you fucked up when I read this topic title. I thought you had meant to type "server exploit" until I saw you mention the name of the sword in your post. Haha.
Yeah, I made the same mistake when I read the posts on the battle.net forums.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 04:26:20 PM »
Interesting. I have 2 of those but both are better for casters. Might try it out on my monk when I return . If no one else manages to see it in action before then that is.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition