Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 *spoilers*  (Read 11866 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Mass Effect 3 *spoilers*
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:16:04 PM »
Bah stuck finishing Mass Effect 3.  Gotta say it's an interesting game and ending to be sure.  I can see what all the fuse was about.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 12:27:09 AM »
Bah stuck finishing Mass Effect 3.  Gotta say it's an interesting game and ending to be sure.  I can see what all the fuse was about.

Yeah Mass Effect 3 was a good game but I still think Mass Effect 2 was the best of the 3 by far gameplay and story wise (even though all 3 are part of the same plot)
and vanguards were soooooo broken in ME3. charge>nova>charge>nova....etc = GOD MODE, if I remember correctly charge refilled your shield and nova depleted it to some big aoe blast and after a few ranks on those you could them one after another instantly. Still love Mass Effect tho.

sry for the off-topic comment :)>

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:55:10 AM »
Yeah Mass Effect 3 was a good game but I still think Mass Effect 2 was the best of the 3 by far gameplay and story wise (even though all 3 are part of the same plot)
and vanguards were soooooo broken in ME3. charge>nova>charge>nova....etc = GOD MODE, if I remember correctly charge refilled your shield and nova depleted it to some big aoe blast and after a few ranks on those you could them one after another instantly. Still love Mass Effect tho.

sry for the off-topic comment :)>

No problem.  I split the topic.

I didn't play Vanguard so I wouldn't know about anything being overpowered.  Good thing about a single player game is that you can ignore cheats or god-mode.

I played an Infiltrator with my trusty sniper rifle.  Played just about the whole way on Insanity difficulty setting.  I found the combat very good and from what I remember about ME2 this combat was either as good if not better.  Lots of fun and challenging.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 11:51:16 PM »
I found it way easier but just cos I picked Vanguard on ME3, I played infiltrator/assassin in ME2
In ME3 I played on normal or hard dont remember but on Vanguard at least it didnt matter at all.
You could clear an entire room without firing a single shot and I still had that big dmg shotgun to go with it.
Main reason was the Nova (big aoe explosion based on your remaining shield) skill that was added in ME3 but like I said in the previous post it had extremely good sinergy with Charge (aka teleport in your face that instantly recharged shields)
In the first 2 it was more risky and harder to go with vanguard then on 3 it was just complete faceroll xD

The vanguard really needed a buff but seems their hand kinda slipped there :p
Still very good game and storyline just hope if they make another ME or a lookalike, I want a cyber-ninja class like that chinese assassin guy with dual katanas!

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:38:51 PM »
I repeatedly shoot the fucking space child.

FUCK YOU BIOWARE, FUCK YOU AND YOUR "We don't want an A,B, or C ending | so we're giving you a red, blue, green ending |".
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 12:13:36 AM »
lol

With the addition of the Extended Cut DLC I think the endings were very good.  There is a 4th ending, the one in which you lose :P

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 02:49:49 AM »
lol

With the addition of the Extended Cut DLC I think the endings were very good.  There is a 4th ending, the one in which you lose :P

It was rushed. I mean. In ME2 you could have EVERYONE survive the Suicide Mission...if you planned ahead. But in ME3's ending there was no happy ending. And the added ending was more of a "Fuck off. And accept it." from Bioware. -Seriously, very few from the "Better Ending" Camp found that additional ending funny.

Also, unless the DLCs brought more, there weren't 16 different endings.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9795631/1

EA wanted the cash and was tired of the delays ( Google Result for Mass effect 3 delay).

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/01/10/mass1525-effect-3-cas5ey-fdsafdhudson-interviewae.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10204263/

"

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 08:55:59 PM »
*SPOILER Alert*

The "happy" ending in ME3 has everyone survive but Shepard.  It's possible for him to survive the ending but you need to chose the "destroy" option.  He can survive that explosion but EDI will not survive.

The ending I chose was "destroy", with Shepard dying.  That's the way I wanted it to end anyway.  I played a renegade Shepard the whole way through, so it was fitting that he wouldn't survive.

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 09:13:03 PM »
*SPOILER Alert*

The "happy" ending in ME3 has everyone survive but Shepard.  It's possible for him to survive the ending but you need to chose the "destroy" option.  He can survive that explosion but EDI will not survive.

The ending I chose was "destroy", with Shepard dying.  That's the way I wanted it to end anyway.  I played a renegade Shepard the whole way through, so it was fitting that he wouldn't survive.

Still not 'my' ending that Bioware promised:

"We have a rule in our franchise that there is no canon. You as a player
decide what your story is.
"
-http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/01/10/mass1525-effect-3-cas5ey-fdsafdhudson-interviewae.aspx?PostPageIndex=3

There is literally no excuse why a Shep + Synthetic + Organics wasn't an optional outcome...provided you had done things like make peace between the Quarians and Geth, destroy the Collector's Base, had max Military Strength (been so long I forgot the actual name) [meaning you played Multiplayer], and done a handful of other things that would have required true dedication...

Jeremy sums it up well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4

His re-review after the Extended-cut DLC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC8Wv6esVvE

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 01:11:07 AM »
I guess so.  Fairy tale ending should be a possibility...parade at the end etc..

You wanted the parade huh :P

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 03:13:58 AM »
I guess so.  Fairy tale ending should be a possibility...parade at the end etc..

You wanted the parade huh :P

I wanted to bang Tali and not have Joker hate me (because EDI [and all synths are dead]). :P

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 09:37:48 AM »
I wanted to bang Tali and not have Joker hate me (because EDI [and all synths are dead]). :P

lol but Joker is an emotional little child :P

I'm sure EDI can be fixed.  Don't you think?

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 09:41:59 AM »
lol but Joker is an emotional little child :P

I'm sure EDI can be fixed.  Don't you think?

WAAAHAAAT?

Joker is the reason I didn't say 'fuck it' and leave the Normandy un-upgraded (if that's even a word).

But after watching the ME3: Citadel; Tali Romance video...I have to go Synthesis...it's what she says before they all get back on the Normandy ["You'll do right by us" or something close to that].

After watching that...was like "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK!"....guess I won't be saying adios to the Geth and EDI :\

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 10:22:31 AM »
I don't understand.  What does Tali have to do with Synthesis?  The Quarians aren't synthetic, futher more if any race would rather not be synthetic it would be them, since they've had more trouble with synthetics than most.

I take it you made peace between the Geth and Quarians?  I couldn't do that since Legion was the only member I lost in ME2.  I was romancing Tali also, she's the bomb :P

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 10:32:32 AM »
I don't understand.  What does Tali have to do with Synthesis?  The Quarians aren't synthetic, futher more if any race would rather not be synthetic it would be them, since they've had more trouble with synthetics than most.

I take it you made peace between the Geth and Quarians?  I couldn't do that since Legion was the only member I lost in ME2.  I was romancing Tali also, she's the bomb :P

This is precisely why I "blow up" about the endings.

I DROPPED 2 hours of gameplay because I knew that Quar and Geth could be united but didn't know you had to do the Quar/Geth missions in a certain order so I was like "wtf?!" when Legion was about to upload and Tali's talking about the Quar Fleet being annihilation if he succeeds.

...so ya. Lost 2 hours because Auto-save had overwritten and the only manual save I had was way back....

I specifically wanted the 'good' ending.

As for the reason for Synth. Well.....I made peace with the Geth, had befriended EDI. And in my mind Tali wouldn't be okay with me cutting them loose just so I could bang her.

So in the end I'd have to pick Synth because Destruction isn't going to fly. And she wasn't too happy about the fact Quar used Geth like slaves so...Control is a no go. :\

ARGH! Fictional Character, why do I care for your well-being! D:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mass Effect 3 *spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 10:59:40 AM »
I was romancing Tali the whole time too. So I couldn't choose the Geth over the Quarians, for obvious reasons.  Anyway I couldn't cause like I said, I lost Legion in ME2.

Her feelings don't change at all if the Geth are destroyed.  The ONLY downside to choosing Destroy at the end of the game is losing EDI, which sucks cause she's awesome. Personally I choose to believe that she'll be fixed, just like the Mass Relays and Citadel are fixed.  Tali will remain with Shapard if he survives and presumably you'd have loads of fun with her on Rannoch.  So all is well, except the Geth are gone (in your case).  My Shep goes down in a blaze of glory and Tali puts his name up on the wall, perfect ending for me, save for EDI, but she's getting fixed so I'm not too sad (kind of like Data at the end of Star Treak: Nemesis).

You're point is valid in that there's no Fairy Tale perfect ending available here.  Someone is going down one way or the other.  You CAN save the whole galaxy and make a perfect Milky Way, but that WILL cost you Shepard.  If you think about it, it's a small price to pay, and I believe anyone would be willing to pay that price to save everyone.  It's a poetic ending and I think Bioware had the same idea.

Mass Effect was about choices and hard decisions. If Bioware was going to put at least one life lesson in this series, it's that there's no such thing as a fairy tale lol

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 11:18:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure I had every ending possible available to me, as I never lost anyone and always got everyone to make peace with one another and saved all lives possible throughout all three games, etc. But I fucked up and didn't get to pick my ending cause I was messing around and shot the kid. lol. I didn't know that would do anything. Was too lazy to re-do shit to go back to it after that.

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 11:25:36 AM »
...okay...fine... I admit it! I got attached to the characters. And so I based my choices on "what would I do" and "How would they react [beyond the scope of the game's reaction]".

So that's where I get the "she'd be pissed if I did 'this' or 'that'."

As for Fairy Tale ending...Suicide Mission. 'nough said. :P

I like stories that have a 'sad ending'. But I really only enjoy those when I know it's not an absolute. I could choose in ME2 to have everyone die and Joker's left running back to tell the R-tards in the Citadel that I, Shepard, am not crazy...giant-assed Robotic Space-squids are really coming to kill us all.

...but I also had the option of saving everyone. I mean...I am Shepard after all...first human Specter....and if you want to argue that. We can go in this dark alley.

Anyway, so ya. I should be able to make the impossible, possible.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 11:52:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure I had every ending possible available to me, as I never lost anyone and always got everyone to make peace with one another and saved all lives possible throughout all three games, etc. But I fucked up and didn't get to pick my ending cause I was messing around and shot the kid. lol. I didn't know that would do anything. Was too lazy to re-do shit to go back to it after that.

Err all you'd have to do to reverse that choice was load the previous auto-save and watch 2 cutscene over lol

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 11:55:35 AM »
Anyway, so ya. I should be able to make the impossible, possible.

Did Bioware have an answer to that?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »
Err all you'd have to do to reverse that choice was load the previous auto-save and watch 2 cutscene over lol
Xbox 360, and I had to do more than that. :)

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 10:43:25 PM »
Did Bioware have an answer to that?

"Artistic Integrity"