Author Topic: What's Cochy up to?  (Read 9085 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What's Cochy up to?
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »
I just logged into Steam after being off it for a month or so and I see this:

Dec 23
Cochy now owns 2 more games
Endless Space  |  Legend of Grimrock

Dec 24
Cochy now owns Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Dec 26
Cochy now owns The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire

Dec 29
Cochy now owns 2 more games
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut  |  The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

Seriously man, you want to give us the low down on some of these games?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: What's Cochy up to?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »
haha.

Ya Steam kinda has a way of making you buy a ton of games.  They all end up on serious specials and then after you buy em at 50% off they wind up at 75% the next day and you're pissed.

Ya so you all know about Skyrim and the Witcher (Haven't played it yet but both games cost me $10).  Chivarly is a FPS melee, wasn't super impressed after playing it the first time.

Endless Space is a 4X strategy game.  It's ok, mainly got it to play with a friend from work.  My 4X game of choice is still Civ 5, just got God's and Kings expansion and I'm very happy with that.

Legend of Grimrock is a 1st person dungeon crawler.  Was gifted to me.  It's interesting, hard and unforgiving game play.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »
Okay, question: Do you simply enjoy the Civilization games overall, or is #5 better for some reason? Do you get bored after playing Civilization games for awhile, and if so, does that include five or does five take longer to get bored of?

I ask because I've always enjoyed the civilization games but usually it is very short-lived as I quickly get bored of them and no longer desire to play them for a long time, a very long time. I have three and four but have not tried five, hence the question.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:56:33 AM »
Civ 5 is my first experience with Civ actually.  No I don't get bored of it as beating the AI on high difficulties is very hard and then there's the multiplayer aspect which improves longevity quite a bit.

The new expansion offers a lot more depth (religion, espionage) which weren't included in base game.  It also adds 9 new civs plus there are a few more available as DLC.  The game was first released in 2010 I think, so it's been very refined since the initial release with many tweaks to engine, tech trees, etc.

Right now it's a very solid 4X game quite worth of Sid Mayers name I'd suspect.  Right now both base and expansion are 75% off on Steam.  You can get both for $15 total.  I would get it if I were you:

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/wintersale2012_civilization

PS. Fucking Steam. What was I saying before? I bough God's and Kings for $15 a few days ago...now? It's $7.50...man I suck

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 01:04:05 PM »
Ironic, since when you said Steam, I considered using every other available source first. Newegg, Amazon, Gamefly often all have great deals and I typically get a hard copy as well, which I prefer especially in PC games unless they're older. I'll probably wait for a good deal to spring up on the GOTY and pop the expansion too.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »
Got both Civ V GoTY and Expansion off Amazon, got them today, about to install and ass some kick.

Fuck yeah.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »
Sweet! If you want to play some multiplayer just let me know!

I've been consumed with Skyrim lately.  Playing the Dawnguard expansion.  I've been having a lot of fun installing mods into the game via Steam Workshop.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »
I (finally) got Skyrim over the weekend. It was half off on steam, and I have a computer that can handle it now. Super fun. The cinematic kills are super rewarding for combat.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 09:54:18 PM »
I (finally) got Skyrim over the weekend. It was half off on steam, and I have a computer that can handle it now. Super fun. The cinematic kills are super rewarding for combat.

Make sure to check out the steam workshop to subscribe to mods. Lots of good ones out there. What's your Steam username?

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 10:50:14 PM »
Make sure to check out the steam workshop to subscribe to mods. Lots of good ones out there. What's your Steam username?

I hate that Beth didn't give the Skyrim Launcher the ability to run external code (ie SKSE).

It's a pain to remember to run the launcher to check for the updates to the 5 Workshop mods I run :\

PS: Skyrim Nexus has a pretty large array of mods, many of the Workshop mods are "ports" from Nexus...and usually are last to update.

PSS: I really love modding :3

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558686202327280201/EBDC2F50A7E22A7F73ED00A01A75327D329D909F/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559813038311635824/FC7F6325E50529CB39D7270C480C4D030025DCBE/
Bella's Better Female: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/614970636875084242/E850812F1B196D1A098A8A76094F7A4CBB8611F3/

Some of the mods in those shots have either been replaced (Bella's mod for example)

Complete list of all active mods (from Skyrim Nexus AND STILL AVAILABLE):

http://illutian.blogspot.com/2013/01/tes-v-skyrim-my-mods.html

*Note: Several mods like FavoredSoul's stuff are no longer available, you'd need to get them elsewhere
-Yes, you do know you want 'One Handed Crossbows' (assuming you have Dawnguard DLC)...Demon Hunter (Diablo 3) anyone? :D
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 02:45:31 PM »
Maybe if I have time I'll check out the mods. For now I'm fine playing the game as is. My username's etelrunya. I already went and found you.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 12:06:34 AM »
I understand that the Elder Scrolls games are meant to be stand alone, massive single player RPG, but it would be awesome if we could at least make it 2 - 4 person co-op. Just to be able to play with a friend or friends. Granted the Elder Scrolls online will somewhat answer that. But it won't be the same style of game. It may even stagnate the Elder Scrolls genre because it will lose the game style that we are used to.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 10:57:53 AM »
I understand that the Elder Scrolls games are meant to be stand alone, massive single player RPG, but it would be awesome if we could at least make it 2 - 4 person co-op. Just to be able to play with a friend or friends. Granted the Elder Scrolls online will somewhat answer that. But it won't be the same style of game. It may even stagnate the Elder Scrolls genre because it will lose the game style that we are used to.

Ya I know what you mean.  It would be nice to have some people over to my Lakeside Manor :)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 02:16:52 PM »
Ya I know what you mean.  It would be nice to have some people over to my Lakeside Manor :)

I wish I could have people come visit me in my pad in Megaton is Fallout 3. I had clean plates and glasses, fresh fruit, cold beer (and colder Nuka Cola), a bunch of cool toys (teddy bears of every size), and lots of vintage clothing to play dress-up with.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 04:00:03 PM »
...I just want to slay dragons.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
...I just want to slay dragons.
Too bad they're fucking weak. About the only way to make it challenging is to slay them entirely in the air with a bow. You also have to be careful that they don't kill any of your quest related npc's.

Also, most of the daedric artifacts are epic disappointments. Mere shadows of their former glory.

I want to fly around in full daedric armor under my exquisite robe while hunting dragons. Or at the very least be able to jump so high that I can land on one of them winged fucks.

The dragonborn can shout, woopdeedoo, he should be able to morph into a dragon.

That would be cool, just no splitscreen shit. Either system link, lan party, or net.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »
I'd like to finish Skyrim but when I go back in time to kill the dragon I can never knock him down to the ground with the shout and that's IF the dragon shows up at all for the cutscene which happens 80% of the time.  I'd rather not replay it as I've cleared everything

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 04:52:34 PM »
Been playing more Civ 5 lately.  Just in time for the news that there will be a 2nd expansion pack this summer.  Looks like another big one!

http://www.civilization5.com/bravenewworld/

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »
Eventually got bored with it as expected, but it took a hell of a lot longer than any of the other civs. It was worth the buy. I've personally been playing Path of Exile pretty consistently for over a month now. Getting burnt out, so I'm gearing up for some distractions to keep me from getting burnt out.

I'll definitely be getting that Civ 5 expansion though.