Author Topic: Yes!!  (Read 11323 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yes!!
« on: November 07, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »
Obama won! Everyone rejoice! Four more years having someone good in the whitehouse!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Yes!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »
*crickets*

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 11:05:51 AM »
Obama won! Everyone rejoice! Four more years having someone good in the whitehouse!
Was there ever any doubt? I mean, the Republicans in my family voted Republican because they are robots and vote that way regardless of the candidate/issues but I never considered Romney to be a serious candidate. The incumbent always has the advantage in an election and the Republicans did't want to put their best choice up (whoever that is) during a reelection race. Romney only ran because the illusion of a Democracy must be maintained above all else. I'm sure the Republicans will try harder four years from now.

That said, the news reported that the reason it took Romney so long to concede was that he had only prepared one speech, his winning speech, and had to write a new speech when he finally gave up the ghost and admitted defeat. If true, that anecdote sums up just how unprepared Romney was for the job of President.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 04:53:25 AM »
lol my trolling failed. I honestly didn't care either way, but I'm sure another part of the reason the repubs put forth Romney is because of the face. He's got that presidential face. You know what I'm talking about, just watch a movie with the "president" in it, most of them have that face.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 11:45:43 AM »
lol my trolling failed. I honestly didn't care either way, but I'm sure another part of the reason the repubs put forth Romney is because of the face. He's got that presidential face. You know what I'm talking about, just watch a movie with the "president" in it, most of them have that face.
You say you don't care, but did you vote?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
*crickets*

Mo doesn't like Obama. :P

He looks like Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic 4.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 12:59:55 PM »
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »
He looks like Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic 4.

Don't insult Reed Richards!

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 03:28:56 PM »
You say you don't care, but did you vote?
No?

I did during the last election, but after dealing with people making a big deal out of it, I said "fuck it" this year. Besides being too lazy to go anywhere, I also didn't care, since you can never truly know what anyone will do, who they really are, or their truths, lies, and betrayals. This is true in personal relationships, in the case of a complete stranger, even more so. I take every word they say with a grain of salt.

Of course everyone also made a big deal about me not voting this year, just like they did with whom I voted last election. So next time every question regarding politics sent in my direction will inevitably result in a "fuck you" no matter who it's from or the form of question. People get stupid about this kind of shit. I had so many phone calls that day, I was even nice to one poll guy calling who asked me who I was voting for. Normally I just hang up on these people and go about my business, but since I was in a good mood I told him I wasn't planning on voting and he responded with "oh, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't voting when men and women have fought and died for your right to, bye now." I wanted to call this motherfucker out, but decided he wasn't worth my time. Whatever the case, the "right" to do something is also the "right" not to.

It's simple, you make your vote, and leave others to theirs. Right?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »
Fuck that's a lot of "rights."

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 04:21:47 PM »
S.S is the reincarnation of George Carlin
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 05:55:14 PM »
Of course everyone also made a big deal about me not voting this year, just like they did with whom I voted last election. So next time every question regarding politics sent in my direction will inevitably result in a "fuck you" no matter who it's from or the form of question. People get stupid about this kind of shit. I had so many phone calls that day, I was even nice to one poll guy calling who asked me who I was voting for. Normally I just hang up on these people and go about my business, but since I was in a good mood I told him I wasn't planning on voting and he responded with "oh, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't voting when men and women have fought and died for your right to, bye now." I wanted to call this motherfucker out, but decided he wasn't worth my time. Whatever the case, the "right" to do something is also the "right" not to.

It's simple, you make your vote, and leave others to theirs. Right?
Ah, new to the no voting scene I see. It's interesting, I've never voted (except once when I was 10 I voted for Reagan for a second term) and over the years  I found that the easiest response to people asking "Did you vote?" is to simply smile and say nothing. The question is ultimately rhetorical because everyone just assumes the answer is either "yes" or "not yet".

As far as that last part about, "leave others to theirs", that is the conundrum with voting. Since voting is the ultimate act of public participation (ideally the opinion of every individual being acknowledged and validated by the entire community) the idea that a voter's choice is then a personal and private matter is completely backwards.

So, in the end, I just let people think that I share their opinions regarding such topics as sports, religion, and politics. Helps family visits stay civil and keeps me out of bar fights.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 02:18:39 AM »
Ah, new to the no voting scene I see. It's interesting, I've never voted (except once when I was 10 I voted for Reagan for a second term) and over the years  I found that the easiest response to people asking "Did you vote?" is to simply smile and say nothing. The question is ultimately rhetorical because everyone just assumes the answer is either "yes" or "not yet".

As far as that last part about, "leave others to theirs", that is the conundrum with voting. Since voting is the ultimate act of public participation (ideally the opinion of every individual being acknowledged and validated by the entire community) the idea that a voter's choice is then a personal and private matter is completely backwards.

So, in the end, I just let people think that I share their opinions regarding such topics as sports, religion, and politics. Helps family visits stay civil and keeps me out of bar fights.

Ha! Wow, I do that too. I'll be at work and someone will rant on about how Obama did this and did that and Romney better win etc. etc. and I'll nod in understanding, say words like "yeah?" and "wow" and generally pretend I care, then turn around and agree with someone ranting about Romney.  Same goes for when my line-workers complain about each other, just nod my head and pretend I care. What I really think is "just shut the fuck up and do your job" but telling them won't do any good.

It's something I've always done though, attempting to stay neutral in most situations. On the internet it doesn't matter, so I never saw reason be 'neutral' online. An online arguments can be entertaining, but most people are stubborn an unwilling to re-consider their position on a topic and introducing a counter-argument typically leads to some form or other of conflict and nothing positive results from it, so I keep it online.

The other thing I do, and honestly didn't realize I did until more recently is emulating others. When I'm around someone I emulate them to an extent in order to blend in. I realize it more now that I'm aware of it. I believe to a large extent that this is due to my largely introverted nature, and while I still don't understand people and why they do what they do most of the time, this helps me to blend in on the social level. Normally I'm so busy analyzing everything or over-thinking situations that things like humor and social events are lost on me; emulating helps me look like I understand even if occasionally my laugh at a stupid joke is obviously fake.

On the other hand, I understand people very well in a different way, in that I can usually determine a response based on body language and how people will act, how relationships will end, and these sort of things are all entirely predictable. The funny thing is, while I can determine an accurate outcome or an interaction, I am still lost as to why the people involved took the action in the first place. To me, having analyzed the situation changes my approach, so I guess the logical conclusion is that they did not properly analyze the situation and that is where I don't understand. I don't understand why most people don't "think," it's irritating to me. At the same time, I can't help but occasionally envy people capable of simply taking action, going in head first without the need to consider anything and come out having accomplished what they set out to do.

It's vexing being that I can't help but think about it and believe it is yet another thing with which my understanding will always be limited to a degree. Are you like this as well? Maybe you have some insight?

In other news, I just got told to pick an outfit for my daughter to wear... the purple one! It says "I get my looks from my dad, and my brains from my mom!"
She's talking right now, going on and on incomprehensibly. Cute little bugger.

This turned into a rant I'd say, well, it is in random ranting...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 02:23:51 AM by Soul Sojourner »