Author Topic: Follower Discussion  (Read 3290 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Follower Discussion
« on: October 30, 2012, 03:21:42 PM »
Post to this thread to discuss strategies, information, and ideas regarding followers.

I've had some time to test the various follower's skills and came up with some interesting numbers regarding skills that boost a player's damage.

These damage numbers are based on my Demon Hunter JimmyJames with the following base statistics:
Level: 60(8)
Attacks per Second: 1.36
Critical Hit Chance: 37.5%

Base Damage:

Scoundrel Anatomy skill:
(+3% Critical Hit Chance, 40.5% Total Critical Hit Chance)

Scoundrel Hysteria skill:
(Critical Hit Gives +10% damage for 3 seconds)*

*A note on Hysteria. It activates whenever you or the Scoundrel score a critical hit and lasts for 3 seconds. However, it can only be activated every 5 seconds so the damage shown is the amount done 3/5 of the time. Assuming a high enough critical hit chance to keep this effect active, this would make the actual average damage of Hysteria (62,915.02 x 3) + (57,195.48 x2) / 5 = 60,627.21 which is still the highest damage output of the three follower skills.

Enchantress Focused Mind skill:
(+3% Attack Speed, 1.4 Attacks per Second)

Anyway, that's just a quick comparison of the 3 follower skills that directly effect a player's damage using a critical hit based build as the example. The effectiveness of the various skills will vary with the type of build. If I have time I'll do a comparison with other builds and post the results here.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:46:14 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Follower Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »
Hmm I think choosing Scoundrel is determined by your crit chance. If you have high crit chance then his bonus will trigger more often.  Otherwise Enchantress seems better because her bonuses are constant, plus she also buffs your armor.